[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: If Good MMO Developer bought rights to DBO  (Read 8378 times)

If Good MMO Developer bought rights to DBO
« on: August 16, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »

Offline dualist

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Low-Class
Let me start by saying this is in no, way, shape or form meant to be disrespectful to the team of people working on reviving this game. I greatly appreciate all the work you're doing and I can't wait to play this game again. With that being said, I'm sure we would all rejoice if say Sony or Blizzard decided to take on an MMO project based on the Dragon Universe. In light of the news that Xenoverse will be taking some character designs and story aspects from DBO, I wanted to bring up some ideas I wold like to see in a Dragon Universe MMO game if another one were to be created.

1. Races:

I always thought they should've included more races in DBO. The Dragon Universe is filled with them, but to keep it simple, adding at lease 2 more would've been fine with me. My pick would've been Androids and Freiza's race (not sure what their true name is). Break down of the races below:

Humans: I don't think the story for humans really would need to change at all from DBO. I would prefer if the weapon for the crane's wasn't a fan though, but not a big deal.

Majins: Again, I think the lore for Majins in the game could remain the same. I would like to see different weapon types for them as well, or maybe them not really using weapons and flat out changing their hands into different weapon types? I.E. Majin arm turns in to a hammer for certain attacks? Just a thought.

Namekians: There are a couple changes I would like to see with the Namekian race. Although I don't mind the whole idea of them coming to earth and making a section of it their home, I would love for a game like this to include other planets and therefore have them start on Planet Namek. But again, the original DBO story would be fine as well. However, I do not like the Great Namek transformation one bit. Now that is really just my personal opinion as I just flat out don't like Giant type characters at all (Was never a fan of the great ape was so glad when everyone lost their tails). I don't see any problem with creating a transformation for them. Now I know what people are thinking- But that isn't canon! Right, it's not, but we are doing something to add to the experience of a game. The game does not necessarily have to be cannon. Besides, I don't recall seeing any female majins in the Manga or Anime, but it was something used to expand the story and was necessary for the game. So my thought would possibly for the Namekians to uncover an ancient transformation that was used prior to the original destruction of their planet? The transformation wouldn't alter their appearance much, but maybe it provides a different aura or electricity bolts a la SSJ2? There are plenty ideas to come up with. Obviously, for game purposes, this would not be a permanent transformation.

Androids: They could easily fit in the DBO story line. Bulma, and in essence capsule corp, did end up with the designs for Gero's robots. So maybe some humans decide that their way of fighting Mira is to create Androids for battle. Some humans could even opt to become androids themselves to become more powerful instead of having to train. And since there are two classes for every race, their could be the android types like #17 and #18, or the purely robotic types like #16 and #19. Each type with its advantages and disadvantages. They can either have the Super 17 transformation or the Super Android 13 type of transformation. For game purposes, this would not be a permanent transformation.

Frieza's Race: If they decided to have additional planets in the game, then this race could begin on a fictional home planet. Having two classes for them may be a little tricky, but maybe there could be a Cooler type and a Frieza type. Differences would have to be created for game purposes and I haven't put too much thought into the specifics for this race, but I it could easily be done. Their base state would be Frieza's first form and the transformation would be his 4th and final form. Or they could possibly begin in their 4th forms, the Cooler class being talker than Frieza's would possibly a difference in fighting style, and their transformation would be the 5th form?

I think this game could really be a good console MMO if made by the right developer, but probably be better suited for the PC due to multitude of skills. But I also think the skills could be cut down a little to work for the console. Their are ways, especially with playstation controllers, to access multiple skills different ways. They really wouldn't have to change to much from the original ideas presented in DBO, but maybe a stylistic change would benefit it.

Some additional things I would like to see in game:

The option to have a small cinematic the very first time you transform.

Space pods for planetary travel.

The ability to build houses/bases.

Detailed aerial battles

I know this is a long post, but hey, a Dragon Universe based MMO has been my dream game every since I played my first MMO which was City of Heroes. With all its flaws, I thought DBO was it for me. But when it shut down, I also saw an opportunity for a high quality developer to take on the task. Why it has not happened yet, with such a well recognized franchise, I do not know. But whoever would take on the project could make a ton of money, especially now with attention being back on DBZ with Battle of the Gods and another movie in the works. Anyway, what do yall think?

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Nahh, they won't make another DBZ MMO.
I heard that they thinking of making Naruto MMO and if it be OK, they will make One Piece one.

Still I wish that would happen mate. xD
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:20:15 AM »

Offline Atrimis

• None
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
Let me start by saying this is in no, way, shape or form meant to be disrespectful to the team of people working on reviving this game. I greatly appreciate all the work you're doing and I can't wait to play this game again. With that being said, I'm sure we would all rejoice if say Sony or Blizzard decided to take on an MMO project based on the Dragon Universe. In light of the news that Xenoverse will be taking some character designs and story aspects from DBO, I wanted to bring up some ideas I wold like to see in a Dragon Universe MMO game if another one were to be created.

1. Races:

I always thought they should've included more races in DBO. The Dragon Universe is filled with them, but to keep it simple, adding at lease 2 more would've been fine with me. My pick would've been Androids and Freiza's race (not sure what their true name is). Break down of the races below:

Humans: I don't think the story for humans really would need to change at all from DBO. I would prefer if the weapon for the crane's wasn't a fan though, but not a big deal.

Majins: Again, I think the lore for Majins in the game could remain the same. I would like to see different weapon types for them as well, or maybe them not really using weapons and flat out changing their hands into different weapon types? I.E. Majin arm turns in to a hammer for certain attacks? Just a thought.

Namekians: There are a couple changes I would like to see with the Namekian race. Although I don't mind the whole idea of them coming to earth and making a section of it their home, I would love for a game like this to include other planets and therefore have them start on Planet Namek. But again, the original DBO story would be fine as well. However, I do not like the Great Namek transformation one bit. Now that is really just my personal opinion as I just flat out don't like Giant type characters at all (Was never a fan of the great ape was so glad when everyone lost their tails). I don't see any problem with creating a transformation for them. Now I know what people are thinking- But that isn't canon! Right, it's not, but we are doing something to add to the experience of a game. The game does not necessarily have to be cannon. Besides, I don't recall seeing any female majins in the Manga or Anime, but it was something used to expand the story and was necessary for the game. So my thought would possibly for the Namekians to uncover an ancient transformation that was used prior to the original destruction of their planet? The transformation wouldn't alter their appearance much, but maybe it provides a different aura or electricity bolts a la SSJ2? There are plenty ideas to come up with. Obviously, for game purposes, this would not be a permanent transformation.

Androids: They could easily fit in the DBO story line. Bulma, and in essence capsule corp, did end up with the designs for Gero's robots. So maybe some humans decide that their way of fighting Mira is to create Androids for battle. Some humans could even opt to become androids themselves to become more powerful instead of having to train. And since there are two classes for every race, their could be the android types like #17 and #18, or the purely robotic types like #16 and #19. Each type with its advantages and disadvantages. They can either have the Super 17 transformation or the Super Android 13 type of transformation. For game purposes, this would not be a permanent transformation.

Frieza's Race: If they decided to have additional planets in the game, then this race could begin on a fictional home planet. Having two classes for them may be a little tricky, but maybe there could be a Cooler type and a Frieza type. Differences would have to be created for game purposes and I haven't put too much thought into the specifics for this race, but I it could easily be done. Their base state would be Frieza's first form and the transformation would be his 4th and final form. Or they could possibly begin in their 4th forms, the Cooler class being talker than Frieza's would possibly a difference in fighting style, and their transformation would be the 5th form?

I think this game could really be a good console MMO if made by the right developer, but probably be better suited for the PC due to multitude of skills. But I also think the skills could be cut down a little to work for the console. Their are ways, especially with playstation controllers, to access multiple skills different ways. They really wouldn't have to change to much from the original ideas presented in DBO, but maybe a stylistic change would benefit it.

Some additional things I would like to see in game:

The option to have a small cinematic the very first time you transform.

Space pods for planetary travel.

The ability to build houses/bases.

Detailed aerial battles

I know this is a long post, but hey, a Dragon Universe based MMO has been my dream game every since I played my first MMO which was City of Heroes. With all its flaws, I thought DBO was it for me. But when it shut down, I also saw an opportunity for a high quality developer to take on the task. Why it has not happened yet, with such a well recognized franchise, I do not know. But whoever would take on the project could make a ton of money, especially now with attention being back on DBZ with Battle of the Gods and another movie in the works. Anyway, what do yall think?

If DBOR picks up in popularity, and the developers get more and more skilled at game design, they could easily add in the Androids and Freeza's race. I'd love to see Freeza's people look like his first form, skip those stupid bulkier forms, and go to his doll form. Basically they'd go from scaly to smooth.

They've said aerial battles could be a thing in the future, assuming it's not too difficult to program. As of now they just want a working game back in existence, and will work on other things at a later date. Also most of those other things are also in their plans for "one day" but again, back to my previous point.

Planetary travel won't be needed for a while, because it's frankly a silly thing to have for no reason, especially since the world as it is in DBOR hasn't been fully explored.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 11:42:34 AM »
    • View Profile
I agree with the android race, but not the 'Frieza' race (it would be like giving The Old Republic players the option to play as Yoda's race). As long as the androids don't look human. Cause that would be just lazy, and really you could simply say in a roleplay fashion that your human character is an android, but if the android looked something like this.

then that would be more acceptable.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hacker / cracker : Knowledge is free We are Legion
  • I am a: Grand Chef
draw very good girl all in proportion :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 12:29:25 PM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 19
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
I agree with the android race, but not the 'Frieza' race (it would be like giving The Old Republic players the option to play as Yoda's race). As long as the androids don't look human. Cause that would be just lazy, and really you could simply say in a roleplay fashion that your human character is an android, but if the android looked something like this.

then that would be more acceptable.

Did you draw that?

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 12:49:04 PM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money
  • I am a: Human
This frieza and andriod race is naughtyword annoying.

It doesn't fit in with the story wtf doesn't anyone understand.

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »

Offline Godun

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Discod
  • Big Daddy
This frieza and andriod race is ****ing annoying.

took the words out my mouth

Dreams don't die unless you stop dreaming. Never stop dreaming.

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 01:12:35 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
I thought there wasn't a frieza/cooler/king cold race, as they were all mutants?
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 01:12:43 PM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
  • Honor: 21 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Veteran player since Korean beta
This frieza and andriod race is ****ing annoying.

It doesn't fit in with the story wtf doesn't anyone understand.

He's not talking about DBO... wtf don't you read his post genius lol

In light of the news that Xenoverse will be taking some character designs and story aspects from DBO, I wanted to bring up some ideas I wold like to see in a Dragon Universe MMO game if another one were to be created.

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 01:18:05 PM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money
@Rock Look dickhead, why don't you read.

No it cannot be added to the storyline. I don't care about the Xenoverse or whatever they have plan for it but the DBO storyline is the DBO storyline and the only person who can change it is Akirya or me (Lmfaoooo).

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I thought there wasn't a frieza/cooler/king cold race, as they were all mutants?

The only information we've gotten about this is in interviews a long while after the series ended -- only within the last year or so if memory serves. As a result, that one card battle game in Japan right now (can't remember the name for the love of me) has them as a playable race, though it's been retroactively established by Toriyama that no such race appears to exist.

If you want it to all fit together, you could always say that while Freeza and his family are mutants, they're mutants of a similar looking species that simply have higher battle powers. That's how I've generally taken Freeza's soldiers to be myself.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I will bring about a new age of THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!
  • I am a: Fighter
Weren't andriod classes put into the dbo files but never really added into the game itself if were talking about DBO. But the "Cold Clan" (i call them because all of their names deal with coldness or coolness) there race was never technically explained enough.
"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
~Napoleon Hill

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
  • Honor: 21 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Veteran player since Korean beta
@Rock Look dickhead, why don't you read.

No it cannot be added to the storyline. I don't care about the Xenoverse or whatever they have plan for it but the DBO storyline is the DBO storyline and the only person who can change it is Akirya or me (Lmfaoooo).

I wanted to bring up some ideas I wold like to see in a Dragon Universe MMO game if another one were to be created.
He's not talking about the same DBO brah, relax lmao

Post Merge: August 19, 2014, 01:46:50 PM
Yeah I'm guessing since they were royal, they probably bred apart from the rest of their species, which made them mutants and created a separate race. It looks like in DB Heroes they gave you a mutated Frieza/ Cooler look:

If I had to guess they're probably going to add this to Xenoverse since I can't think of another race they could add besides Android or Saiyan.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:51:01 PM by Rock »

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »

Offline Aeoru

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
that's the best wall of text I've ever read

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »

Offline SkullBank

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 8
    • View Profile
  • The Best Since Day One!
  • I am a: Karma Majin
This idea is note for actual game designers, especially the whole more than one world idea.

By:xSkySaix(RagingSoul)              
                        Join Our Guild
      http://ragingsoulguild4.wix.com/ragingsoul

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Weren't andriod classes put into the dbo files but never really added into the game itself if were talking about DBO. But the "Cold Clan" (i call them because all of their names deal with coldness or coolness) there race was never technically explained enough.

No, you're thinking of the mechanic class that was in the files, but never implemented.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »

Offline SkullBank

• 6 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
No, you're thinking of the mechanic class that was in the files, but never implemented.

To bad those plans fell threw!

Join Our Guild

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 09:26:40 PM »

Offline SonKagu

• Shenron
  • Honor: 46 / 10
    • View Profile
u dream a lot m8 :V . nothing new people made the exact same suggestion happened more than 9000 times . its not gonna happen .its never gonna happen  thats all fanboy stuff  . Then WHY mention such thing if its never gonna happen . and androis ffs those are never gonna happen . Engineer class sure . But  no androids . And its pretty hard deciding a new class . how u can balance it atk and stuff . animations and shit . Theres just too much into it its not easy . and NTL couldnt do shit cuz they got lack of money .

And frieza race . Wait i need to photoshop this

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:29:04 PM by SonKagu »

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 05:23:12 AM »

Offline Atrimis

• None
    • View Profile
u dream a lot m8 :V . nothing new people made the exact same suggestion happened more than 9000 times . its not gonna happen .its never gonna happen  thats all fanboy stuff  . Then WHY mention such thing if its never gonna happen . and androis ffs those are never gonna happen . Engineer class sure . But  no androids . And its pretty hard deciding a new class . how u can balance it atk and stuff . animations and shit . Theres just too much into it its not easy . and NTL couldnt do shit cuz they got lack of money .

And frieza race . Wait i need to photoshop this
(Images cut)

First off, you're not the developer, so you can't say "never" and secondly, why not? Instead of being rude, why don't people actually give constructive reasons why? I do like the idea of more races later, as only having 3 is kind of bland. I think Androids would work well as they fully fit into the whole lore of the universe. I can see how Freeza wouldn't especially with the whole "inbred royalty" thing, but why wouldn't Androids work in this game? When you're dealing with Time Travel, and evil beings hell bent on destruction and taking over the world, cyborgs and robots fit into that perfectly.

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 05:28:47 AM »

Offline SkullBank

• 6 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
First off, you're not the developer, so you can't say "never" and secondly, why not? Instead of being rude, why don't people actually give constructive reasons why? I do like the idea of more races later, as only having 3 is kind of bland. I think Androids would work well as they fully fit into the whole lore of the universe. I can see how Freeza wouldn't especially with the whole "inbred royalty" thing, but why wouldn't Androids work in this game? When you're dealing with Time Travel, and evil beings hell bent on destruction and taking over the world, cyborgs and robots fit into that perfectly.

I can agree with what your saying, I se the possibility of new races being added all needs to be done in the future is pretty in the hard work of balancing them in so no one is to "OP"

Join Our Guild

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 05:53:11 AM »

Offline Silencer

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Be your unique color. I'm being mine.
I can even think of a few skills, buffs, classes, etc.

Some skills- Eye beam, Photon Flash,...

Debuffs- Sadistic Dance,...   

Buffs- Gear lubrication,...

Classes- Internal Generators (The ones that have unlimited energy supplies like #8, #16, #17, and #18) and the Bio-androids (The ones that look like cell and cell juniors.)

Master classes?- Internal generator class: A weapon like Thor's hammer 
                                                         An electro-whip
                       Bio-Androids class: A bow and arrow
                                                  two nunchucks

I mean it's still a work in progress because it still has some holes with the skills and buffs and everything but if you put enough time into it it'll work well.

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 06:34:08 AM »

Offline Mr.Sanchez

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Sanchez the Bloodthisty Warrior
  • I am a: Swordsmaster

Classes- Internal Generators (The ones that have unlimited energy supplies like #8, #16, #17, and #18) and the Bio-androids (The ones that look like cell and cell juniors.)

An electro-whip
                                                  two nunchucks

I mean it's still a work in progress because it still has some holes with the skills and buffs and everything but if you put enough time into it it'll work well.
Nunchucks? Siriosly? I LIKE IT! xD
"I fight to see yet another dawn"-Roxas the Great

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 06:47:47 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I will bring about a new age of THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!

An electro-whip
                                                  two nunchucks

for the bio-andriods class i think that blasters or something like that would fit them
"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
~Napoleon Hill

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 06:55:47 AM »

Offline Kid death

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • the strong will fall and stronger will appear
  • I am a: Majin
Nahh, they won't make another DBZ MMO.
I heard that they thinking of making Naruto MMO and if it be OK, they will make One Piece one.

Still I wish that would happen mate. xD
ive heard rumors of a naruto mmo still havent seen one  :P
 but some of those changes and others seem a little intersting