* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 06:25:40 AM
    ;)
  • Today at 06:25:16 AM
    :r_flame:
  • Today at 04:34:29 AM
    I had to look up the lyrics. I knew what song it was, but I didn't know what came next :P
  • Today at 02:58:06 AM
    no
  • Yesterday at 09:35:28 AM
    im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
  • Yesterday at 08:09:53 AM
    yessss [link]
  • Yesterday at 05:16:39 AM
    I mean, no message could've been any clearer.
  • September 24, 2017, 09:11:07 PM
    nooooo...you didn't get my reference xD Hope someone got it tho....
  • September 24, 2017, 02:28:11 PM
    Two way mirror mate
  • September 24, 2017, 07:29:14 AM
    should we ask him to change his ways?  :))
  • September 23, 2017, 02:17:09 PM
    He's the man in the mirror.
  • September 22, 2017, 05:41:21 AM
    who dis?
  • September 22, 2017, 12:19:34 AM
    long time no see
  • September 22, 2017, 12:19:22 AM
    dumke
  • September 21, 2017, 02:28:59 AM
    :juggs:
  • September 20, 2017, 10:12:44 AM
    XD
  • September 19, 2017, 05:13:57 AM
    :hype:
  • September 19, 2017, 05:13:38 AM
    i wanna play dbo illegal [link]
  • September 19, 2017, 04:53:44 AM
    I WANNA PLAY DBO official XD
  • September 19, 2017, 04:44:20 AM
    i love me too....
  • September 18, 2017, 11:45:06 AM
    I still love you guys, tho.  ;)
  • September 18, 2017, 11:43:14 AM
    You're all nutcases. But it's cool that MC is still running strong. :candy:
  • September 18, 2017, 04:11:35 AM
    :r_flame:
  • September 16, 2017, 09:06:16 PM
    pfff.... [link]
  • September 16, 2017, 02:07:19 PM
    :kappa:
  • September 16, 2017, 10:15:21 AM
    MarineCorps > Forum Guild with main goal, trolling and taking over the Forum. Final Boss is Monkey Dead Luffy! Will they rape that boss, or will Boss rape them! Stay with us in next episode of Dead Balls of Z!!!
  • September 14, 2017, 10:03:29 PM
    :smugdbo:
  • September 14, 2017, 10:36:20 AM
    :))
  • September 13, 2017, 08:34:06 PM
    :youth:
  • September 13, 2017, 04:20:30 PM
    :paleman:

Topic: Hairstyles  (Read 4415 times)

Hairstyles
« on: September 09, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 5
    • View Profile
  • A dead planet is one of infinite possibilities.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Does anyone else feel that there're too few hairstyles in the game?

I'm watching a character customisation vid atm and I've just got through the male human hairstyles, and there's only one ponytail style - it isn't even based on Trunks' ponytail!

High ponytails don't really look that cool on male characters. I'm rather disappointed that there's no low ponytail/Trunks-esque option in the game ('specially since it's the style I wear my hair in, although mine is a bit longer than Trunks' was).
They do have the long-haired Trunks non-tied up hairstyle but it's not quite as good. :/ The Crono hairstyle looks kinda cool too, but meh.

The female humans do get some good selections for hair, though. At least I think. :D

Hairstyles
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 08:30:29 PM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 19
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
I think that if they had hair like characters in the show then everyone would just run around pretending to be goku or vegeta or trunks and noone would choose the other hairstyles

Hairstyles
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 08:34:57 PM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
That's a good point, and I definitely don't think they should have Goku and Vegeta hairstyles (or any of the unique Saiyan styles), but they do have some other characters' hairstyles like Bulma and Trunks (long) because those're kinda common hairstyles.

Would've been nice to add more ponytail options for males, like Trunks' or Kid Gohan's style (which're both rather common hairstyles anyway). Maybe even Adult Gohan's shorter style for guys who like shorter hair (since most of the short hairstyles are still kind of long).

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if you can change your hairstyle in DBO? I'd assume there'd be a choice to do it somewhere but then again... a lot of MMO's seem to leave that feature out. :|
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:09:02 PM by LordSchmee »

Hairstyles
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 09:15:53 PM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Nope...you can't change your hairstyle afterwards. If you choose a hairstyle you'll have it forever.
*click for original size*

Hairstyles
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 09:39:22 PM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Nope...you can't change your hairstyle afterwards. If you choose a hairstyle you'll have it forever.
Damn, that sucks. :/ So even if the DBOR team did work on new hairstyles post-release I'd still be stuck with the one I had to take at launch. :(

Hairstyles
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 09:55:18 PM »

Offline Danny

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 1
    • View Profile
  • bang bang
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
Damn, that sucks. :/ So even if the DBOR team did work on new hairstyles post-release I'd still be stuck with the one I had to take at launch. :(

No barber shop, sorry.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:20:54 PM by SonWest »

Hairstyles
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:55:38 PM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Well...then choose the one you like....i never had problems with hairstyle....
*click for original size*

Hairstyles
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
@Danny: If you're not comfortable enough in your sexuality to have long hair, that's your own business. Don't project your own insecurities onto other people, though. :)
Shame that there's no barber, though. That also seems kind of out of place given that DBZ is one of the few anime series where characters actually change their hairstyles on a regular basis (aside from the two main Saiyans).

@Luffy: Yeah, some of the hair styles are kinda cool, so I can get why people wouldn't have too much of a problem. The "default" hairstyle is pretty cool (like Crono's from Chrono Trigger), and there're a few others as mentioned above. But there aren't really any decent long haired styles, which is a shame 'cause there've been a few really cool long haired characters (Kid Gohan, Yamcha, Trunks w/ponytail, Raditz, and some of the minor characters or budokai characters). I wanted to create a character with a low ponytail. Guess I'll just have to go for the high ponytail hairstyle instead.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:01:48 AM by LordSchmee »

Hairstyles
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 01:11:21 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Hairstyles was fine... I had my fighter with that ponytail.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110509000656/dragonball/images/1/10/Online2ndGroup1.png

Like this sword, just with white hair.
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

Hairstyles
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 02:44:48 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I just really dislike high ponytails. It seems like such a bizarre choice, too, since we've only ever seen low ponytails in the series.

Hairstyles
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 02:51:20 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
I just really dislike high ponytails. It seems like such a bizarre choice, too, since we've only ever seen low ponytails in the series.

Woooow how many times do I have to say this it isn't the damn series only cause they have low ponytails there doesn't mean they should have it here smfh

Hairstyles
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 02:55:09 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Woooow how many times do I have to say this it isn't the damn series only cause they have low ponytails there doesn't mean they should have it here smfh
You don't understand the concept of video-game adaptations do you?

Video game adaptations, shockingly, follow the original designs and aspects of the series they're adapting!

Hence why you can find Bulma, Chi Chi and Mai haircuts in the female humans area, as well as Trunks and Crono hairstyles in the male humans.

Hence why the characters in general look like Akira Toriyama's art style. That's because it was like that in the series.

Hairstyles
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 02:59:15 AM »

Offline Casey

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hey
  • I am a: Plasma Majin

Video game adaptations, shockingly, follow the original designs and aspects of the series they're adapting!

Hence why you can find Bulma, Chi Chi and Mai haircuts in the female humans area, as well as Trunks and Crono hairstyles in the male humans.

Hence why the characters in general look like Akira Toriyama's art style. That's because it was like that in the series.
Well like i wrote in your SSJ topic:
Now, I see a lot of people saying that this game is/was a DBZ (based) game. Well it isn't, it is DBO and it has its own story. Toriyama himself supervised the work:
"Series creator Akira Toriyama has a great deal of creative control over the project, both contributing to and supervising the story and art design, including character and location arrangements. It has been stated that Toriyama has worked on character designs for this project for over five years."   (Source)

Hairstyles
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 03:01:36 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all

There's a reason haircuts like the original saiyans were not put in the game cause everyone would just use them and forget the others. I'm all for new hairstyles, just not the ones from the series cause everyone will be running around pretending to be them (like you would).

Post Merge: September 10, 2014, 03:02:32 AM
Now, I see a lot of people saying that this game is/was a DBZ (based) game. Well it isn't, it is DBO and it has its own story. Toriyama himself supervised the work:
"Series creator Akira Toriyama has a great deal of creative control over the project, both contributing to and supervising the story and art design, including character and location arrangements. It has been stated that Toriyama has worked on character designs for this project for over five years."   (Source)

This guy ain't getting it lol this ^

Hairstyles
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 03:04:19 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
I wana this hair style and this OP Beard...

Hairstyles
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 03:05:15 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Firstly, he did work on that, but that doesn't negate the fact that there're only around 10 hairstyles per gender. He designed some hairstyles, but there've been many more hairstyles out there that he's designed that aren't in the game yet.

Secondly, @Xicer, I already stated that the Saiyan hairstyles shouldn't be available. I'm talking about regular low-ponytail hairstyles which are common in real life, too (especially among fighters with long hair). And why would I "pretend" to be another character? I want to give my Turtle Hermit the same hairstyle/colour as me. Unless you're conceding that I'm a DBZ character? If only that were the case.

Hairstyles
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 03:07:17 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
Firstly, he did work on that, but that doesn't negate the fact that there're only around 10 hairstyles per gender. He designed some hairstyles, but there've been many more hairstyles out there that he's designed that aren't in the game yet.

Secondly, @Xicer, I already stated that the Saiyan hairstyles shouldn't be available. I'm talking about regular low-ponytail hairstyles which are common in real life, too (especially among fighters with long hair). And why would I "pretend" to be another character? I want to give my Turtle Hermit the same hairstyle/colour as me. Unless you're conceding that I'm a DBZ character? If only that were the case.

If you want your turtle to look like you so bad just mod a low ponytail hairstyle and you're done.

Hairstyles
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 03:20:33 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
If you want your turtle to look like you so bad just mod a low ponytail hairstyle and you're done.
1. It's not a feature that would benefit me alone, but a multitude of other players.
2. I, unlike the DBOR staff, lack the ability to modify games.
3. Even if I could mod it, there'd be no point if my friends can't see it.
4. Again - you may not want this feature - others do. You've made your own opinion clear, there's no reason to continue bogging down the thread.

Hairstyles
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 03:38:07 AM »

Offline chano

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
3. Even if I could mod it, there'd be no point if my friends can't see it.

Friend 1-Wooooww bro, you look super cool today,
Wild mob appears-attacked LordSchmee
LordSschmee-0 LP
Friend1-WTTTFFFF you are dead :( :( :(
Friend1-It doesn't matter, you still looking super cool lololol
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:39:53 AM by chano »

...it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...

Hairstyles
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 03:39:44 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Wooooww bro, you look super cool today,
WTTTFFFF you are dead :( :( :(
It doesn't matter, you still looking super cool lololol
I don't even get what you're trying to imply. That I'd have to have the dogi hat turned off to show off a new hairstyle?

'cause we've already established that you can make them invisible, so...

Hairstyles
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 03:40:17 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
Wooooww bro, you look super cool today,
WTTTFFFF you are dead :( :( :(
It doesn't matter, you still looking super cool lololol

Hahaha, I agree on this.
Who care about stats. What is important, is to die cute xD.

Hairstyles
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 03:42:01 AM »

Offline Casey

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hey
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
I've got point of view and I'm trying to share mine.
DBO could be even considered a series itself, because it has elements of its own such as storyline, characters, world and many other things. It may have similar things, but not exactly the same.
Again this is just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Hairstyles
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 03:46:13 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I've got point of view and I'm trying to share mine.
DBO could be even considered a series itself, because it has elements of its own such as storyline, characters, world and many other things. It may have similar things, but not exactly the same.
Again this is just my opinion, for what it's worth.
I get your point, and I appreciate you being civil. :)

It is a series in itself, I agree. Dragonball was a series separate from Dragonball Z, too. But they both had things specific to the franchise on the whole. The Kamehameha wave. Characters changing outfits, allegiances, hairstyles, etc. It's a staple of the franchise, and it makes sense here, too.

As for the other two who seriously seem to be saying character customisation isn't an important feature... why do we get the option to choose our appearance anyway? If your appearance doesn't matter, why even give us the option to change it at the start of the game?

They gave us the option because Dragonball fans have WANTED the chance to create their own DB characters for years. It's why they're adding it into XV, and why they (tried) to add it to Ultimate Tenkaichi, even if it failed.

Character customisation is important, because you aren't playing a character in DBZ. You're playing your own character.

Anyway, I'm getting a headache from all this back and forth and having to repeat myself in different ways, so I think I'm going to leave it here. Thanks again, Casey, for the pleasantness. :)

Hairstyles
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 03:52:16 AM »

Offline Gotexo

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Gamer
  • I am a: Namekian
Is the Game about hairstyles or about Skill and Fights?!

Hairstyles
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 03:53:29 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
Is the Game about hairstyles or about Skill and Fights?!

Idk mate.... LOL