* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Today at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Today at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\

Topic: Crafting and the Economy: Sandbox or Set-rate?  (Read 2311 times)

Crafting and the Economy: Sandbox or Set-rate?
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:39:44 AM »
    • View Profile
As we all know from playing DBO, inflation got pretty crazy at points in the game. For DBO:R to avoid said problems, they would need a huge amount of zeni sinks in the game, which used to be cash items and such. Obviously that system won't exist in the traditional sense as we knew it.

I propose the game is turned into a sandbox economy at some point, meaning:

- All equipment in game can be created from players aside from ingredient drops, and things like Dragon balls or rewards
- Legendary items still drop from big mobs, but no longer in the freeflow manner of before. These are set drops or from completing quests.
- As a combat class you make money early on by collecting resources for the crafting system, while some classes are naturally more proficient with crafting. This gives you the resources to start either crafting for yourself or getting some decent gear sets, at which point you can seek out the good modifiers for your equipment(high level stones)
-Crafting essentially becomes a kind of secondary profession, which can also be modified using stones to make someone an even better artisan, so that there will be master crafters walking around the server with a boss suit for crafting armor or weapons, or both.
The point is for everyone to at one point become self sufficient and then don't have to rely on other players as much, but still profiting greatly if someone wants to do so.

I don't know if anyone played the original Everquest or Star Wars Galaxies, but they both followed this formula and it had crazy awesome results. This game has a way better combat system than either of those games, and it really just needs to complete the circle by making it a sandbox economy, with intervention from the Devs at some points. It would make this game all it was probably intended to be at its inception. You could even implement a feature such as whenever someone uses one of your items, you gain experience, or reward points(like the gold coin thingies in DBO). Small incentives like this would make people WANT to craft instead of being forced to.

It also means someone can still be a hack and slash warrior who constantly fights and lets other people worry about equipment, he just sells or trades the ingredients and components for crafting.

The beauty of a sandbox economy is the game will be driving itself, so the players will always have a goal to shoot for. Couple this with the quest system already in place, or whatever awesome content the dev staff will eventually be completing and giving to us, and you have a killer MMO with a great combat system, quest system, and crafting system, adding to the different ways to play and enjoy the game with small changes in regard to backend components and creating new content by just expanding on what is already there.

TL;DR

DBO should be a total sandbox game with its own economy and a secondary crafting class that will add greatly to the game and fix problems with the in-game economy all in one stroke.

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »

Offline Ren

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Confine, Murcielago!
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
There's already crafting -_- I don't know what you mean by the rest of the stuff.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:56:26 AM »

Offline Roku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Boobs.
I partially understand what you're getting at..

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »

Offline Sexy

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 47 / 13
    • View Profile
  • King
  • I am a: Fighter
Why do I feel like you never played the game?

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 11:00:32 AM »

Offline Roku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Boobs.
Why do I feel like you never played the game?
I feel the same way.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 11:03:12 AM »
    • View Profile
This is taking the game a step up, while simultaneously fixing problems that were inherent within DBO like inflation.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 11:04:37 AM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
I like your idea, Leonardo.

As for the equipment, I 100% agree with your statement. Having specific bosses drop a set piece of armour (Same stats all the time) is what a lot of successful MMORPGs go for. An example would be World of Warcraft, where you compete in hour long dungeons or raids to get that final piece of equipment (and you are guaranteed to get the best) is a great way to help an individual player survive on their own in terms of Zeni and gear.

As for the crafting system, DBO actually has something similar to what you are saying, if you achieved the necessary items to craft, it let you get some awesome looking stuff, but again, that stats were crap and not worth it.

Definitely worth looking into.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 11:08:23 AM »

Offline Trender

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Create, Live, Dragonball
  • I am a: Super Saiyan

As for the equipment, I 100% agree with your statement. Having specific bosses drop a set piece of armour (Same stats all the time) is what a lot of successful MMORPGs go for. An example would be World of Warcraft, where you compete in hour long dungeons or raids to get that final piece of equipment (and you are guaranteed to get the best) is a great way to help an individual player survive on their own in terms of Zeni and gear.

As for the crafting system, DBO actually has something similar to what you are saying, if you achieved the necessary items to craft, it let you get some awesome looking stuff, but again, that stats were crap and not worth it.

Agree 100% with you, sorry I didnt read the main post(leonardo's post), but its too big :P

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 11:23:06 AM »

Offline DaTruth

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • naughtyword You Die Slow
s/o to everyone who used speak selection to read that long ass post and still didn't know what dafaq he meant 8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 11:25:57 AM by DaTruth »

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 12:02:01 PM »
    • View Profile

Aye, I figure the existing crafting system will make something like this easier, as it can just be expanded upon.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »

Offline Trender

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Create, Live, Dragonball
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
s/o to everyone who used speak selection to read that long ass post and still didn't know what dafaq he meant 8)
I dont understand you.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 08:12:04 PM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
  • Honor: 38 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Dont stop, doing what you're doing
  • I am a: Grand Chef
i was thinking about best drops comming from strong boss too,maybe from CC 150 one but i dont think CC 150 would be good since you can craft good gear with items you get from it.Crafting should stay the same though

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 09:11:52 PM »

Offline MaxJr

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
I like dbo as it was... Drops with different stats were so good and made people different... Everytime need a lot of time to get the perfect gear and stats... So this made dbo cool for me... With same stats drops, gears are the same for everyone... I played aion for a lot of time, and I got the cap and I geared my account in 2 weeks... And 90% people had my same gear... The cool thing of dbo for me was that I needed like 1-2 months to well gear every account, but after that, only 10-15% of players had it... For me, dbo can be 90% like it was... Maybe if are possible, just any balance more in pvp, something about ping (maybe something to set the challengers ping to the same level, for example when 2 players are fighing, if 1 has 200 ping and other has 150, any system to set both to 200! Idk if is possible) and something about the low rated classes (chief,dw etc)! About the world, gear, craft, farm, auction house system, it was cool like it was for me!
Waiting for the return of DBO =D

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 09:43:56 AM »
    • View Profile
I like dbo as it was... Drops with different stats were so good and made people different... Everytime need a lot of time to get the perfect gear and stats... So this made dbo cool for me... With same stats drops, gears are the same for everyone... I played aion for a lot of time, and I got the cap and I geared my account in 2 weeks... And 90% people had my same gear... The cool thing of dbo for me was that I needed like 1-2 months to well gear every account, but after that, only 10-15% of players had it... For me, dbo can be 90% like it was... Maybe if are possible, just any balance more in pvp, something about ping (maybe something to set the challengers ping to the same level, for example when 2 players are fighing, if 1 has 200 ping and other has 150, any system to set both to 200! Idk if is possible) and something about the low rated classes (chief,dw etc)! About the world, gear, craft, farm, auction house system, it was cool like it was for me!

Items will still have different stats and there will be lots of variations.

You guys aren't really getting it I don't think; the crafting system as is is total turd and you can't make anything of real worth through; I'm proposing we change this to make it far better, and make crafted equipment the best in the game aside from special drops. It keeps the economy moving and adds a whole new layer to the game.

In SWG there was also differing qualities of ingredients, and it also depended on who crafted the item. The better the crafter and the ingredients, the better the end product.

There will be even MORE variation in character and set ups because you can custom craft items. The more valuable the ingredients, the better the items.

Crafting weapons/items will also help take care of inflation and help players make money through every stage of the game. It also allows players to make their own instead of grinding through dungeons for loot to sell to buy things from the AH.