:uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:45:59 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:40 PM
    Sorry. Mourning makes me stupid. and I apologize for spamming the shoutbox. XD
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:08 PM
    I POSTED A DIFFERENT LINK LIKE AN IDIOT. HERE'S THE REAL ONE. [link]

Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh Manga  (Read 4107 times)

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« on: April 08, 2014, 11:53:02 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 36 / 5
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
If anyone has read the Yuigoh manga how epic is it? It's completely different then the t.v show.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:03:23 AM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
  • Honor: 38 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Dont stop, doing what you're doing
  • I am a: Grand Chef
How much seasons does yu-gi-oh have? As kid i've watched season from your signature and GX and these were freaking awesome, i dont think manga can be good as anime in these 2 seasons.But later i saw some yugioh series on bikes fighting with cards, i was like : Wut in da crap iz dis, dayum

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:05:05 AM »

Offline Apollo

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 33 / 0
    • View Profile
    • Apollo DBO
  • There's no such thing as useless effort
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Manga is usually better than the anime version, just read Rosario + Vampire, Pokemon Adventure, Elfen Lied, even Shingeki No Kyojin manga is better than the T.V Show IMO.

About Yu Gi Oh, i just watched the anime, i like only the first season, after that (R, GX,5d's,Zexal) the series went down IMO.
Youtube Channel: Playing MGSV and Overwatch
Dragon Ball Xenoverse PS3 North America Champion:Razor16574 (A.K.A Sheridan)

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:12:50 AM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Manga is usually better than the anime version, just read Rosario + Vampire, Pokemon Adventure, Elfen Lied, even Shingeki No Kyojin manga is better than the T.V Show IMO.

About Yu Gi Oh, i just watched the anime, i like only the first season, after that (R, GX,5d's,Zexal) the series went down IMO.

All these are yugioh series? lol i think i will check one episode from the latest series for good laugh, maybe they fight using spaceships, who knows.
I think they should also make new series called Yu-gi-oh : TheD.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 05:40:58 AM »

Offline Nemesis

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 6
    • View Profile
  • "The fans are the biggest reason we do what we do"
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
I've always seen the anime. The manga is not've never heard of.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 09:29:14 AM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
Well the Yugioh manga is so much better then the anime, it's funny since Yugi kills people lol and is always having shadow games.

Post Merge: April 09, 2014, 09:30:29 AM
How much seasons does yu-gi-oh have? As kid i've watched season from your signature and GX and these were freaking awesome, i dont think manga can be good as anime in these 2 seasons.But later i saw some yugioh series on bikes fighting with cards, i was like : Wut in da crap iz dis, dayum

Yeah I hate the gx and all the new stuff, the old is always the best mainly up to battle city.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 03:50:56 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Well the Yugioh manga is so much better then the anime, it's funny since Yugi kills people lol and is always having shadow games.

Post Merge: April 09, 2014, 09:30:29 AM
Yeah I hate the gx and all the new stuff, the old is always the best mainly up to battle city.

so it's dark as naughtyword?
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 06:46:02 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
so it's dark as ****?

Yeah that summarizes it, he is opposite from the anime.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 06:52:24 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
I feel like it'd be an awesome read, I'll just finish the HDXD Light Novels, and i'll pick that up.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 07:43:43 PM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Well, all of you should try DevPro, it is YU-GI-OH simulator.
It is epic, just problem is that most of people using Synchros  and XYZ, that is 5d's and zexal monsters. I love this since it online and strategy game.
Beat mind of opponent and you win the game xD
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
Well, all of you should try DevPro, it is YU-GI-OH simulator.
It is epic, just problem is that most of people using Synchros  and XYZ, that is 5d's and zexal monsters. I love this since it online and strategy game.
Beat mind of opponent and you win the game xD

Yeah it is awesome but as you said people use the 5ds crap and synchros :/ op :D

Post Merge: April 09, 2014, 09:48:01 PM
Did you guy know about Yugioh season 0? Well just 4 kids never dubbed it and so we never got to have a English version but.... check this out.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:48:01 PM by Vroku, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 09:59:48 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
I definitely prefer the manga over the anime. They don't freaken censor Dark Magician Girl. XD

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 10:58:20 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
I definitely prefer the manga over the anime. They don't freaken censor Dark Magician Girl. XD

OH?! OH?!
Dark, Uncensored, and CARDS, it's time to DDDDuel.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 11:20:54 PM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
    • View Profile
as a kid i was obssesed to summon exodia when i played against my friends, it never worked out though D: (exodia summon=end game)

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!

lol I forgot about that.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian

I found this one day while checking my tags on Tumblr and it frightens me a bit how much it's true. The early Yu-Gi-Oh! chapters play out a lot like Spectre issues -- otherwise pretty normal guy's superpowered alter-ego ironically punishes people in gruesome ways -- only with a lot more... catharsis in Yu-Gi-Oh!'s case. That's the best way to describe those early issues. They feel exactly like what a really messed up kid would want to do his bullies at school. I wouldn't say they're horror, but they're somewhat deranged, especially considering what we associate Yu-Gi-Oh! with in the west. Not that the writer's insane or anything, but it feels like a childish story of revenge taken too far.

Now, for what it's worth, that doesn't mean I don't like it. Up until children's card games, Yu-Gi-Oh! was a pretty good shounen series -- a good mold-breaker because of how bizarre it was and generally well-written. Most of shounen manga -- or at least the really popular stuff -- is action series. They sell the best when collected and transition well internationally because of their somewhat simplistic nature. You get a few really weird things here and there -- like the current JUMP series Assassination Classroom -- and I appreciate those quite a bit for doing what they do. I'd recommend it to most people who enjoy typical shounen series and aren't squeamish about arguable torture. It's easy to pick up since it's a common find online and in book stores. Manga's always pennies on the dollar, after all.

so it's dark as ****?

Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't dark as naughtyword. It's not like, say, Monster, Berserk. Death Note is comparable in terms of violence and themes, but not overall tone, as Death Note is more self-aware of the moral ambiguity of characters' actions. The chart above (specifically, the character during the '40s and '70s) might be the most valid comparison I've seen, even though it's comparing a Japanese comic to a much older American one.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Compared to the light hearted friendship is magic, rivary is stronger then friendship of the anime.

It's dark as ****
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:12:12 PM by Luke[Dumke] »

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!

I found this one day while checking my tags on Tumblr and it frightens me a bit how much it's true. The early Yu-Gi-Oh! chapters play out a lot like Spectre issues -- otherwise pretty normal guy's superpowered alter-ego ironically punishes people in gruesome ways -- only with a lot more... catharsis in Yu-Gi-Oh!'s case. That's the best way to describe those early issues. They feel exactly like what a really messed up kid would want to do his bullies at school. I wouldn't say they're horror, but they're somewhat deranged, especially considering what we associate Yu-Gi-Oh! with in the west. Not that the writer's insane or anything, but it feels like a childish story of revenge taken too far.

Now, for what it's worth, that doesn't mean I don't like it. Up until children's card games, Yu-Gi-Oh! was a pretty good shounen series -- a good mold-breaker because of how bizarre it was and generally well-written. Most of shounen manga -- or at least the really popular stuff -- is action series. They sell the best when collected and transition well internationally because of their somewhat simplistic nature. You get a few really weird things here and there -- like the current JUMP series Assassination Classroom -- and I appreciate those quite a bit for doing what they do. I'd recommend it to most people who enjoy typical shounen series and aren't squeamish about arguable torture. It's easy to pick up since it's a common find online and in book stores. Manga's always pennies on the dollar, after all.

Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't dark as ****. It's not like, say, Monster, Berserk. Death Note is comparable in terms of violence and themes, but not overall tone, as Death Note is more self-aware of the moral ambiguity of characters' actions. The chart above (specifically, the character during the '40s and '70s) might be the most valid comparison I've seen, even though it's comparing a Japanese comic to a much older American one.

We are referring the manga towards the anime, it is dark. The card games is what makes Yu-Gi-Oh unique, some things you say/someone else are inaccurate. It's funny, its evil and easy to read. It's probably one of the best mangas out there. They obviously have some sort of hatred in Yu-Gi-Oh
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:51:43 PM by Vroku »

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 01:51:16 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Compared to the light hearted friendship is magic, rivary is stronger then friendship of the anime.

It's dark as ****

That is true. I think most of its shock factor does come from that, though the friendship aspects are still intact in many ways and it remains the main theme of the manga.

We are referring the manga towards the anime, it is dark. The card games is what makes Yu-Gi-Oh unique, some things you say/someone else are inaccurate. It's funny, its evil and easy to read. It's probably one of the best mangas out there. They obviously have some sort of hatred in Yu-Gi-Oh

Did you miss the part where I said that I read this and liked it? The fact that I'm literally comparing it to one of my favorite comic book characters should tip you off. It was a pretty good read and not what I was expecting. It's just not a favorite of mine, nor is it one of the best I've read. I also have different standards for what I consider "dark". Beneath all of the gruesome punishments, Yu-Gi-Oh! is still a shounen series and it is still about friendship. It's not something that utterly sucks the life out of you, like the game Silent Hill or novel Nineteen Eighty-four, so it's not that dark. It's just dark compared to how the series was presented in America.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 07:05:28 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
That is true. I think most of its shock factor does come from that, though the friendship aspects are still intact in many ways and it remains the main theme of the manga.

Did you miss the part where I said that I read this and liked it? The fact that I'm literally comparing it to one of my favorite comic book characters should tip you off. It was a pretty good read and not what I was expecting. It's just not a favorite of mine, nor is it one of the best I've read. I also have different standards for what I consider "dark". Beneath all of the gruesome punishments, Yu-Gi-Oh! is still a shounen series and it is still about friendship. It's not something that utterly sucks the life out of you, like the game Silent Hill or novel Nineteen Eighty-four, so it's not that dark. It's just dark compared to how the series was presented in America.

:| I read that, that was why i said you/someone else just in case. Each person has a different opinion I cant change that, at least you enjoyed it though  8)

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 10:08:06 PM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
    • View Profile
anyone remember name of this card(char) i think there was male version too, idk why i remember her D:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:01:26 AM by Chadek »

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 10:38:04 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Ay, I just finished the manga on mangafox.com

All 59 Chapters, but Myanimelist.net says there is like 360 chapters.

is there another under a different name?

So far i like it a fair bit, bit cheesy, but none the less it's pretty awesome.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 05:35:16 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
Ay, I just finished the manga on mangafox.com

All 59 Chapters, but Myanimelist.net says there is like 360 chapters.

is there another under a different name?

So far i like it a fair bit, bit cheesy, but none the less it's pretty awesome.

Good reading, so you up to the duel in duelist kingdom. You can read it here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/yu_gi_oh_duelist/v07/c060/

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 05:42:40 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Ah, so it did go for another name, thanks.

Yu-Gi-Oh Manga
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 11:07:15 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
Ah, so it did go for another name, thanks.

Np, enjoy.