:uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:45:59 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:40 PM
    Sorry. Mourning makes me stupid. and I apologize for spamming the shoutbox. XD
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:08 PM
    I POSTED A DIFFERENT LINK LIKE AN IDIOT. HERE'S THE REAL ONE. [link]

Topic: Captain Planet Vs. Aquaman  (Read 4259 times)

Captain Planet Vs. Aquaman
« on: March 08, 2014, 10:33:41 AM »

Offline Yeagerx

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Set something on fire. Also, start smoking.
Who do you think wins the fight?
I'd hope that they both killed each other but if I had to choose, it would be captain planet.
haha probably the lamest two heroes I can think of.

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 11:44:43 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Who do you think wins the fight?
I'd hope that they both killed each other but if I had to choose, it would be captain planet.
haha probably the lamest two heroes I can think of.

I'm really sick of all of these jokes about Aquaman. They seem to be made exclusively by people who not only no familiarity with superhero comics, but also haven't sat on their rear ends to watch to watch the Justice League cartoon. Most people I know who are familiar with Aquaman think he's pretty damn badass.

I mean, let's go through the list. Aquaman is by no means useless. On the contrary, he has a pretty damn good degree of super strength. If you're going to punch someone at the bottom of the ocean, that's a necessity, along with some immense durability just to survive the pressure down there. He also hasn't talked to fish since before the Crisis -- he basically mind controls them and his powers work on other lifeforms too. Up until the New 52, he also sported a badass beard, got his hand cut off, replaced it with a hook, and stopped wearing a shirt. Eventually, he also replaced the hook with a hand made of magical water that can suck the moisture out of your body through touch. As a side note, he's also the ruler of 70% of the planet Earth.

So yeah, up yours Captain Planet.

Just for reference, a few pictures of Aquaman:

Spoiler for What Aquaman has been like for the past 20 years:

Spoiler for An Aquaman you should be familiar with but aren't:

Spoiler for What Aquaman is actually like:

Spoiler for What you mistaken believe Aquaman is like and what hasn't been seen for a long, long time:

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:17:54 AM »

Offline Yeagerx

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
I would say i'm pretty educated when it comes to the world of comics.

I mean, let's go through the list. Aquaman is by no means useless. On the contrary, he has a pretty damn good degree of super strength. If you're going to punch someone at the bottom of the ocean, that's a necessity, along with some immense durability just to survive the pressure down there. He also hasn't talked to fish since before the Crisis -- he basically mind controls them and his powers work on other lifeforms too. Up until the New 52, he also sported a badass beard, got his hand cut off, replaced it with a hook, and stopped wearing a shirt. Eventually, he also replaced the hook with a hand made of magical water that can suck the moisture out of your body through touch. As a side note, he's also the ruler of 70% of the planet Earth.

Captain Planet out matches his strength(He lifted three nuclear reactors and tossed em at the sun,nbd). Let's also not forget that Captain Planet has power from all the elements not just water. Pure elements heal Captain Planet, so now you have Arthur attacking with his magical trident but that fails as well due to Planet's ability to harden his body. Captain Planet also has telepathy with any living organism(People included). I think aqua man is outclassed in this fight. I think Aquaman just get's a bad rap because, well he's Aquaman.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 07:29:40 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Well Iceman would froze them  all ahahahhaha.
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 07:42:27 AM »

Offline Yeagerx

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
hahaha iceman is kick ass but he might **** around and get melted. Captain Planet is way more OP than I originally thought. Once you really compare his stats you see that he can hang with a few people. I'd like to see someone totally annihilate captain planet though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:44:54 AM by Yeagerx, Reason: Misspell »

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 07:53:00 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
  • I am a: Dark Warrior
Captain Planet coz
"I will make you and everyone in this village recognize me, for one day... I will be hokage!"-Deadpool

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 08:06:51 AM »

Offline Yeagerx

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Captain Planet coz

Hahaha best thing i've seen all day.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 08:14:24 AM »
    • View Profile
  • They call me Perfect
  • I am a: Fighter
Wow. This is something that don't get mention everyday Captain Planet and Aquaman i thought they was dead and forgotten if they were to fight i would say Captain planet cuz he's a hero *Mumbling*something something*Mumbling*

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »

Offline Roku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Boobs.
Aquaman all day yo.. aha

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
I would say i'm pretty educated when it comes to the world of comics.

Captain Planet out matches his strength(He lifted three nuclear reactors and tossed em at the sun,nbd). Let's also not forget that Captain Planet has power from all the elements not just water. Pure elements heal Captain Planet, so now you have Arthur attacking with his magical trident but that fails as well due to Planet's ability to harden his body. Captain Planet also has telepathy with any living organism(People included). I think aqua man is outclassed in this fight. I think Aquaman just get's a bad rap because, well he's Aquaman.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:

To be totally honest, I'm well aware that Captain Planet isn't a joke in terms of strength, but his character is downright laughable by comparison. I was mainly commenting on the perception of Aquaman being, well, lame.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 12:17:39 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
To be totally honest, I'm well aware that Captain Planet isn't a joke in terms of strength, but his character is downright laughable by comparison. I was mainly commenting on the perception of Aquaman being, well, lame.
Mermaid Man > Aquaman any day

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »

Offline Yeagerx

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile

yeah Captain Planet is very laughable( I mean a green mullet? hahaha)

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 06:34:21 PM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
I'm really sick of all of these jokes about Aquaman. They seem to be made exclusively by people who not only no familiarity with superhero comics, but also haven't sat on their rear ends to watch to watch the Justice League cartoon. Most people I know who are familiar with Aquaman think he's pretty damn badass.

So yeah, up yours Captain Planet.

Just for reference, a few pictures of Aquaman:

Spoiler for What Aquaman has been like for the past 20 years:

Spoiler for An Aquaman you should be familiar with but aren't:

Spoiler for What Aquaman is actually like:

Spoiler for What you mistaken believe Aquaman is like and what hasn't been seen for a long, long time:

I've never bought into that mindset on Aquaman, and anyone who's seen the badass he was in the JL cartoon shouldn't be buying into it either.

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 12:23:44 AM »

Offline Nemesis

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 6
    • View Profile
  • "The fans are the biggest reason we do what we do"
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
this is the first time I've heard of Captain Planet LOL so maybe my vote will be impartial because I believe that in this battle would win aquaman

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 12:35:51 AM »

Offline Kitsune

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Crane Elite
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Aquaman...Captain Planet is just far more a joke.
Rage And Rage Again...Until Lambs Become Lions!
To Know My Resolve Is To Know Your End...

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 12:53:47 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I've never bought into that mindset on Aquaman, and anyone who's seen the badass he was in the JL cartoon shouldn't be buying into it either.
He gets his bad rep from his crappy old cartoon, not the JL cartoon. You can't just act like this show never happened.

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 09:16:33 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
He gets his bad rep from his crappy old cartoon, not the JL cartoon. You can't just act like this show never happened.

Never seen it. Not a fan of 60s cartoons tbh

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 12:54:16 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus

Everyone knows that Aquaman's bad rap comes from the Justice Friends. He was usually handled pretty poorly up until maybe the '70s or so. He was always one of the "Big Seven" original Justice League of America characters, but he really was a gimmick until people started expanding on him. Today, he has an excellent character, a well-developed supporting cast, and a very solid villain in the form of Black Manta.

Saying the Aquaman of the 1960s Justice Friends cartoon is the definitive version of the character is like saying that the 1960s Adam West version of Batman is the definitive version. Batman's characterization has clearly changed a lot since then and the mainstream public perception of Batman these days is pretty accurate to the way he's been portrayed comics since around those magical '70s -- due in no small part to the Tim Burton films, Batman the Animated Series, and The Dark Knight Saga. The problem is, Aquaman doesn't have the same level of mainstream exposure -- DC doesn't push any of its characters nearly as hard as Batman. I was literally at my comic shop picking up a trade for the first five issues of J.M. DeMatteis's run on the Phantom Stranger (an excellent comic, though a bit of a subjective taste due to the heavy religious content) and who's on the cover of it? Batman, featured almost as prominently as the main character at that.

I kind of feel like this could be avoided if people actually, you know, bothered to pick up comics once every now and then. Despite the fact that you can buy trades -- and even some single issues -- at any local Barnes & Noble, their mainstream acceptance as a form of art, and the fact that superheroes (and some non-superhero characters, like Hellboy) have become American cultural icons, we still can't get people to buy comics. It's an odd state for the entire market because there should ideally be a lot of customers, but the cultural stigma against comics (that comics are mostly for children when the reverse is actually the truth) that's lingered from the '50s and '60s -- much like stereotypical views about Aquaman -- have lingered with us. There's a comic out there for everyone (yes kids, comics are not just about superheroes) just as there's a novel out there for everyone, but no one will bother to read them because of it.

Never seen it. Not a fan of 60s cartoons tbh

As someone who's watched a lot of cartoons from a lot of different eras, I can say that the '60s are mostly shit for animation, barring perhaps the three Disney films released during that time (One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Sword in the Stone, and The Jungle Book), The Flintstones, and a few Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies shorts. Even then, looking at a list of the latter's productions from the era, I feel like most of the good stuff (ex. "The Rabbit of Seville", "Rabbit Fire", "Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century", and "One Froggy Evening" to name some of the best-known and best-received) was done primarily in the 1950s anyway. So you didn't miss much. I'd argue the 1990s were probably the best decade on the whole for American animation -- it was pretty much a renaissance.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:03:57 PM by Kiyza, Reason: Replying to a second message »

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 01:30:48 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Saying the Aquaman of the 1960s Justice Friends cartoon is the definitive version of the character is like saying that the 1960s Adam West version of Batman is the definitive version.
Trying to find the part where I said/implied that. I just said the show makes him laughable, the same applies to all of those 60s Spiderman memes.

And how can you say "Everyone knows that Aquaman's bad rap comes from the Justice Friends" when literally the previous post to yours said "Never seen it."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:32:32 PM by Mikecw »

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 01:56:27 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Trying to find the part where I said/implied that. I just said the show makes him laughable, the same applies to all of those 60s Spiderman memes.

And how can you say "Everyone knows that Aquaman's bad rap comes from the Justice Friends" when literally the previous post to yours said "Never seen it."

There's this thing called "hyperbole". It's an intentional exaggeration for emphasis. Admittedly, the notion admittedly holds true mainly for comic book fans or people who have actually been exposed to the cartoon, but it's a reasonably well-known fact for people who are mildly knowledgeable about the subject matter. You should not take every post you see literally.

I also know you're not implying that. I'm addressing the social stigmas, not your post. You must understand that I'm very prone to writing long-winded rants about things I enjoy or that bother me.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:59:14 PM by Kiyza »

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 02:06:59 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
You must understand that I'm very prone to writing long-winded rants about things I enjoy or that bother me.
Oh I'm well aware. I'm always tempted to post this clip everytime you do.
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »

Offline Yeagerx

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
I kind of feel like this could be avoided if people actually, you know, bothered to pick up comics once every now and then. Despite the fact that you can buy trades -- and even some single issues -- at any local Barnes & Noble, their mainstream acceptance as a form of art, and the fact that superheroes (and some non-superhero characters, like Hellboy) have become American cultural icons, we still can't get people to buy comics. It's an odd state for the entire market because there should ideally be a lot of customers, but the cultural stigma against comics (that comics are mostly for children when the reverse is actually the truth) that's lingered from the '50s and '60s -- much like stereotypical views about Aquaman -- have lingered with us. There's a comic out there for everyone (yes kids, comics are not just about superheroes) just as there's a novel out there for everyone, but no one will bother to read them because of it.

Once again. Read through a lot of the varies series and I still think Aquaman is hella lame.

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 12:00:36 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Oh I'm well aware. I'm always tempted to post this clip everytime you do.

Which is honestly quite rude and hypocritical. I mean, where do you think we are? This is a site made to discuss a Dragon Ball game. Everyone here is a nerd, just to varying degrees. I just happen to have a rather broad range of tastes in my nerdy interests. I've done everything from watch Star Trek to partake in a game in Dungeons and Dragons.

Once again. Read through a lot of the varies series and I still think Aquaman is hella lame.

To be totally fair, there's definitely a lot of subjective taste involved, and it depends largely on which Aquaman comics you're reading. I've you've primarily been exposed to material from the Silver Age, (unlikely though that may be) you'll probably be inclined to think that because it's kind of true. On the other hand, you might still think that about modern Aquaman because even though he's portrayed as useful, his concept is still a bit "outlandish" compared to "realistic" characters like, I dunno, Batman. Then again, he's not as bizarre or outlandish as many of DC's other characters -- keep in mind this is a universe where a detective from Mars, a stage magician who speaks backwards, and the biblical angel of death are all superheroes. He's downright tame compared to, say, Swamp Thing and Animal Man.

It could also be that the "edginess" of the '90s have left a bad taste in some people's mouth as well -- maybe Aquaman tried a little too hard to be serious in the '90s. Then again, almost everyone in the era was guilty of that. Keep in mind it's the decade comics killed off Superman, made the Green Lantern a supervillain, and invented Spawn.

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »

Offline Kitsune

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Crane Elite
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Scene: Cell approaches Captain Planet, Aquaman, and Goku.

Goku Powers up killing Captain Planet and Aquaman instantly since the were just too close to awesomeness!!!
Rage And Rage Again...Until Lambs Become Lions!
To Know My Resolve Is To Know Your End...