Recent Topics

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 05:17:31 AM
    Ikr xD
  • Yesterday at 01:52:01 AM
    piccolo had a nice line too xD ... "Gohan, are you ok? Do you need some juice? Did you get in that school you wanted? NOOOOOOOO!!!"
  • January 17, 2017, 07:55:02 PM
    Your powerlevels probably as big as your motives
  • January 17, 2017, 02:47:23 PM
    What's your power level? Mine's pretty big.
  • January 17, 2017, 09:38:57 AM
    just watched it again...he's still damn cool...but so dumb...
  • January 14, 2017, 06:11:39 AM
    Pretty much sums up his character
  • January 13, 2017, 11:18:02 PM
    but sooo cool...
  • January 13, 2017, 09:40:32 PM
    But he is so dumb.
  • January 13, 2017, 01:17:58 PM
    He's so god damn cool
  • January 13, 2017, 08:31:52 AM
    Goku: Ask your mother
  • January 13, 2017, 08:31:39 AM
    Gohan: What's Sadism?
  • January 13, 2017, 07:58:49 AM
    nah...the full thing...was a little let down to see the voice for LSSJ Broly...that passive voice + LSSJ would've been muuuuch funnier xD
  • January 13, 2017, 07:22:10 AM
    Full movie? Not in parts? XD
  • January 13, 2017, 07:04:59 AM
    and the song at credits is also dope... xD
  • January 13, 2017, 07:00:26 AM
    *their
  • January 13, 2017, 07:00:17 AM
    tfs uploaded full broly movie on ther youtube channel...was dope xD
  • January 13, 2017, 05:21:59 AM
    eny news of the game dbor???
  • January 13, 2017, 05:21:30 AM
    whasup wasup wasup guys
  • January 12, 2017, 09:58:57 PM
    ...said the Gaylord of Gayland xD
  • January 12, 2017, 10:53:11 AM
    Y'all gay
  • January 11, 2017, 09:48:58 PM
    naughtyword WHAT?
  • January 11, 2017, 09:46:41 PM
    *maybe
  • January 11, 2017, 09:46:37 PM
    hmm...like 7...maye 8?
  • January 11, 2017, 09:44:02 PM
    naughtyword what?

Topic: Upgrade System and Cash Shop plans?  (Read 3370 times)

Upgrade System and Cash Shop plans?
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:51:23 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Viciouss da Zombie Raver
so...let's start talking.im ready to get insulted and honeslty idc.i talk with some friend and we think something i wanna share.
ps:is not about DBOR,since isnt out yet,i hope dumke will reply for know how he plan run dbo
dbo was a f2p game,and since that was milking money and use crappy f2p game system.i really like this game but i will changhe something,first of all is upgrade.stop say is more challanhing is more good is more long.it sux.upgrade in dbo was sucking.so i hope on a private server that downgrade of itmes will be removed,isnt right that i lose so,mething i earned.or you guys wanna do that downgrade will be prevented with white stones that ofc will be selled in cash shop and dropped 1 every 399999393747474839 mobs?
second thing;fly.stop selling those naughtyword scrolls and changhe the damned system for accelerate flying.im fine with AP pots in cash shop,but why buy scrolls for make fly faster.
third thing reset,make it until level 70 from npc,those hateful green boks are unuseful.
cash shop should be filled with autopots,upgrade stones,changhe name/guild and cosmetic and exp booster is fine too,mounts,pets,skills from pets.i will pay even 20 euros for a trunks dogi on a good server
sorry for bad english hope is understable.stop milking this game and make it enjoyable for everyone
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:54:01 PM by Luke[Dumke] »
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak
And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:59:43 AM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
I believe all those things you have mentioned will be fine-tuned upon release.

A lot of players, including myself feel the same way about those features and I do believe they will be adjusted.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 10:09:14 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
u cant imagine what i get told after i say that for upgrade or for resets in other forums.why some ppl wanna keep old shit things of dbo?is the player or they do it just for lick ass to GMs?(and like i say i doesnt talk about here since the game isnt out yet so i cant say nothing)i dont believe ppl like to cash items just for changhe build or for donìt brake the gear,it's not challenging is stupid.i will prefer that for example for upgrade gear from more to +10 you need a stone that is dropped only from UD6 boss (for example) this is fun and entertaining.or let's say a repetable once per day that if you do a random UD or a TMQ that changhe everyday u get a stone for upgrade,earn things and gamble for them is 2 different things,but this is just my opinion and idc of kiss asses of who run the server for get some incentive,i just say what i think,if admins do a good work i will give them a high five and buy costumes and support the server with all social and promotions things i can,because they deserve it,othervise i will always say what i dislike and what could be better,the fact i loved dbo doesnt mean i loved all of dbo,and i remember ppl swearing even in koreans when upgrade was fail or when was screw builds.ppl should stop be money naughtyword and do things for passions, i know server cost money but money can be earned even with costumes and other things.original dbo fail,why do same mistake twice?
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 10:18:34 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
Well really it should be like this:
1. Clear Dungeon with 10% chance to get white stone
2. Farm all other upgrade stones normaly

This way, you won't lose gear, since you will spam dg for white stones but yea your gear might get downgraded.

Downgrade should be based like this:
1. Normal stones(blue for armor and red for gloves and wep).
If you use this stone and you are not lucky, it will downgrade only for -1.
If you are lucky, it will upgrade for +1.
2. Higher upgrade stones(purple for gloves and wep and green for armor).
If you use this stone and you are not lucky, it will downgrade for -3.
If you are lucky, it will upgrade for +3.

Ofc, you would upgrade more than +8 (wep) and +6(armor) only if you have stack of white stones.

I think like this, upgrading will be harder yes but kinda worth it.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 10:29:21 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
i put it simple ,no
it's boaring do same thing over and over,and ppl LIKE ME(and trust me is a big part) will just dont want to do it and buy already upgraded items,play other games,invest time in other manner.downgrade is not needed.it was used in dbo for make you buy more stones and milk money.name me a good b2p game that use it that still open.no one.this system is used for korean mmos for make you invest money,isnt funny or challanging.look FFXIV anima weapon,that is very good system for upgrade,long challinging and good.u really like lose something u earned?do same thing over and over and stay always in the same level?perosnally i find it boaring and maybe i will try 2-3 times then unsintstall the game,and like me other millions persons.isnt funny,its frustrating.u knwo how i get my items on dbo?site like ebay i buyed my +12 armours for 30 euros or so and stop there,i spend 100 euros and was having my set ready for play.if i will cash i will need more money,even if i will grind.that system wasnt good and is surpassed,correct me if i m wrong but i dont know any single game of success that use that formula(cuz was maked just for make you milk the money)

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 10:36:50 AM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
u cant imagine what i get told after i say that for upgrade or for resets in other forums.why some ppl wanna keep old shit things of dbo?is the player or they do it just for lick ass to GMs?(and like i say i doesnt talk about here since the game isnt out yet so i cant say nothing)i dont believe ppl like to cash items just for changhe build or for donìt brake the gear,it's not challenging is stupid.i will prefer that for example for upgrade gear from more to +10 you need a stone that is dropped only from UD6 boss (for example) this is fun and entertaining.or let's say a repetable once per day that if you do a random UD or a TMQ that changhe everyday u get a stone for upgrade,earn things and gamble for them is 2 different things,but this is just my opinion and idc of kiss asses of who run the server for get some incentive,i just say what i think,if admins do a good work i will give them a high five and buy costumes and support the server with all social and promotions things i can,because they deserve it,othervise i will always say what i dislike and what could be better,the fact i loved dbo doesnt mean i loved all of dbo,and i remember ppl swearing even in koreans when upgrade was fail or when was screw builds.ppl should stop be money naughtyword and do things for passions, i know server cost money but money can be earned even with costumes and other things.original dbo fail,why do same mistake twice?

Trust me, I know where you are coming from. I almost lost multiple computer screens from the rage that built up from the upgrading system.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 10:47:19 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
ahahahah glad you understand me =)
anyway i think a system that encourage ppl do dunegons/tmq is very good,even for make the game never dead.
lets say that,its just a example eh,you can take a quest at level 70 that will make you do a UD or a tmq,u can take this quest only once per day,and this quest give you a pure stone.if upgrade will not have downgrade,i will do this quest everyday for try upgrade my gear.it's +9,who care if fail,will always stay the same i can try.evryday i will find my hour for play dbo,do my quest and try get all my gear to +15.ofc will take time,but who cares,soon or leater i will get it and once my item after 100 try will go +11 or +10 i will say oooooooooh finally lets go further now! and try again :) for who say all +15 will be unbalanced and bla bla,imo NO,will be more balanced,all with +15 gear,only skills will count

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 10:55:16 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I agree with Blaka.
For example if you buy some stones (i have never played DBO before but this is what i make up from you) and you want to upgrade your gear, and it downgrades, you will be very pissed off,, becouse you either payed for it or farmed a lot for it. So actually you have been wasting time and/or money. With some mechanics (has to be polished tho) from Blaka it feels a little more fair.

Perfect... another one of those guys.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 11:01:35 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
exaclty! this is what i was saying =) a more friendly and not based on luck but on rewarding upgrade system will make game better and more enjoyable for casual players,the perfect upgrade example is how FFXIV relic work

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 12:12:45 PM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
exaclty! this is what i was saying =) a more friendly and not based on luck but on rewarding upgrade system will make game better and more enjoyable for casual players,the perfect upgrade example is how FFXIV relic work

A lot of MMOs are taking this path at the moment. TERA did something similar and wouldn't punish the player by downgrading their gear if they weren't successful in the upgrade.

I do like your point on making older content such as TMQs relevant again. It will definitely increase the longevity of DBO.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 07:35:12 PM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
not only longevity of old contenet,but old player will do old contenet wil new player,is an advantage for both,how many time wasnt party for a dunegon or for a tmq?with this even old guy will help new guys and will be party for all everytime =D

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 08:03:46 PM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Ahhhhhh, upgrade system, the one system that made multiple of my friends quit DBO lmao. I do agree with blaka aswell, it does need a definite change. Losing something you've worked hard for, makes you really lose interest in playing or trying to get that same item again and over time if the same issue repeats itself, you just stop playing altogether. From what I read though, Keredvin said they're getting a tune-up, so I'm excited to see how they turn out.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 08:21:09 PM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
Upgrade/enhance systems.
Really many games that are "old" have this problems in those systems.
Haven't played DBO but from my Lineage 2 experience I have to say that these things are quite irritating.

I mean, you have to farm and grind like crazy for hours and maybe days. Just to craft a weapon, IF it succeeds(60% success in crafting it). Then enhance it with a possibility of getting crystals from the broken weapon with 66% chance(So about 33-34% of success in enhance). Not only regular scrolls for enhance are rare(takes hours to just drop one with a party of 5-6 people), but the "blessed" ones which instead of breaking the weapon they "just" downgrade it to +0, are almost impossible to be found by the average player(some bosses drop it at 1-5% rate, and require 2 parties of 5-7 at minimum. Higher bosses require about 4 parties of 8, again at minimum).

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 08:25:52 PM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
TBH i liked how DBOG did upgrading system
Break makes your gear upgrade go to 0
Fail made your upgrade -1 or 2
I think it worked cause...yes you get frustrated since the whole upgrade goes to 0 but you dont lose the gear in that way you made both sides happy those who thought that upgrade system is too hard on the player and those who love a more  hardcore challenge that the upgrading system gave back in the old game.
If you want to make both sides happy you will need to meet their demands somewhere in the middle!

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 02:01:55 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
to be honest i think dbog upgrade is pure trash,like the original dbo,and is done this way just for get money from white stones in cash shop.open your eyes guys

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 04:23:21 AM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
to be honest i think dbog upgrade is pure trash,like the original dbo,and is done this way just for get money from white stones in cash shop.open your eyes guys
How is that even relevant?This is DBOR they will find the other ways for us to obtain white stones through UD or TMQ or hell maybe they even make it so that white stones randomly drop from bosses and super's in the game, remember i said that their concept of upgrading is in my opinion legit since it gives both sides what they want.

Theres nothing to open eyes to you just think that DBOG team owes you something for some reason.What their business model is going to be in the end of the day is their decision since SPOILER FKING ALERT it's their project and their site, in the other hand what they did to get to where they are now is another topic for another time since there are some shady stuff regarding that story, if ya know what i mean ;)!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:29:03 AM by ColdHell »

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 07:52:19 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
Well if we set upgrade without downgrade, game will get boring fast.
You will get every gear MAX upgraded soon and have nothing to do.

Plus stats change box, I think everyone will be able to get them, will be cool too.
When you upgrade your gear, play with this to get stats you like aka max con, foc, dex and etc.

I think with little downgrade, white stones and upgrade system I posted above, will be good one.
When something is easy, it gets boring fast.

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 08:05:07 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
u think that upgrade system is maked for let you join the game or for make u use real money?open your eyes...
and is not boaring,is better than do the same thing over and over without see resultats...maybe u get lucky 1 time and get +11 but imagine if u farm for mounths and cant go pass +8 u will be happy and think upgrade doesnt need to changhe?

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 08:12:00 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
u think that upgrade system is maked for let you join the game or for make u use real money?open your eyes...
and is not boaring,is better than do the same thing over and over without see resultats...maybe u get lucky 1 time and get +11 but imagine if u farm for mounths and cant go pass +8 u will be happy and think upgrade doesnt need to changhe?

Yes, upgrade did make me happy. lol
Plus like I said before, downgrade won't be huge as it was back in DBO.

If you don't want huge downgrade, only upgrade with stones that upgrade +1.
Stack them a lot and prepare white stones soo you don't lose item.

I really don't see problem in this, it will just cost you a lot of upgrade stones and white stones.
Plus this is good thing for auction house, upgrade stones will be most wanted thing in AH.

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 01:29:16 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
what would be your ideal upgrade system, @Blaka ?
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 07:58:07 PM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
@dumke
remember the old one?not the one with the 3 cards
that,without broken or downgrade,fail stay the same but u lose the stone
without all those stones,just the pure and the normal,same for weapon or armour(just like old kr lvl 55 cap)
+12 for armour and +10 for weapons and for go further u will need core stone that u can obtain from dunegons and daily quests(a system simil of what i was saying before)
tell me if you not understand my english isnt the best tho
i take numbers +12 and +10 cuz for endgame dunegons u need that

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 08:22:58 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
@dumke
remember the old one?not the one with the 3 cards
that,without broken or downgrade,fail stay the same but u lose the stone
without all those stones,just the pure and the normal,same for weapon or armour(just like old kr lvl 55 cap)
+12 for armour and +10 for weapons and for go further u will need core stone that u can obtain from dunegons and daily quests(a system simil of what i was saying before)
tell me if you not understand my english isnt the best tho
i take numbers +12 and +10 cuz for endgame dunegons u need that

?
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 10:47:51 PM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
exactly something along those lines
fail can happen and item stay the same,but will use stones(like here)
broken removed(so no downgrade or loss of item)
u can do it with normal stones till let's say +12 weap and +10 armour (or +10 weap +8 armour,or +8 weap +6 armour but +8 and +6 is kinda low for some dunegon)
after that u will need core stone(green one in old cap,that was use for prevent break) for go further(those stones will be obtanable by dunegons or daily quests).
after +6 u was need 3 stones,after +8 4 stone after +10 5 etc(if i remember right)
upgrade can fail,but u will not have downgrade of your item but u will lose the stones
understand?

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 10:54:05 PM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
I think that no downgrade will just make it too easy. I am not sure though cause I've never played DBO. But something tells me that downgrade should still be an option.

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 11:08:26 PM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
I think that no downgrade will just make it too easy. I am not sure though cause I've never played DBO. But something tells me that downgrade should still be an option.

Exactly!

At some point the server will be flooded with high upgraded items. And this will f*ck up the ingame economy really hard. That's why i personally wouldn't change upgrade system. Well ok...maybe slightly but not too much and not to make it easy af! Upgrading back in DBO sucked. Trust me...i made more than enough experience and so did my guild mates and friends.

BUT thx to it, i never was bored cuz i always had something to do. Sucked when my weap/armor broke. And of course i got mad/angry and all like everyone else, but this way i had a reason to play. Cuz i wanted my weap/armor high upgraded to f*ck sh*t up!  >:D
And at the end i had success..was a hard way tho aaaand worth it!

Do you know that awesome feeling when you kill others in PvP, knowing you put much more time into your EQ than them...feeling the feel of your opponent as he's losing the light in his eyes?  >:D ::)
EAT SH*T muhahahahahhahahaha  :)) :grin:

Anyways...the game was more than easy enough. No need to kill off the last bit of challenge.

*click for original size*