Iamsofunny
  • Yesterday at 09:55:47 PM
    Heh... Get it?
  • Yesterday at 09:55:42 PM
    Summer in Germany is not cool...
  • Yesterday at 09:35:52 PM
    :r_flame:
  • Yesterday at 09:32:04 PM
    it's so hot where i live...i might die before i see dbor release. I f*cking hate summer in Germany! :superangry: :r_flame: :vomit: :bruh: :yamcha:
  • Yesterday at 03:44:21 AM
    PROST!!!
  • May 24, 2017, 08:09:46 AM
    :juggs:
  • May 23, 2017, 12:48:14 AM
    OMG Luffy.... YOU ARE SO CORRECT ON THAT. 1st gen was the best.
  • May 22, 2017, 09:00:57 AM
    yea man, digimon was nice...especially Gen 1  :derp:
  • May 22, 2017, 05:03:50 AM
    XY were crap in comparison to Sun and Moon. Gen 7 was much more enjoyable to play, and longer too
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:54 AM
    As for Pokemon. I did like X before I lost it. Though I'm not the biggest poke fan. The games are fun
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:20 AM
    I was looking at Monster Hunter, the DLC always looks cool. The game looks complicated though
  • May 21, 2017, 10:36:38 PM
    Monster hunter
  • May 21, 2017, 12:39:08 PM
    How many time dumkyyyy i wanna help you
  • May 21, 2017, 07:53:24 AM
    Go with Pokemon Sun/Moon. :)
  • May 21, 2017, 04:01:23 AM
    :holdit: Dumke...gimme the DBOR
  • May 20, 2017, 11:31:11 PM
    gmes relased mid 2016 onwards. .. preferably ones people still play online
  • May 20, 2017, 10:10:47 PM
    Define new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 06:49:51 PM
    Greetings
  • May 20, 2017, 03:22:32 PM
    Hello
  • May 20, 2017, 08:44:05 AM
    Also, anyone got any game recomendations for 3ds? Preferably new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 08:43:26 AM
    Darn it! I wanted people to EX fuse with..
  • May 20, 2017, 08:10:18 AM
    DUMKYYYYYYYY
  • May 19, 2017, 01:48:49 PM
    I don't play it much anymore, but i have it.

Topic: The other Earthling Races?  (Read 1197 times)

The other Earthling Races?
« on: July 03, 2016, 09:30:40 AM »
    • View Profile
  • "Destiny is not by chance, it is by choice."
As we are all aware, on the Earth of Dragon Ball, Humanity is but one of many sentient races on the planet. Though humans hold the most populace and are the majority, let us not forget that both humans and the animal races are ruled by King Furry (The blue dog dude, who's awesome btw! He remembers the King Piccolo Saga!)

Sure, it's now probably one of his descendants ruling, but that's beside the point.

Though this is a far fetched (or is it?) idea and most likely wouldn't be implemented any time soon, here's the question of the day.

What would YOU think of being one of the animal races in DBO? What would their classes be? Which race would you want to try out? It's pretty clear the animal races are everywhere like humans in DBO.

To simplify it, I think the animal races would be considered once race as a whole for gameplay, and then the customization would just change the appearance of the animal you want to be. Like a dog, pig, bunny, etc.

And maybe a Shapeshifter class! Though the mechanics of how it would work are beyond me.

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Animals would likely be just a new skin option for the human race, as in character creation, though the shapeshifting I think would be too difficult to implement.  Not a bad idea though.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I hate to be that one stick in the mud, especially to such an interesting suggestion, but this wouldn't be possible to implement at all because it would require changing up DBO's storyline and explaining why and how Animal people are fighting to defend history and time from mira along with the Namkeians, Humans, and Majins and as if I remember correctly, dumke said they weren't allowed to change up the storyline due to copyright reasons. Plus, even if it were possible, what transformation would they have in general? the shiftshaping thing couldn't possibly work.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 12:11:20 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
I hate to be that one stick in the mud, especially to such an interesting suggestion, but this wouldn't be possible to implement at all because it would require changing up DBO's storyline and explaining why and how Animal people are fighting to defend history and time from mira along with the Namkeians, Humans, and Majins and as if I remember correctly, dumke said they weren't allowed to change up the storyline due to copyright reasons. Plus, even if it were possible, what transformation would they have in general? the shiftshaping thing couldn't possibly work.

While it is true that the story doesn't mention animals directly, animal people DO exist in the Dragon Ball universe.  In fact, I'm pretty sure some exist in DBO.  They've lived among regular humans for quite some time (original Dragon Ball even), and seem to be accepted as ordinary citizens.  Not that I don't think there would be complications, but I don't think story would be a huge deal as long as you just included them along with the humans.  The complications would probably be in a lot of other areas though.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 01:26:29 PM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
While it is true that the story doesn't mention animals directly, animal people DO exist in the Dragon Ball universe.  In fact, I'm pretty sure some exist in DBO.  They've lived among regular humans for quite some time (original Dragon Ball even), and seem to be accepted as ordinary citizens.  Not that I don't think there would be complications, but I don't think story would be a huge deal as long as you just included them along with the humans.  The complications would probably be in a lot of other areas though.
I'm aware that they've lived among the citizens like regular people, but adding them story wise would still be a complication. Like I said, it would require adding them into the story line, which absolutely cannot be done. The team can only add updates, that most likely don't involve having to change the story line whatsoever, because they aren't allowed to do so. I see where you're coming from though, but sadly the story line plays the main part in whether such a suggestion like this can be added or not.

Edit: Also, if by "adding them in with the humans" you meant referring to them aswell when you're referring to the human race, I can't see that working. If they're referred to as the human race too, I'm assuming they would have to be in the human character customization options when you're creating a character. Because it kinda wouldn't make sense to refer to them as humans but then give them a whole different character customization option. If this isn't what you meant by that, then my bad. Feel free to ignore this edit if that is the case. Anywho with this message I shall go sleep, I've been awake way too long lol.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:30:40 PM by Tensa »
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 03:09:39 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
I'm aware that they've lived among the citizens like regular people, but adding them story wise would still be a complication. Like I said, it would require adding them into the story line, which absolutely cannot be done. The team can only add updates, that most likely don't involve having to change the story line whatsoever, because they aren't allowed to do so. I see where you're coming from though, but sadly the story line plays the main part in whether such a suggestion like this can be added or not.

Edit: Also, if by "adding them in with the humans" you meant referring to them aswell when you're referring to the human race, I can't see that working. If they're referred to as the human race too, I'm assuming they would have to be in the human character customization options when you're creating a character. Because it kinda wouldn't make sense to refer to them as humans but then give them a whole different character customization option. If this isn't what you meant by that, then my bad. Feel free to ignore this edit if that is the case. Anywho with this message I shall go sleep, I've been awake way too long lol.

Being in the human customization was kind of what I was thinking, it would be more of a skin change than an actual gameplay change.  I figured just adding the option in wouldn't necessarily be a big enough deal to change the story, or the text could simply be changed to "Earthlings" instead of "Humans" to clarify confusion.  Once again though, I am very aware of complications, I just don't consider it impossible.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 06:06:24 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 76 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
There's one issue with this...
The Super-Saiyajin transformation.

...Unless the decendants of Goku and Vegeta were into furries (which, let's face it... with the Oozaru transformations and all, is admittedly a possibility).

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 06:19:38 AM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
...Unless the decendants of Goku and Vegeta were into furries (which, let's face it... with the Oozaru transformations and all, is admittedly a possibility).

You never know. You never know....

It would be a blast running around as a fox though.
I vote for SSJ Fox...

Jokes aside, I think that this could be considered by the team if it would be only a skin(But then comes the problem with the text/translation), after getting the game up and running of course.

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 07:08:07 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚

I vote for SSJ Fox...

Jokes aside, I think that this could be considered by the team if it would be only a skin(But then comes the problem with the text/translation), after getting the game up and running of course.

Don't forgot about the SSJ transformation like Nia had stated. If by chance Goku and Vegeta had a thing for furries, then that'd be superbly odd but could work in a way I suppose.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 07:49:29 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 76 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master

I vote for SSJ Fox...

Admit it, you immediately thought of this.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 07:56:46 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.

That is genius.

I don't think the ssj transformations would be a problem, you can just turn the skin/fur/hide/leather bags whatever goldish and maybe a bit spiky/longer.

Perfect... another one of those guys.

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 08:19:20 AM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo

I admit it. I'll admit that I though of knuckles as a human with Kai-o-ken too...

Goddammit Nia. It's like you were in my head...

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 09:43:03 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Yep, if somehow I could pick what animal I would be, then...

I would shit on everyone at Korin Plat... lol

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 02:47:24 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.

MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 05:19:15 AM »
    • View Profile
  • "Destiny is not by chance, it is by choice."

It does have a clear distinction of beauty and grace...

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 10:47:03 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.

Basically this...

Perfect... another one of those guys.

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 11:16:45 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight

Basically this...