[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: DragonBall Online:RetroReboot  (Read 5271 times)

DragonBall Online:RetroReboot
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:51:01 AM »
    • View Profile
  • DragonBall Generations coming soon!
The other night we had a live Q&A for Dragonball Generations (a new fan series based roughly 25 years after Battle of Gods for those who dont know)  I have had several people email me saying they went to the page and could not see the live feed, or who went to the page at the wrong time. So i Decided to take alot of the Questions that were asked live, and also some new questions recieved recently to do a text version of the Q&A to answer some questions.

For starters what is Dragonball Generations?
Dragonball Generations is a series that myself along with 3 other friends of mine are writing, animating, and producing. It is centered 25 years after battle of gods, and roughly 15 years after the last episode of DBZ where Goku takes uub to train to take the mantle of earths hero. In this series we are pretending like GT didnt happen and doing the series the way we think it should have went if continued.

Fan based series? like Dragonball Absalon? What makes this different from that?
Alot of things make this different from Absalon. I have seen absalon and really like the way it was produced but there are things that didn't feel authentic. For one their story is based post GT while ours doesnt involve GT at all. Another thing is the series felt like it used Flash Animation, or Anime Studio where you take still images and move them according to frame rather then doing frame by frame animation like older cartoons and like dragonball z was done. This show will be done with Frame by frame animation like the original. Also we are going with all new directions as far as story, there will be no Xicor, no super saiyan 4 or 5, and no really dark theme right off the bat. The characters wont just be in fight mode from beginning to end, there will be comedic moments, and a tremendous depth in the story telling.

How many if any characters are carrying over from Dragonball Z?
To be honest, not sure on an exact amount, because as we continue to write we may introduce more characters depending on the seriousness of them being involved. At the moment I can for sure say 5 characters. Uub, Dende,Supreme Kai, Chiaotzu, and a mystery character that WILL NOT BE REVEALED.

Chiaotzu? Why would such a minor character be brought into a new series?
Well the reason we deicided to bring him back was for 2 reasons, one we felt he never really got a chance to shine in the series, and for two it's because of what his character design was based off of and what his character could be capable of as far as helping the newer protagonists. If you want a better idea look up Akira Toriyama's reason for the design of Chiaotzu.

Ok well what about Goku or Vegeta?
Well There a couple reasons we are leaving them out. One of them being because Goku passed the mantle to Uub at the end of DBZ and we want to live up to that and give someone else a chance, Second is because of voice acting, it would be very difficult to do Goku or Vegeta the way Chris Sabbat or Sean Schemmel were able to do it, and just like when a great actor gets recast in a movie we feel it would hurt the series to try to emulate those voice actors and feel it will feel more authentic to not have them in the series, voices like chiaotzu and supreme kai werent very established in the role and i feel wont really be an issue as far as new voices. Now with that said Goku will appear in Episode 6 which is actually a special episode, but lets just say the voice acting isnt an issue for this appearance.

What about the Nameks? Are they going to play a big role in the series?
YES!!! The nameks are going to play a huge role in the series! And so are humans, we felt that it got to the point where saiyans were stealing all the glory. And while Saiyans are amazing Namekians and Humans got over shadowed and it didnt feel right to have us as humans not get to share the glory and an amazing race such as the Namekians to not have some spotlight. Now with that said, there will be some namekians in the first season, but the big breakthrough with them is actually geared to the 2nd season, the 1st is just a lead up to why and how the namekians become major players.

How long until we expect to see something?
Not long, while its not an episode the trailer showcasing the work we have been doing will be released within the next week or two. After that it could be as little as 1 episode a month. I know it sucks we can't get them out any sooner but all of it takes alot of work and we all have full time jobs because this will not make any money so my team is small. BUT we are trying to go ahead and just run non stop on the first 3 episodes so we can get them out 1 a week and hopefully get us on a schedule so we can have a new episode every week till after episode 6 then we take a month hiatus, not from working on the show but airing the episodes so we can focus on working on the last 7 of the season.

What is the goal of this show?
Well the main goal is just to create something thats apart of the same universe we grew up watching and to have people be happy with the work we have done. But I would be lying if I didn't say we would love for this to get picked up by toei animation. Its a far fetched notion but i would love to see an expansion of the dragonball universe we grew up with turn into a new series in the universe with characters we created.

Is there any strong female characters in this series?
Yes! one of the main characters is a female and her story is actually VERY interesting, she's no slouch. Lets just say she is a very powerful character and unique! She is gonna be right in the middle of everything and not gonna end up a bulma or even videl style role.

Well that's the jist of alot of the questions that were submitted and asked during the Live Q&A the live version was discussed to a little more depth but this is the basis of it all. If you have any more questions we will be doing another live Q&A the week following the trailer drop. email any questions to screamthepoetry@hotmail.com

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:59:12 PM by Luke[Dumke] »

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:19:49 AM »
    • View Profile
Hi,
While all of us love Dragonball Online, and personally i feel i can not wait for when/if Revelations pulls it off and we are all playing again...BUT... I have to admit i am a bit sceptical, with nothing have been shown but a few clips of the original game with the english GUI patch that we got from dbocom back in the day... the server file they showed in the last preview shows gui in english but server files were still in Korean, I am not saying they are lying, by any means..the server files were originally in korean so they could have just not translated them, that is a very believable scenerio. I for one stand behind Revelations and understand the Ifs and buts... however I decided while i am the one helming the project for Dragonball Generations, a fan anime and manga that myself and my team are working on... when i was first introduced to DBZ i was at the beginning stages of myself learning to program... now while at first it was PONG, followed by a various other form style programs and even a virus to do damage to my highschool computer system, as i learned i learned how to do more things. which in the end was to make video games, thats what i want to do and its who I am at the core, a computer nerd who wants to change the world the same way mario, doom, halo, minecraft, and wow did...And also at the core i am a huge Dragonball fan.. when Dragonball Online was announced i swelled with joy for the time I would get to play it in english... that time never came so i settled...i joined the Taiwanese server applied the english patch and even though i didnt understand alot, i flourished to a level 46 before the server was shut down for good... That game in its glory was the salvation for those of us addicted to DragonBall and what it could mean to be those characters. It wasnt the same as making a BloodElf with no incredible history behind it in World of Warcraft, and yeah you could raise your level and have fun doing quests, but to me with DBO was to be a saiyan descendant...to be a warrior with limitless potential..to be a namekian... and any of us here in the Western region lost that chance... and even worse lost being able to even play on foreign servers.... SO just in case DBOR for whatever reason fails..i started my own version. Its not as flashy as DBO but its a dragonball MMO, closer to zelda and legacy of goku style gameplay atm, you will have character creation, skills you can learn, an item shop, a pet system, quests will be done very similarly to DBO and i would like to give it that feel as much as possible. BUT I am doing this myself..i can do it but i would like a team to help me, even if its strictly creation such as sprites, tilesets, story, quest ideas, ect... below are some screen shots of what i have so far. The GUI will be finished by next week its a bit ehhh atm. and I only have Saiyan Descent and Namekian as playable Races Right Now.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 09:23:06 AM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
  • Honor: 38 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Dont stop, doing what you're doing
  • I am a: Grand Chef

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:38 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Hmm it looks like to GBA OR NDS game. It have low quality but maybe when it is on, I would try it until DBOR come out. Good luck with project.
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »
    • View Profile
Yeah its not great, i mean its a 2d game, and nothing to blow up about... but i feel if we dont get some decent form of DBO back online, this would be the next best thing besides some text based online rpgs, here at least people will get some characters, customization, and play with friends.. unless someone else has programmed a working dragonball mmo i dont see why anyone *cough cough* would judge.. aiming at the guy who posted #2.. have u programmed one that is better and makes no money??

Post Merge: March 04, 2014, 09:32:14 AM
Anyway the point above was to see if anyone wanted to be on the team behind this project. Im really looking for a good pixel artist and possibly a story/quest writer. i can do all the programming its just a matter of im not a very good pixel artist.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:32:14 AM by screamthepoetry »

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:36:11 AM »
    • View Profile
  • legendary warrior
best of luck on your new game.remember to put alot of effort into it so that it could turn out to be something special like dbo. hope it works out :D.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »
    • View Profile
i wish there was a like button so i could like the comments that are positive above. dont get me wrong i REALLY HOPE that DBOR pulls it off because i will play it every single day of my life.. im just wanting to think of how i would feel if i or we waited for this long for the game and end up getting nothing.. so even though it wont "look" the same as DBO it will provide a good, fun, personal experience.. thats all i want to do with this is spend time on it, use my personal server to host a beta, fix any bugs, and let people enjoy it and expand upon it to make it a great experience that is very true to the Dragonball universe. Thats all i want. and again feel free to check out Dragonball Generations, a fan anime, and manga myself and several others are working on. first issue of the manga will be done soon, ran into some issues with getting the pages scanned in to edit *my printer/scanner broke* but it is coming

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
Well if can help you in anyway I would do.
I never work on games and if I know how to help you, I would ask you to join your team. Your game is kinda like Byond DBZ game. Can't you ask people from there to help you a little?
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »

Offline Shiro

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse Dbo
  • ♫Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats♫
  • I am a: Karma Majin
Forget that last comment xD, sorry. Good luck with your game/project.  :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:46:02 AM by Portgas D. Ace »
Typocalypse Guild Master

To Join, Click Here: Typocalypse
ϟNo matter what, never give up!ϟ

My youtube channel  Typo youtube channel  Osu! Head Shot <3

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 12:46:28 AM »

Offline egergely

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Martial Artist
:D waiting the download link

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 01:07:19 AM »

Offline Tsuki

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 17 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Not just no... But naughtyword No!
Questing and story is something i might be able to be of service with. Tho im not sure. I need some ground story to begind with. Like what time the game takes place and so on to give me a idea. For pixels i have a friend who is really good at stuff like that.

Tsuki~

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 02:06:39 AM »
    • View Profile
well since its an MMO there is no direct background story like a single player game would have, But i am thinking its gonna be similar to the DBO storyline with a few differences, for one i dont think im going to do a buu race, i mean if enough people want it i might, but i just dunno. there are going to be saiyan descendants, which are humans that have saiyan blood based on years of the saiyans being on earth, and then there is going to be Human, the reason for that is because in my anime/manga im writing the humans play a bigger part and even shine later on and i want to convey those possiblities in the game. I will hopefully be having a very small closed beta just to get some bugs worked out with the system once i get a decent size map done for a couple small quests. and if anyone has any ideas or ways they would like to help just PM me and we will go from their. thanks guys

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 03:13:48 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say
I wouldnt even play that shit if dbor didnt come online

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 03:19:36 AM »

Offline Nemesis

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 6
    • View Profile
  • "The fans are the biggest reason we do what we do"

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 07:03:52 AM »
    • View Profile
well if you dont want to play it then thats your choice. but seeing as how pokeMMO is still 16bit and has thousands of users, and my game isnt even close to ready and will be alot more polished by release then i guess u will just miss out.. then again ur probably a kid who has never grew up playing games that were 2d and has no appreciation for anything "Retro"

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 07:25:36 AM »

Offline kami97

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 2
    • View Profile
  • parkour > life
  • I am a: Poko Priest
good luck with project it looks ok for now

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 08:02:39 AM »

Offline Nemesis

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 6
    • View Profile
  • "The fans are the biggest reason we do what we do"
well if you dont want to play it then thats your choice. but seeing as how pokeMMO is still 16bit and has thousands of users, and my game isnt even close to ready and will be alot more polished by release then i guess u will just miss out.. then again ur probably a kid who has never grew up playing games that were 2d and has no appreciation for anything "Retro"

in the era of the games in 3d realistic why going to rehash the past games in 2d at the time?! they were beautiful but now they are really old

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 08:17:35 AM »

Offline Roku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Boobs.
I wonder how this will turn out.

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 08:31:53 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Good luck with the project ill be sure to play it when it comes out  :D

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 09:45:50 AM »

Offline Sirius

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Human
in the era of the games in 3d realistic why going to rehash the past games in 2d at the time?! they were beautiful but now they are really old

there is something that mario 3D does not have in front of mario 2D, i still prefer play mario 3 then mario 64.

good luck with the project, i will play when it get finished. :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:48:38 AM by Sirius »

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say

Please stop living in the past, and stop assuming. If you really want a game alot of people play remake the original DBO instead of that 2D garbage your making.

FYI all 2D games expect Mario are shit.

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 09:48:32 AM »
    • View Profile
why rehash 2d, well lets see maybe because i am 1 guy working on a game by myself atm. if you had any clue what it takes to do 3d modeling, then figure out collision detection, then doing it as a 1 man project would mean it would never get done, but doing 2d allows me by myself to have a working game that people could have fun playing by myself, and those people who appreciate it and give it a chance im sure will like it, the bigger it gets and the more people play the more likely i am to attract other people to expand and eventually completely change the engine and make it a 3d experience possibly, but even if not, again Pokemmo, Ragnarok, Dragon's Blade, Doom & Destiny, EverEmber, MapleStory, Battle of Destiny, Tibia, and Zero Online are just a few very popular 2d MMORPG's that are around now and are still very popular, doesnt have to be 3d as long as the gameplay and quality is good, i think anyone who still enjoys playing games like secret of mana, link to the past, legacy of goku, and chrono trigger will really like the style im going for in this game. bottom line is if you dont want to play it you dont have to, nobody is forcing you, either way the game is getting made and i can guarantee when i start sending out beta keys for the closed beta i bet people will want them and whether when the games live if either 20 people or 2000 people i will continue to do it as long as some people appreciate it and enjoy it.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 09:51:46 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say
why rehash 2d, well lets see maybe because i am 1 guy working on a game by myself atm. if you had any clue what it takes to do 3d modeling, then figure out collision detection, then doing it as a 1 man project would mean it would never get done, but doing 2d allows me by myself to have a working game that people could have fun playing by myself, and those people who appreciate it and give it a chance im sure will like it, the bigger it gets and the more people play the more likely i am to attract other people to expand and eventually completely change the engine and make it a 3d experience possibly, but even if not, again Pokemmo, Ragnarok, Dragon's Blade, Doom & Destiny, EverEmber, MapleStory, Battle of Destiny, Tibia, and Zero Online are just a few very popular 2d MMORPG's that are around now and are still very popular, doesnt have to be 3d as long as the gameplay and quality is good, i think anyone who still enjoys playing games like secret of mana, link to the past, legacy of goku, and chrono trigger will really like the style im going for in this game. bottom line is if you dont want to play it you dont have to, nobody is forcing you, either way the game is getting made and i can guarantee when i start sending out beta keys for the closed beta i bet people will want them and whether when the games live if either 20 people or 2000 people i will continue to do it as long as some people appreciate it and enjoy it.

Tell me why would people play your game when they can play DBOR?

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 09:52:33 AM »
    • View Profile
Please stop living in the past, and stop assuming. If you really want a game alot of people play remake the original DBO instead of that 2D garbage your making.

FYI all 2D games expect Mario are shit.

Really so final fantasy 1,2,3 are shit? chrono trigger is shit? legend of zelda? diablo 1 and 2? hell almost any android game? tell ya what why dont YOU "redo"the original DBO, or better yet program ANYTHING, please oh wise one...if its simple then why dont you do it? or you could just spend your time doing your homework and focus on school instead of trolling on someone more talented then yourself.

Post Merge: March 05, 2014, 09:54:58 AM
Tell me why would people play your game when they can play DBOR?

i would love to play DBOR, heres the difference i have shown proof of my game, all i have seen of DBOR is videos from the ORIGINAL DBO with the english GUI patch, i have seen no proof of any actual game footage.. as i stated if they pull it off thats great, but ive been working on my game for about 2 weeks and have already shown proof of functionality and proof of existence. since i have been on this forum for oh 4 months now i have seen no actual proof
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:54:58 AM by screamthepoetry »

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:22:10 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile

Post Merge: March 05, 2014, 09:54:58 AM
i would love to play DBOR, heres the difference i have shown proof of my game, all i have seen of DBOR is videos from the ORIGINAL DBO with the english GUI patch, i have seen no proof of any actual game footage.. as i stated if they pull it off thats great, but ive been working on my game for about 2 weeks and have already shown proof of functionality and proof of existence. since i have been on this forum for oh 4 months now i have seen no actual proof
It's like you're begging for a flame war.