Topic: Dragon Ball Super and Resurrection F  (Read 7368 times)

Dragon Ball Super and Resurrection F
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2015, 03:51:51 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Yes, DB as a whole is poorly written. Do you think I'm afraid to say that or something? It's true.

Most of the problem comes down with the scale of it. Do any of your examples directly result in the destruction of the Earth?

So you admit that you're cherry picking a single event to complain about it, attempting to scale this single movie as ruining the franchise, despite the fact that you ultimately admitted you consider the whole franchise as being poorly written?
Thank you for finally proving my point.

There was also an Ex-Machina, which the series uses constantly, sitting in the background, ergo ignoring said dumb writing.
That in of itself is pretty dumb, but again... the series uses it constantly.

And there's been some pretty dumb stuff that lead to a great deal of destruction throughout the franchise. Don't forget that Goku, who was hilariously stronger than Buu, allowed him to live... which lead to the eventual extinction of humanity.
Why? Because Gotenks.

Hell, immediately after Goku chose not to kill Buu, Buu goes on a rampage and begins slaughtering everyone on Earth just because he can. So, not only did Goku allow Buu to live out of plot convenience, but he basically told Buu to take away the one thing that kept him under control (Babidi). Then what did Buu do? He attacked cities. Hell, Goku himself blew up something like 1/3rd of the planet with a SSJ3 Kamehame-Ha that Buu knocked away.

Is it dumb? You bet. Do we love it despite it being dumb? Of course. Sometimes we love it for dumb stuff like that.
Can you honestly say that the whole plot point of Kuririn not having a nose, then shortly thereafter snorting boogers out of his non-existent nose isn't completely ridiculous? It's also really funny, especially since someone grilled Toriyama over this, and he simply refused to answer the question.

Either way, you admitted you think the whole series is on the side of stupid. You basically acknowledged that you cherry picked this single dumb moment in a franchise that is clearly kinda derpy just so you could complain. I'm satisfied.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2015, 03:53:57 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
So you admit that you're cherry picking a single event to complain about it, attempting to scale this single movie as ruining the franchise, despite the fact that you ultimately admitted you consider the whole franchise as being poorly written?
Thank you for finally proving my point.

There was also an Ex-Machina, which the series uses constantly, sitting in the background, ergo ignoring said dumb writing.
That in of itself is pretty dumb, but again... the series uses it constantly.

And there's been some pretty dumb stuff that lead to a great deal of destruction throughout the franchise. Don't forget that Goku, who was hilariously stronger than Buu, allowed him to live... which lead to the eventual extinction of humanity.
Why? Because Gotenks.

Hell, immediately after Goku chose not to kill Buu, Buu goes on a rampage and begins slaughtering everyone on Earth just because he can. So, not only did Goku allow Buu to live out of plot convenience, but he basically told Buu to take away the one thing that kept him under control (Babidi). Then what did Buu do? He attacked cities. Hell, Goku himself blew up something like 1/3rd of the planet with a SSJ3 Kamehame-Ha that Buu knocked away.

Is it dumb? You bet. Do we love it despite it being dumb? Of course. Sometimes we love it for dumb stuff like that.
Can you honestly say that the whole plot point of Kuririn not having a nose, then shortly thereafter snorting boogers out of his non-existent nose isn't completely ridiculous? It's also really funny, especially since someone grilled Toriyama over this, and he simply refused to answer the question.

Either way, you admitted you think the whole series is on the side of stupid. You basically acknowledged that you cherry picked this single dumb moment in a franchise that is clearly kinda derpy just so you could complain. I'm satisfied.
Gotenks is the worst character in all of DBZ, and the Buu saga isn't even good. I don't know why you're comparing the two when I dislike both.

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2015, 03:59:30 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Gotenks is the worst character in all of DBZ, and the Buu saga isn't even good. I don't know why you're comparing the two when I dislike both.

Because you acted like this was the first time Dragon Ball did something utterly absurd. As I said, you were cherry picking one issue. If the franchise were to be ruined by absurdity, it would have happened already.

As I said before. I'm satisfied.

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2015, 04:05:01 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Because you acted like this was the first time Dragon Ball did something utterly absurd. As I said, you were cherry picking one issue. If the franchise were to be ruined by absurdity, it would have happened already.

As I said before. I'm satisfied.
No I didn't. The Buu saga has existed for over a decade, I've already trashed it.

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2015, 04:15:39 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
No I didn't. The Buu saga has existed for over a decade, I've already trashed it.

And it didn't ruin the franchise. Hell, GT didn't ruin the franchise, and GT actually was awful.

I don't know why you're still trying to argue. I guess you just enjoy arguing without any real point.

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2015, 04:17:47 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
And it didn't ruin the franchise. Hell, GT didn't ruin the franchise, and GT actually was awful.

I don't know why you're still trying to argue. I guess you just enjoy arguing without any real point.
Because you keep mislabeling me.

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2015, 04:24:07 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Because you keep mislabeling me.

Please elaborate on this.