• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Yesterday at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Yesterday at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • December 16, 2017, 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • December 16, 2017, 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: Portuguese translation of the game  (Read 2065 times)

Portuguese translation of the game
« on: August 22, 2014, 03:17:40 AM »

Offline habbo154

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Spiritualist
DBOR have many Brazilian fans of your project I was wondering if you can translate the game into Portuguese , please :)

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 04:02:39 AM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money
  • I am a: Human
We will.

We have many Portguese players too.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 06:26:51 AM »

Offline Blestud

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
We will.

We have many Portguese players too.

I don't want to offend my South American Buddies with this question, but by "yes" you mean that you will translate to "Brazilian" Portuguese, "Portugal" Portuguese or both?

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Nintendo ID: AholaR
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I don't want to offend my South American Buddies with this question, but by "yes" you mean that you will translate to "Brazilian" Portuguese, "Portugal" Portuguese or both?
I learned portuguese in Portugal and I think it's the almost the same, there is no need to make both translations, is not like you won't understand it.

Made by Kaiza.

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:27:34 AM »

Offline Blestud

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Hey i don't have nothing against Brazilian Translations, they are more than us, so if its to choose a "Portuguese" translation it should be a "PT-BR" Translation.
(even because Portuguese (from Portugal) people, doesn't really care about playing a game in english, that gives us an excuse to learn it ^^)
I just don't like "Brazilian" translations because they translate everything! even Names, for example, my "Batman Arkham City" on steam the subtitles are in "Brazilian"  and seeing "Coringa" all the time instead of "joker" and "Arlequina" instead of "Harley Quinn" really pisses me of xD

But when you said "We have many Portguese players too." i was thinking about "Portuguese from Portugal" Players, thats why i asked!

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 11:48:38 AM »
    • View Profile
In fact, the PT portuguese is very different from the brazillian portuguese, even the verb conjugation is different, but as a brazillian I think that it's ok to understand. Probably it's easier a brazillian understand the portuguese from Portugal than a portuguese understand the portuguese from Brazil.

Post Merge: September 17, 2014, 12:00:40 PM
Hey i don't have nothing against Brazilian Translations, they are more than us, so if its to choose a "Portuguese" translation it should be a "PT-BR" Translation.
(even because Portuguese (from Portugal) people, doesn't really care about playing a game in english, that gives us an excuse to learn it ^^)
I just don't like "Brazilian" translations because they translate everything! even Names, for example, my "Batman Arkham City" on steam the subtitles are in "Brazilian"  and seeing "Coringa" all the time instead of "joker" and "Arlequina" instead of "Harley Quinn" really pisses me of xD

But when you said "We have many Portguese players too." i was thinking about "Portuguese from Portugal" Players, thats why i asked!

Yeah, we have that thing in some movies, series and cartoons, but our DBZ translate is one of the best. It kept "sayajin" and "namekuseijin" from the japanese, instead of traslate to "sayan" and "namekian" like in the english translate. And the name of Mr. Satan wasn't traslated to Mr. Hercules, like in a lot of translations.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:01:38 PM by SauloPerceval »

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money

Lol. There is only one Portuguese. That is from Portugal.

There is only one Spanish. That is from Spain

There is only one French. That is from France.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 12:57:46 AM »

Offline Blestud

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Not really, I say "Brazilian"  because i'm portuguese (From Portugal), so its more easy to me to understand wich "Portuguese" we are talking about.

But the correct term is "Brazilian Portuguese" or PT-BR (Português do Brasil) and "Portuguese from Portugal" or PT-PT (Português de Portugal)

So oficially you have 2 Types of Portuguese, of course that we say that our "Portugese" is the real one, since the Brazilian Portuguese is one Adaptation of our Portuguese, but still an Official Language.

IN the Portguese (Portugal) Version of Dragonball Mr.Satan was called "Hercules" too, and Piccolo as "Satan heart" "Coraçãozinho de Satã". But i really don't know if it was because we had bad imagination or because our dragonball was Adapted from the French Version!

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 06:54:50 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Lol. There is only one Portuguese. That is from Portugal.

There is only one Spanish. That is from Spain

There is only one French. That is from France.
Is not the same. Spanish changes a lot when you go to different countries, sometimes here in Spain my friends don't understand some words (I'm from Chile).
Not really, I say "Brazilian"  because i'm portuguese (From Portugal), so its more easy to me to understand wich "Portuguese" we are talking about.

But the correct term is "Brazilian Portuguese" or PT-BR (Português do Brasil) and "Portuguese from Portugal" or PT-PT (Português de Portugal)

So oficially you have 2 Types of Portuguese, of course that we say that our "Portugese" is the real one, since the Brazilian Portuguese is one Adaptation of our Portuguese, but still an Official Language.

IN the Portguese (Portugal) Version of Dragonball Mr.Satan was called "Hercules" too, and Piccolo as "Satan heart" "Coraçãozinho de Satã". But i really don't know if it was because we had bad imagination or because our dragonball was Adapted from the French Version!
That happens a lot in spanish, I hate the spanish (Spain) translations of movies/TV shows, at least when I lived in Portugal, almost every movie/TV show had subtitles, which I prefer because you can hear the original voices.

Made by Kaiza.

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 11:57:20 AM »

Offline TbdS

• None
    • View Profile
    • TbdS's Profile!
  • TbdS666

You sir, are a genius!

Couldn't agree more! Especially because Im Portuguese too and I feel offended when I see Portuguese which is Portugal official language misunderstood with Brazilian and added to the games with the random name "Portuguese" lol

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
You sir, are a genius!

Couldn't agree more! Especially because Im Portuguese too and I feel offended when I see Portuguese which is Portugal official language misunderstood with Brazilian and added to the games with the random name "Portuguese" lol
But is still portuguese, and why do you feel offended, is not like they are telling that portuguese from Portugal isn't the original.
PS: I lived in Portugal for six years so I know the difference.

Made by Kaiza.

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 11:33:57 PM »

Offline TbdS

• None
    • View Profile
    • TbdS's Profile!
  • TbdS666
But is still portuguese, and why do you feel offended, is not like they are telling that portuguese from Portugal isn't the original.
PS: I lived in Portugal for six years so I know the difference.
I feel offended because Portuguese is our language! Portuguese from brazil is just an adaptation they made probably because their brain could never understand the real Portuguese so when they add Portuguese to the games they either rename it to PT-BR and PT-PT or they don't add it because there will be always people offended. Portuguese people are prideful people, they don't like when you don't value Portugal over Brazil and if you want to start a war just misunderstand them with Spain lol

In short, Portuguese from Brazil is not Portuguese, it's Brazilian! Portuguese from Portugal is Portuguese indeed.

If you're adding Brazilian to this game don't name it simply Portuguese, name it Portuguese-BR or something.

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 06:48:42 AM »

Offline Blestud

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
I feel offended because Portuguese is our language! Portuguese from brazil is just an adaptation they made probably because their brain could never understand the real Portuguese so when they add Portuguese to the games they either rename it to PT-BR and PT-PT or they don't add it because there will be always people offended. Portuguese people are prideful people, they don't like when you don't value Portugal over Brazil and if you want to start a war just misunderstand them with Spain lol

In short, Portuguese from Brazil is not Portuguese, it's Brazilian! Portuguese from Portugal is Portuguese indeed.

If you're adding Brazilian to this game don't name it simply Portuguese, name it Portuguese-BR or something.

Its not about feeling offended in my opinion, to be honest when i was a kid i saw disney movies like "A espada Era a lei" (the sword in the stone) "Aladin" "Peter Pan" "Branca de Neve" (Snow White) "A bela e o Monstro" (Beauty and the Beast) "A Bela Adormecida" (Sleeping Beauty) in PT-BR and when i was like 13 y/o or something i tried to see it in PT-PT and i just couldn't seen it, it was just to weird.

The only thing that pisses me off is when appears "Brazillian Portuguese" as "Portuguese" it looks like the world thinks that "Brazillian" is the only Portuguese language that exists and the people from Portugal speaks Spannish.

I don't have nothing against put a "Brazillian Portugese" translation on the game, without having a "Portugal Portuguese" one , even because we preffer to listen the real voices, just put "PT-BR" on the translation because Portuguese From Portugal exists, and its the mother of all "Portuguese Adaptations" like "Brazillian Portuguese" , The Portuguese language that they speak in Macau that is kinda different from the real one, "Palop" , etc

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 07:18:56 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Anyone from Brazil would feel extremely offended, that's like telling they weren't smart enough to understand the "real" portuguese, in other words, is telling they are stupid.

That's offends me even if I'm not portuguese, I'm chilean and I would be so offended if a spanish told me that what I spoke all my life wasn't spanish.
PS: How I already said, is not like you can't understand the game.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:20:41 AM by GogetaAR »

Made by Kaiza.

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hacker / cracker : Knowledge is free We are Legion
  • I am a: Grand Chef
You are mixing everything. One. Latin is not Spanish, is Latin Latin-america, called Castilian. 2 The Brazilian is not Portuguese is a variant, because they did it so if embers Brazil in the peninsula of Spain and Portugal, then they would have to speak Portuguese, but having them their country in another continent tubieron to do a variation to differentiate It is like saying that Americans are not Americans XD, the first Americans were the Indians. 3 .by in many languages ​​that made the difference is like saying that the English do not speak good American XD, they are similar but different, so did the language to differentiate them from one continent to another, and in many other languages ​​there and mix That must not be racist, be respected. in america there are also people who mix with English speaking Castilian, is another mixture to differ from one country to another.  :)

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
You are mixing everything. One. Latin is not Spanish, is Latin Latin-america, called Castilian.
What?       .

Made by Kaiza.