[July 20, 2017, 09:50:35 AM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 06:31:31 PM
    :r_flame:
  • Yesterday at 02:10:48 PM
    I don't know what this Patrick is, but it sounds like Yajirobe.
  • July 27, 2017, 02:28:45 AM
    :grin:
  • July 25, 2017, 06:24:14 AM
    [link]  :))
  • July 25, 2017, 02:31:39 AM
    Illidan, is that you?
  • July 25, 2017, 02:10:13 AM
    :r_worried:
  • July 24, 2017, 04:21:06 PM
    after 10,000 years im free! time to conquer earth!
  • July 24, 2017, 01:26:08 AM
    :r_worried: :r_annoyed:
  • July 23, 2017, 07:41:21 AM
    8)
  • July 22, 2017, 06:06:28 AM
    another one bites the dust... :yamcha:
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:14 AM
    ...Which was a pretty stupid idea in hindsight.
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:05 AM
    More like it's the first time I've bothered to clean since I moved in here.
  • July 21, 2017, 01:44:11 PM
    Nia's doing dust. Call the cops!
  • July 21, 2017, 03:40:19 AM
    :grin:
  • July 20, 2017, 09:31:29 PM
    weak...xD
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:58 PM
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:46 PM
    I inhaled a bunch of dust while cleaning and moving a bunch of junk around, so I'm sick.
  • July 20, 2017, 07:50:11 AM
    :vomit:
  • July 19, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
    Hey guys! coldy here hows everyone doing?
  • July 19, 2017, 06:16:14 PM
    :8000:
  • July 19, 2017, 02:34:09 AM
    :yamcha:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:29 AM
    :senzu:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:25 AM
    Your face is dead.
  • July 16, 2017, 09:57:03 AM
    ;)
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:53 AM
    YOOOOO
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:12 AM
    dead as naughtyword
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:30 AM
    ?*
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:24 AM
    Tried with net adapter repair, it will run through the basic fixes
  • July 16, 2017, 12:52:20 AM
    turned this sh*t off, went to sleep, got back the next day to have this damn problem
  • July 16, 2017, 12:51:40 AM
    i f*cking hate technology when it's b*tching around for no reason!

Topic: Pokemon Go Tips  (Read 1421 times)

Pokemon Go Tips
« on: July 13, 2016, 03:09:56 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Since Pokemon Go is quite the hype right now, but the mechanics are fairly hidden, I figured I'd share some basic tips with you all.

1. Don't waste Stardust and Candies early on.

If you think the Pokemon you caught on day one is the Pokemon you'll be using against Gyms and such, you're going to get destroyed.  The way it works, the higher your trainer level is, the higher level CP Pokemon you can find, and the overall limit of how strong they get will increase.  However, Pokemon you have already caught will not have this increase in CP limit, meaning they will end up much weaker than most stuff you will catch in higher levels.  In other words, save your Stardust and Candies until level 13 at the latest (or if you really need to evolve stuff for Pokedex entries), as that's when you'll be able to create a team strong enough to handle things like Gyms.

2. Check out a Gym before you challenge it!

You might be walking around a see a Gym with a 140 CP Pokemon and think "Wow, that's pathetic, I could beat that with ease!"  But before you do, make sure to check out the Gym SINCERELY.  Gyms can have multiple players inside a Gym, and each player's Pokemon is checkable.  However, you have to scroll to check out the other players, it won't show them all to you outright, it shows them individually.  As an example, I was walking around and saw a Gym with a 246 CP Raticate and thought "I can probably do this!".  But I was curious about if scrolling revealed anything, and found out that a 700ish Flareon and a 1000ish Vaporeon also were in the Gym, which would have destroyed me and benefited the opposing Gym.

3. Abuse Pokestops

Pokestops are your best friend.  They give you items, eggs, and Pokeballs for free, and are scattered around in typically important locations.  It might not be apparent out the gate, but these are a NECESSITY if you plan on playing the game without spending a dime.  Level ups late-game are a lot more difficult to obtain, and aren't dependable for Pokeball restock.

The good news is that Pokestops aren't once a day things, they reactivate about five minutes after use.  That means if you find a solid area with multiple Pokestops, you can do a pretty solid cycle and get continually items and exp.   

4. Don't hesitate to catch stuff you've already gotten!

You might be hesitant to waste Pokeballs on stuff you've already obtained or at low CP, but trust me, it's worth it in the long run.  You might not use it, but the candies and Stardust you obtain from each catch are very important, and will be very useful lategame.   Each Pokemon gets you 3 Candies, and transferring it to the professor gives you one as well, meaning each pathetic Pokemon you get still nets you 4 Candies and some Stardust, along with the exp.  In other words, as long as you have reliable Pokestops, don't hesitate to throw Pokeballs at whatever you see, you'll need it.

That's all for now.  If any of you have tips or have comments or questions, feel free to add it to this thread.  Later!

:peace:
We WILL Protect the Peace!

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 03:48:08 AM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I'm out of Poke balls completely..and there's not a lot of Poke stops in my location so I'm kinda screwed unless I go somewhere distant with a lot of pokestops.

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I'm out of Poke balls completely..and there's not a lot of Poke stops in my location so I'm kinda screwed unless I go somewhere distant with a lot of pokestops.

I was like that today. I have to walk about 2 blocks to get to the nearest Pokestop. My university has no stops either, but the university that is accross the street from mine has 9 and a gym. Today, I visited the university with 3 more friends and abused their Pokestops to get a bunch of stuff. We also went straight for the gym and took it, but by the time we were done walking through all the pokestops, they had taken back the gym... So we took it again! >:D

It's one hella fun of a game, if you ask me. The only problem is that my battery, which can hold out about day and a half without playing games, can only take about 2 hours of Pokemon Go gameplay. Other games don't drain even 1/4 of the battery Pokemon Go drains per minute. The only game that has a similar battery consumption is Dokkan Battle, and it drains about 1/2 as much as Pokemon Go.

1. Don't waste Stardust and Candies early on.

If you think the Pokemon you caught on day one is the Pokemon you'll be using against Gyms and such, you're going to get destroyed.  The way it works, the higher your trainer level is, the higher level CP Pokemon you can find, and the overall limit of how strong they get will increase.  However, Pokemon you have already caught will not have this increase in CP limit, meaning they will end up much weaker than most stuff you will catch in higher levels.  In other words, save your Stardust and Candies until level 13 at the latest (or if you really need to evolve stuff for Pokedex entries), as that's when you'll be able to create a team strong enough to handle things like Gyms.

I had already managed to deduce all those tips, but I didn't know about that one. I thought the CP of the pokemon I'd find was based on the average CP of my current ones or something.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 03:04:00 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
protip #1: you can turn battery saver on to reduce battery usage
protip #2: you have to turn this on after every start.
protip #3: this really only allows you to afk the game
protip #4: don't have bluetooth while you play
protip #5: apparently you can grab the maps for your local area by using the google maps app so you can save 20% more battery
protip #6: ?-??-?
protip #7: profit
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 03:47:13 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
protip #2: you have to turn this on after every start.

That explains why it kept disabling...
MarineCorps

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 12:16:02 AM »
    • View Profile
I feel like incense is much more useful for when you're idle or at home. Rather than when you're on the move. Would I be right...or?

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 01:03:33 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
I feel like incense is much more useful for when you're idle or at home. Rather than when you're on the move. Would I be right...or?

on paper, it reads as if that is 100% correct.
But, as i did a test with my sister the other night, she was getting 10% more pokemon appearing, than i was.
But i could catch them aswell, well sometimes.

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 03:58:11 AM »
    • View Profile
on paper, it reads as if that is 100% correct.
But, as i did a test with my sister the other night, she was getting 10% more pokemon appearing, than i was.
But i could catch them aswell, well sometimes.

That would make sense I guess.

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 04:13:58 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
I still use it at home since few Pokemon show up around here.  I'd say the one that attracts to Pokestops is more useful in the city.   Incense probably works better on the move, but it's also a good way to get work done while you're home as well. 
We WILL Protect the Peace!

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 08:11:46 AM »

Offline Mirrow

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Mirrow......Saiyan of Legend.......MC's Finest!
  • I am a: Fighter
I just caught a Nidorino!!! o(^_^)o

GUILD MARINE CORPS RECRUITING!!! PM  Mirrow (Me) or Jaryan TO JOIN!

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 08:18:09 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Soo they finaly make game where game force you to walk...

"Healthy game" since I bet all users of this game will walk at least 30 min per day.

#healthygameON #nomorefattypeople

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 08:55:36 AM »

Offline Mirrow

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

"Healthy game" since I bet all users of this game will walk at least 30 min per day.

Exactly I like the fact that you actually have to move around at least a little bit.

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 09:12:46 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

Actually, I only use it when I go out. As much as I like the game, I wouldn't just go for a walk just to play it.
MarineCorps

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master

I would like to say you're right, but people are still trying to get hacks or glitches to enable them to play the game without being active. I've even seen apps from watching videos on Youtube that change your location and it transfers onto Pokemon Go. It's pretty sad that people can't just use this as an opportunity to go outside.

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 03:39:42 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Actually, I only use it when I go out. As much as I like the game, I wouldn't just go for a walk just to play it.

I only play it with my brother and sister lmao, i'll make no effort to go play it on my own.

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 12:55:13 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I only play it with my brother and sister lmao, i'll make no effort to go play it on my own.

That's the best. Specially when you go with your friends (or family, in your case) and take over a gym together.
MarineCorps

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 05:17:19 AM »

Offline Mirrow

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

Exactly but its pretty easy to navigate

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 05:20:58 AM »

Offline Kaiza

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • A lesson without pain is meaningless.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster

For people like you who need pokestops in places that aren't visited often...

https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=319928

It's a request site to make a Pokestop in whatever location you wish. Obviously you need a good reasoning and such. But hey it's worth a try. I live in a place with plenty of Pokestops since I'm in the city. I would imagine more rural areas and less visited places having less Pokestops.
Peace is nothing but the result of war
Need a Sig? Follow me on DeviantArt here: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 07:22:50 AM »

Offline Caleb

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • "Get up, but don't ever give up. Never surrender!"
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I would like to say you're right, but people are still trying to get hacks or glitches to enable them to play the game without being active. I've even seen apps from watching videos on Youtube that change your location and it transfers onto Pokemon Go. It's pretty sad that people can't just use this as an opportunity to go outside.
Cant' argue with that. It's like, would it kill you to go outside? In the same amount of time that it would take for you to figure out how to get the system to work, you could have caught, i dunno, 10 pokemon? [I don't actually have it yet, my mobile provider won't let me update to the necessary I.O.S. :( ]
"You haven't figured it out yet? I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. I am the Super Saiyan!"

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 12:16:08 AM »

Offline SonKagu

• Shenron
  • Honor: 46 / 10
    • View Profile
Yeah game is great and all . BUT I CANT naughtyword PLAYING IT WHILE IN THE naughtyword ARMY . Well at least theres a pokestop i can farm nearby . waaah

Pokemon Go Tips
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 04:02:28 AM »

Offline Adrastos

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Human
The game is fun and all, but I think it should be made clear that it relies too heavily on your phone having a physical Gyroscope. If your phone does not have a Gyroscope, AR will not work, Battery Saver likely will not work, pinpointing Pokemon locations will either not work or will be very tricky as the screen will not turn automatically with you as it would if your phone had a Gyroscope.

Sadly, my phone is missing the Gyroscope, so fishing with my phone upside down in my pocket with headphones on will not work. If you are a night time hunter like me, you can remedy this a little if you turn your brightness down to 0% and turn off the music. During the day with brightness at 39%-45%, I will burn 20%-25% of my battery in 30 minutes, whereas at night with brightness at 0%, I will burn 10%-15% in 30 minutes based on activity.

Without a Gyroscope, you will get an error message while in AR mode and it will ask you to change to normal view.

Numerous time while having a Scyther or other Pokemon selected to track, the bar will flash green in mostly every direction.

All in all, it's still a fun game, but like others, I don't have a lot of stops around me, even being in a populated area.