[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: Marvel Spiderman  (Read 9483 times)

Marvel Spiderman
« on: May 11, 2014, 02:33:42 AM »

Offline Shinozaki

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The Myth is What Starts The Legend.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Spiderman has been my favorite Marvel Character and throughout years he has changed and so has his costume. Which one or ones are your favorite. Make sure to add a picture  ;)  ;D

My two favorites are future foundation and ultimate comics. They both have cool costumes and nice stories.

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 02:54:22 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
Didnt peter Die in the comics tho?
Heres my favorite
Spoiler for Hidden:
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 03:05:55 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
The costume didn't really change, spiderman several different universes, which gives the new suit.

Ultimate, Spectacular, and Amazing pretty much have the same, but all the others have some kind of difference.

Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 03:09:57 AM »

Offline Shiro

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse Dbo
  • ♫Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats♫
  • I am a: Karma Majin
Finally! Somebody that likes Spiderman as much as me. ^.^

Post Merge: May 11, 2014, 03:14:26 AM
This is my favorite:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:26:26 AM by AlexMix »
Typocalypse Guild Master

To Join, Click Here: Typocalypse
ϟNo matter what, never give up!ϟ

My youtube channel  Typo youtube channel  Osu! Head Shot <3

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 03:16:04 AM »

Offline Shinozaki

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The Myth is What Starts The Legend.
The costume didn't really change, spiderman several different universes, which gives the new suit.

Ultimate, Spectacular, and Amazing pretty much have the same, but all the others have some kind of difference.

They all still have cool costumes, btw which 1 or 1's is your favorite bro?  ;D

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 04:13:10 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Everyone should like spiderman.

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 06:59:34 AM »

Offline SSGokug

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The only Kirito x Sinon shipper on the forums
Spectacular is my fave

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 09:08:46 AM »

Offline Kiretto

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 0
    • View Profile
  • It's not a tumor.
I love Spidey.
I don't understand why they called the movies The Amazing Spiderman, but then used villains from Ultimate.

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 09:25:33 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Akatsuki Member
I love Spidey.
I don't understand why they called the movies The Amazing Spiderman, but then used villains from Ultimate.

It's a reboot from the other Spider-man series. Also The Amazing Spiderman was a comic I believe.

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 10:38:59 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Spiderman has been my favorite Marvel Character and throughout years he has changed and so has his costume. Which one or ones are your favorite. Make sure to add a picture  ;)  ;D

My two favorites are future foundation and ultimate comics. They both have cool costumes and nice stories.

I hate to say this, but I'm just not a big Spider-fan. My taste in superhero comics tends to be a bit more... exotic I guess and most of the characters I fall back on are obscure or not especially popular, like the one in my signature and avatar. I do enjoy a lot of his older comics, though. No, not '90s stories -- I'm talking about the 1960s and 1970s. My favorite costume is his classic one, from his first appearances.

It looks, really, really similar to most of his modern costume designs, but with a minor detail that most seem to miss -- the bit of webbing underneath of his arms. Oh, and there's one more thing that most don't realize, though it has quite a bit of significance to comic fans. The art in his first cover appearance wasn't done by Steve Ditko, like the issue itself and the 33 that followed in his self-titled comic. It was drawn by Marvel's premier artist Jack Kirby, the guy who was a large part of the driving force of what made Marvel comics so popular. He's probably just as important to the company's success as Stan Lee, if not more so, but I don't think most people realize that. Ditko himself was quite the artist, though I think his talent really shined the most in issues of Strange Tales involving Doctor Strange.

But hey, since we're on the subject, I figured I'd mention Spider-man's original original character design, drawn by Jack Kirby when the character was still just an idea.

As much as I love -- and I do mean L-O-V-E love -- Jack Kirby's art and could go on for paragraphs about why it's good and why he was so influential to comics on the whole, I have to admit this design is shit. It's essentially a rehash of the Golden Age Blue Beetle's design (which he was the artist on, but still) and overall isn't nearly as elegant as Ditko's redesign. Still, the more you know, eh?

Didnt peter Die in the comics tho?

Yeah, but it's not like people who die in superhero comics (the Big Two at least, Image, Valiant, and so on are exempt) stay dead. You're pretty much guaranteed to come back to life, even if you're a C-lister. Y'see, it's a trend that probably started with the ever-infamous "Death of Superman" story (which you can find an edutaining video on here), where the Man of Steel "dies" and comes back a few months later via... well, naughtyword. Ever since then, all bets have been off as to what Marvel/DC character will come back to life next, and even characters everyone thought would stay dead -- like Bucky and Jason Todd (Robin) -- have been brought back. Even Captain Mar-Vell, who died of freaking cancer in a comic that makes grown men cry, has sort-of-kind-of been brought back to life.

I think the only superhero who remains immune to this sort of thing is Boston Brand, and if you want to know why, I should mention that he's better known as his alter-ego Deadman. The only other notable undead superhero (and by notable I mean, I wouldn't have to dig through the comic book fossil record to recover something obscure from the 1940s) is Jim Corrigan -- the Spectre -- and he's actually been brought back to life on two different occasions, both through divine intervention. There are a few other candidates, like Gentleman Ghost, but they're all villains or not really superheroes.

Anyway, Peter Parker's back now, so life resumes as usual. Kind of. It's complicated and it's probably better to read the comic.

Heres my favorite
Spoiler for Hidden:

That's not Peter Parker, though -- that's Miguel O'Hara, from Spider-man 2099, which... well, it takes place in the year 2099. Marvel had a short sub-line of comics about that during the 1990s. I don't really like Miggy's costume myself (it reeks of '90s character designs, most of which were awful), but I don't hate it. I might have if it was for Peter Parker...

The costume has changed, though, quite a few times. I think the best known ones are the black suit (the one with the Symbiote bound to him) and the more recent Future Foundation costume. He joins a sort of off-shoot of the Fantastic Four because he's been something of a family friend since way back when -- he tried to join the team when both were just starting out. By that I mean, way back when they both had only had few issues a piece during the 1960s, so it was a pretty logical leap. Must have been nice to stop having to sew your own costume and have some unstable molecules for a change.

Also The Amazing Spiderman was a comic I believe.

The Amazing Spider-man was the Spider-man comic. The original run. I'd wager it was probably used as his tagline as an homage to Amazing Fantasy, the comic he debuted in. Still, most other superheroes from Marvel at the time had some sort of tagline associated with them, like The Incredible Hulk and the Invincible Iron Man.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 36 / 5
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
Spider-Man is awesome.

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 11:35:23 AM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Spider-Man is awesome.
+1 One of my favorite Super Heroes. Hulk, Spider-Man, Iron-man, Wolverine, and Batman are my favorites and I think they should have their own Avengers or Justice League.  ;D

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 12:54:48 PM »

Offline Kaiza

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • A lesson without pain is meaningless.
+1 One of my favorite Super Heroes. Hulk, Spider-Man, Iron-man, Wolverine, and Batman are my favorites and I think they should have their own Avengers or Justice League.  ;D

But Batman is DC...

Spiderman is pretty awesome. I actually know quite a few people who grew up with Spiderman as their 'friendly neighbourhood' comic superhero. But then their hopes/dreams were crushed with the original Spiderman trilogy...the one made by disney (I think).

The new movies with the title "The Amazing Spiderman" were pretty solid though so I think they're trying to patch up what disney did wrong.
Peace is nothing but the result of war
Need a Sig? Follow me on DeviantArt here: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 01:09:30 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
But Batman is DC...

Spiderman is pretty awesome. I actually know quite a few people who grew up with Spiderman as their 'friendly neighbourhood' comic superhero. But then their hopes/dreams were crushed with the original Spiderman trilogy...the one made by disney (I think).

The new movies with the title "The Amazing Spiderman" were pretty solid though so I think they're trying to patch up what disney did wrong.

Um, the original trilogy was from FOX (and seriously, why the hate on it? I thought they were good, even if the 3rd one was a bit campy).

The "Amazing Spiderman" is from Disney, and they re-did it out of legal issues if memory serves.

Seriously, why the hate on the original trilogy?

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
But Batman is DC...

I know that, but just think about it without the classification of Marvel and DC

Post Merge: May 11, 2014, 02:41:31 PM
Um, the original trilogy was from FOX (and seriously, why the hate on it? I thought they were good, even if the 3rd one was a bit campy).

The "Amazing Spiderman" is from Disney, and they re-did it out of legal issues if memory serves.

In my opinion I say the original trilogy was better but the last one was not as good as the other two  :-\
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:41:31 PM by SSJGGoku, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 02:42:01 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
They had Marvel vs. Capcom, right?
Then there was (though I think everyone would like to forget it) DC vs. Mortal Kombat or whatever it was called.

Frankly, I'd love to see a Marvel vs. DC.
Or a Marvel X DC.
Or whatever.

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 02:45:47 PM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Then there was (though I think everyone would like to forget it) DC vs. Mortal Kombat or whatever it was called.

Or a Marvel X DC.
Or whatever.
I wouldn't mind seeing that either   ;)

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 02:48:45 PM »

Offline 9Tail

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Veteran
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Wasn't that injustice? Or was that just dc or what do you mean?

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 03:18:32 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Wasn't that injustice? Or was that just dc or what do you mean?

Lol. Nope...
There's an actual game called "Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe."

Seriously. Google it.

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 05:46:30 PM »

Offline Kiretto

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 0
    • View Profile
  • It's not a tumor.

It's a reboot from the other Spider-man series. Also The Amazing Spiderman was a comic I believe.

You didn't really understand my comment.
I know it's a reboot, I just don't like the fact they called it "Amazing"(as in Original), but then used villains from the Ultimate universe and changed the story.
Not bad movies though.

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 05:50:52 PM »

Offline Kaiza

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • A lesson without pain is meaningless.

Ahh I see. Looks like I got the two mixed up. Ehh I never said I hated the original trilogy only that I know people who wish it never existed.

I can only assume they don't like it because of what's-his-face playing spiderman. I know my cousin always complains about him and how he makes a good peter parker but not a good spiderman.
Peace is nothing but the result of war
Need a Sig? Follow me on DeviantArt here: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 01:42:56 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus

But Batman is DC...

While it's true that an inter-company superhero team is essentially impossible today, here's a fun bit of trivia for you. The first and best superhero team, the Justice Society of America, was also the first inter-company crossover.

Spoiler for JSA:

The team was actually created as an anthology series for superheroes that were B-listers even at the time, unable to support their own comics, like Superman had. (up until him, that was the norm at the time, though) Some of the characters were owned by National Comics, others by All-American comics, though the two would later merge in to the DC Comics we know now. Today, the original JSA has been obscured by the ages and a lot of continuity issues, though I think some people here may be able to name a few of them.

The original trilogy was done by Sony, and the current one is also made by Sony. The reason it's being made in the first place probably has more to do with not wanting to lose the rights to Marvel Studios, which is under Disney. They're not patching it up so much as just making more Spider-man movies.

Not Fox, Sony. Marvel sold off a lot of their film rights before Marvel Studios was a thing, which is why a lot of their characters are divided up between companies. Some, like Daredevil and Ghost Rider, have reverted to Marvel, but the X-men and Fantastic Four (and by extension, the Silver Surfer) belong to Fox while Spidey is with Columbia Pictures, a part of Sony.

Or a Marvel X DC.
Or whatever.

There have actually been a number of inter-company crossovers between the two over the years. These days, Marvel and DC don't get along nearly as well as they used to, but back during the 1990s, they published a "Marvel Vs DC" crossover, as well as a few others. I own a few of them -- the Silver Surfer/Green Lantern one was really, really good, and I'd wager it probably had something to do with the writer, Ron Marz, having worked on both comics. We probably won't see crossovers like that in the near future, though. Marvel and DC seem to hate each other more than they love money these days.

You didn't really understand my comment.
I know it's a reboot, I just don't like the fact they called it "Amazing"(as in Original), but then used villains from the Ultimate universe and changed the story.
Not bad movies though.

Both film series take aspects from the Ultimate Universe and main (Earth-616) universe. Spider-man shooting webs out of his body? That's more of an Ultimate thing, actually. Gwen Stacy dying? Earth-616. The Electro they have? He doesn't line up with the Electro of either universe. It's all relative, really. Both film series have kind of done their own thing.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 03:36:30 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
Holy mother of god....Kiyza i swear your the queen of type Land. (That was so corny im not gonna even begin on how corny it was).
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 07:06:32 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Kiyza, wow. Just wow.

I think you might actually more about this stuff than Shads.
And he knows way more than he should about this stuff (especially since I've never actually seen a Marvel or DC comic book in his house).

Well done.

Marvel Spiderman
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 09:21:07 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Holy mother of god....Kiyza i swear your the queen of type Land. (That was so corny im not gonna even begin on how corny it was).

I'm tired of getting these sorts of comments. No offense, of course, but if you're going to comment on my long-winded posts, at least contribute a bit to the thread, y'know?

Kiyza, wow. Just wow.

I think you might actually more about this stuff than Shads.
And he knows way more than he should about this stuff (especially since I've never actually seen a Marvel or DC comic book in his house).

Well done.

Well, it's not like comics = Marvel and DC. There are loads of great independent comics out there and business hasn't been better for them in a while. The Walking Dead, Hellboy, Judge Dredd... all excellent titles not published by either company, and I'd recommend picking up something in that vein if you're interested in comics in general.

Just for reference's sake, though, my room is completely riddled with comics -- even a few books about their history as a medium. Here's an image of my trade paperback/graphic novel collection for reference's sake. We'd be here a while if I had to pull out all of my single issues and take pictures.

Spoiler for Comic Collection:

The exact titles are a bit difficult to make out other than the larger trades, unfortunately, and the angle makes it difficult to tell just how much Silver Surfer stuff is buried in there.