• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Today at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Today at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • Yesterday at 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • Yesterday at 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: Sonic Boom!  (Read 5274 times)

Sonic Boom!
« on: February 08, 2014, 12:18:29 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Now alot of people are hating the new looks etc.

I myself welcome them, I like the new looks, the game looks awesome.

I'd consider buying a wiiu for it, since not a fan of the DS.

(plus Wii U has an epic line up already)

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/06/sonic-boom-comes-to-wii-u-and-3ds-from-western-studios/

Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:01:50 AM »

Offline Miah4343

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
Agreed on the looks. i like CG animation personally c:

The new looks were cool too. They made knuckles pretty brolic

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:02:15 AM »

Offline YourEnd7

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Zophar OP~!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Looks alright.

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:08:06 AM »

Offline davyjonesx

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 29 / 5
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Majin
Looks nice imo.
Knuckles got huge tho o.O

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 01:17:58 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
I'm personally loving the new knuckles.

Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 01:29:39 AM »

Offline davyjonesx

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 29 / 5
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Majin

Lmao looks like he did some mad steroids tho

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 01:54:27 AM »

Offline lightflair

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Pew pew pew pew~!
  • I am a: Wonder Majin
Knuckles looks so freaking bulky! I liked him as small and strong :(
Other than that this game looks nice.

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 04:41:51 AM »

Offline SSGokug

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The only Kirito x Sinon shipper on the forums
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Just Incase you guys missed it theres a show too in my opinion it looks pretty good :)

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 04:54:12 AM »

Offline Miah4343

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Just Incase you guys missed it theres a show too in my opinion it looks pretty good :)

AWESOME!!!!

poor tails though :c

Post Merge: February 11, 2014, 01:57:44 PM

lmao xDDDD
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:57:44 PM by Luke[Dumke] »

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 05:00:34 AM »

Offline Blake

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Not sure what to say so I'll just keep typing
I think Sonic's been following the same weight loss diet as Pikachu. They both keep getting thinner over the years.

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 06:06:02 AM »

Offline Kiretto

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 0
    • View Profile
  • It's not a tumor.

I was expecting this.

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 06:33:52 AM »

Offline Zellion

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
The game looks pretty good. Part of me hopes its like the Sonic adventures games... Really enjoyed that.

Sonic's scarf though? :-\

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 09:30:28 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian

I haven't bought a Sonic game in a good while now (not since the Rush titles), but I might nab the 3DS version of this if it plays like a side-scroller. It does look interesting, though.

The show looks... really mediocre. Sonic's voice acting in particular is awful -- terribly overexaggerated. Even though it makes sense in-character for him to be almost constantly shouting, it should feel more fluid and organic. The animation in general feels really cheap for CGI -- there's a complete lack of detail in the background here and it feels very generic. Literally the only thing I liked about that trailer was Eggman... which shouldn't be surprising because he's the best Sonic character anyway. Then again, it's not like there are any other American cartoons out there to watch. Cartoon Network's quality is so bad these days that Annoying Orange seems to be one of their most popular shows.

I think Sonic's been following the same weight loss diet as Pikachu. They both keep getting thinner over the years.

I think Sonic's more streamlined look is better for him, honestly. It fits his character more than the potbelly that he used to have. Having a sleek aesthetic generally works well for speedster-type characters.

With Pikachu, I'd imagine the shift is to make it more anthropomorphic and relatable as opposed to a cute, more animalistic mascot. Pokemon have gotten more and more like people over the years, so I don't think the art shift is a surprise.

The game looks pretty good. Part of me hopes its like the Sonic adventures games... Really enjoyed that.

Sonic's scarf though? :-\

I kind of like the art shift myself. If you ask me, it kind of symbolizes that Sonic is moving into a new era. Most of the recent entries in the series so far have been solid -- and there really weren't that many great titles since the Adventure games. Things have been looking up for Sonic and I think it's going to stay that way for a little while, as Sega seems to have mostly gotten their shit together with the series. It might be a bit jarring at first, but I bet the shift between 2D and 3D games was probably a bit of shock too back during the '90s.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
O-o wtf is Knuckles on? went from skinny Red thing to Bulky Red whatever animal he is >_>
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »

Offline Miah4343

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
O-o wtf is Knuckles on? went from skinny Red thing to Bulky Red whatever animal he is >_>

He's an echidna

lol see the similarity here ?

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »

Offline Miah4343

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Then again, it's not like there are any other American cartoons out there to watch.

-cough cough-

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 10:49:21 AM »
    • View Profile
  • legendary warrior
why does sonic look like a cowboy :/

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
-cough cough-

Having adult jokes does not make a show good. If that was true, Family Guy wouldn't be shit. It just means it's either aimed at an older demographic or it had appeal for that age group. I've seen Regular Show and I think it's really unremarkable, though it's probably the best show on the network right now.

To be totally honest, I think the channel with the most potential for animated programming right now is The Hub, since they're backed by Hasbro. Toy and merchandise sales are how a lot of shows make their income. Cartoon Network is too stuck on this to make a show that's not dirt cheap to maximize profits, Nickelodeon realizes that new shows will have worse ratings than Spongebob reruns. Disney? I don't even know what the naughtyword they're doing.

At least most of the Hub's content has been solid so far, but they're lacking a strong series outside of a slowly slipping My Little Pony -- especially considering they've ended their primary Transformers series and canceled the G.I. Joe cartoon and abandoned the franchise. They'll probably pick up with more Transformers after the latest movie blows over and they can stock the shelves with different toys, but I'd leave that until at least next year. In the meantime, they've realized airing reruns is not bad for toy sales.

The big problem with the American animation industry is that the creator-owned content omnipresent on the '90s and early 2000s is effectively gone now. Networks airing these shows realize there's more profit in creating something that just has merch that sells like hotcakes. It's a bit like what cartoons were like back during the '80s, where every action cartoon was a half-hour toy commercial, only they're more subtle about it now. (except the aforementioned Hub, which has no shame and will attempt to sell you Hasbro products during commercial breaks, though they're the company largely responsible for the toy cartoons in the first place with G.I. Joe's popularity at the time) The fact that the only network churning out decent programs with a reasonable amount of consistency is owned by a toy company should be a surefire sign that American animation is going down the shitter.

For the record, though, the situation is almost as bad in Japan -- they can just get away with more because they have more independent companies, web animation, and substantially cheaper production costs. Even Dragon Ball Kai was canceled largely due to failure of merchandise sales -- and that's a big name series. Anime in general tends to cater a lot more toward otaku these days because people realize they buy useless shit like that. Hell, I've got a friend who's one of them and imports Japanese figurines and collectibles. Not that I'm any better with my room full of My Little Ponies and Transformers, but at least I'm very consciously aware of Hasbro's marketing scheme, to the extent that I only saw the last live-action film of the latter to help decide what toys to buy.

Sorry for the only tangentially-related rant, but I feel like it might help explain a few things for people who don't understand the problems with the modern animation industry.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 12:05:29 PM »

Offline Miah4343

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Meh agree to diagree. its just diferent tastes. i love family guy and american dad. i dont like mlp or much on the hub. I think fox has a cool thing with there ADHD program, especially a show on there called "Golan the insaitable. ohh and i enjoyed the trailer to the new sonic show.

ohhh and the avatar series is pretty cool too. i personally like aang more then korra ( which sucks cuz i was totally digging have a female avatar and liked her bitchyness at first but shes wayyyy too bitchy now! but its still a cool show )
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:09:12 PM by Miah4343 »

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
I like the new looks. It's like they've all aged a bit. I worry about gameplay though, too many Sonic games have been absolute horse shit.

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who noticed Sonic's arms are now blue. It looks so "ew."

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 02:20:34 PM »
    • View Profile
  • They call me Perfect
  • I am a: Fighter
It looks like an investment to a back up boredom game but "never judge the book by it's cover" it might be really addicting and way better then the previous Sonic games.

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »

Offline 9Tail

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Veteran
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/06/sonic-boom-comes-to-wii-u-and-3ds-from-western-studios/

This looks like it's trying I copy ratchet and clank all 4 one. With the whole "new looks" and "new worlds" type thing. It like nintendo's answer for it or something but whatevs, I like knuckles' new design beig larger in stature and more muscular. Seems kinda cool.

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 03:55:59 PM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who noticed Sonic's arms are now blue. It looks so "ew."

Like I said, all of the characters look as if they've aged. Sonic probably just grew some fur on his arms.

Sonic Boom!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 05:37:50 PM »

Offline Jaxill

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The Buck Stops Here
If I ever invest in a 3ds I might try it. I lost hope for sonic a long time ago but his latest game have been more appealing. I do wish they would make more 2d side scroll style games though, That's where Sonic really shined. Watching a mini animation of Sonic going the 12 different loops is cool the first time but already annoying by the third level.

Also they really need to bring back the Chao Garden, I spent hours on that shit and I would again provided with more mini games then race and karate.