:uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:45:59 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:40 PM
    Sorry. Mourning makes me stupid. and I apologize for spamming the shoutbox. XD
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:08 PM
    I POSTED A DIFFERENT LINK LIKE AN IDIOT. HERE'S THE REAL ONE. [link]

Topic: Jump Stars Victory VS  (Read 2154 times)

Jump Stars Victory VS
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:48:38 AM »

Offline ssjkiego

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Venus Gemini
comes out 3/19/14(Tommorow)

Buying the **** out of this game.

Bored? Wana read something? Check out my character's story! "http://pastebin.com/u/ssjkiego" updated last : 9/24/2014

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 01:21:18 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
*nerdgasms and drools*

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:38:53 AM »

Offline Zellion

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
I pre-'ed this a few weeks back. The game looks good, but untill someone who speaks and writes fluent in Japanese backs a guide, we gonna be at a seriously bad disadvantage playing.

They have a card system...

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:41:15 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human
I cannot get this game around its release date :(
But I hope highly that the game gets an english guide.But I would love to play this! It could get me interested in some of the anime the characters are in.

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 05:05:02 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
God I wish I had a PS3...or a PS Vita.

...although they're region locked aren't they? D:

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 06:47:19 AM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
  • Honor: 38 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Dont stop, doing what you're doing
  • I am a: Grand Chef
So much playable characters now.On the first released pictures i though its gonna be only between dbz,one piece,naruto and toriko :P

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 06:53:49 AM »

Offline kami97

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 2
    • View Profile
  • parkour > life
  • I am a: Poko Priest
God I wish I had a PS3...or a PS Vita.

...although they're region locked aren't they? D:
I'm saving money for ps vita (wish me good luck XD) If I'm happy enough I would have enough money to buy it in future 3 months :'(
PS: nice game

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 07:40:19 AM »

Offline GokuJr

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Great-Great-Grandson of Goku
I have both ps3 and ps vita

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 07:53:18 AM »

Offline Buggiboi

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • *+*Legacy*+*
I went fanboy crazy when I saw Killua and Tsuna's gameplay.
I'm mind blown.

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 11:48:58 AM »

Offline Shiro

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse Dbo
  • ♫Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats♫
  • I am a: Karma Majin
:/ I just bought the Xbox One and I was hoping for that game to come out for it, I guess I was wrong >.>.
Typocalypse Guild Master

To Join, Click Here: Typocalypse
ϟNo matter what, never give up!ϟ

My youtube channel  Typo youtube channel  Osu! Head Shot <3

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 12:12:52 PM »
    • View Profile
  • They call me Perfect
  • I am a: Fighter
:/ I just bought the Xbox One and I was hoping for that game to come out for it, I guess I was wrong >.>.
Sweesh, Is it worth it? I'm referring to the Xbox 1 even though 2 of my bros has it bout they literally does act like a woman who is having a Menstrual Disease when i try touch anything when they are around or not but it's ok for them to touch my Ps3  :-\

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 07:14:19 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Well, good luck buying the game, because region-locking is going to make it impossible. The previous Jump Stars titles were easy to get because they were DS releases that had no region encoding. The current 3DS does have that, though I'm fortunately good friends with someone who owns a Japanese 3DS to play Inazuma Eleven... except for the fact that this is a console game.

I can guarantee you that this will never reach American shores. Why? Because it would have to go though licensing hell to get to America alone. While all of the manga is owned by Shueisha over in Japan, (and, by proxy, VIZ Media in North America) video game licensing is a completely different matter. While I'm sure if there was a Dragon Ball/Naruto crossover game, we could probably expect it to reach American shores because that's only two companies in charge of the games that need to intermingle and both have very large western audiences with regards to their sales figures in particular.

If it were, say, One Piece and Naruto, you can throw that out the window because One Piece doesn't enjoy that kind of mainstream popularity here in America, nor do the games generally sell well. Throw in a bunch of obscure characters and that's going to not only make it more difficult to localize, but also to market. I know a group of semi-casual gamers (you know, the first-person shooter crowd) who indulge in Naruto and Dragon Ball fighting games who've probably never watched much of either series, let alone read it, but they wouldn't be interested in this because of all of the "bizarre" Japanese things that have been put into the title.

But I digress. The game does look interesting -- perhaps even vaguely similar to the very well-received JoJo game that came out last year -- but I can avoid importing systems just to play a new video game. I think it's really interesting that there's such a wide variety of modern shounen in this -- I generally only keep up with non-shounen series (save JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, though I'll dip into old issues of One Piece when the cash is available) because I have a friend who drags me into that sort of thing. Most of my friends who are into anime are into slice-of-life stuff and I often get dragged along for the ride -- and end up finding that I usually hate whatever my friends are into. The only showcased series my closest friend who drags me into a lot of anime is interested in are Hitman Reborn (which she hated) and Gintama (which she thought was made on drugs, but not in a bad way).

Despite this, I do know a lot of the "classic" characters showcased in the trailer. It's pretty clear that this game is being marketed toward a diverse audience, including the modern JUMP readers and older fans who are probably at the age where they're getting married... or not, because that's a huge problem in Japan right now. They did include the majority of the "classic" mainstays, though -- among them Seint Seiya, Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken for the anally-pained), Rurouni Kenshin, Dr. Slump, Kochikame, YuYu Hakusho, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (though only for two parts), and of course, Dragon Ball, which kind of borders on "classic" due to the amount of new stuff it's received lately. Seriously, my only regret with the line-up is that I'll never be able to make Star Platinum and Kenshiro throw rapid-fire punches at one another while uttering gibberish.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 08:35:22 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
Well, good luck buying the game, because region-locking is going to make it impossible. The previous Jump Stars titles were easy to get because they were DS releases that had no region encoding. The current 3DS does have that, though I'm fortunately good friends with someone who owns a Japanese 3DS to play Inazuma Eleven... except for the fact that this is a console game.

I can guarantee you that this will never reach American shores. Why? Because it would have to go though licensing hell to get to America alone. While all of the manga is owned by Shueisha over in Japan, (and, by proxy, VIZ Media in North America) video game licensing is a completely different matter. While I'm sure if there was a Dragon Ball/Naruto crossover game, we could probably expect it to reach American shores because that's only two companies in charge of the games that need to intermingle and both have very large western audiences with regards to their sales figures in particular.
PS3/PS Vita games aren't region-locked. Oh, and my copy is reaching the shores next week.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:37:53 AM by Mikecw »

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
PS3/PS Vita games aren't region-locked. Oh, and my copy is reaching the shores next week.

Oh, I wasn't aware that the PS3 wasn't region-locked. I do remember many a headache about the PS2 being region locked, to the point that I remember people just up and buying a Japanese PS2 for things like this. Ah well.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I'm assuming half the profit they'll make from this game is going to be from foreigners anyways, probably why Xbox doesn't have a version.

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 02:03:47 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
I'm assuming half the profit they'll make from this game is going to be from foreigners anyways, probably why Xbox doesn't have a version.

Nah, I'd imagine we'd account for a small percentage of the sales -- game importing is pretty rare, all things considered, and JUMP is kind of huge in Japan. There are maybe a million people who tune in to Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece on Toonami these days, and while another portion probably buy manga or watch the anime online, how many of those people care enough to import a game they can't even read the text of? I don't know what the demographics for anime-loving are outside of America, but I can't imagine they're too much higher -- except perhaps in some parts of Mexico and Brazil where they'll buy this for Saint Seiya alone. Even if one in every ten Naruto watchers from America buy this game (a very generous estimate), they'll sell only 100,000 copies through imports. The Japanese sales for this are definitely going to break a million at a very bare minimum, so what could the rest of the world account for? Probably less than 10% of the total sales of the game, I'd imagine.

Also, I highly doubt the reason there's no Xbox 360 version has anything to do with foreigners and their region encoding problems -- rather, it's probably based on the Japanese gamer's preferences. While the Xbox 360 is, well, huge in America, it's not so well-liked in Japan. They generally prefer the Playstation and Nintendo systems over there. They honestly tend not to give a damn about the Xbox 360 because the games that are played on it aren't always that appealing to their different taste in gaming. Japan, in general, doesn't care about first-person shooters like Americans do. That's why you hardly see any games in that genre developed over in Japan. It's also why there's such a huge split in the styles between American and western RPGs. Japanese RPGs often use the simple, very linear "Dragon Quest" formula developed ages ago while American ones are pretty much just Dungeons & Dragons, but for people with no friends. (Yes, kids, people who play Dungeons & Dragons tend to inherently have a social life and social skills because they're necessary to play games in person with other people -- unlike yelling at people you don't know on Xbox Live) The big selling point for the Xbox 360 is, honestly, first-person shooters, and the exclusivity of them.

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 06:33:43 PM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
    • View Profile

If it were, say, One Piece and Naruto, you can throw that out the window because One Piece doesn't enjoy that kind of mainstream popularity here in America, nor do the games generally sell well. Throw in a bunch of obscure characters and that's going to not only make it more difficult to localize, but also to market. I know a group of semi-casual gamers (you know, the first-person shooter crowd) who indulge in Naruto and Dragon Ball fighting games who've probably never watched much of either series, let alone read it, but they wouldn't be interested in this because of all of the "bizarre" Japanese things that have been put into the title.

But I digress. The game does look interesting -- perhaps even vaguely similar to the very well-received JoJo game that came out last year -- but I can avoid importing systems just to play a new video game. I think it's really interesting that there's such a wide variety of modern shounen in this -- I generally only keep up with non-shounen series (save JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, though I'll dip into old issues of One Piece when the cash is available) because I have a friend who drags me into that sort of thing. Most of my friends who are into anime are into slice-of-life stuff and I often get dragged along for the ride -- and end up finding that I usually hate whatever my friends are into. The only showcased series my closest friend who drags me into a lot of anime is interested in are Hitman Reborn (which she hated) and Gintama (which she thought was made on drugs, but not in a bad way).

Despite this, I do know a lot of the "classic" characters showcased in the trailer. It's pretty clear that this game is being marketed toward a diverse audience, including the modern JUMP readers and older fans who are probably at the age where they're getting married... or not, because that's a huge problem in Japan right now. They did include the majority of the "classic" mainstays, though -- among them Seint Seiya, Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken for the anally-pained), Rurouni Kenshin, Dr. Slump, Kochikame, YuYu Hakusho, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (though only for two parts), and of course, Dragon Ball, which kind of borders on "classic" due to the amount of new stuff it's received lately. Seriously, my only regret with the line-up is that I'll never be able to make Star Platinum and Kenshiro throw rapid-fire punches at one another while uttering gibberish.

are you writing all of this or you just copy from somewhere because

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 02:21:00 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
are you writing all of this or you just copy from somewhere because

You know, you're not obliged to read my posts.

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 02:51:09 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
(Yes, kids, people who play Dungeons & Dragons tend to inherently have a social life and social skills because they're necessary to play games in person with other people -- unlike yelling at people you don't know on Xbox Live)
Such a crucial point being made in your text wall.

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 04:57:16 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Such a crucial point being made in your text wall.

Hey, it's something I know from experience role playing. I go off on tangents, yes, thank you for noticing. If you don't want to read my posts, like I said, don't read them. That was an aside point and a snide comment -- part of my style of informal, informational writing. I crack satirical jokes, especially late at night.

I know you don't like my posting, but it's kind of rude to say so in a thread and therefore derail it far more than I have. After all, my post was still on topic with a few asides while you're just posting to "call me out" for whatever reason. So, honestly, you're being awfully hypocritical. I could just as easily say "Such a crucial point being made in your one-liner."

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Madara vs Aizen- its battle of gods maan

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 09:23:55 AM »

Offline zay754

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Swordsmaster

kiyza-senpai ps3 is not region locked pretty sure ps vita isn't only ps2 and it's former

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 09:39:52 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master

At first I was like... Your telling me I can't get this game? I can get the ROM and play it on Supercard two for my DS.

Then I saw it was for 3DS and I was like..

Oh....

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »

Offline iCpryde

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 20 / 1
    • View Profile
    • The Union Dance Crew
  • The Uprise is coming!
Can we play this game on our PC with a ps3 emulator? I think I'll just do that if it's possible.

Jump Stars Victory VS
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:33 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
Last I checked the only working ps3 emulator can only run homebrew software and a few games at unplayable FPS.