* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Today at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Today at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\

Topic: I'd Like to talk about a few Role play elements/better character creation  (Read 4937 times)

• View Profile
    • Shin-Moto's Home page
  • Master of Shin-Moto
  • I am a: Fighter
Ok so this might sound lame to some people, But Role playing is a big part of alot of MMORPG's out there. SO I was wondering if anyone would like to talk about a few things they might want to see in the game to help RP elements. Also I would like to talk about some Character creation that might be cool to see. Like more hairstyles custom Dogis. I know there is the white one that you could buy/put on at lvl 10, but what if you could change its color and pattern. I think that would be cool.

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
i dont know what to say to this
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

Offline Allaris

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The blade is the only way.
Ok so this might sound lame to some people, But Role playing is a big part of alot of MMORPG's out there. SO I was wondering if anyone would like to talk about a few things they might want to see in the game to help RP elements. Also I would like to talk about some Character creation that might be cool to see. Like more hairstyles custom Dogis. I know there is the white one that you could buy/put on at lvl 10, but what if you could change its color and pattern. I think that would be cool.

Regarding the dogis, check out my dogi generator idea. What do you think?

http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?topic=1388.0
The penetrating brilliance of swords, wielded by followers of the Way, strikes at the evil enemy, lurking deep within, their own souls and bodies.

Offline Sky

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Ruler of the Divines and ya Step Mom
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Please Katsume Kegawa-sensei enlighten me on how this "Role-Playing" works
A Cool Guy Like Me   Deserves A Cool Sig

• View Profile
    • Shin-Moto's Home page
  • Master of Shin-Moto
wow people reply fast. But I know i cant be the only one who Rp's with in DBO.  and xskysaix Im sure you know.

Offline Sexy

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 47 / 13
    • View Profile
  • King
I've seen a lot of guilds do RP in other MMO's. Haven't seen one do it in dbo.

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Please Katsume Kegawa-sensei enlighten me on how this "Role-Playing" works

Role player here to explain this mystical practice.

Role playing is the act of essentially pretending to be a character in a game of make-believe. It takes many different forms (I mostly do text-based role playing, which is a complex mess in and of itself), though here specifically we're talking about role playing in a video game. Role-playing games are traditionally designed with this mentality in mind, though it varies a lot from game to game. Basically, you make up a character and act how they would.

I've never done this in an MMORPG, but I'm big into using western RPGs for this purpose. It's the main reason I love Elder Scrolls and Fallout titles so much. The basic principle is the same, but in an MMO, you communicate your character to other role players, so it's a bit more like a traditional, tabletop role playing experience in that communal aspect. Some games, like World of Warcraft, have role-playing servers so as to not break the magic circle by bringing in the uninitiated.

That said, out of all of the role playing communities I've experienced, Dragon Ball's was probably the worst. For many, it's simply a way for them to express a juvenile power fantasy as opposed to a game where the objective is to act like someone you're not. Dragon Ball fanfiction and text-based role playing (which I can go into, but again, extraneous) tends to be rife with Mary Sues and Super Saiyan 5s. An environment where everyone has to be a super strong special snowflake is not conducive to role playing.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Offline Allaris

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The blade is the only way.
Role player here to explain this mystical practice.

Role playing is the act of essentially pretending to be a character in a game of make-believe. It takes many different forms (I mostly do text-based role playing, which is a complex mess in and of itself), though here specifically we're talking about role playing in a video game. Role-playing games are traditionally designed with this mentality in mind, though it varies a lot from game to game. Basically, you make up a character and act how they would.

I've never done this in an MMORPG, but I'm big into using western RPGs for this purpose. It's the main reason I love Elder Scrolls and Fallout titles so much. The basic principle is the same, but in an MMO, you communicate your character to other role players, so it's a bit more like a traditional, tabletop role playing experience in that communal aspect. Some games, like World of Warcraft, have role-playing servers so as to not break the magic circle by bringing in the uninitiated.

That said, out of all of the role playing communities I've experienced, Dragon Ball's was probably the worst. For many, it's simply a way for them to express a juvenile power fantasy as opposed to a game where the objective is to act like someone you're not. Dragon Ball fanfiction and text-based role playing (which I can go into, but again, extraneous) tends to be rife with Mary Sues and Super Saiyan 5s. An environment where everyone has to be a super strong special snowflake is not conducive to role playing.

I can only say I agree (also an rpg fan).
The penetrating brilliance of swords, wielded by followers of the Way, strikes at the evil enemy, lurking deep within, their own souls and bodies.

• View Profile
  • I am a: Dende Priest
I disagree, I'm a big role play fan, I've always been a healer in dbo and that is the role playing in the game is good enough, everyones competes to be the strongest but that's normal within a game

Offline Ren

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Confine, Murcielago!
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Role play is boring as f***

Offline SkullBank

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 8
    • View Profile
  • The Best Since Day One!
  • I am a: Karma Majin
u mean role playing in Sex lol an in a MMO?  :o

JK

By:xSkySaix(RagingSoul)              
                        Join Our Guild
      http://ragingsoulguild4.wix.com/ragingsoul

• View Profile
    • Shin-Moto's Home page
  • Master of Shin-Moto
Scullbank ERP is the act of sexual role play. I find ERP to be gross and kinda weird.

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Role play is boring as f***
Not always, but a lot of times, yes. I like going on my own journey more.  ;D

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Role Play in DBO!
1st. You need friends to agree on this
2nd. RP is good only if you record it and make video about it.
3rd. You make your own story and RP .

Something like this....

IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Role Play in DBO!

Something like this....

Yeah this definitely makes RP more interesting.  ;D
It's like a second Dragon Ball Z lol.

Offline Griffel

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 14
    • View Profile
  • Griffel > You
  • I am a: Wonder Majin
Role Play in DBO!

Something like this....

holy shiit i never seen something so boring in my life
Anything is Possible.

• View Profile
    • Shin-Moto's Home page
  • Master of Shin-Moto
For people who like to go on adventures or making your own story. RP is a good way to do so. I have an RP family. A brother a wife two sons and a father in law. and as of now. We are working on a manga telling our child hood story. And its more of a lite rp when talking in game. But we do plan events time to time. My guild back in dbo was ENGsaiyans. I had planed two events in one. Some evil saiyans attacked and killed my brother. Also that helped my toon turn into a super saiyan rp wise. It was fun and all. it also helped my brother leave the guild  and train . ( to give the feel that he was in the other world training. he also wanted to wear a halo. So we gave him a rp reason to wear it.)

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Role Play in DBO!

Something like this....

That was pretty neat

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

Offline Griffel

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Griffel > You
For people who like to go on adventures or making your own story. RP is a good way to do so. I have an RP family. A brother a wife two sons and a father in law. and as of now. We are working on a manga telling our child hood story. And its more of a lite rp when talking in game. But we do plan events time to time. My guild back in dbo was ENGsaiyans. I had planed two events in one. Some evil saiyans attacked and killed my brother. Also that helped my toon turn into a super saiyan rp wise. It was fun and all. it also helped my brother leave the guild  and train . ( to give the feel that he was in the other world training. he also wanted to wear a halo. So we gave him a rp reason to wear it.)
  naughtyword nerd just naughtyword nerd man your a naughtyword nerd
Anything is Possible.

• View Profile
    • Shin-Moto's Home page
  • Master of Shin-Moto
If role playing makes you a nerd then so be it. I dont care. Its fun for me and the people i play with. So thank you for informing me that I to am a nerd.

Offline Imanix

• None
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • SuperNovaX
Ok, enough of the RP elements, I want to discuss the character creation thing, that's something I would be interested in. I mean, Something like new face shapes (rounded, sharp, square) (English is not my main language, so, sorry if I make  some mistakes)

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
It doesn't make you a nerd. Just ignore him.   :-\ He's on his flame spree again.

Offline Griffel

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Griffel > You
kategawa or whatever what i just read, this shit right here

thats some gay as shit man thats some gay...ass...shit... you just topped the level of gay shit ive read in a while
Anything is Possible.

Offline Candy

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
it's so boring ;/

• View Profile
    • Shin-Moto's Home page
  • Master of Shin-Moto
I agree Imanix. They should have a few dif body types for height. I know fighter is taller then the spiritualist. But could we choose our size. That would be cool.