[July 20, 2017, 09:50:35 AM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 06:31:31 PM
    :r_flame:
  • Today at 02:10:48 PM
    I don't know what this Patrick is, but it sounds like Yajirobe.
  • Yesterday at 02:28:45 AM
    :grin:
  • July 25, 2017, 06:24:14 AM
    [link]  :))
  • July 25, 2017, 02:31:39 AM
    Illidan, is that you?
  • July 25, 2017, 02:10:13 AM
    :r_worried:
  • July 24, 2017, 04:21:06 PM
    after 10,000 years im free! time to conquer earth!
  • July 24, 2017, 01:26:08 AM
    :r_worried: :r_annoyed:
  • July 23, 2017, 07:41:21 AM
    8)
  • July 22, 2017, 06:06:28 AM
    another one bites the dust... :yamcha:
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:14 AM
    ...Which was a pretty stupid idea in hindsight.
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:05 AM
    More like it's the first time I've bothered to clean since I moved in here.
  • July 21, 2017, 01:44:11 PM
    Nia's doing dust. Call the cops!
  • July 21, 2017, 03:40:19 AM
    :grin:
  • July 20, 2017, 09:31:29 PM
    weak...xD
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:58 PM
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:46 PM
    I inhaled a bunch of dust while cleaning and moving a bunch of junk around, so I'm sick.
  • July 20, 2017, 07:50:11 AM
    :vomit:
  • July 19, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
    Hey guys! coldy here hows everyone doing?
  • July 19, 2017, 06:16:14 PM
    :8000:
  • July 19, 2017, 02:34:09 AM
    :yamcha:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:29 AM
    :senzu:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:25 AM
    Your face is dead.
  • July 16, 2017, 09:57:03 AM
    ;)
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:53 AM
    YOOOOO
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:12 AM
    dead as naughtyword
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:30 AM
    ?*
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:24 AM
    Tried with net adapter repair, it will run through the basic fixes
  • July 16, 2017, 12:52:20 AM
    turned this sh*t off, went to sleep, got back the next day to have this damn problem
  • July 16, 2017, 12:51:40 AM
    i f*cking hate technology when it's b*tching around for no reason!

Topic: QoL Improvements?  (Read 4318 times)

QoL Improvements?
« on: February 21, 2016, 02:06:19 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
What quality of life improvements would you like to see in dbo?
Not exclusive to skills and transformations, anything at all you think would improve the enjoyment and lifespan of the game.

Example:

One would obviously the upgrade system, so it's not so cash heavy.
Ex solution: remove broken card, have fail deduct based on stone value etc

Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 02:13:55 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
Your example: yes pls xD ...but fail should be a little high then. Cuz it could happen that too many good weapons would be around which will affect the Economy....

and now i got instantly the following:

Chat Windows ingame.

Instead of whisper i'd like to have a real chatbox with the player i wanna chat with. Whisper was ok etc. but sometimes it happened that u whispered to the wrong player when you were whispering earlier xD
Happened to me soooo many times...

You double click the Player in your friendlist and the chat pops up. Or if u don't have the player in Friendlist u do in normal chat with command /say PLAYERNAME TEXT , to open the private chatbox^^
*click for original size*

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 02:58:24 AM »

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Just trying to figure out my gender
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Any of these would be cool in my opinion.

The following is not necessary an idea of mine but rather of a friend of mine that also played the game: Having some sort of team based pvp match other than party budokai, guild wars or party ranked battles. Something like the warzones and Huttball on SWTOR.  Basically something as chaotic as guild wars, that you could queue all alone or in a party, and play with other people that queued. I think (this is my opinion on the matter btw) that if something like this was ever going to happen, the team's limits should be greater than a party's limit, somewhere around 10 people because it could be up to 2 full parties against other 2 full parties.
Am I allowed to be an edgy emo teen girl even though I'm a male adult?

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 03:26:17 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Same as what Luffy said, but with clans/parties/groups. idk if you already have a chatbox for these but yeah...

Perfect... another one of those guys.

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 03:53:09 AM »
    • View Profile
Same as what Luffy said, but with clans/parties/groups. idk if you already have a chatbox for these but yeah...

We had 1 overall chatbox for chatting. Normal chat,party chat and Guild Chat and whisper xD
Then one chatbox for sh*t ...example: you used xxx skill and made xxx dmg etc.
Aaaand a third box for trade.

The normal chat,party chat and guild chat in one can stay. Just wanna turn whisper into private chat box ^^

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 05:00:01 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
We had 1 overall chatbox for chatting. Normal chat,party chat and Guild Chat and whisper xD
Then one chatbox for sh*t ...example: you used xxx skill and made xxx dmg etc.
Aaaand a third box for trade.

The normal chat,party chat and guild chat in one can stay. Just wanna turn whisper into private chat box ^^

We actually had three chat windows, sure it might have been nicer on smaller screens to be tabbed, but it worked being separate.

My chat was system - trade - then guild/whisper/all

How ever you could change it how you liked fairly sure.

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 05:13:22 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Maybe this already exists or isn't possible, but would there be a way to have the soundtrack accessible in-game?  Runescape (as I'm sure you know due to having played it) has it so you unlock tracks as you progress and can play any track as the game background, and can even create your own playlist.  Due to Dragon Ball having such great music, I was wondering if something like this would be possible/worthwhile.

Another recommendation, which I may or may not have already mentioned, the starting areas have equipment for all races despite the fact that only specific races can really be in those areas.  I kept getting Namekian and Human equipment in the Majin Area, which got really annoying since everyone there was a Majin.  That way you don't get a ton of unnecessary equipment in the beginning areas.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 06:50:16 AM »
    • View Profile
@Luke[Dumke] ye i know...but i always wanted to have an extra window for private chats with players instead having it also in that 1 chatbox with wishper....

and so....i made the following little thing xD
That's how i imagined it back then in DBO...instead of using whisper you use it the way u see in the pic :D

(p.s.: sorry...made it fast so it might look not really right xD ...)
(OPEN IN NEW TAB)
Spoiler for Hidden:

So yea..that's what i always wanted in DBO :D ...well one of the things...gonna post something different if something pops up in my mind...  ::)

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 09:41:02 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
Another recommendation, which I may or may not have already mentioned, the starting areas have equipment for all races despite the fact that only specific races can really be in those areas.  I kept getting Namekian and Human equipment in the Majin Area, which got really annoying since everyone there was a Majin.  That way you don't get a ton of unnecessary equipment in the beginning areas.

This is a really good point. I remember getting a lot of Namekian and Majin gear at all levels and there's really no reason to it. If you want to give the players gear to sell at vendors, they can sell, the case of the human area, the pieces of gear they've picked up and don't need or the old gear they replace.

About Luffy's idea, I like it but I'd rather have it optional. I have a small laptop screen and it's really annoying to have a chat window that takes up even more of the small space I have.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
@Luke[Dumke] ye i know...but i always wanted to have an extra window for private chats with players instead having it also in that 1 chatbox with wishper....

That's how i imagined it back then in DBO...instead of using whisper you use it the way u see in the pic :D

(OPEN IN NEW TAB)
Spoiler for Hidden:

So yea..that's what i always wanted in DBO :D ...well one of the things...gonna post something different if something pops up in my mind...  ::)

Lineage 2 has a very similar system. And it worked wonders. It may be worth checking if the developing team is thinking of implementing the system.

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 09:58:57 AM »
    • View Profile
About Luffy's idea, I like it but I'd rather have it optional. I have a small laptop screen and it's really annoying to have a chat window that takes up even more of the small space I have.

Well...adding that chat window it should also mean that we can resize it the way we want. But just vertically...like a Browser or any folder on your computer^^
Saw this in some games.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:02:07 AM by Monkey D. Luffy »

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »
    • View Profile
My psychic powers have awakened once more.. I predict DBOR shall be released next month!  :hype:

I really can't suggest anything since I haven't been around to actually play the original DBO, but if it's possible, I think there should be a punishment put in place for those who engage in a fight and alt-f4 without any consequences. Maybe keep their character AFK for the next 10 seconds?

Anyways, I'm really excited that you guys are engaging with us more often!

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
My psychic powers have awakened once more.. I predict DBOR shall be released next month!  :hype:

I really can't suggest anything since I haven't been around to actually play the original DBO, but if it's possible, I think there should be a punishment put in place for those who engage in a fight and alt-f4 without any consequences. Maybe keep their character AFK for the next 10 seconds?

Or make it like they cant quit the game, until they outrun/finish the fight

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 03:38:47 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader

If you're talking about duels, or ranked if the opponent leaves, it's your win.
so punishment would be pointless, because you gain more than what they do.

Maybe this already exists or isn't possible, but would there be a way to have the soundtrack accessible in-game?  Runescape (as I'm sure you know due to having played it) has it so you unlock tracks as you progress and can play any track as the game background, and can even create your own playlist.  Due to Dragon Ball having such great music, I was wondering if something like this would be possible/worthwhile.

1. uh, that is definitely an interesting suggestion, it could work.

2. drop tables are able to changed yes, however i don't see that as an issue, either it'd be replaced by nothing, or there would probably be more drops that have just zeni dropped, as because of how dbo is, those are basic padding drops.

(OPEN IN NEW TAB)
Spoiler for Hidden:

If anything it'd be easier to just have more windows for customization, and add the ability to dock them.

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Go forth and blaze a path of overwhelming terror!!
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I haven't played it long enough, or even remember most of it past level 30 ssj/KK crane something or other so these might already be in the game

Weekly raids maybe, where there are 8 players fighting in one instance against a really power enemy I.E. R. Frieza, Broly, beerus, etc

more exp/D.balls/chance loot events, could tie into raids

World boss's similar too raid but more stronger and requires a lot of people, but scales to the areas (so if an areas max max level is like 20 the boss will be like 25>) and drops decent loot for that area, maybe some other rare junk like dogi's and spawns on the map randomly but gives a world alert

i was gonna say flight battle, but that might be in the list for exclusive skills

more customization of toon, buts just me being a customization junkie

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
I haven't played it long enough, or even remember most of it past level 30 ssj/KK crane something or other so these might already be in the game

Weekly raids maybe, where there are 8 players fighting in one instance against a really power enemy I.E. R. Frieza, Broly, beerus, etc

more exp/D.balls/chance loot events, could tie into raids

World boss's similar too raid but more stronger and requires a lot of people, but scales to the areas (so if an areas max max level is like 20 the boss will be like 25>) and drops decent loot for that area, maybe some other rare junk like dogi's and spawns on the map randomly but gives a world alert

i was gonna say flight battle, but that might be in the list for exclusive skills

more customization of toon, buts just me being a customization junkie

So basically more content, events, or otherwise?
Sounds good.

You can suggest anything, was just making sure that skills weren't the only thing be posted.

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 05:49:59 PM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Go forth and blaze a path of overwhelming terror!!
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
So basically more content, events, or otherwise?
Sounds good.

You can suggest anything, was just making sure that skills weren't the only thing be posted.

was gonna add this to my older post but my idea for when people lose too much lol

if you die too much to NPCs you will actually goto the heaven place where you can choose to goto HFIL or the other boring place i forgot the name of where you fight mobs or wait till the death CD is over, killing mobs makes the timer go down faster and gives exp but at the .5 rate.

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Are we still able to (if the game is launched) suggest things to improve the game (So not like Destiny)

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 10:48:21 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Are we still able to (if the game is launched) suggest things to improve the game (So not like Destiny)

Yes ofcourse.
It's a community driven emulator.

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 04:26:27 AM »
    • View Profile
    • Facebook/profile
  • ¡DBOR is the key!.
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Some skills of Dark Warrior are weak, for example the twisters. Improve this skills is a good idea :D

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 06:01:40 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
Some skills of Dark Warrior are weak, for example the twisters. Improve this skills is a good idea :D

Well, it was stated since the beginning of the project that balancing was gonna be a thing in the game. I'm quite sure that falls in the balancing part.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 03:45:07 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Fight!
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
This is going to be less of a suggestion and more of community members' 2cents

.Firstly I would like to say this before I get going, I will not be offering suggestions that pertain to (new skills, accessories, weapons, etc.) but more as general rule of thumbs for any MMO, due to the fact that I have no idea what the DBOR team is capable of or what the server/client is able to do sufficiently or at all. So please excuse any ideas that seem a bit far-fetched or unrealistic.

Community
.More often then not I see many projects fail (not necessarily just DBO projects) to keep this simple task as a main priority, and that would be to keep your player base active. a scary thought I cant seem to get out of my head is that once the project is finished and game has been out for a month is that nostalgia factor will run dry for quite a few people and what seemed like a successful launch turns into another private server failure. -(not saying it will, only expressing my concerns)
So here are a few suggestions this i have in mind to remedy that situation.

Small frequent rewards
.Now I have played most if not all variations of mmorps ranging from point-and-click, tab-targeting to True-Action-Combat, and one point that most avid fan of any type of progressions system aka (the core embodiment of mmo's) is that we love the feeling of being rewarded for our actions, So a simple suggestion would be to add a Level-Up-Box that you can open every even level (ex: lvl2, lvl4, lvl6 etc.) the idea here is to make the rewards just right in terms of progression this would help players to feel as if they are truly being acknowledged for there efforts and at the bare minimum help players to strive for something other then level cap and would relieve some of the stress of the overall grindyness feel  I've written a basic guide on how this might work. And by all means Im very open to everyone suggestions.

Example:
Level up box system
Level 2: Basic-Consumables, Basic-Healing items etc.
Level 4: Basic-Consumables, Basic-Healing items, basic equipment.
Level 6: Level-appropriate-Consumables, etc
Level 8: Hover scooter thing?, Basic-Healing items
Level10: Basic-fly scroll for 2-5mins, Basic Dogi, Level-appropriate-Equipment

You want to alleviate the grind so it feels like you're playing a video game not doing chores...
this example was put together in a little less then 5mins and I cant remember the last time I played dbo but please take this with a grain of salt, this entirely open for discussion, debate, and critique and i'd love to hear some of the teams and community's thoughts on this, I will be writing more a bit later but for now this is Part 1.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
quack

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 03:59:06 PM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
This is going to be less of a suggestion and more of community members' 2cents

.Firstly I would like to say this before I get going, I will not be offering suggestions that pertain to (new skills, accessories, weapons, etc.) but more as general rule of thumbs for any MMO, due to the fact that I have no idea what the DBOR team is capable of or what the server/client is able to do sufficiently or at all. So please excuse any ideas that seem a bit far-fetched or unrealistic.

Community
.More often then not I see many projects fail (not necessarily just DBO projects) to keep this simple task as a main priority, and that would be to keep your player base active. a scary thought I cant seem to get out of my head is that once the project is finished and game has been out for a month is that nostalgia factor will run dry for quite a few people and what seemed like a successful launch turns into another private server failure. -(not saying it will, only expressing my concerns)
So here are a few suggestions this i have in mind to remedy that situation.

Small frequent rewards
.Now I have played most if not all variations of mmorps ranging from point-and-click, tab-targeting to True-Action-Combat, and one point that most avid fan of any type of progressions system aka (the core embodiment of mmo's) is that we love the feeling of being rewarded for our actions, So a simple suggestion would be to add a Level-Up-Box that you can open every even level (ex: lvl2, lvl4, lvl6 etc.) the idea here is to make the rewards just right in terms of progression this would help players to feel as if they are truly being acknowledged for there efforts and at the bare minimum help players to strive for something other then level cap and would relieve some of the stress of the overall grindyness feel  I've written a basic guide on how this might work. And by all means Im very open to everyone suggestions.

Example:
Level up box system
Level 2: Basic-Consumables, Basic-Healing items etc.
Level 4: Basic-Consumables, Basic-Healing items, basic equipment.
Level 6: Level-appropriate-Consumables, etc
Level 8: Hover scooter thing?, Basic-Healing items
Level10: Basic-fly scroll for 2-5mins, Basic Dogi, Level-appropriate-Equipment

You want to alleviate the grind so it feels like you're playing a video game not doing chores...
this example was put together in a little less then 5mins and I cant remember the last time I played dbo but please take this with a grain of salt, this entirely open for discussion, debate, and critique and i'd love to hear some of the teams and community's thoughts on this, I will be writing more a bit later but for now this is Part 1.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
quack
We have that system already every 2 levels you get to open the gift box wich contains healing items,flying scrolls, upgrade tickets and jewelry.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 05:36:32 PM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I haven't played the old game, so i don't know whats already in the game and what not, but i have a few suggestions:
Weekly/daily events: Maybe it's cool to have some sort of weekly/daily event for example on every saturday you can do this and on every wednesday this OP vendor comes around but he has high prizes etc.

QoL Improvements?
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 11:06:29 PM »

Offline Ren

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Confine, Murcielago!
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
How about no death debuff if you leave the platform and die to a D.O.T skill.