[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: Transformation Level Up System  (Read 6947 times)

Transformation Level Up System
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:03:16 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Okay first I know we have so many of these, but this will be the last one from me I swear. Also, this is not, I repeat, NOT a "SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJ500" thread. This is just a simple, pimple add on for the transformations.

Basically, the idea was to give the transformations a sort of "level up" system. The basic idea is that when your transformation levels up, its EP drain decreases (or in Great Namek's case its time increases). To level up is to merely activate the skill a certain amount of times. Examples would be 10 times the first time and 20 times the second time. There would be a max of three levels, and at level three the EP drain would be equal to lv. 3 Kaio-Ken. As for Great Namek, its duration would be like...15 or 20 minutes or something. Simple no? You can't spam this because the CD remains the same and its balanced because your stats don't increase: your drain just decreases. It fits the theme of the series too, because the more you use something the more comfortable you get with it and the more experienced you get with it. It's basically like practicing a normal skill.

So...thoughts and comments?

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:06:59 AM »

Offline Kurai

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Weaknesses are for the weak...
I see, but why just for transformations?

This could be added to school but instead of 20 or 40 times it would be 1000 or something

Thank you Kaiza!

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:10:40 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Hmm...didn't think of it that way to be honest.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 07:18:31 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human
I see, but why just for transformations?

This could be added to school but instead of 20 or 40 times it would be 1000 or something
There is no school in dbo.
Good idea.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 07:20:11 AM »

Offline trasfo

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
yep i like your idea

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 07:22:07 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Now the only thing to know is if such a thing can be implemented.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 07:23:14 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
Okay first I know we have so many of these, but this will be the last one from me I swear. Also, this is not, I repeat, NOT a "SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJ500" thread. This is just a simple, pimple add on for the transformations.

Basically, the idea was to give the transformations a sort of "level up" system. The basic idea is that when your transformation levels up, its EP drain decreases (or in Great Namek's case its time increases). To level up is to merely activate the skill a certain amount of times. Examples would be 10 times the first time and 20 times the second time. There would be a max of three levels, and at level three the EP drain would be equal to lv. 3 Kaio-Ken. As for Great Namek, its duration would be like...15 or 20 minutes or something. Simple no? You can't spam this because the CD remains the same and its balanced because your stats don't increase: your drain just decreases. It fits the theme of the series too, because the more you use something the more comfortable you get with it and the more experienced you get with it. It's basically like practicing a normal skill.

So...thoughts and comments?
Didn't you already make this thread in like January?
http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?topic=739.0

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 07:24:46 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Didn't you already make this thread in like January?
http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?topic=739.0
Well...I guess you could say its idea is similar, but toned down to be simple, easy, and effective.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 07:27:27 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
Well...I guess you could say its idea is similar, but toned down to be simple, easy, and effective.
In that case I'll repost my same suggestion.
"Or have a system with continuous DBall wishes that can upgrade transformations. Less CD, longer duration for GN, easy to sustain for humans and majins, no SP usage, stat increases, something to actually do. Ofcourse some  races or classes would have advantages, but that's always going to be the case. That's like complaining that MAs can't tank."

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 07:28:16 AM »

Offline Hiro

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Swordsman
Definitely a good idea! It'd be awesome to see this implemented someday. And no offense to Kurai, but I think 1000 times would be way too many. I don't think it took near that many transformations for Goku and Gohan to be able to hold SSJ permanently (cell games). If you've gone SSJ somewhere around 300-500 times, you should be able to manage it pretty well. That's my opinion anyways.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 07:29:08 AM »

Offline Kurai

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Weaknesses are for the weak...
Definitely a good idea! It'd be awesome to see this implemented someday. And no offense to Kurai, but I think 1000 times would be way too many. I don't think it took near that many transformations for Goku and Gohan to be able to hold SSJ permanently (cell games). If you've gone SSJ somewhere around 300-500 times, you should be able to manage it pretty well. That's my opinion anyways.

No offense taken, but I meant for skills lol  ;D

Thank you Kaiza!

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 07:31:20 AM »

Offline Hiro

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Swordsman
Lol sorry, I suppose I misunderstood you :D

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 07:34:58 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
No offense taken, but I meant for skills lol  ;D
That's where things get too complicated in my opinion.

In that case I'll repost my same suggestion.
"Or have a system with continuous DBall wishes that can upgrade transformations. Less CD, longer duration for GN, easy to sustain for humans and majins, no SP usage, stat increases, something to actually do. Ofcourse some  races or classes would have advantages, but that's always going to be the case. That's like complaining that MAs can't tank."
Er...that's where the unbalance comes in.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 07:52:23 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Dende Priest
I think that it SHOULD NOT increase in level by the amount of times you use it.
For all you know, Vegeta used Super Saiyan for the first time against A19 without much training and it was easy AF for him. Now, the idea is great and all, but make it by SP, for example Super Saiyan should be level 40 1/3, 50 2/3, 60 3/3 or something close to these lines. Such a system can not be implemented, besides it gives the 24/7 nubs more of an advantage lol. But yea, The idea isn't bad but the execution is terrible in my opinion.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 07:56:26 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
What about this: Wait until the Game is Online. Then wait until DBOR reachs lvl 70 cap again and then make suggestions like this (to ssj fanboys: NO SSJ2/3/4 or SSJ478478 etc!)

Since the game will be better balanced we may won't need transformations that much. Or a new System. Besides...i think for the most ppl Transformation was just for fun. Well...except for the Human race cuz some ppl actually used it alot in fights etc. xD

And now to this Suggestion:

I wouldn't touch the Transformations System. It was fine the way it was. The only thing i hated is the 10 mins for GN. Increasing the time to 15 min. would be enough for me. And yea i know GN is op. But Namekians had to use SP to learn the skills for the Transformation and they were really slow xD And decreasing the EP drain would boost Human Mart Arts (SM and Fighter) which already made damn nice dmg without using SSJ (if EQ was good)
Turtle and Crane can remain easier in SSJ because they are spiritual class. Imagine Fighter and SM remaining SSJ like Turtle/Crane...But dunno about that part. No one knows how much the EP drain would be decreased for SM/Fighter with this suggested System.

This Thread brings back a Quote i used back then when someone suggested something for Transformations  ;D

"Never change a running system!!!;)

*click for original size*

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 08:00:32 AM »

Offline 9Tail

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Veteran
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Or instead of number of uses, every 10 lvls you can upgrade it without using sp. so it encourages people to lvl so their tranformation becomes stronger. And it could be lvl1 @40 lvl2 @50 and lvl 3 @60 without one at 70 so people who aren't all they way at 70 won't be at a disadvantage. What you think sapha?

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 08:11:15 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say
blah blah blah balance blah blah bad idea that the only thing your going to get from these people

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 08:19:55 AM »
    • View Profile
Well Adrian On Fire.....

Some ppl actually care about the ingame balancing....We discuss what may is for the Suggestion that is made or against it. Like normal Adults. If you have a problem with it, keep it cuz it's yours.

In my opinion 95% of the suggestions that were made, were just unnecessary. We (the ppl who want a damn nice game) are not like

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 08:23:37 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say
Well Adrian On Fire.....

Some ppl actually care about the ingame balancing....We discuss what may is for the Suggestion that is made or against it. Like normal Adults. If you have a problem with it, keep it cuz it's yours.

In my opinion 95% of the suggestions that were made, were just unnecessary. We (the ppl who want a damn nice game) are not like

What is Ingame balancing?

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 08:30:54 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Dende Priest
Hey Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his stupidity level?
- OVER naughtyword 9000000000000000000

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 08:36:26 AM »
    • View Profile
Ingame Balancing is.....wait....nahhh...forget it...you wouldn't understand it anyways  ;D

Just one thing...It's something very important for every MMORPG  :o

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 08:41:08 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
There is no school in dbo.
Good idea.
@Tomlanji lmao actually isnt there that Orange Star university place in west city but its kinda like blocked off? what if they were really planning on putting a school in DBO xD that would be kinda cool actually o.o
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »

Offline Sagetim

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Well Adrian On Fire.....

hehehehe. Thanks, I needed a laugh.

But on topic: Going on the assumption that an improvement to the transformation system would be put in, I could see at least 5 ways that it could be implemented. Some of those five have already been suggested: have be linked to leveling up (40, 50, 60, 70), have it be linked to making wishes on the dragonballs, have it be linked to how many times the transformation has been used. There's also the potential for: Have it be linked to a rare item that drops off certain enemies, or have it be linked to a timer for how long the character has had the transformation.

So let's go over the pros and cons of each, and anyone who thinks something is missing from a pro or con list, chip in.

1) Have it linked to leveling up
Pro: Everyone gets it, they just have to level up. Someone can predict when and how they will get their boost with regards to their transformation.
Con: This technically favors people who can grind up levels, which means that in addition to being higher level in comparison to someone who can't grind as well, they Also get better at transformations.

2) Link it to wishes on the dragonballs
Pro: Just like getting the transformation to start with, you only need to gather the dragonballs to make another wish to improve that transformation. It makes sense within the cannon established in the setting, if you can wish for super saiyan power, why not be able to wish to be a little more saiyan each time after that?
Con: Now it comes down to who can gather the dragonballs best, which, from what I understand, includes the ability to punk other players of their balls. This means that someone who wants better transforms could, potentially, gang up on other players to grab their dragonballs and improve their transformation in the douchiest way possible, by picking on other players and acting like a bully.

3) Link it to how many times the transformation has been used
Pro: It provides for a predictable time when you can achieve your refined transformation, you can just tally down each time you transform and know when you'll be able to spend less or no ep on your transformation.
Con: This could take foreeeeeeeeever. And a day. If it takes hundreds of transformations, even if you can twink your cooldown to something like 20 minutes, that's still 3 times an hour. That means people who put in maybe two hours a day of playing, a reasonable amount of time to play for casual players, would get maybe 6 transformations...and if they need 600, that's over 3 months of logging in every day and hitting your transform on the spot once it's available. That kind of thing gets old very fast.

4) A Rare Item Drop
Pro: You could potentially hunt down and stockpile them, trade them with other players, sell them at auction, or what have you.
Con: You would need to grind the damn things. If all 3 drop off the same enemy, you might wind up having a bunch of these things you can't use and Have to trade, and then you'll be yelling at trade chat in hopes that someone will trade it with you, maybe even for a fair price. Worse, if they're too rare, then selling them at auction means that anyone who wants a more efficient transformation (so, pretty much everyone) would drive the price up to ridiculous levels.

5) Have it improve as long as the character exists
Pro: Well, it gives you a very easy way of getting your transformation improved, and a very predictable method as well. If you know that your transform will get better a month after you get it, then two months after that, then the final time three months after that, then you know that you want to get your transform as soon as you can, to get that 6 month timer started. Then, if you wander away from the game for a while, no big deal, you're just closer to having a more efficient transformation.
Con: It requires patience, and it will take months if that's what it's set to take for transformations to improve. While other methods allow for you to potentially get your transformation and get it improved to the best of it's ability within the same day, or same week, or so, this one Will take a significant amount of time, no matter how long you play each day.

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 09:30:11 AM »
    • View Profile
I like your idea.

But . . . I would like to see something like a challenge. Considering that the Trunks in DBO can transform into SSJ, when you unlock the transformation he could come with a challenge and, if you pass, you will improve your transformation. Like, he is the teacher to how have better control in SSJ. The same can be with the others races, as Piccolo still alive and the elders Boo's can show how it can be done.

But . . . just my suggestion.

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 09:47:39 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Hey Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his stupidity level?
- OVER ****ING 9000000000000000000
it wont say anything but it surely will blow up ;D