nooooo Luke i was joking about the NC-17 link xD
  • October 14, 2017, 12:13:57 PM
    :)) :))
  • October 14, 2017, 07:41:40 AM
    DBhORor
  • October 11, 2017, 09:41:15 PM
    [link]
  • October 11, 2017, 09:21:31 AM
    That moment when I should be studying but I try to get distracted by anything and come check the forums :v
  • October 11, 2017, 09:19:03 AM
    wut
  • October 11, 2017, 08:32:20 AM
    happyyy late birthday lukee
  • October 11, 2017, 07:13:32 AM
    happy belated
  • October 11, 2017, 02:15:37 AM
    Happy Birthday  :hype:
  • October 10, 2017, 03:03:11 AM
    Happy B.Day Luke  :hbd:
  • October 10, 2017, 02:44:58 AM
    :popo:
  • October 10, 2017, 12:48:33 AM
    :hbd: :hbd:
  • October 09, 2017, 01:28:05 PM
    :8000:
  • October 09, 2017, 08:07:55 AM
    BoOoOOoO
  • October 09, 2017, 08:07:42 AM
    halllloooowweeeenn
  • October 09, 2017, 07:53:02 AM
    Ladies and Gentlemen: Ray Ray. [link] p.s: if you haven't seen the movie yet, go and do it. ofc you watch the first movie then the second one. it's actually nice^^
  • October 09, 2017, 07:51:34 AM
  • October 08, 2017, 04:06:36 AM
    ahh f*ck...forgot... [link]
  • October 08, 2017, 04:06:23 AM
    *sees spooky theme* ... ---> [youtube]Xvjnoagk6GU[/youtube]
  • October 08, 2017, 02:08:04 AM
    Dragon Ball Online Revelations: Spooky Edition
  • October 07, 2017, 05:35:01 AM
    It's Spoonbob
  • October 07, 2017, 04:46:13 AM
    who dat weirdo, monkey?
  • October 06, 2017, 08:51:22 PM
    with a lot of fantasy it is out [link]
  • October 06, 2017, 10:00:37 AM
    Is this game still not out?
  • October 06, 2017, 08:45:53 AM
  • October 04, 2017, 07:55:17 AM
    D=
  • October 04, 2017, 07:26:48 AM
    D:

Topic: Retro Games  (Read 2052 times)

Retro Games
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:38:54 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Lately I've getting back into the groove with video games a bit and I'm playing through a lot of the older titles I've had for a while -- be it in one form or another -- but never got around to beating. I've always been a bit of a stickler for old video games. Growing up with a Nintendo 64 meant that the neighbor's old NES was a novelty, and I think it's still that way for me.

What are some old video games that you've enjoyed? Let's say games before the fifth console generation, so anything SNES/Genesis era and older. PC games from the same general time period (Doom, Myst, and so on) are also welcome.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Retro Games
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 05:12:31 AM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
  • Honor: 38 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Dont stop, doing what you're doing
  • I am a: Grand Chef
i dont know if this count but Heroes Might and Magic 3 is probably the best game ever

played it with my bro like 4 years ago on crap PC, turn by turn it was real fun i miss it :'(

Retro Games
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 05:12:55 AM »

Offline Xeyon

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Turtle Hermit
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Well when I was a child my first console was Sega Genesis, so of course I grew up with the Sonic games and I love them. Gotta say I prefer the very old Sonic games still over the new ones.
Dunno if it's just nostalgia or the new ones just suck xD

Other great games on Genesis were Landstalker, Comix Zone, Mickey Mania, Micro Machines and Worms (The last 2 were a lot of fun with my family :D)

My best friend had a NES and SNES and we often played games there together like Double Dragon, Mario Bros and some funny soccer game, which I forgot the name of.
The best part of the soccer game was that you could kill the players of ur enemies team xD
Furthermore I've spend a lot of time with Super Mario Bros. 3 which is a game I hate and love at the same time (at some point I always rage quitted xD)

When  I grew older I found some other great games for the SNES like Terranigma, Sword of Mana and Lufia, which are a lot of fun
(gotta admit that I've never beaten one of them, because of distraction xD)

I think that's pretty much everything I can remember right now.
Check our Recruitment Thread and join the Typocalypse  Guild ;)

Retro Games
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 05:20:14 AM »

Offline Shiro

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse Dbo
  • ♫Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats♫
  • I am a: Karma Majin
Since I was little I always played N64 with this emulator called Project 64. I played Mario 64, Mario Karts 64, Mario Tennis, Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Etc... I also played a lot of Megaman X games. On snes and on my pc. I had an atari in which I played Mario Bros, and some other games which I can't remember. On the snes I played a lot of games Simpsons, Dragon Ball Z, Megaman, etc...
Typocalypse Guild Master

To Join, Click Here: Typocalypse
ϟNo matter what, never give up!ϟ

My youtube channel  Typo youtube channel  Osu! Head Shot <3

Retro Games
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 10:28:48 AM »

Offline Zellion

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
Nice thread!

I've always enjoyed old retro games. I generally think their more challenging. Plus there is something I've always found cool about the 80s.

Don't want to rant on forever so i'll list.

-Double Dragon (snes)

- Super Mario Allstars

- Super Bomberman 1-5

- Shinobi

- Streets of Rage

- Golden axe

- Mario karts (snes)

- anything Dragonball (nes)

- Chrono Trigger (snes)

- Kirby

- Mikey and Donald World of illusion (sega)

Retro Games
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »

Offline Griffel

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 14
    • View Profile
  • Griffel > You
  • I am a: Wonder Majin
if its not Call Of Duty its a bad Game  >:(
Anything is Possible.

Retro Games
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
if its not Call Of Duty its a bad Game  >:(
lmao...................
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

Retro Games
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 01:41:37 PM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money
  • I am a: Human
I Honestly believe my favorite game that i never got tired of playing and still play on ocassions til this day is GTA San Andreas. It will never get old in my opinion.

If we getting old school then,

Mortal Combat II for Sega Saturn
Megaman X5 for PS1
Crash Banditcoot PS1
WWF Attitude PS1

Retro Games
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Syphon Filter (PS1)
Digimon World 3 (PS1)
Need For Speed: High Stakes (PS1)

Retro Games
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
I've always enjoyed old retro games. I generally think their more challenging. Plus there is something I've always found cool about the 80s.

They generally are more challenging, and I think there are three main reasons for that:

1. Hardware limitations. It wasn't possible to make a game that was too much easier than what they had on hand. For instance, you can pretty easily tell that most SNES and Genesis games are a lot easier than NES games and arcade games.

2. There were less games available back then, and part of what made video games so enticing was the fact that they were so difficult to beat in the first place. It gave them a greater replay value because it was so difficult to get through them.

3. The lack of saving ability. I was watching a documentary last night about Sega and one of the things that came up was that Sonic the Hedgehog was designed around rewarding players for speed because you'd have to replay the same early levels so often as a result of not being able to save your progress when you got to a certain level, so you'd master early levels pretty quickly. Of course, some games like Metroid circumvented it with a password system and saving was created for The Legend of Zelda, but most games back in the day just plain didn't have it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:00:21 PM by Kiyza »

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Retro Games
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 02:07:47 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
They generally are more challenging, and I think there are three main reasons for that:

1. Hardware limitations. It wasn't possible to make a game that was too much easier than what they had on hand. For instance, you can pretty easily tell that most SNES and Genesis games are a lot easier than NES games and arcade games.

2. There were less games available back then, and part of what made video games so enticing was the fact that they were so difficult to beat in the first place. It gave them a greater replay value because it was so difficult to get through them.

3. The lack of saving ability. I was watching a documentary last night about Sega and one of the things that came up was that Sonic the Hedgehog was designed around rewarding players for speed because you'd have to replay the same early levels so often as a result of not being able to save your progress when you got to a certain level, so you'd master early levels pretty quickly. Of course, some games like Metroid circumvented it with a password system and saving was created for The Legend of Zelda, but most games back in the day just plain didn't have it.
I'm honestly suprised you of all people didn't reference the Silver Surfer on NES.

Retro Games
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 02:18:06 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Well when I was a child my first console was Sega Genesis, so of course I grew up with the Sonic games and I love them. Gotta say I prefer the very old Sonic games still over the new ones.
Dunno if it's just nostalgia or the new ones just suck xD

It's mostly been a matter of the new ones sucking -- there was a pretty steep downhill curve after Sega stopped making games on their own consoles, with a few sweet spots like the Gameboy Advance and DS titles. If you like the old games, it might be worth it to pick up Sonic Generations, since it manages to invoke a lot of nostalgia while still being a damn fine game in and of itself. Most of the titles in the past few years have been reasonably good, though I still question what Sonic Boom is going to do for the franchise, as it seems like it just started to get back on track...

I'm honestly suprised you of all people didn't reference the Silver Surfer on NES.

...Why would I? It's a downright terrible game and the only redeeming thing about it is the background music.

Also, guys, I'm talking about things released for the the fourth console generation and before then. The original Playstation was a fifth generation console.

Just so we're clear, Generation 2 was the Atari and old arcade games, Generation 3 was the NES, Generation 4 were the SNES and Genesis, Generation 5 was the was the Nintendo 64, the Playstation, and the Saturn, and Generation 6 was the Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2. I think you know where it goes from there. Handhelds are a bit more difficult to place in the spectrum, but let's say pre-Gameboy Color since the dates about line up. So 1995 as a cut-off date.

Retro Games
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
...Why would I? It's a downright terrible game and the only redeeming thing about it is the background music.

Because it's relevant to your avatar, signature, and this quote, "They generally are more challenging, and I think there are three main reasons for that..."

Retro Games
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 03:43:25 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Because it's relevant to your avatar, signature, and this quote, "They generally are more challenging, and I think there are three main reasons for that..."

Just because I like the Silver Surfer doesn't mean that I have to praise -- or even so much as mention -- everything involving him. I love the character, yes, but when he has a bad comic -- or a bad anything for that matter -- I honestly would prefer to forget about it. The NES Silver Surfer game will always be a novelty, but I don't think it's in any way memorable. A lot of licensed games back then -- and just games in general -- were stupidly hard.

Retro Games
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 04:50:25 PM »

Offline Kiretto

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 0
    • View Profile
  • It's not a tumor.
  • I am a: Great Namek
I love Final Fight  ;D

Retro Games
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 08:02:21 PM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
  • Honor: 38 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Dont stop, doing what you're doing
  • I am a: Grand Chef
Nice thread!

Don't want to rant on forever so i'll list.

-Double Dragon (snes)

- Super Mario Allstars

- Super Bomberman 1-5

- Shinobi

- Streets of Rage

- Golden axe

- Mario karts (snes)

- anything Dragonball (nes)

- Chrono Trigger (snes)

- Kirby

- Mikey and Donald World of illusion (sega)

by Double Dragon you mean this?

because this is indeed game of my childhood and one of the best old games.
Along with Cadillac and Dinosaurus(both played on neo geo machine ;D)

Retro Games
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 10:04:37 PM »

Offline kami97

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 2
    • View Profile
  • parkour > life
  • I am a: Poko Priest
Well my first console I got was polystation and I liked some ninja game but I can't really remember the name
and there is one rule about retro games "if you play them more they become harder"