[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: "New" Nintendo 3DS and "New" Nintendo 3DS XL  (Read 4834 times)

"New" Nintendo 3DS and "New" Nintendo 3DS XL
« on: August 30, 2014, 04:36:26 AM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
There a new Nintendo 3DS now, WHICH SUCKS AS I JUST BOUGHT MINE 2 MONTHS AGO,(****ing nintendo)
according to nintendo, some of its features are:
"-Better 3D
-Second stick
-NFC built-in
-Coloured buttons
-More buttons
-Better battery (up to 7h)
-Now compatible with microSDCard
-You can back up data on your PC via wireless.
-Browser improved, now works with HTML5 CPU improved, makes browsing Miiverse / eShop much faster.
-Can switch designs now (covers)"

here how it looks

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles(which was originally a wii game) is now gonna get a port for the "new" 3DS only as far as I'm aware
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:41:06 AM by Gewku »

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 05:37:32 AM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Well looks like i gotta buy it lol.

Dawning a new Radiant Strength
Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 06:08:42 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
-More buttons

A.K.A. one more button above the ABXY buttons and idk what it does... unless that's the power button. I hate the new design.

This is the DS with the best design even since the first one (not the XL but I couldn't find an image like this of the non-XL):

I'm glad I bought it and in that color specifically. I actually hate the XL's design a little and the new one just sucks...
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 06:22:59 AM »

Offline Silencer

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Be your unique color. I'm being mine.
  • I am a: Human
I've never bought an XL because the only good thing about it is better battery... right? Or is it just good because it's bigger? Either way the two are the same but the XL is at a disadvantage because it can't fit in your pocket! To me Nintendo purposelty went back a step in having a good game system. The 3DS is great and I have a black one and will never... ever in my life buy an XL of any kind! Ever! It just can't fit in your pocket and that's pretty much the only difference! Nintendo probably got drunk before thinking this up!!

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 06:32:33 AM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
A.K.A. one more button above the ABXY buttons and idk what it does... unless that's the power button. I hate the new design.

This is the DS with the best design even since the first one (not the XL but I couldn't find an image like this of the non-XL):

I'm glad I bought it and in that color specifically. I actually hate the XL's design a little and the new one just sucks...
no, thats(believe it or not) A SECONDARY CIRCLE PAD! IKR ITS SO ****ING SMALL!(according to nintendo they wanted to make it similiar to the c-stick on the gamecube, and that kinda makes sense) and also theres triggers
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 06:38:23 AM by Gewku »

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 07:16:48 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
All this new buttons... That means it's supposed to be a new generation? If it has new buttons then they have to make games compatible with them and that would make those games not compatible with the original 3DS's.
They can't release a new generation already! They have only released 1 Pokemon generation! I won't buy that crap just to play more Pokemon xD
MarineCorps

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 07:27:38 AM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
All this new buttons... That means it's supposed to be a new generation? If it has new buttons then they have to make games compatible with them and that would make those games not compatible with the original 3DS's.
They can't release a new generation already! They have only released 1 Pokemon generation! I won't buy that crap just to play more Pokemon xD
yep, its gonna have exclusive games, as the new 3DS has a faster CPU and better 3D functions aswell as more buttons, one game which is already confirmed to be a new 3DS exclusive is Xenoblade Chronicles(it's orginally a wii game so idc i already have it, but they are gonna port it to the new 3DS and the new 3DS only D=)
I have always defended Nintendo and said that they are a good company, but now....I've lost some love for them
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:35:50 AM by Gewku »

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 08:02:24 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I have always defended Nintendo and said that they are a good company, but now....I've lost some love for them

Same here. Making the Wii and DS internet connection companies "bankrupt" really pissed me off. That means I can no longer play Mario Kart online on my Wii so I have to buy a Wii U and Mario Kart 8 to do more races online... So mad about it. Same goes for this "New 3DS" with exclusive games...
MarineCorps

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 08:20:28 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Nintendo ID: AholaR
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Mario Kart 8 has DLC now. I hate that. >:(

Made by Kaiza.

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 10:30:02 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
That little nubbet is not a stick.

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Since my recent fondness for Xenoblade Chronicles, it annoys me how this game ported to the new 3DS will only work on this platform. Since I only own the original 3DS, I could potentially get the new XL, plus, it's due out next year outside of Japan so plenty of time to make a decision.

However, Nintendo really should've released this model 3 years ago...Well done Nintendo, $$$$.

EDIT: A question I just thought of, currently, sometimes my Pokemon Y game lags in certain moments (usually with horde battles), do you think this new hardware in 3DS LL will be able to nullify the frame rate issues?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:59:11 AM by keredvin »
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:56 AM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
Since my recent fondness for Xenoblade Chronicles, it annoys me how this game ported to the new 3DS will only work on this platform. Since I only own the original 3DS, I could potentially get the new XL, plus, it's due out next year outside of Japan so plenty of time to make a decision.

However, Nintendo really should've released this model 3 years ago...Well done Nintendo, $$$$.

EDIT: A question I just thought of, currently, sometimes my Pokemon Y game lags in certain moments (usually with horde battles), do you think this new hardware in 3DS LL will be able to nullify the frame rate issues?
Me too, my Pokemon Y also lags in horde battles and normal times, and I have no idea if this will be fixed,The new system does have a faster CPU, but we don't know the specs yet, I'm still VERY mad at nintendo but, As long as they don't just DUMP the 3DS(which probably WILL happen)then I'm fine.

That little nubbet is not a stick.
As I said earlier, it's like the c-stick on the nintendo gamecube, plus we don't know if its comfy yet,the second we all saw the normal 3DS circle pad we shit on it, and the second we got out hands on it, it felt silky smooth, plus if you watch the videos showcasing the C-Stick-Circle-Pad you would realize its sort of....touch, it's not ACTUALLY touch but you don't really PUSH it from what ever saw, you just slide your hand.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:09:45 AM by Gewku »

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Legacy!
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
just as there will be a vita 2 at some point, there would be a 3ds 2, im looking forward to it

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Me too, my Pokemon Y also lags in horde battles and normal times, and I have no idea if this will be fixed,The new system does have a faster CPU, but we don't know the specs yet, I'm still VERY mad at nintendo but, As long as they don't just DUMP the 3DS(which probably WILL happen)then I'm fine.

I hope it does fix but it is of course dependent if the cartridge was designed with those frame rate issues. If not, I don't see why not it wouldn't fix!

I think it's something like Nintendo going from the DS to DSi, from what I hear, DSi had games that only worked for that console but games were still being released to work on all devices. I never own a DS besides a 3DS so I am not entirely sure.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 11:27:15 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
As I said earlier, it's like the c-stick on the nintendo gamecube, plus we don't know if its comfy yet,the second we all saw the normal 3DS circle pad we shit on it, and the second we got out hands on it, it felt silky smooth, plus if you watch the videos showcasing the C-Stick-Circle-Pad you would realize its sort of....touch, it's not ACTUALLY touch but you don't really PUSH it from what ever saw, you just slide your hand.

No, the C stick from the Gamecube is a stick. That thing on the 3DS is a nubbet and they're passing it off as a stick.

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 12:09:46 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 36 / 5
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
If there was a new DS that can play the same games as a 3DS then I wouldn't buy. I only bought mine for pokemon and a few other games. SO I wouldn't buy a new 3DS if they released one unless I had too in order to play some epic games.

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
If there was a new DS that can play the same games as a 3DS then I wouldn't buy. I only bought mine for pokemon and a few other games. SO I wouldn't buy a new 3DS if they released one unless I had too in order to play some epic games.

Same for me here. Also, can't afford a new console at the moment; even if I sell my old 3DS.
MarineCorps

\\\"New\\\" Nintendo 3DS and \\\"New\\\" Nintendo 3DS XL
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 07:14:29 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
I have mixed feelings about it, Im going to wait until I get one in my hands and actually try it.
Because I seriously wonder how good these "new" graphics are, and if they have the new graphics show up on old 3ds games, or theyll make them to where both 3ds's run them but one displays it better. Basically I want to wait to hear more about it, then hold one in my hands to see if its comfotable, and I I can accept that little nubm as a 2nd pad or not

Post Merge: August 30, 2014, 08:18:05 PM
Ive been looking more into it, and it has alot of nice upgrades, there no denying that (Dont quite like the spot they put the circle pad but whatevs)
But I think itll be very confusing to people, and if it gets realeased in the west they shoudl change the name or somthing.
Because Its almost like a new system altogether, Its more powerful(Dont know how much) but its going to be powerful enough to play Xenoblade chronicles(Open world RPG for those of you that dont know), and with that, who knows what other games itll be able to play. Based on some articles, its gonna be aimed more towards hardcore gamers, now people definitions of what that is is diffrent, But I think it means, that it has advanced controls, so itll be able to play difffrent games that casual gamers dont really play too much, or for people who are actuallly going to need and wish they have those controls.
But what a big issue is, the 3ds makes Nintendo alot of money, a whole lot of money, so not only are they going to come out with a another 3ds,theyre going to make games exclusive for it, one can only hope that they dont screw over the original, because then alot of people will be pissed, though kidsll just cry to there parents for the new one XD. Nintendo: "Thanks for buying the 3DS, 45+ million suckers! Now you gotta buy the new 3DS if you want to play future games on it!" <----- Hopefully it doesnt come to that.
Hopefully they fix up the design but Im considering getting it, But luckily, we westerners have alot of time to decide, and well get more info oct 11, since thats when it comes out in japan then. (I also if that officially means the 3ds is more powerful than a wii XD, though that probaly isnt very hard to do nowdays)
And also, it better be the same price as it is in japan XD 180$ Id buy it. That costs less than both my 3ds'.
(Was the idiot who bought the original when it first cam out at 250$, then bout xl animal crosssing edition for 200$. I regret nothing  8) )

Post Merge: August 30, 2014, 10:02:05 PM

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:02:05 PM by Roxas, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

\\\"New\\\" Nintendo 3DS and \\\"New\\\" Nintendo 3DS XL
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 11:36:12 PM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
I have mixed feelings about it, Im going to wait until I get one in my hands and actually try it.
Because I seriously wonder how good these "new" graphics are, and if they have the new graphics show up on old 3ds games, or theyll make them to where both 3ds's run them but one displays it better. Basically I want to wait to hear more about it, then hold one in my hands to see if its comfotable, and I I can accept that little nubm as a 2nd pad or not

Post Merge: August 30, 2014, 08:18:05 PM
Ive been looking more into it, and it has alot of nice upgrades, there no denying that (Dont quite like the spot they put the circle pad but whatevs)
But I think itll be very confusing to people, and if it gets realeased in the west they shoudl change the name or somthing.
Because Its almost like a new system altogether, Its more powerful(Dont know how much) but its going to be powerful enough to play Xenoblade chronicles(Open world RPG for those of you that dont know), and with that, who knows what other games itll be able to play. Based on some articles, its gonna be aimed more towards hardcore gamers, now people definitions of what that is is diffrent, But I think it means, that it has advanced controls, so itll be able to play difffrent games that casual gamers dont really play too much, or for people who are actuallly going to need and wish they have those controls.
But what a big issue is, the 3ds makes Nintendo alot of money, a whole lot of money, so not only are they going to come out with a another 3ds,theyre going to make games exclusive for it, one can only hope that they dont screw over the original, because then alot of people will be pissed, though kidsll just cry to there parents for the new one XD. Nintendo: "Thanks for buying the 3DS, 45+ million suckers! Now you gotta buy the new 3DS if you want to play future games on it!" <----- Hopefully it doesnt come to that.
Hopefully they fix up the design but Im considering getting it, But luckily, we westerners have alot of time to decide, and well get more info oct 11, since thats when it comes out in japan then. (I also if that officially means the 3ds is more powerful than a wii XD, though that probaly isnt very hard to do nowdays)
And also, it better be the same price as it is in japan XD 180$ Id buy it. That costs less than both my 3ds'.
(Was the idiot who bought the original when it first cam out at 250$, then bout xl animal crosssing edition for 200$. I regret nothing  8) )

Post Merge: August 30, 2014, 10:02:05 PM

I completely agree, as long as they dont make the new 3DS the main new thing and forget the old 3ds, then I'm fine, then again they probably won't, because back in the DS era when they released the DSi they still released games fr the DS, but the release of that new Xenoblade Chronicles port is what scares me the most.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:24 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I think a lot of the hatred toward this in this thread is unreasonable. It's clearly an improvement over the standard 3DS and it's obvious that, while there will be a handful of games exclusive to this version of the system, most games will be available for the regular 3DS anyway. They did the same basic thing with the DSi. This is not unprecedented for a console a full three years into its lifespan, even if it took a while for people to start adopting it. As someone who bought their original 3DS on launch, I don't see much of an issue with effectively upgrading my system to one with better performance, as there is some notable lag on some of the games I play. This actually is a pretty good improvement over the original -- a lot better than the difference between the DS and DSLite when that debuted -- and the system itself isn't too terribly expensive in the first place, at least compared to other electronics.

The c-stick present on the new model is apparently only meant to be for adjust the camera on the games that have a camera which fully rotates. I see some people complaining about the position it's being implemented in, but seriously, did you guys want that clunky peripheral that attaches to the side of your 3DS to give it a new circle pad? Putting a full sized circle pad below the buttons would make it hard to reach and putting it above would make the buttons difficult to reach. The current orientation makes it much easier to switch between the buttons and c-stick than other locations.

No one is forcing you to upgrade to this model if you don't want to, unless you're really that desperate to play a single game that was never going to get a 3DS release in the first place. Odds are good you haven't yet bought a Wii U and would otherwise have to purchase that system in order to play it.

I'll pick up this version of the system when they have it packaged with a game I'm going to purchase anyway. I want something with a nice pattern on it this time around and I know I don't need to upgrade immediately.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:31 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
It should be called - "Super Nintendo 3DS"
JUST FOR TRENDS KK
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 05:13:16 AM »

Offline Kurai

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Weaknesses are for the weak...
What the hell are they trying to do.

Thank you Kaiza!

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 12:55:45 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
I think a lot of the hatred toward this in this thread is unreasonable. It's clearly an improvement over the standard 3DS and it's obvious that, while there will be a handful of games exclusive to this version of the system, most games will be available for the regular 3DS anyway. They did the same basic thing with the DSi. This is not unprecedented for a console a full three years into its lifespan, even if it took a while for people to start adopting it. As someone who bought their original 3DS on launch, I don't see much of an issue with effectively upgrading my system to one with better performance, as there is some notable lag on some of the games I play. This actually is a pretty good improvement over the original -- a lot better than the difference between the DS and DSLite when that debuted -- and the system itself isn't too terribly expensive in the first place, at least compared to other electronics.

The c-stick present on the new model is apparently only meant to be for adjust the camera on the games that have a camera which fully rotates. I see some people complaining about the position it's being implemented in, but seriously, did you guys want that clunky peripheral that attaches to the side of your 3DS to give it a new circle pad? Putting a full sized circle pad below the buttons would make it hard to reach and putting it above would make the buttons difficult to reach. The current orientation makes it much easier to switch between the buttons and c-stick than other locations.

No one is forcing you to upgrade to this model if you don't want to, unless you're really that desperate to play a single game that was never going to get a 3DS release in the first place. Odds are good you haven't yet bought a Wii U and would otherwise have to purchase that system in order to play it.

I'll pick up this version of the system when they have it packaged with a game I'm going to purchase anyway. I want something with a nice pattern on it this time around and I know I don't need to upgrade immediately.
Yeah I agree for the most part, though I stll have misxed feeling about the c-stick,it could be a little bigger and maybe positioned a bit better, but as I said, Im gonna hold my judgement until i have the thing in my hands.

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 03:27:12 AM »

Offline Tempest

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 1
    • View Profile

It should be able to stop the frame rate and lag issues as the processor is better. One notable difference with the regular 3DS and 3DS XL is if the game is digital or physical. I know with some games, it is better to own the digital copy due to loading screens being much faster than the physical version only because it's faster to load games off the SD card. Maybe this might fix this small issue. Only time will tell.

I think I will pick this up mainly because I want to be able to play any exclusive games they might develop in the future and I hate the 3DS battery life.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:28:58 AM by Tempest »
https://pornhub.com

Join PornHub!