[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: Shin-jin playable race  (Read 3824 times)

Shin-jin playable race
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:19:15 PM »
    • View Profile
Perhaps as either a purchasable race or as a unlock reward for completing the story line of DBOR (I suggest the later for balance) to have a playable Shin-jin race would add another unique way of playing through the game.

e.g. having to live under the guise as an earthling in order to experience, understand and study them?

I don't know, you guys can work on the specifics and surprises ;)

They of course would have their own Occupations, Specializations.

It's just an idea, don't bite my head off for suggesting it guys and girls.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:56:25 PM by GoldenSaiyan »

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:24:27 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Yeah no. Though maybe having a tail as an accessory would be awesome...

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 01:28:02 PM »
    • View Profile
Hmmm well this looks quiet homosexual.

Don't you mean "quite"?

Also, think whatever you want if it helps you sleep at night.

Yeah no. Though maybe having a tail as an accessory would be awesome...

Sounds... superficial, but yeah whatever... Although that is not the topic.

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 01:56:03 PM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
DBO already has its own storyline and everything set. DBO wouldnt be DBO if you just up and went and changed the storyline around adding in new races and stuff. I'm not trying to sound mean but this idea gets a no from me sorry.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »
    • View Profile
DBO already has its own storyline and everything set. DBO wouldnt be DBO if you just up and went and changed the storyline around adding in new races and stuff. I'm not trying to sound mean but this idea gets a no from me sorry.

No that's not mean at all, that's realistic. I agree it would be an effort to implement it for sure, it was just an idea. At the moment I'm just looking forward to being able to play the finished product that the team here is putting together :)

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 02:33:31 PM »

Offline SkullBank

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 8
    • View Profile
  • The Best Since Day One!
  • I am a: Karma Majin
yea man we are all looking forward to it too!

By:xSkySaix(RagingSoul)              
                        Join Our Guild
      http://ragingsoulguild4.wix.com/ragingsoul

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
How about no.

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »

Offline Blake

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Not sure what to say so I'll just keep typing
As soon as someone mentions something that would take a lot of effort to implement into the game everyone jumps on the hate train...
I think it sounds like a great idea but, obviously, would take time to make. But that's the whole point in future development people. It's in the future. Meaning a lot longer after the game's release.
Don't be afraid to post your ideas man. No matter how much hate you get...

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 11:27:10 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Why would we need to play as a race that acts as the gods in the DB universe? Every Shin-jin in the series is a god, so we don't need thousands of players playing as freaken gods.

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 11:33:44 PM »

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Just trying to figure out my gender
Why would we need to play as a race that acts as the gods in the DB universe? Every Shin-jin in the series is a god, so we don't need thousands of players playing as freaken gods.
Playing as a God in a game is boring... At least I find it boring... But that may be because I like to pretend to be something I am not while playing games
Am I allowed to be an edgy emo teen girl even though I'm a male adult?

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 11:41:32 PM »

Offline SonGoku

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 1
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul
  • DBOR!!!
  • I am a: Human
Playing as a God in a game is boring... At least I find it boring... But that may be because I like to pretend to be something I am not while playing games
i totally agree with you on that and also there will be a huge imbalance in the game

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 11:57:06 PM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
i think 3 races we got in game are enough and changes like new races are not something that team has time for right now.I think that Releasing new content and giving us more things to explore which means more TMQ's and UD's is something that would give us more fun to the game,and i think that team should focus on these things rather then giving us new race.
-Conclusion New races waste of teams time and effort

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 01:15:42 AM »

Offline Kurai

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Weaknesses are for the weak...
Unnesecary in my opinion

Thank you Kaiza!

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 01:50:41 AM »

Offline Sky

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Ruler of the Divines and ya Step Mom
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
even if they added it i wouldn't play as it then everyone would hop on it so no...and i dont know about you guys but dbo was fine to me i never ran across any bugs maybe i did but never any bad ones, the unbalanced part i didnt even care about i didnt expect it to be perfect :/ imo
A Cool Guy Like Me   Deserves A Cool Sig

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 08:40:21 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Viciouss da Zombie Raver
i will like a lot of races to be implemented...android,nekomajins,shin,god race(bills and beerus),sayan and human/animals then i thnk we will have the very completed db mmorpg...be able create every char in manga/anime
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak
And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Ain't nobody got time for that.
True dat. And I like your sig.

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 12:57:50 PM »

Offline Shinhan

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
sounds cool, and if it was implemented, id recommend it be PURE support. only way you could possibly put a GOD class in game and not have it be too OP. what I would really like to see is like.. a faction system later in the game. like, where u can choose alliances or sumthing. always liked that kinda thing. ( I don't mean guilds, I mean alliances you can do quest for and shit)

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 10:09:13 PM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
I'm wondering if some ppl here are still making suggestions for DBOR, which should be like DBO with just few fixes, better balance and some little changes, or want a whole new game.....

For real now....I'm really thinking about that...
*click for original size*

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 10:13:05 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
I'm wondering if some ppl here are still making suggestions for DBOR, which should be like DBO with just few fixes, better balance and some little changes, or want a whole new game.....

For real now....I'm really thinking about that...
You know I was thinking the same thing.

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 05:09:33 PM »

Offline Sagetim

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
So if Shin-Jin Were a playable race, what role would they play in the game? What about kibito's race, which, as far as I can tell, is not a shin-jin? As it is, Shin isn't really all that strong, all things considered. He also kind of sucks at any kind of combat, and in an mmo where the point is to put your fist solidly into the face of your target and maybe leave a ki-blast surprise for them, that seems like rather a problem.

I think the biggest problem for this suggestion is that Shin-Jin are more like wizards than ki fighters. They have magic items, they have esoteric techniques (like making kachin blocks), and since we only ever really see one or two in action, we don't really have a solid grasp on if what they are doing is an inherent ability or something that they learned (and others could potentially learn). For example, the old man shin-jin that was stuck in the z-sword had the power to unlock the potential of anyone to the utmost, however, we can't be sure if that was something he could do because he was a shin-jin, or if it was because he was fused with an old witch, or if it was something that he came up with after being fused (since fused beings seem to be rather adept at coming up with crazy powers). In that same vein, Shin creates a kachin block, but we also saw piccolo using a clothes beam much earlier in the series, including a sword for gohan to use for survival. This wraps back into it being a problem. If these are things that anyone could learn with the right training, then any of the player races could potentially become a wizard and use their magic powers to make stuff like pants and swords and kachin blocks. But if they are inherent abilities of the shin-jin, then what kind of skills could you actually give their racial classes?

This brings us to a new problem then: If Shin-jin were a playable race, what would their classes be? Every other race has two basic options, and then two more options after that. So what could we have the two options for Shin-Jin be? Wizard and Also Wizard? If we make them something like:
                          Ki Attacker with Buffs
Ki attacker      >
                          Ki Attacker with de-buffs
Well, the ki attacker is going to be pretty similar to something that's already in the game: spiritualist. And as far as I understand it, the majin's have buffing and debuffing pretty well handled. So your end result is a bit redundant, these roles are already kind of covered in the game, and if the shin-jin can do them better than the other races, they make the other races options kind of pointless.

Alternatively, you could give them variations on themes that already exist, like having their classes fill roles that already exist in different ways. I'm not sure how, exactly damage is handled, but if spiritualists are ranged attackers that do energy damage, you could have one of the shin jin classes be a ranged attacker that does physical damage (by creating items to drop on targets).

This is, of course, setting aside the problems of having to create models for the race, customization options, animations for those models, making sure the models can wear the clothes that already exist in the game, and maybe even putting in new outfit bits for the race to have a unique look from other characters.

It's still an interesting idea to consider, even if it wouldn't work out.

Shin-jin playable race
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 05:42:38 PM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
even if they added it i wouldn't play as it then everyone would hop on it so no...and i dont know about you guys but dbo was fine to me i never ran across any bugs maybe i did but never any bad ones, the unbalanced part i didnt even care about i didnt expect it to be perfect :/ imo
Same here actually ive never encountered any bugs except for when my internet had super bad lag which was only one time during a heat wave.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa