• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Today at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Today at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • Yesterday at 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • Yesterday at 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: Thoughts on Xbox One?  (Read 6210 times)

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« on: January 06, 2014, 04:42:17 PM »

Offline Windorf

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Windorf is alive.
  • I am a: Fighter
Let's not turn this into a hate thread. Let's just talk about why people think the Xbox one is either not so good or an amazing console for the future.

I think both PS4 and Xbox One have made some amazing breakthroughs. I do think Sony has the better hardware. But I think something that Sony lacks and Xbox one really pulls itself ahead with is cloud gaming. It isn't gonna be big now, but I think down the road it will be honed and it will totally change the market of games for Microsoft.

It's kind of obvious they are trying to slowly push this to a PC, but in their own way. I think if they keep what they have now and focus primarily on gaming while still keeping the TV functions and what not up too, then the system will truly shine. Sony did a real good job and keeping it simple. They stuck to their player base. But Microsoft took a shot in the dark with the Xbox One. Things change, i'm pretty sure they get that. But they totally revamped the system for more than just games. That's where they think they should go to reach wider audiences and keep it alive longer.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 04:47:47 PM »

Offline Steven

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sexy Steve
I like how you can tell the xbox to turn on and play games and shit like that. Other than that, I really don't know much about the xbox one.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:54:07 PM »

Offline Windorf

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Windorf is alive.
I like how you can tell the xbox to turn on and play games and shit like that. Other than that, I really don't know much about the xbox one.

That is pretty cool, but it's kinda scary. The xbox is always on, listening to you. I'm not the one that believes the gov't is spying or anything stupid. But if they were it would be perfect.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 04:58:11 PM »

Offline Steven

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Sexy Steve

That is pretty cool, but it's kinda scary. The xbox is always on, listening to you. I'm not the one that believes the gov't is spying or anything stupid. But if they were it would be perfect.

I don't have an xbox one, but if I did, I would not care. What are they gonna listen to, me watching tv? Lol idc about that. It's the video that I don't like. If I had one I would cover up the camera with a blanket or some shit after every time I'm done using the xbox.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 05:04:17 PM »

Offline Windorf

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Windorf is alive.
I don't have an xbox one, but if I did, I would not care. What are they gonna listen to, me watching tv? Lol idc about that. It's the video that I don't like. If I had one I would cover up the camera with a blanket or some shit after every time I'm done using the xbox.

I don't have one now, either. I do plan on getting one for TitanFall(March). There is not really any games I am interested in, also I would like them to work out some of the launch bugs. But the video wouldn't bother me, what are they gonna do, watch me watch tv :P. Honestly I probably wouldn't even use the kinect though, my room is WAY to small to use it and I really would prefer to touch/push the on button. Since I am like 2 feet away from it while on my bed laying down.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 05:05:51 PM »

Offline Rukiryo

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Conductor of the Hype Train
I don't plan on getting a console until I see a lineup of good games for me to play. None look interesting to me right now.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »

Offline Windorf

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Windorf is alive.
I don't plan on getting a console until I see a lineup of good games for me to play. None look interesting to me right now.

That's somewhat of why i'm waiting. I've already decided, however. No need in having an overpriced box until I have a game to play, a game that is worthwhile to me, on it. I was originally waiting for Halo 5 to come out, but Titanfall has got my attention.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »

Offline Steven

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Sexy Steve
I don't see myself ever buying one. If I was going to buy a new console I would go with the ps4. I don't like the xbox controller.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 05:22:13 PM »

Offline Windorf

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Windorf is alive.
I don't see myself ever buying one. If I was going to buy a new console I would go with the ps4. I don't like the xbox controller.

Oh really? What is it you don't like about the controller?

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 05:30:13 PM »

Offline cizzie

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
  • Elite-Class Namek
xbox controller is dumb comfortable, the xbox one is a little funny but 360 has by far the most comfortable controller for dude hands atleast its spacious a smooth texture but i got a xbox one and its not tht hype stay with your ps3 or xbox not worth really moving up in consoles.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
Sun Tzu

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 05:34:40 PM »

Offline Steven

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Sexy Steve

Oh really? What is it you don't like about the controller?

I like how the analog sticks are next to each other on the playstation controllers while the dpad is above the left analog stick. I hate how on the xbox the dpad and the analog stick are opposite.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 05:35:33 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I've already decided that my primary system for this generation of video games is going to be my PC, with a bit 3DS on the side. I might get a Wii U for the purpose of playing the exclusive titles on it. I don't see any point beyond that, since Xbox and Playstation exclusives usually aren't up my alley in the first place.

I will say this, though -- the Xbone had an incredibly inept marketing strategy from the beginning and I'm kind of surprised it turned out as well for Microsoft as it did. You have to remember that when you're not Nintendo, the people you'll mainly be marketing your games toward are gamers. It's a bit like how the audience for cape comics is mostly made up of current comic book readers, only the culture behind video games is a lot more elitist, inclusive, and rude in my experience. You need to know how to market your product without making people flip tables over in rage.

xbox controller is dumb comfortable, the xbox one is a little funny but 360 has by far the most comfortable controller for dude hands atleast its spacious a smooth texture but i got a xbox one and its not tht hype stay with your ps3 or xbox not worth really moving up in consoles.

For dude hands, yeah. For slender, feminine hands like mine? Not so much. I literally cannot fit my fingers around an Xbox 360 controller comfortably. It's probably the main reason why I can't stand playing on those systems. It's too bulky for me.

Not trying to seem like I'm a Social Justice Warrior claiming Xbox controllers are misogynistic instruments of the patriarchy or whatever they say on Tumblr, but it is admittedly annoying that the controllers are clearly made for adult men (I have a friend with literally dinner plate-sized hands who think they're super comfy) instead of making them a bit more user-friendly to women and children -- the latter of which, of course, make up the primary audience of first-person shooters, as anyone who's been on Xbox Live knows.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »

Offline Steven

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Sexy Steve
I've already decided that my primary system for this generation of video games is going to be my PC, with a bit 3DS on the side. I might get a Wii U for the purpose of playing the exclusive titles on it.

This is pretty much the same for me. I'm considering buying a Wii U, but I will probably wait for the new Smash bros. to be released.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »

Offline Windorf

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Windorf is alive.
I've already decided that my primary system for this generation of video games is going to be my PC, with a bit 3DS on the side. I might get a Wii U for the purpose of playing the exclusive titles on it. I don't see any point beyond that, since Xbox and Playstation exclusives usually aren't up my alley in the first place.

That's understandable. There is nothing wrong with PC gaming.

I will say this, though -- the Xbone had an incredibly inept marketing strategy from the beginning and I'm kind of surprised it turned out as well for Microsoft as it did. You have to remember that when you're not Nintendo, the people you'll mainly be marketing your games toward are gamers. It's a bit like how the audience for cape comics is mostly made up of current comic book readers, only the culture behind video games is a lot more elitist, inclusive, and rude in my experience. You need to know how to market your product without making people flip tables over in rage.

Yea, it had a SUPER BAD marketing team. And the whole digital only game thing and online check in just killed them. Many people probably still believe that those things exist. Although, I would have totally opted for digital only games. There was some REALLY awesome features that and again thanks to that shitty marketing no one knew about them. I have a stable internet connection for a majority of the time, which I totally understand that most don't. That clause I didn't think fair. Maybe like once a week connection?

For dude hands, yeah. For slender, feminine hands like mine? Not so much. I literally cannot fit my fingers around an Xbox 360 controller comfortably. It's probably the main reason why I can't stand playing on those systems. It's too bulky for me.

Not trying to seem like I'm a Social Justice Warrior claiming Xbox controllers are misogynistic instruments of the patriarchy or whatever they say on Tumblr, but it is admittedly annoying that the controllers are clearly made for adult men (I have a friend with literally dinner plate-sized hands who think they're super comfy) instead of making them a bit more user-friendly to women and children -- the latter of which, of course, make up the primary audience of first-person shooters, as anyone who's been on Xbox Live knows.

The 360's controllers are huge. That is undisputed. The PS1-3 all had very small controllers. Made for children to adults. While Xbox original had an even bigger controller from the git go. It's not like they just wanted big controllers for the 360. It was a trait that was inherited. But they have gotten smaller each generation. As said one needs a wide hand spread to grip the controller for the 360, but that has changed with the X1. The controller, is as small or maybe a tad bit bigger than the PS3. While still keeping the prime 360 feeling. Now PS4 vs Xbox One, I feel the controller on the One is a lot better. Sony went backwards. Their controller got noticeably bigger. It just doesn't feel like the small controller that i've known.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 04:23:51 PM »

Offline Rapala167

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
i personally have preferred the xbox controllers to the playstation ones due to my double jointed thumbs lol its a lot easier to use for me, i like the fact psn users don't have to pay for their online gaming (but microsoft does give out free games each month on their games for gold scheme) so all in all they both weigh up the same to me

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 11:10:12 AM »
    • View Profile
Xbox One is alright but there are just very few exclusive series that interest me. Killer Instinct is cool but they need to do more with Rare. Conker and Banjo are good series that hasn't been shown any love in recent years

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 11:59:51 PM »

Offline Sensui

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 0
    • View Profile
PC MASTER RACE :3

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 12:51:22 AM »

Offline SonWukong

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
I think im gona wait for a bit longer to decide cause first off all the decent looking games arent even out yet,  it seems xbox one has more exclusive games but i dont have any use for all the extra features that go with it. the PS4 would be better for me cause of: the price, that it's pretty much just for gaming, the size, the look. but saying that its still too close to call for me. i wish sony and microsoft would team up and put microsoft software in to one of sony's designed machine.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 12:53:13 AM »

Offline Nemesis

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 6
    • View Profile
  • "The fans are the biggest reason we do what we do"
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
PC MASTER RACE :3
+9001!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 03:15:36 AM »

Offline Ace

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 1
    • View Profile
  • The Red King
Idk

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 03:30:34 AM »

Offline Tevin

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Saiyan Elite
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I have an ps4 and a Xbox one

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 03:38:00 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Ew Xbox....then again PS4 isnt any better considering how u gotta pay for internet and shit U_U.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 04:31:03 AM »

Offline Griffel

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 14
    • View Profile
  • Griffel > You
  • I am a: Wonder Majin
Xbox One Gey  :'( (damn 20 characters or longer  :'( )
Anything is Possible.

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 04:52:49 AM »

Offline Songo

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • King Songo
Xbox One is great with nba 2k14!

Thoughts on Xbox One?
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 01:08:09 AM »

Offline JDX

• None
    • View Profile
  • Sup
Its a good console but the thing i hate about it, its the kinect too sensitive for some games like dead rising 3 and fifa