Iamsofunny
  • Yesterday at 09:55:47 PM
    Heh... Get it?
  • Yesterday at 09:55:42 PM
    Summer in Germany is not cool...
  • Yesterday at 09:35:52 PM
    :r_flame:
  • Yesterday at 09:32:04 PM
    it's so hot where i live...i might die before i see dbor release. I f*cking hate summer in Germany! :superangry: :r_flame: :vomit: :bruh: :yamcha:
  • Yesterday at 03:44:21 AM
    PROST!!!
  • May 24, 2017, 08:09:46 AM
    :juggs:
  • May 23, 2017, 12:48:14 AM
    OMG Luffy.... YOU ARE SO CORRECT ON THAT. 1st gen was the best.
  • May 22, 2017, 09:00:57 AM
    yea man, digimon was nice...especially Gen 1  :derp:
  • May 22, 2017, 05:03:50 AM
    XY were crap in comparison to Sun and Moon. Gen 7 was much more enjoyable to play, and longer too
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:54 AM
    As for Pokemon. I did like X before I lost it. Though I'm not the biggest poke fan. The games are fun
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:20 AM
    I was looking at Monster Hunter, the DLC always looks cool. The game looks complicated though
  • May 21, 2017, 10:36:38 PM
    Monster hunter
  • May 21, 2017, 12:39:08 PM
    How many time dumkyyyy i wanna help you
  • May 21, 2017, 07:53:24 AM
    Go with Pokemon Sun/Moon. :)
  • May 21, 2017, 04:01:23 AM
    :holdit: Dumke...gimme the DBOR
  • May 20, 2017, 11:31:11 PM
    gmes relased mid 2016 onwards. .. preferably ones people still play online
  • May 20, 2017, 10:10:47 PM
    Define new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 06:49:51 PM
    Greetings
  • May 20, 2017, 03:22:32 PM
    Hello
  • May 20, 2017, 08:44:05 AM
    Also, anyone got any game recomendations for 3ds? Preferably new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 08:43:26 AM
    Darn it! I wanted people to EX fuse with..
  • May 20, 2017, 08:10:18 AM
    DUMKYYYYYYYY
  • May 19, 2017, 01:48:49 PM
    I don't play it much anymore, but i have it.

Topic: ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY TRAILER  (Read 1922 times)

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY TRAILER
« on: April 08, 2016, 04:17:37 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Go ahead, make my day
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY

Bob Marley - "Herb is the healing of a nation"
Bruce lee - "Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all of the heavenly glory"

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 04:24:47 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
When I first saw this ad, I thought it was a video game or something, but after seeing the actual trailer...it's an interesting move for sure.  It piqued my interest at least.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 05:08:33 AM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
  • Honor: 15 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Thought I'd shoot my way out, mix things up a bit.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I've known about it for at least a year now, it was announced a month or two after episode seven along with the Han Solo movie set in 2018.  I'm a massive Star Wars nerd, so I'm all the way hyped.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 09:46:57 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Just because I don’t think anyone else will address it, I gotta talk about the elephant in the room: isn’t it a bit odd that we’re getting two Star Wars films in a row with female leads?

Now, there’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just really unusual. Let me back up and explain. Part of the reason Disney bought Star Wars (and Marvel) is because their merchandise sold really well, but disporotionately to a female demographic because so much of it is based on Disney Princesses and such. Since basically every children’s toy (barring maybe certain LEGO sets with no accompanying plot or licensed material) tends to be marketed toward one sex or another, they figured they were losing out on the male demographic and needed to make up for that.

You could say that they feel a need to market toward women or whatever, sure, but I don’t think that’s actually an issue because women don’t have a problem with liking things “for boys”. Women show up by the dozen for superhero movies and the biggest Star Wars fans I’ve ever met were female. Meanwhile, the inverse is definitely true -- men tend to avoid things made with a female demographic in mind, and those that do like things like them are generally quiet about how much they enjoy them. I obviously don’t think Star Wars is in any danger of falling into that pitfall, I’m simply acknowledging it exists.

It just strikes me as odd, because a male lead seems like a more logical choice from a merchandising perspective.

Also, I think this movie is largely going to be pandering to people who can’t get over how much they love the original trilogy and exists for that reason alone, knowing it’ll draw in legions of nostalgic fans. I’m mostly interested in seeing if it’ll keep true to its promise of being morally gray and actually present the rebels as the filthy terrorists they are.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Also, I think this movie is largely going to be pandering to people who can’t get over how much they love the original trilogy and exists for that reason alone, knowing it’ll draw in legions of nostalgic fans. I’m mostly interested in seeing if it’ll keep true to its promise of being morally gray and actually present the rebels as the filthy terrorists they are.
Or they're targeting fanboys like myself who will watch anything if they stick Star Wars on it.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 10:44:41 AM »

Offline Kaiza

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • A lesson without pain is meaningless.
Or they're targeting fanboys like myself who will watch anything if they stick Star Wars on it.

Geezus that basically sums up my thoughts about this lol.

Don't get me wrong though, I love star wars and SW universe. I just think they should let SW die peacefully instead of making other movies in its name.

But hey, chances are I'm going to see Rogue One anyway.
Peace is nothing but the result of war
Need a Sig? Follow me on DeviantArt here: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 01:34:38 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Just because I don’t think anyone else will address it, I gotta talk about the elephant in the room: isn’t it a bit odd that we’re getting two Star Wars films in a row with female leads?

Now, there’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just really unusual. Let me back up and explain. Part of the reason Disney bought Star Wars (and Marvel) is because their merchandise sold really well, but disporotionately to a female demographic because so much of it is based on Disney Princesses and such. Since basically every children’s toy (barring maybe certain LEGO sets with no accompanying plot or licensed material) tends to be marketed toward one sex or another, they figured they were losing out on the male demographic and needed to make up for that.

You could say that they feel a need to market toward women or whatever, sure, but I don’t think that’s actually an issue because women don’t have a problem with liking things “for boys”. Women show up by the dozen for superhero movies and the biggest Star Wars fans I’ve ever met were female. Meanwhile, the inverse is definitely true -- men tend to avoid things made with a female demographic in mind, and those that do like things like them are generally quiet about how much they enjoy them. I obviously don’t think Star Wars is in any danger of falling into that pitfall, I’m simply acknowledging it exists.

It just strikes me as odd, because a male lead seems like a more logical choice from a merchandising perspective.

The female lead thing struck me recently too, but chances are the female lead from the Force Awakens is going to be staying the main lead for awhile.  It might be for the sake of focusing on diversity to please that crowd.  Keep in mind the main characters of Force Awakens are a white female and black male.  But yeah, it did feel sorta strange.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 08:34:35 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Formerly known as Rhamus,Harkat,ZFighter in DBO TW
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin

Very good points

I had plenty of gripes with TFA the first time I saw it. After the second time watching it in theater's i realized it wasn't that bad, just was disappointed they rehashed the original story to appeal to the fans and nostalgia. That being said these movies have a lot of promise.

The female's being the main protagonists in now back to back Starwars films is a little disappointing to me. I have no problem with Rey in fact I love Daisy Ridley and her character. However this being another female lead role disappoints me because I feel like its more about being politically correct than so much about the best lead role choice. Too many wanna be Katniss Everdeens these days. Maybe I am wrong but I always felt at least specifically with the originals there was good character balance between the group between Luke, Leia, and Han. Obviously it revolved around the Skywalkers the first 6 movies but I never felt like it catered only towards males.

Also already not impressed with Forest Whitaker being in the movie with I guess a missing leg or something and the Asian guy (who might be blind) fighting stormtroopers with a pole was stupid looking. I know they are stormtroopers and usually miss everything but why get your ass kicked with a pole instead of just shooting the guy...lol

I had and still do have a lot of hope for this movie but the trailer just looked like another Hunger Games/Maze Runner movie with a Starwars theme. Hopefully it isn't. Naturally I will not miss opening weekend because it is Starwars which I have loved since I first got my aunt's old box set when I was 2 back in the early 90's. My big hope with this movie though is they act like Vader is MIA all movie and the Rebels think they are kicking ass and he shows up at the end and slaughters everyone. That would let me leave the movies happy :)

I am really excited for the possible Boba Fett movie that could be coming out that has a ton of promise, however I do not agree with the Han Solo movie at all. I feel no one is worth enough to fill the shoes of Harrison Ford and frankly I don't want to see who Disney attempts to cast for the role of a young Han Solo. They should drop that and focus maybe more on a Vader story before episode 4, maybe him hunting down Jedi in other reaches of the galaxy or something along the lines of The Force Unleashed.

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 09:10:58 AM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I saw this coming after The Force Awakens did so well. Not surprised at all. Can't wait to see it  :D

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 05:54:23 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
My big hope with this movie though is they act like Vader is MIA all movie and the Rebels think they are kicking ass and he shows up at the end and slaughters everyone. That would let me leave the movies happy :)

If you can remember correctly, at Episode IV: A New Hope, they say they stole the plans of the Death Star and I think they also mention how they lost many people to get it. Eventually it is revealed that Vader let them take the plans as part of a strategy to beat the rebels.

What I was told since The Force Awakens released, is that this movie is based on the group that stole the plans for the Death Star. I'm pretty sure I read something about an official announcement about a short appearance of Vader in the movie, but there's no info on his role.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 11:05:22 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
What I was told since The Force Awakens released, is that this movie is based on the group that stole the plans for the Death Star. I'm pretty sure I read something about an official announcement about a short appearance of Vader in the movie, but there's no info on his role.
Correct about what it's about, though I'm not sure about the Vader part.  Also, this movie has been common knowledge since before TFA, but only the crazy Star Wars fans who follow everything Star Wars would know.

Schedule for Star Wars movies:
-2015: Episode 7
-2016: Rogue One
-2017: Episode 8
-2018: Han Solo Movie (hype!)
-2019: Episode 9

That's what Disney has announced so far.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 06:34:52 AM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY

feminism everywhere!

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Correct about what it's about, though I'm not sure about the Vader part.  Also, this movie has been common knowledge since before TFA, but only the crazy Star Wars fans who follow everything Star Wars would know.

Schedule for Star Wars movies:
-2015: Episode 7
-2016: Rogue One
-2017: Episode 8
-2018: Han Solo Movie (hype!)
-2019: Episode 9

That's what Disney has announced so far.

They said there's gonna be another anthology movie like Han Solo's on 2020, but we don't know who it's gonna be about yet.

About the trailer, which I didn't talk about earlier... I a bit hyped for it. I like the concept of a movie with no light-sabers or force users, no "magic". Just guns, soldiers, rebels, war conflicts, all that stuff. I really like the concept and I'm looking forward to this movie, but I lost my Star Wars fanaticism many years ago so I'm just, like I said, looking forward to it, but not too excited either.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 12:52:32 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
  • I am a: Dark Warrior
The only problem I have with the female lead is that it makes it harder for me to identify myself with the main character, but heh.

It did remind me of Hunger Games a little, but I doubt it's gonna be anything similar to it (pls). Also the "I rebel" line was cringy.
"I will make you and everyone in this village recognize me, for one day... I will be hokage!"-Deadpool