i friken hate that mr popo face
  • Today at 05:55:25 AM
    yep popo is scary, appearing to my screen like that creepy laugh
  • Today at 04:47:50 AM
    but niiiice...i like it hahahaha  :peace:
  • Today at 04:47:20 AM
    awwww damn you popos face appeared fullscreen xD
  • Today at 03:30:48 AM
    i'm being haunted by Mr.Popo....fuuuuu....chance of survival: wat?
  • Today at 03:30:01 AM
    was listening to some music and then suddenly i hear this one [link] ...loud cuz my volume was a little louder than usual. scared the sh*t out of me hhahahaha aaand it was DBOR tab! 100% sure.
  • Today at 02:34:47 AM
    No clue man
  • Today at 02:31:27 AM
    ummm...Luke...i just heard Mr.Popos laugh on dbor forum ? xD
  • Today at 02:29:07 AM
    he couldn't deal with the fact that i'm not there anymore  :deal:
  • Yesterday at 11:46:58 PM
    I can't remember the reason, ayy
  • Yesterday at 11:19:43 PM
  • Yesterday at 11:07:21 PM
    iceman was done with it
  • Yesterday at 10:10:30 PM
    What on Earth happened to PrideWarriors?!
  • Yesterday at 09:54:29 PM
  • Yesterday at 07:15:59 PM
    Probably, Black has a scythe now
  • Yesterday at 07:15:07 PM
    Popo blocked my screen xD
  • Yesterday at 11:16:54 AM
    What the naughtyword was that Popo
  • Yesterday at 08:33:50 AM
    aaaand i'm not really sure if zamasu is still immortal after fusing with black...but if so, Vegito will have to use the mafuba *yaaay* ...and if he is not immortal anymore it will end up as usual: m-m-m-m-monster kill by SSJB Vegito
  • Yesterday at 08:31:25 AM
    would actually make sense since Goku and Vegeta won't have a chance against fused zamasu....also we have the kaioshins there who, as rumors say, could make vegito happen by giving goku and vegeta their earrings....makes also sense...
  • Yesterday at 08:29:55 AM
    sooo...i heard rumors about the appearance of Vegito ...SSJBlue Vegito...anyone else who heard about that?
  • Yesterday at 08:04:55 AM
    Ah. 25th in the US, 28th in the EU, and oddly enough November 2nd in Japan.
  • Yesterday at 08:03:34 AM
    I think XV2 comes out on the 28th internationally.
  • Yesterday at 07:41:33 AM
    wow that popo freaked me out... How dare you, stare into my soul like that... Huh? Wh...What are you doing? I Didn't mean it like that NOOOOOOOOoooooo.....

Topic: Best Video Game OSTs?  (Read 657 times)

Best Video Game OSTs?
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Alright, so we've had a few threads in the past involving video game music, but nothing in this vein that I can remember. What are the best pieces of music you've heard in a video game? What games have the best OSTs in general? Feel free to post links to songs on YouTube and the like.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 26 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Ohhhhhh boy, here it all comes.

So, this one's a bit weird as while I don't think it's one of the best OSTs, this one means a lot to me.  I don't know why, but whenever I played the game and listened to this song, it gives me a somewhat sad, yet cheerful feeling.  I often listened to this song when I got depressed.

Yet another great piece I love to listen to.  11 PM on Animal Crossing was my favorite time in the entire game, almost simply because of this song.  It's so peaceful and calm, I can't help but love it.

This is not just for this song, but the entirety of Legacy of Goku's 2 soundtrack.  I absolutely love this stuff.  I recommend at least trying out the music if you haven't heard, heck I recommend trying out the game if you haven't!   

I know not everyone is fond of the Maplestory MMO, but I still think the music is pretty good as a whole, Nightmare being possibly my favorite.  I love the strange otherworldly feel it gives.

I'd keep going but I feel like I'd crowd up this thread.  I'll stop for now, it's tough because I have so many favorites that it's hard for me to pin down just a few "best". X)   I'll leave the more technical and "perfect" songs to the gamers that have a higher standard than I do (lookin' at you, Nia).
We WILL Protect the Peace!

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hacker / cracker : Knowledge is free We are Legion
  • I am a: Grand Chef
here I bring you the sound track of this I magnify game that I played in their day  ^-^ .[/youtube]]

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 02:42:09 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
  • Honor: 15 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Thought I'd shoot my way out, mix things up a bit.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
So, lets see here...

Edit:  Oh yeah, forgot something XCOM related
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:00:32 PM by vating »

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Game osts eh? Lets see.

I think that almost every Lineage II OST that I remember is awesome. So here is one of them.

(Also pretty much my favorite town to visit as I play the game. Even if the town is just a place for mid-low level players)

I always kinda loved Street Fighter. Though I never owned a SF title(However a friend of mine had the Anniversary Collection for the ps2, but that was like 8 years ago). And now I got my Capcom vs SNK 2 game so I guess that works too. So here is one of my favorite ones from the series.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I was between Chun-li's theme and Guile's. But I guess since I always liked Chun-Li I couldn't help myself. Here is Guile's theme.

(Could only found the extended one of the version I like)

And last. FFX. So many good OSTs. However I figured that I would make the list somewhat sort, so I resorted in 1 OST per game.

FFX is the game that not only got me into Final Fantasy, but into the JRPG genre as a total. I can still remember when I first played FFX and saw the intro in Zanarkand with Tidus.

I putted OSTs only from 2-3 games that I played or owned(and only 1 per game), otherwise I would make a post that would take 2 minutes to scroll from top to bottom, without even reading it. Man I left so many games and OSTs out of this...
I guess I will make another post later :P

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 06:05:32 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 167 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email:

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 08:47:07 PM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.

Perfect... another one of those guys.

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 08:50:33 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
From games i've played recently.

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 04:04:03 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 25 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Got a problem? Blow it up. Problem gone.
Although I really love Undertale's OST, someone beat me to post it so I'll make due with other few OSTs I love.

Spoiler for Hidden:

I love the music in this game, but I don't know if it's actually good, or if it's just because I spent so many hours playing it as a kid (mostly because I was a kid and found the puzzles to be really, really hard back then).

Outside of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (and my next mention), all I can think of are these two songs from BattleBlock Theater. They're... You'll see. There're no words to describe what you're about to listen.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Now, here's the OST I love the most, or rather, the OSTs. There's a lot of songs from multiple games so I'll just post one here. The music from the Zelda universe is just... I love most (if not all) of those songs. If you wanna listen to them, there's a site called ZREO (Zelda Reochestrated) that has a, like the name suggests, reorchestrated version of many songs in the Legend of Zelda history.

I've struggled to find a particular one to mention, but probably this might be it:

My particular favorites are the OoT ones, probably because it's the only Zelda game I've fully cleared multiple times, so my attachment to that game and the music in it is unparalleled, compared to how much I like the music in other games.

Overall, I usually don't pay attention to music in games. If I don't notice it, that basically means I'm liking it. If I do notice, it's either just way too freaking good or so bad I can't avoid being bothered by it. Although, in the past few years I've started to pay more attention to game OSTs for some reason. Probably people here in the forums talking about it?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:43:47 AM by Tofu »
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 04:10:19 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 74 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I'd better not post them all (I'd be here all day), but I'll pick out some great ones.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Starting with Persona 3 (and even touching back in history with the remake of P1), there's just something unexpected about the franchise's music. It has so much diversity, so much style, and yet never feels out of place. Props to Shoji Meguro for being able to both use the type of music you'd expect from a JRPG... and also using music you would never expect from a JRPG.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Say what you will about Final Fantasy these days, or even FFXIII in particular, but I don't think you can say it's soundtrack wasn't gorgeous.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Not only was White Knight Chronicles II a criminally underrated game, but it's sad that it doesn't get more praise for it's soundtrack. Especially the English version's AMAZING vocal themes (which are excellently dubbed versions of the Japanese themes, but Cindy Alexander's performance is just so damn good).
Hearing The Battlefield Flower playing over the final bosses adds so much to the atmosphere, and it was even better during the Vellgander battle online, with you and five other players putting down Emperor Madoras once and for all in an massive showdown, an experience I doubt many players can experience because they shut down the servers. R.I.P. WKC2, you beautiful JRPG MMO hybrid.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Like Persona, it's the franchise, not just one game. Can anyone deny that Sonic almost always has amazing music? Oh, sure you have a few like Sonic Boom (the Wii U/3DS game, not the theme to the US version of Sonic CD) that have terrible music, but the majority of the franchise sounds amazing.
Why did I pick With Me as an example? 'Cuz I've never even played that game, I don't really want to play that game, and I'll probably never play that game and that song is still amazing.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Again, much like Sonic, Megaman almost always has music that simply sounds amazing. From the original NES games, to the PlayStation classics, and even the DS titles, almost all of them have such great OSTs.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Resident Evil has had it's fair share of mixed opinions, especially when it comes to Resident Evil 6. But that game has an amazing orchestral soundtrack. Say what you will about the game, but much like FFXIII, if you think the music is bad, you should be ashamed.

Especially when this exists:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Yep... the Dual Shock version of the original Resident Evil is rather infamous for taking a beautiful, creepy soundtrack and turning it into... hilarity. This particular song is understandably referred to as the "Song of Farts" by fans.
I dare you to not laugh. You will never unhear this.

There's a lot of others I could put on this list, but I don't wanna be here all day (and this already took longer than I meant for it to).

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Age of Wushu has some of hands down the best soundtracks i've ever heard in a game... just absolutely beautiful!

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 03:22:17 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 26 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin

We WILL Protect the Peace!

Best Video Game OSTs?
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 04:15:36 AM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo

Oh. FFIII. Haven't played it for years. Thanks for reminding me the game.

Now for some more OSTs. :)
Again I will just post 1 OST per game. Though like this I am discarding many good OSTs... Anyway.

Dragon Quest. Oh man. I loved that game so much. Putted over 80 hours in it and still haven't started the post-first-ending game. One of my favorite games. And it's OST is awesome. Maybe my favorite game so far in the ps2, along with FFX.

Now lets see. After 20 minutes of just listening to Dragon Quest OSTs. I finally move on.
So the day before yesterday I was in a friends house playing Ninja Storm 2. While I was getting beaten almost in every fight(I did won 2 or three matches, but my friend had a score of 220 wins and 30 loses in online, so I believe I am justified). I sat there and listened to the OSTs. And man I was blown from the awesomeness of it. Here is an example.

And I come to the most recent game I have played(Well... Almost). Guild Wars 2. This game has not only good gameplay and story. But the music is so awesome too.

Running around as a Human Elementalist with expertise in Fire Magic. So awesome.