Recent Topics

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 05:17:31 AM
    Ikr xD
  • Yesterday at 01:52:01 AM
    piccolo had a nice line too xD ... "Gohan, are you ok? Do you need some juice? Did you get in that school you wanted? NOOOOOOOO!!!"
  • January 17, 2017, 07:55:02 PM
    Your powerlevels probably as big as your motives
  • January 17, 2017, 02:47:23 PM
    What's your power level? Mine's pretty big.
  • January 17, 2017, 09:38:57 AM
    just watched it again...he's still damn cool...but so dumb...
  • January 14, 2017, 06:11:39 AM
    Pretty much sums up his character
  • January 13, 2017, 11:18:02 PM
    but sooo cool...
  • January 13, 2017, 09:40:32 PM
    But he is so dumb.
  • January 13, 2017, 01:17:58 PM
    He's so god damn cool
  • January 13, 2017, 08:31:52 AM
    Goku: Ask your mother
  • January 13, 2017, 08:31:39 AM
    Gohan: What's Sadism?
  • January 13, 2017, 07:58:49 AM
    nah...the full thing...was a little let down to see the voice for LSSJ Broly...that passive voice + LSSJ would've been muuuuch funnier xD
  • January 13, 2017, 07:22:10 AM
    Full movie? Not in parts? XD
  • January 13, 2017, 07:04:59 AM
    and the song at credits is also dope... xD
  • January 13, 2017, 07:00:26 AM
    *their
  • January 13, 2017, 07:00:17 AM
    tfs uploaded full broly movie on ther youtube channel...was dope xD
  • January 13, 2017, 05:21:59 AM
    eny news of the game dbor???
  • January 13, 2017, 05:21:30 AM
    whasup wasup wasup guys
  • January 12, 2017, 09:58:57 PM
    ...said the Gaylord of Gayland xD
  • January 12, 2017, 10:53:11 AM
    Y'all gay
  • January 11, 2017, 09:48:58 PM
    naughtyword WHAT?
  • January 11, 2017, 09:46:41 PM
    *maybe
  • January 11, 2017, 09:46:37 PM
    hmm...like 7...maye 8?
  • January 11, 2017, 09:44:02 PM
    naughtyword what?

Topic: Dragonball Online Anime: Yes or No?  (Read 2088 times)

Dragonball Online Anime: Yes or No?
« on: April 07, 2016, 10:04:06 AM »

Offline Caleb

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • "Get up, but don't ever give up. Never surrender!"
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
So this may or may not happen at some point in time, but I recently thought of how awesome it would be if the game that we're hyped for would get it's own anime. Think about it: the entire story is right there, and from what I've heard (I refrained from looking at the story in the game to avoid spoilers, however I did read the build up up to age 1000) the story is really good. We have a different Earth, a new cast of characters, humans (kind of) become relevant again, as do the Namekians and the Majins, and no one can complain about how OP the characters are, because, let's face it, I don't think that too many of our characters will become planet busters anytime soon. What do you guys think?

P.S. If you've seen the DBO trailer that involves the fight between the Namek and the Earthling, then you know that this thing has potential. If you haven't, here you go, enjoy:

"You haven't figured it out yet? I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. I am the Super Saiyan!"

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:36:44 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
    • Legacy
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human
Please no.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:35:30 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
I'd love it but, i'm not sure how well it would sell, since it would follow the adventures of a new zfighters group, just to give them a name, and you might even only see goku, or other zfighters say after a few episodes, sure that'd be cool and all.

but if it was just the tmqs, that they are turning to anime, i don't think it would be that long of a run, possibly half of gt's run.

They could include the UD/RP and that would include alot of added content, but that would require alot of liberties, since it's mmo to anime.

The trailers for dbo were merely that, trailers, they give nothing really to game other than show off the new create a characters.

TL;DR Yes, but i doubt it'd work.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 12:50:33 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Honestly, the best way I think it would work would be less along the lines of a full anime and more of like a few episodes or a movie or something.  It wouldn't really involve Goku or the other Z-Fighters, more of just a group of friends during the Mira age training, hanging out, and fighting against the new great evil.  An example would be like the story of my guild, the MarineCorps, a group of peacekeeping fighters during the age of Mira.  It wouldn't have to involve time travel, or the previous Z-Fighters, or even necessarily Mira himself, it's just a short story.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 04:54:09 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 25 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Got a problem? Blow it up. Problem gone.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Honestly, the best way I think it would work would be less along the lines of a full anime and more of like a few episodes or a movie or something.  It wouldn't really involve Goku or the other Z-Fighters, more of just a group of friends during the Mira age training, hanging out, and fighting against the new great evil.  An example would be like the story of my guild, the MarineCorps, a group of peacekeeping fighters during the age of Mira.  It wouldn't have to involve time travel, or the previous Z-Fighters, or even necessarily Mira himself, it's just a short story.

Indeed, if you make it focused on a personal approach, like making a group of "players", it would be more successful than a story based on Goku and popular Z-fighters, since viewers can feel identified by it, maybe.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 10:14:07 PM »

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Just trying to figure out my gender
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
It would be cool having like a party of five main characters(1 tank, 1 healer, 1 buffer, 2 dps) from different races. Then you could have several other characters(like a rival team). Every class and masterclass would be represented on that anime, either via tournament, dragon ball hunting or daily life.

And of course the focus of the show should be on that group of five main characters, but they could show a little bit of other characters' stories, showing their progress (and the progress of the story, because I think it would be cool to have a few characters having a somewhat meaningful impact on the story that is not a main character)
Am I allowed to be an edgy emo teen girl even though I'm a male adult?

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 09:39:34 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
It would be cool having like a party of five main characters(1 tank, 1 healer, 1 buffer, 2 dps) from different races. Then you could have several other characters(like a rival team). Every class and masterclass would be represented on that anime, either via tournament, dragon ball hunting or daily life.

And of course the focus of the show should be on that group of five main characters, but they could show a little bit of other characters' stories, showing their progress (and the progress of the story, because I think it would be cool to have a few characters having a somewhat meaningful impact on the story that is not a main character)

Daily life would bore the viewers, since it's gonna be based on an MMORPG, and they can be quite boring to watch. They need a plot with Mira, more focused on an actual anime plot, but based on the game. I do feel like a 5-man group with different roles like you said would be great.

They could even have a guild, and compete with other guilds for Dojos and stuff. I never understood how that worked in DBO when I played it though.
MarineCorps

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 08:03:49 PM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 19
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
Considering the game's plot completely sucked I doubt an anime would be any better, or work at all. I don't even think DBS is doing good, all it is now is cheesy jokes and shitty plots, dbo would be the same

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 02:15:41 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Considering the game's plot completely sucked I doubt an anime would be any better, or work at all. I don't even think DBS is doing good, all it is now is cheesy jokes and shitty plots, dbo would be the same

DBO's plot couldn't have been THAT bad. Xenoverse took it and called it theirs and people liked it.
MarineCorps

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 06:47:08 PM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 19
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
DBO's plot couldn't have been THAT bad. Xenoverse took it and called it theirs and people liked it.

Can't really talk about xenoverse since I never played it but imo dbo's plot sucked ass...though it was in chinese so that's probably the reason

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 03:34:31 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
    • Legacy
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human
I believe Xenoverse's plot uses the same idea and characters, but it is (for one, finished) quite different. And yes DBO's plot was garbage. Xenoverse's plot isn't exactly as good as people say either.

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I believe Xenoverse's plot uses the same idea and characters, but it is (for one, finished) quite different. And yes DBO's plot was garbage. Xenoverse's plot isn't exactly as good as people say either.

I just think DBO's plot didn't get as much heart put into it as Xenoverse did. Toriyama basically focused on writing what happened between DBZ and DBO and then barely did much for the rest. In my opinion, if Toriyama (or someone else able to write a good Dragon Ball story) would get their hands on it, a good anime could come out of it.
MarineCorps

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 07:44:13 AM »

Offline Chakrai

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
    • Jonooji[Me] Channel for my mabinogi[MMORPG Game] series show
  • Legendary Super Sayian/Guild Leader Of YoukaiTales
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Incorrect, DBS is doing absolutely great, 9MIL+ viewers each episode. I love DBS only because Its based on what happens after the buu saga even though the timeline its messed up
To The Sky! "We can't control what others do or say to us, But we control how we react to it"

Join YoukaiTales!

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 08:42:49 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Incorrect, DBS is doing absolutely great, 9MIL+ viewers each episode. I love DBS only because Its based on what happens after the buu saga even though the timeline its messed up

Well, DBS technically takes place a few years after the Buu saga (from what I understand), but Goten and Trunks aren't looking any older, while Gohan did age through Z. That's a big mistake on DBS and the movies. Other than that, I like the plot a lot but, and @Nia will probably hop around anytime to talk about it, Dragon Ball Super sorta ruined the movies' plot by adding a lot of nonsense like SPOILER --> the universe punching and the dragon-sorta-thing power-ups <-- END OF SPOILER. I still enjoyed it, but it could've been way better, by far.

Added the spoiler warning because someone got mad at me for posting a YouTube link to a scene from Super once...
MarineCorps

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 04:44:25 AM »

Offline SkyHero20

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Evolution brings people to Revolution
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
some of the scenes of DBS were a bit over the top but overall we all could agree they did a good

expect the unexpected