[July 20, 2017, 09:50:35 AM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 06:31:31 PM
    :r_flame:
  • Yesterday at 02:10:48 PM
    I don't know what this Patrick is, but it sounds like Yajirobe.
  • July 27, 2017, 02:28:45 AM
    :grin:
  • July 25, 2017, 06:24:14 AM
    [link]  :))
  • July 25, 2017, 02:31:39 AM
    Illidan, is that you?
  • July 25, 2017, 02:10:13 AM
    :r_worried:
  • July 24, 2017, 04:21:06 PM
    after 10,000 years im free! time to conquer earth!
  • July 24, 2017, 01:26:08 AM
    :r_worried: :r_annoyed:
  • July 23, 2017, 07:41:21 AM
    8)
  • July 22, 2017, 06:06:28 AM
    another one bites the dust... :yamcha:
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:14 AM
    ...Which was a pretty stupid idea in hindsight.
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:05 AM
    More like it's the first time I've bothered to clean since I moved in here.
  • July 21, 2017, 01:44:11 PM
    Nia's doing dust. Call the cops!
  • July 21, 2017, 03:40:19 AM
    :grin:
  • July 20, 2017, 09:31:29 PM
    weak...xD
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:58 PM
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:46 PM
    I inhaled a bunch of dust while cleaning and moving a bunch of junk around, so I'm sick.
  • July 20, 2017, 07:50:11 AM
    :vomit:
  • July 19, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
    Hey guys! coldy here hows everyone doing?
  • July 19, 2017, 06:16:14 PM
    :8000:
  • July 19, 2017, 02:34:09 AM
    :yamcha:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:29 AM
    :senzu:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:25 AM
    Your face is dead.
  • July 16, 2017, 09:57:03 AM
    ;)
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:53 AM
    YOOOOO
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:12 AM
    dead as naughtyword
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:30 AM
    ?*
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:24 AM
    Tried with net adapter repair, it will run through the basic fixes
  • July 16, 2017, 12:52:20 AM
    turned this sh*t off, went to sleep, got back the next day to have this damn problem
  • July 16, 2017, 12:51:40 AM
    i f*cking hate technology when it's b*tching around for no reason!

Topic: The Hunter x Hunter English Dub is awful.  (Read 5529 times)

The Hunter x Hunter English Dub is awful.
« on: April 05, 2016, 06:03:05 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human

WHAT DID THEY DO? WHY? WHAT IS WITH KILLUA? WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT CHILDISH VOICE? DOES NOT SUIT HIS CHARACTER AT ALL. LEORIO IS OKAY...? KURAPIKA IS GOOD THO. BUT KILLUA'S VOICE IS RUINED. WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THIS DAMMIT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS IS

CRINGE
Spoiler for MY REACTION TO THIS GARBAGE:

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »

Offline Griffel

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 14
    • View Profile
  • Griffel > You
  • I am a: Wonder Majin
naughtyword naughtyword naughtyword naughtyword naughtyword naughtyword naughtyword  >:(  >:(  >:(  :-\   :-\
Anything is Possible.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 06:59:31 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I can even tame lightning!
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Killua is gonna be hard to get used to.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 09:46:53 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
Is this another april fools joke

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 08:00:44 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Alot of dubs are either terrible or half good.
not many gems around these days.

or in the case of another anime, where the voice actor goes to prison, so the new voice actor is terrible.

yay for westernization.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 03:55:09 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
il stick to the sub
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 08:26:18 AM »

Offline Parrish

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 5
    • View Profile
  • Dab
Someone always has someting to say about dub. But I won't lie, Killua's voice could've been better.
"I am the stone that the builder refused."

Don't you let out that antidote...

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 08:38:22 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I'm just Saiyan, I'M GONNA WRECK IT!
  • I am a: Fighter
Personally I like Killua other English voice better.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
Only Killua's voice sucked. He sounds like Rinku demonically possessed him wtf

There's only one person who's voice is suitable to be Killua in english, and that is Yuri Lowenthal.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 01:35:33 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Meh, I'm going to wait to judge it until the actual anime comes out, seeing as we heard like one line for Killua.  I'm not going to say whether or not an entire dub sucks based on one trailer.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 08:52:26 AM »

Offline Trender

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Create, Live, Dragonball
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Watch it on japanese like a real weaboo

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 08:11:04 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Lets do this! >:D
  • I am a: Fighter
For the love of god, He SAID ONE FRIGGIN LINE! Holy crap... Why the hell would you jude a single anime by ONE LINE that was spoken... Also, as far as I'm aware, aren't these acotrs new? Won't they get used to their roles eventually?
The earth is a place where the evil of many can overcome us, But the earth is also a place where all these people can interact and become strong together, me and my friends seek the end the terror of these "time stoppers" Lets put an end to it, It's what goku would've wanted, It's the legacy we've inherited from the saiyans! Go!

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 03:32:37 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
For the love of god, He SAID ONE FRIGGIN LINE! Holy crap... Why the hell would you jude a single anime by ONE LINE that was spoken... Also, as far as I'm aware, aren't these acotrs new? Won't they get used to their roles eventually?
I assume you are talking about Killua so:

That voice was incredibly childish, not to mention doesn't even sound like a boy. How am I suppose to feel true anger or a sense of danger from him? The original voice suited him perfectly, and when I first heard him say he was an assassin, I believed it. This voice sounds so childish and wimpy it hurts. Imagine when Killua fights Netero..how bitchy will he sound? I will keep up with the dub to hear the range of acting, but that line was abysmal. That line is what he will basically sound like throughout the entire show.

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 05:47:20 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

That voice was incredibly childish, not to mention doesn't even sound like a boy. How am I suppose to feel true anger or a sense of danger from him? The original voice suited him perfectly, and when I first heard him say he was an assassin, I believed it. This voice sounds so childish and wimpy it hurts. Imagine when Killua fights Netero..how bitchy will he sound? I will keep up with the dub to hear the range of acting, but that line was abysmal. That line is what he will basically sound like throughout the entire show.
Watch a shit anime get shit voices.

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 06:56:12 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile

I think you're missing the point.  The point is that it was one line in a freaking trailer, it wasn't even the actual show, and yet it's to the point of ruining the dub for some people before it even came out.  Even though I might not be absolutely loving the voice, it wasn't downright awful like some dubs do, just the voice you would expect from a kid.  It wasn't even that high-pitched.  But once again, we don't even know if that's actually how he's going to sound the whole time.  I would recommend waiting until the dub actually comes out before bashing it.

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 07:43:48 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
Watch a shit anime get shit voices.
So by that logic, Rurouni Kenshin has a shit dub?  :))

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 10:25:13 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
So by that logic, Rurouni Kenshin has a shit dub?  :))
Yes. The Rurouni Kenshin anime was shit, full of filler, and didn't even include the best arc. The difference is that the manga is actually good, something HxH cannot say.

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 10:28:22 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
Yes. The Rurouni Kenshin anime was shit, full of filler, and didn't even include the best arc. The difference is that the manga is actually good, something HxH cannot say.
I would love it if you could explain why is shit.

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 12:43:51 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 02:05:07 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I would love it if you could explain why is shit.
The characters are very poor, with the exception of Kurapika. Gon is a bland ripoff of kid goku. Both are naive and oblivious mountain children with no parents who gary stu their way out of every situation. For instance, Gon being able to taste an odorless and tasteless laxative for no reason. Or how about when Gon "beat" Hanzo because of plot convenience that prohibited killing in a fight, where Gon "won" due to muh shounen protagonist determination naughtyword while he was weaker in every aspect. The entire hunter exam arc is full of plot conveniences. The worst part has to be the art. HxH has the worst manga art I've ever seen in my entire life. It's full of negative space and scribbles. Togashi should be ashamed.

This picture sums it up

http://i.imgur.com/l6lpaLy.jpg

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 01:56:46 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
The characters are very poor, with the exception of Kurapika. Gon is a bland ripoff of kid goku. Both are naive and oblivious mountain children with no parents who gary stu their way out of every situation. For instance, Gon being able to taste an odorless and tasteless laxative for no reason. Or how about when Gon "beat" Hanzo because of plot convenience that prohibited killing in a fight, where Gon "won" due to muh shounen protagonist determination naughtyword while he was weaker in every aspect. The entire hunter exam arc is full of plot conveniences. The worst part has to be the art. HxH has the worst manga art I've ever seen in my entire life. It's full of negative space and scribbles. Togashi should be ashamed.

This picture sums it up

http://i.imgur.com/l6lpaLy.jpg
Goku is hardly a Gary Stu, seeing as how the character is reflected as being very imperfect, and loses frequently throughout Dragon Ball. If you want to see a Gary Stu, think about Giorno Giovanna. Have you seen Gon lose against Hisoka? What about Netero? He got his shit kicked in by Hanzo as you stated, but because of the rules he couldn't die. Hanzo gave up because Gon wasn't going to. He couldn't kill or do anything severe like cut a limb off. He gave up the match, knowing that he can fight another opponent and win. And if you watch beyond the series, he loses a fuckload more than he wins. Gon even starts getting into fights he can't win, like to the point where a friend knocks him unconscious so he won't die against the enemy. Or he HAS to team up against an enemy or he will more than likely die.  And when he wins in the series its because of strategy (at least after the Hunter Exam Arc, haven't re-watched that Arc in a while). You are also complaining that Gon has these abilities, yet it is introduced in the first few episodes. Are you talking about the drink the fatass gave to Gon? Gon said it tasted like shit, thats why he didn't drink it. You also ignored talking about the other characters in the series, the only TRUE convenience in the series would be Leorio passing the Hunter Exam. And the series does make you feel okay about it. They mislead you from his true intentions and actually make him likable. He is also punished for his stupidity. Funny how Killua also got character development in the first arc. And still gets development in the short arc after this one. And even in the ne- HE JUST KEEP GETTING DEVELOPED. Gon transforms into an entirely different character by the Chimera Ant arc. Even before that, he gets noticeable changes to his character. And if you hate the art in the manga, well I have good news for you...
Spoiler for Hidden:

You are a fan of Yu Yu Hakusho, yet the art in that manga is probably worse than the HxH art. How is manga art suppose to subtract from a story? And if you don't like the manga art, watch the 2011 anime. Its incredibly faithful to the manga.
Spoiler for YYH Art:

Lets point out how in all those panels, only one has an actual background, and lets point out how there's no emphasis on the action in either frame with the fighting (to the point where it's mostly empty white space, with two very underdetailed characters using poor looking "blur" drawings to mask the lazy artwork).
More lazy art:

When a series wants you to take it seriously, it should never put cartoony art in the middle of it. Sounds simple but..

Spoiler for And the art isn't even hard to look at, Jojo has that covered tbh.:
lmao
Its bad art, yes. But there is an amazing looking anime you can watch. The manga isn't far ahead and by the time the anime resumes.. I doubt it will be far behind.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:00:25 AM by Tomlanji »

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:37 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Goku is hardly a Gary Stu, seeing as how the character is reflected as being very imperfect, and loses frequently throughout Dragon Ball. If you want to see a Gary Stu, think about Giorno Giovanna. Have you seen Gon lose against Hisoka? What about Netero? He got his shit kicked in by Hanzo as you stated, but because of the rules he couldn't die. Hanzo gave up because Gon wasn't going to. He couldn't kill or do anything severe like cut a limb off. He gave up the match, knowing that he can fight another opponent and win. And if you watch beyond the series, he loses a fuckload more than he wins. Gon even starts getting into fights he can't win, like to the point where a friend knocks him unconscious so he won't die against the enemy. Or he HAS to team up against an enemy or he will more than likely die.  And when he wins in the series its because of strategy (at least after the Hunter Exam Arc, haven't re-watched that Arc in a while). You are also complaining that Gon has these abilities, yet it is introduced in the first few episodes. Are you talking about the drink the fatass gave to Gon? Gon said it tasted like shit, thats why he didn't drink it. You also ignored talking about the other characters in the series, the only TRUE convenience in the series would be Leorio passing the Hunter Exam. And the series does make you feel okay about it. They mislead you from his true intentions and actually make him likable. He is also punished for his stupidity. Funny how Killua also got character development in the first arc. And still gets development in the short arc after this one. And even in the ne- HE JUST KEEP GETTING DEVELOPED. Gon transforms into an entirely different character by the Chimera Ant arc. Even before that, he gets noticeable changes to his character. And if you hate the art in the manga, well I have good news for you...

"Goku is hardly a Gary Stu"

Yes he is. Goku is the epitome of gary stus. Being a "gary stu" has nothing to do with losing fights, and even if it did, Goku rarely lost. Being a gary stu has to do with the characters being mostly perfect and with little flaws, and this shit was pushed throughout the Hunter Exam with Gon pulling out wins out of his asshole and being smarter than everyone else because he's so special and unique, while Kurapika, Killua, and Leorio are much smarter than him. Like when Gon was the only one to think of breaking the walls in that tower. And no I stopped reading HxH after the Zoldyck family arc, which is about 5 volumes worth or 30 episodes.

Hanzo gave up because Gon wasn't going to. He couldn't kill or do anything severe like cut a limb off. He gave up the match, knowing that he can fight another opponent and win.

It's plot convenience and it's bad writing. There's no reason killing shouldn't have been allowed in the final stage, as killing was going on the entire hunter exam. It was written in so that Gon could win and show off how determined and special he is compared to the others.

You are a fan of Yu Yu Hakusho, yet the art in that manga is probably worse than the HxH art. How is manga art suppose to subtract from a story? And if you don't like the manga art, watch the 2011 anime. Its incredibly faithful to the manga.

It does detracts from the experience. Yu Yu Hakusho's art in the final two arcs was naughtyword horrible. Togashi drew with the same scribble naughtyword he does for HxH. The difference is YYH only had it for two arcs, HxH in it's entirety is badly drawn. I'll admit the 2011 anime looks really good, because it does. I don't see why I should watch it, if I dislike the manga I'll probably dislike the anime.
His early shit was actually good
Spoiler for Hidden:

If you want to see bad Yu Yu Hakusho art then look no further.
Spoiler for Hidden:

I also don't see why you bring Jojo into this. It looks good and Araki actually puts a lot of effort into his work. It's fine if you don't like his art style, but it's got nothing to do with the quality of his art.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/831/404/8fa.jpg

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 12:10:50 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
I can't believe I'm actually joining in this argument, but I feel like this much should be said  In terms of art quality, there's nothing wrong with Hunter x Hunter.  It might not be "beautiful", but imo it's simplistic and charming, sorta reminiscent of Dragon Ball.  Something doesn't have to have absolutely perfect animation with shading everywhere to tell a story well, it just helps.  If you don't like the art style that's fine, but considering calling the anime trash just because it doesn't have a beautiful art style seems a bit much to me.

As for the writing and plot, of course those parts exist.  Literally almost every anime has that somewhere.  Heck, even Dragon Ball is filled with plot conveniences and such.  I can't say Hunter x Hunter has great writing or a perfect plot (I had issues with certain parts of it), but it was enjoyable for me still.

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
"Goku is hardly a Gary Stu"

Yes he is. Goku is the epitome of gary stus. Being a "gary stu" has nothing to do with losing fights, and even if it did, Goku rarely lost. Being a gary stu has to do with the characters being mostly perfect and with little flaws, and this shit was pushed throughout the Hunter Exam with Gon pulling out wins out of his asshole and being smarter than everyone else because he's so special and unique, while Kurapika, Killua, and Leorio are much smarter than him. Like when Gon was the only one to think of breaking the walls in that tower. And no I stopped reading HxH after the Zoldyck family arc, which is about 5 volumes worth or 30 episodes.

It's plot convenience and it's bad writing. There's no reason killing shouldn't have been allowed in the final stage, as killing was going on the entire hunter exam. It was written in so that Gon could win and show off how determined and special he is compared to the others.

It does detracts from the experience. Yu Yu Hakusho's art in the final two arcs was naughtyword horrible. Togashi drew with the same scribble naughtyword he does for HxH. The difference is YYH only had it for two arcs, HxH in it's entirety is badly drawn. I'll admit the 2011 anime looks really good, because it does. I don't see why I should watch it, if I dislike the manga I'll probably dislike the anime.
His early shit was actually good
Spoiler for Hidden:

If you want to see bad Yu Yu Hakusho art then look no further.
Spoiler for Hidden:

I also don't see why you bring Jojo into this. It looks good and Araki actually puts a lot of effort into his work. It's fine if you don't like his art style, but it's got nothing to do with the quality of his art.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/831/404/8fa.jpg
Spoiler for Goku Gary Stu/Gon:
"Goku rarely lost."
Except against Roshi. And Taopaipai. And against Tenshinhan. And Piccolo. And Raditz. And Vegeta. And Freeza. And #19. And Cell. And Kid Buu. And we can add Beerus now.

Alright so lets start from the beginning. The running was something a shitload of people did. Gon wasn't a special snowflake. Trick Tower literally was showing off a bunch of the other characters, Gon's match in Trick Tower had him do something simple: Blow out the enemy's candle. This wasn't an asspull and doesn't make Gon look really smart. The other characters like Killua and Kurapika were the main stars for this, Gon mostly just sat back and watched. Destroying the walls wasn't an asspull. I personally found it quite smart, as you'd think they can't destroy property for something like that. They set up a situation filled with tension, and found a loophole. Gon wasn't praised for being a genius or anything. In the fourth phase Gon spends a long time preparing to steal Hisoka's badge, but ends up getting destroyed. His timing and such were perfect, but even then it all meant nothing. Hisoka only gave Gon his badges because he saw serious potential in Gon. The guy loves to have a good fight with a strong opponent. Hisoka was the strongest there, he could get any medal he wanted. How is the final phase of the exam bad writing? The other parts of the exam were clearly testing things such as fighting skill, survival, will, etc. And what is the issue with a twist like that? Its not like the entire exam was made for killing. Gon clearly doesn't make a bunch of asspulls like you are claiming.

In this arc Gon is shown as intelligent (but not some sort of mastermind or incredibly smart) kid, who is actually rather weak in comparison to all these other characters.
You DO realize a Gary Stu is a "perfect" or "flawless" character, someone who never suffers for their choices and actions...right?
This is a Gary Stu:

Spoiler for Art:
This was in the early parts of the YYH manga:

The same issues as the other images I posted are here. I pulled Jojo as a reference. That manga's art is naughtyword ugly. If that is the coloring the artist chose, then its even worse. The shade of green looks like a shade of vomit.

The anime and manga versions look really odd to the point where I don't even want to look at it. Even the Jump Victory VS version of one of the characters looks really odd.

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 02:29:23 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Spoiler for Goku Gary Stu/Gon:
"Goku rarely lost."
Except against Roshi. And Taopaipai. And against Tenshinhan. And Piccolo. And Raditz. And Vegeta. And Freeza. And #19. And Cell. And Kid Buu. And we can add Beerus now.

Alright so lets start from the beginning. The running was something a shitload of people did. Gon wasn't a special snowflake. Trick Tower literally was showing off a bunch of the other characters, Gon's match in Trick Tower had him do something simple: Blow out the enemy's candle. This wasn't an asspull and doesn't make Gon look really smart. The other characters like Killua and Kurapika were the main stars for this, Gon mostly just sat back and watched. Destroying the walls wasn't an asspull. I personally found it quite smart, as you'd think they can't destroy property for something like that. They set up a situation filled with tension, and found a loophole. Gon wasn't praised for being a genius or anything. In the fourth phase Gon spends a long time preparing to steal Hisoka's badge, but ends up getting destroyed. His timing and such were perfect, but even then it all meant nothing. Hisoka only gave Gon his badges because he saw serious potential in Gon. The guy loves to have a good fight with a strong opponent. Hisoka was the strongest there, he could get any medal he wanted. How is the final phase of the exam bad writing? The other parts of the exam were clearly testing things such as fighting skill, survival, will, etc. And what is the issue with a twist like that? Its not like the entire exam was made for killing. Gon clearly doesn't make a bunch of asspulls like you are claiming.

In this arc Gon is shown as intelligent (but not some sort of mastermind or incredibly smart) kid, who is actually rather weak in comparison to all these other characters.
You DO realize a Gary Stu is a "perfect" or "flawless" character, someone who never suffers for their choices and actions...right?
This is a Gary Stu:

Spoiler for Art:
This was in the early parts of the YYH manga:

The same issues as the other images I posted are here. I pulled Jojo as a reference. That manga's art is naughtyword ugly. If that is the coloring the artist chose, then its even worse. The shade of green looks like a shade of vomit.

The anime and manga versions look really odd to the point where I don't even want to look at it. Even the Jump Victory VS version of one of the characters looks really odd.
Goku rarely lost throughout Dragon Ball. Goku didn't "lose" against Tenshinhan, Frieza,#19, or Kid Buu. Tien fell to the ground last because Goku hit a car, Tien even admitted to himself he lost the fight. Goku was literally dying of heart disease when he "lost" to #19, he wasn't actually weaker. He beat Frieza and Kid Buu so I don't see your point there. That's besides the point anyways, because winning fights has nothing to do with being a gary stu. Kenshin Himura doesn't lose a single fight yet is still is more flawed and has more character than Goku. You're only making my case stronger that Goku is a gary stu. He's never faced any consequences for being the worst father in anime, or being incredibly self-centered. It's funny how Goku was allowed to have a body in the afterlife because he fought for other people and was selfless, but this is directly contradicted by Goku letting Frieza power to 100% because he wanted a good fight. Goku is a gary stu. As for Gon, why is he so special? Why did Hisoka see potential in him? Why can he manage his way out of every stage of the Hunter Exam? Why is he given special opportunities to become a hunter with Netero's test? There's nothing exceptional about him and his past yet he's so smart, strong, and able to make friends out of everyone. He's a naughtyword gary stu. This may change after the Zoldyck arc, but I stopped reading it because it was boring as naughtyword. 30 episodes worth of manga is more than enough time I should give to a manga.

naughtyword I haven't read Vento Aureo so I wouldn't know if Giorno was a gary stu. I hear he's the worst jojo though. You seem to hate jojo so how would you even know unless you read it?

As for the Yu Yu Hakusho art, yeah, Togashi is a lazy naughtyword. What's your point? Find where he does that scribble naughtyword before Chapter Black or the Three Kings arc

And no, you may dislike Jojo's artstyle, but the actual quality of the art is leagues above Togashi's.

Spoiler for Hidden:

The two aren't even comparable. It's funny that you think attacking Jojo will prove anything at all.