[July 20, 2017, 09:50:35 AM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 06:31:31 PM
    :r_flame:
  • Today at 02:10:48 PM
    I don't know what this Patrick is, but it sounds like Yajirobe.
  • Yesterday at 02:28:45 AM
    :grin:
  • July 25, 2017, 06:24:14 AM
    [link]  :))
  • July 25, 2017, 02:31:39 AM
    Illidan, is that you?
  • July 25, 2017, 02:10:13 AM
    :r_worried:
  • July 24, 2017, 04:21:06 PM
    after 10,000 years im free! time to conquer earth!
  • July 24, 2017, 01:26:08 AM
    :r_worried: :r_annoyed:
  • July 23, 2017, 07:41:21 AM
    8)
  • July 22, 2017, 06:06:28 AM
    another one bites the dust... :yamcha:
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:14 AM
    ...Which was a pretty stupid idea in hindsight.
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:05 AM
    More like it's the first time I've bothered to clean since I moved in here.
  • July 21, 2017, 01:44:11 PM
    Nia's doing dust. Call the cops!
  • July 21, 2017, 03:40:19 AM
    :grin:
  • July 20, 2017, 09:31:29 PM
    weak...xD
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:58 PM
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:46 PM
    I inhaled a bunch of dust while cleaning and moving a bunch of junk around, so I'm sick.
  • July 20, 2017, 07:50:11 AM
    :vomit:
  • July 19, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
    Hey guys! coldy here hows everyone doing?
  • July 19, 2017, 06:16:14 PM
    :8000:
  • July 19, 2017, 02:34:09 AM
    :yamcha:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:29 AM
    :senzu:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:25 AM
    Your face is dead.
  • July 16, 2017, 09:57:03 AM
    ;)
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:53 AM
    YOOOOO
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:12 AM
    dead as naughtyword
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:30 AM
    ?*
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:24 AM
    Tried with net adapter repair, it will run through the basic fixes
  • July 16, 2017, 12:52:20 AM
    turned this sh*t off, went to sleep, got back the next day to have this damn problem
  • July 16, 2017, 12:51:40 AM
    i f*cking hate technology when it's b*tching around for no reason!

Topic: Strongest Fictional Character?  (Read 16020 times)

Strongest Fictional Character?
« on: February 04, 2016, 06:16:38 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
So I felt like asking this and enjoying a good debate since I don't really have the most extensive knowledge of... well, anything, if I compare myself to you guys.

So the title already holds the question but I want to set some rules:

• Any fictional character, may it be from comics, cartoons, anime, videogames, manga, books, movies, folkloric tales, myths, etc. You can even mention your own character in a game or something, but make sure you give you reason for it. (Read rule 4).
  • No gods or all-mighty characters like Zeus or those guys in the Marvel comics that live in space and are just stronger than everyone else. Any characters that have become gods through their plot are also off the table, unless you consider their... "mortal" version. You should be smart enough to know what I mean, don't try to make a whole "but this guy isn't technically a god because..."
  • No Superman, unless you can prove why someone is stronger than him (which means you wouldn't mention him anyways). He's just the most OP character I know of, since his power has literally no limits.
  • I'd like to see good arguments as to why you mention them. That means @Bardock can't just post "Bardock, 'cuz I say so".
  • No reality warpers. Totally not thinking about what Kiyza would post. Those are just a way to get past the second rule.
  • New rule (edited in): Gilgamesh is forbidden too. I don't want spoilers and I expect Nia can mention him. Besides, from what he's told me, he can be as strong as Superman if not stronger.

Hope I didn't miss any rules that makes this just too easy for @Kiyza or @Nia. Have fun now.

That is all, let the walls of text run free and break the forums.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:22:40 AM by Tofu »
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 06:44:40 AM »
    • View Profile
    • giphy
  • I am Sparagas! The ultimate saiyan warrior!
  • I am a: Martial Artist
Like you, I don't have the most extensive knowledge of fictional characters, but if I had to pick one to be the most powerful of all, I'd go with Lelouch Vi Britannia from Code Geass. L has the ability to manipulate anyone he makes eye contact with no matter how powerful.And, If you go by the show's "survival" ending, he is also somewhat immortal as the only way to kill him now is to use a Geass against him, an ability restricted to other important characters within the show, all of whom he defeats by the show's end. I guess you could end him by dismembering his body too as his immortality is more like the ability to heal from anything so long as his body is intact. Lelouch is very clever and deceptive, making it even easier for him to take control of you, and though his strength is not his own, he usually uses it effectively to accomplish his own agenda.

In short Lelouch will simply force any opponent to kill themselves or his enemies or both unless they decide to obliterate him before he notices them.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 07:05:52 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 76 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
So I felt like asking this and enjoying a good debate since I don't really have the most extensive knowledge of... well, anything, if I compare myself to you guys.

• Any fictional character, may it be from comics, cartoons, anime, videogames, manga, books, movies, folkloric tales, myths, etc. You can even mention your own character in a game or something, but make sure you give you reason for it. (Read rule 4).
  • No gods or all-mighty characters like Zeus or those guys in the Marvel comics that live in space and are just stronger than everyone else. Any characters that have become gods through their plot are also off the table, unless you consider their... "mortal" version. You should be smart enough to know what I mean, don't try to make a whole "but this guy isn't technically a god because..."
  • No Superman, unless you can prove why someone is stronger than him (which means you wouldn't mention him anyways). He's just the most OP character I know of, since his power has literally no limits.
  • I'd like to see good arguments as to why you mention them. That means @Bardock can't just post "Bardock, 'cuz I say so".
  • No reality warpers. Totally not thinking about what Kiyza would post. Those are just a way to get past the second rule.
  • New rule (edited in): Gilgamesh is forbidden too. I don't want spoilers and I expect Nia can mention him. Besides, from what he's told me, he can be as strong as Superman if not stronger.

Hope I didn't miss any rules that makes this just too easy for @Kiyza or @Nia. Have fun now.

Sorry, Tofu. I have to say Gilgamesh, even though you stated I can't.
Your rules have no power over him because...

I swear, that will never get old.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 07:08:38 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
 u wot m8?

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 07:13:03 AM »
    • View Profile
I'm sure sooner or later, someone is going to mention this, so I'll just say it right now.

Saitama, from One Punch Man, is the strongest fictional character I know.

I really don't see anyone arguing with Saitama being the strongest. Hell, I'd even say he has the potential to kill even the likes of Superman, with a single punch, as he has done a multitude of times to other people across both the manga, and the anime. For those of you who don't know, Saitama was an average human, who decided to become the strongest hero alive, simply for the fun of it.

Let me go over some of the most impressive feats for you:

1. Imagine an alternate universe Japan in distress, from the legendary Sea King, who has already killed and slaughtered a large amount of the hero organization, a group akin to a larger Justice League. He is rampaging the city, nothing stopping him, in one of his strongest forms due to the rain, but all of a sudden, Saitama shows up out of nowhere. He simply punches the Sea King to death, but claimed he just "finished him off" and the other heroes did all of the work, which is total bs if you've seen the episode.

2. A meteor was on a collision course for Earth, and plenty of heroes are using their arsenal to stop it, however, nothing is effective. I'm talking insane amounts of nuclear weaponry, rockets, everything anyone could throw. You know it's coming, Saitama leaps off the ground enough to start a mini-earthquake, before throwing his fist at the meteor, destroying it.

3. Saitama fought Lord Borus, leader of the Dark Matter Thieves. This guy can be comparable to Beerus, and I'm even sure he's a parody of him. Boros has gone undefeated, before it is revealed to him through prophecy, that he will die to an earthling, Saitama. (See the resemblance? Both Beerus and Boros have a prophecy regarding someone strong.) So, Boros goes down, uses everything he has, including his signature Meteoric Blast, something he only uses when he gets desperate, as it drains his life force. Saitama uses his Serious Punch, punches the air, creating a global shockwave enough to counter and deflect the attack. He did not make contact, YET countered the attack. Imagine if he landed his Serious Punch.  Borus later dies, and before he does, he says he know that Saitama was clearly holding back, and that he thanks him for the fight.

Saitama is a human, not a god. He does not warp reality either, so he should be accepted into the roster. He could easily take Gilgamesh and Superman, dodging both of their attacks before ending them with a single punch.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 08:23:10 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin

I'm gonna have to go with Saitama as well, and before you freak out about him being unstoppable, hear me out.  The point of Saitama is not that he can't be beaten...it's that nothing has beaten him yet.  It's entirely possible somewhere down the line, probably near the end of the series, that he might meet someone stronger.  It's his goal after all, to meet someone stronger.  Therefore, he's not really all-mighty since there is potential of him being beaten.  After all, even Saitama can't punch the universe.

As for why Saitama in particular, there's multiple reasons.  For one, in comparison to everyone else thus far in his universe, he's miles above.  Unlike DBZ, where the most of main characters have greater strength than the franchise's weaker Gods,  Saitama is so far the only one with just as much power as he does.  While it is possible he could be beaten, so far none of the characters have even come close, and we've seen Rank S heroes, the greatest of humanity's forces.  Even if a foe were to arise, Saitama would still be miles above even the strongest of humanity.

Second, as for his actual power.  While he technically hasn't done that much, we know a few instances of his capability.  He can leap from the moon to Earth (including gravity) in a single jump, he can blow a massive hole through a mountain in a single punch, the shockwaves of his "Serious style" punches can part the clouds globe-wide, and so far he hasn't even come close to ever going "all-out". 
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 08:32:14 AM »

Offline Topaz

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Live as if you’ll die today.
  • I am a: Namekian
I'm gonna have to go with Saitama as well, and before you freak out about him being unstoppable, hear me out.  The point of Saitama is not that he can't be beaten...it's that nothing has beaten him yet.  It's entirely possible somewhere down the line, probably near the end of the series, that he might meet someone stronger.  It's his goal after all, to meet someone stronger.  Therefore, he's not really all-mighty since there is potential of him being beaten.  After all, even Saitama can't punch the universe.

As for why Saitama in particular, there's multiple reasons.  For one, in comparison to everyone else thus far in his universe, he's miles above.  Unlike DBZ, where the most of main characters have greater strength than the franchise's weaker Gods,  Saitama is so far the only one with just as much power as he does.  While it is possible he could be beaten, so far none of the characters have even come close, and we've seen Rank S heroes, the greatest of humanity's forces.  Even if a foe were to arise, Saitama would still be miles above even the strongest of humanity.

Second, as for his actual power.  While he technically hasn't done that much, we know a few instances of his capability.  He can leap from the moon to Earth (including gravity) in a single jump, he can blow a massive hole through a mountain in a single punch, the shockwaves of his "Serious style" punches can part the clouds globe-wide, and so far he hasn't even come close to ever going "all-out".
Dammit Shyruni! I was just about to make an argument about how Saitama isn't the strongest!
MarineCorps
We WILL Protect the peace

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 08:52:41 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
1. Any fictional character, may it be from comics, cartoons, anime, videogames, manga, books, movies, folkloric tales, myths, etc. You can even mention your own character in a game or something, but make sure you give you reason for it. (Read rule 4).
2. No gods or all-mighty characters like Zeus or those guys in the Marvel comics that live in space and are just stronger than everyone else. Any characters that have become gods through their plot are also off the table, unless you consider their... "mortal" version. You should be smart enough to know what I mean, don't try to make a whole "but this guy isn't technically a god because..."
3. No Superman, unless you can prove why someone is stronger than him (which means you wouldn't mention him anyways). He's just the most OP character I know of, since his power has literally no limits.
4. I'd like to see good arguments as to why you mention them. That means @Bardock can't just post "Bardock, 'cuz I say so".

5. No reality warpers. Totally not thinking about what Kiyza would post. Those are just a way to get past the second rule.

I'm sure sooner or later, someone is going to mention this, so I'll just say it right now.

If we're including joke characters, Saitama has done nothing that Squirrel Girl hasn't done better. She's also the best choice that fits all of your arbitrary criteria. There's no way to objectively definite "reality warping" (you can't really have an operational definition of it beyond "this violates physical laws", and most works of fiction do that in spades) and excluding characters because they're deities or spacebound is just drawing lines in the sand.

Also, I've said time and time again that Superman isn't that strong. If you just want a quick "Who can beat Superman?" list, the Martian Manhunter is still my go-to answer.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 09:07:41 AM »
    • View Profile

If we're including joke characters, Saitama has done nothing that Squirrel Girl hasn't done better. She's also the best choice that fits all of your arbitrary criteria. There's no way to objectively definite "reality warping" (you can't really have an operational definition of it beyond "this violates physical laws", and most works of fiction do that in spades) and excluding characters because they're deities or spacebound is just drawing lines in the sand.

Also, I've said time and time again that Superman isn't that strong. If you just want a quick "Who can beat Superman?" list, the Martian Manhunter is still my go-to answer.

No, Squirrel Girl hasn't punched a hole in a mountain. She hasn't jumped from the moon, moving at many times faster then the speed of light. (12,666,666.667 m/s is roughly how fast he was moving) She hasn't fought the leader of a gang who has went on undefeated. Squirrel Girl is a joke, Saitama is a gag.

Also, I thought we were going for serious responses? Half of these posts are joke responses.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 09:15:36 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
This forums is full of jokes loosen up a bit,no need to be all serious
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 09:18:56 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
No, Squirrel Girl hasn't punched a hole in a mountain. She hasn't jumped from the moon, moving at many times faster then the speed of light. (12,666,666.667 m/s is roughly how fast he was moving) She hasn't fought the leader of a gang who has went on undefeated. Squirrel Girl is a joke, Saitama is a gag.

Squirrel Girl doesn't need to do any of that because she's beaten Thanos with the power of squirrels.

Also, I thought we were going for serious responses? Half of these posts are joke responses.

Because Tofu said I can't shitpost muh ghost.

Also, Saitama is a joke answer and you're just perpetuating it. May as well say Popeye after eating a can of spinach at that point.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 09:24:42 AM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there
I would probably say Spawn. His mortal version is insanely powerful, and he feeds off the sins of others... So essentially he has infinite energy.
"[Witty statement]"

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 09:31:42 AM »
    • View Profile
Squirrel Girl doesn't need to do any of that because she's beaten Thanos with the power of squirrels.

Because Tofu said I can't shitpost muh ghost.

Also, Saitama is a joke answer and you're just perpetuating it. May as well say Popeye after eating a can of spinach at that point.

It's not a joke answer, I'm serious. I gave valid reasons behind it too, just as the OP asked. You simply gave a couple sentences, then talked about reality warping. So, excuse me if I mistook that as a joke, I sincerely thought it was, and still think it is.

If you can prove to us using sources, statements, anything that Popeye is the most OP character in fiction, within these given rules, then go for it.

This forums is full of jokes loosen up a bit,no need to be all serious

I was just hoping for a bit of educated answers is all, not forcing anyone to do anything.

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 10:09:46 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
It's not a joke answer, I'm serious. I gave valid reasons behind it too, just as the OP asked. You simply gave a couple sentences, then talked about reality warping. So, excuse me if I mistook that as a joke, I sincerely thought it was, and still think it is.

If you can prove to us using sources, statements, anything that Popeye is the most OP character in fiction, within these given rules, then go for it.

It's half joke and it's half serious. Squirrel Girl has absolutely done things more impressive than Saitama, by merit of defeating some of the Marvel universe's upper tiers, like the aforementioned Thanos. She's also a joke character, just like Saitama. The thing is, people realize that Squirrel Girl is a joke and the One Punch Man fandom has this divide between people who are "in on the joke" (i.e. he can defeat anyone in one punch and people crack jokes about it) and people who take it too seriously ("OMG Saitama really can beat anyone! Suck it Goku and Superman!). These can be hard to distinguish because sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet and Poe's law is relevant, as always.

If punching a hole through a mountain and jumping to the moon is the best Saitama can do, then he'd get miserably wrecked by the entire cast of Guilty Gear because the weakest character in the series' narrative by a long shot can do that.

I'm gonna take the notion that you have numbers for Saitama's speed with a fistful of salt, because while the distance between the Earth and moon is basically a constant, it's kind of hard to get an objective time frame from a comic unless it's directly stated, which manga basically never does. If you can prove it and you have the math, show me the money.

I was just hoping for a bit of educated answers is all, not forcing anyone to do anything.

I could start naming names of characters who are ridiculous and fit all of those criteria, yeah, but being too serious with this kind of thread will always suck the life out of it.

I fear this will be the beginning of a "nuclear arms race", and if it comes to that, I'm out. I don't care to argue about power levels.

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 10:32:22 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
I'd have put Goku instead, but the universe punch kinda keeps him off the list XD
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 10:39:34 AM »
    • View Profile
It's half joke and it's half serious. Squirrel Girl has absolutely done things more impressive than Saitama, by merit of defeating some of the Marvel universe's upper tiers, like the aforementioned Thanos. She's also a joke character, just like Saitama. The thing is, people realize that Squirrel Girl is a joke and the One Punch Man fandom has this divide between people who are "in on the joke" (i.e. he can defeat anyone in one punch and people crack jokes about it) and people who take it too seriously ("OMG Saitama really can beat anyone! Suck it Goku and Superman!). These can be hard to distinguish because sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet and Poe's law is relevant, as always.

If punching a hole through a mountain and jumping to the moon is the best Saitama can do, then he'd get miserably wrecked by the entire cast of Guilty Gear because the weakest character in the series' narrative by a long shot can do that.

I'm gonna take the notion that you have numbers for Saitama's speed with a fistful of salt, because while the distance between the Earth and moon is basically a constant, it's kind of hard to get an objective time frame from a comic unless it's directly stated, which manga basically never does. If you can prove it and you have the math, show me the money.

I could start naming names of characters who are ridiculous and fit all of those criteria, yeah, but being too serious with this kind of thread will always suck the life out of it.

I fear this will be the beginning of a "nuclear arms race", and if it comes to that, I'm out. I don't care to argue about power levels.

No, I'm being serious about a character who is supposed to be a gag. I find it rather enjoyable. And just because there is a divide, it doesn't mean people can't go back and forth through said divide.

First and foremost, Squirrel Girl did not properly defeat Thanos. The popular image was only featured in GLX-MAS #1, a special holiday issue. The stories included are meant as parodies, and are not canon. I'm sure you didn't know that, because otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. So, no, Squirrel Girl did not defeat Thanos within a canon universe.

Honestly, Saitama's max speed was calculated within an event that occurred in the manga/anime. Check it out.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=22493

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=50941164&postcount=66

If you go over the calculations, I'm sure you'll agree with his outcome. While alot of estimation is involved, at minimum he'd still be moving at speeds beyond human processing. As for the punching a hole in the mountain, that wasn't to be taken as his strongest. Heck, we haven't even seen his Serious Punch actually connect with anything, as he always pulls out right before. But from swinging his fist itself, it has enough power to part clouds on a global scale, as said before.

Go ahead and start naming characters.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 10:51:14 AM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there

I don't think Saitama is completely a joke, but I don't think he's completely serious either. I think that there's a middle ground we need to find. That's just me, though...

I really don't see anyone arguing with Saitama being the strongest. Hell, I'd even say he has the potential to kill even the likes of Superman, with a single punch, as he has done a multitude of times to other people across both the manga, and the anime. For those of you who don't know, Saitama was an average human, who decided to become the strongest hero alive, simply for the fun of it.

Let me go over some of the most impressive feats for you:

1. Imagine an alternate universe Japan in distress, from the legendary Sea King, who has already killed and slaughtered a large amount of the hero organization, a group akin to a larger Justice League. He is rampaging the city, nothing stopping him, in one of his strongest forms due to the rain, but all of a sudden, Saitama shows up out of nowhere. He simply punches the Sea King to death, but claimed he just "finished him off" and the other heroes did all of the work, which is total bs if you've seen the episode.

2. A meteor was on a collision course for Earth, and plenty of heroes are using their arsenal to stop it, however, nothing is effective. I'm talking insane amounts of nuclear weaponry, rockets, everything anyone could throw. You know it's coming, Saitama leaps off the ground enough to start a mini-earthquake, before throwing his fist at the meteor, destroying it.

3. Saitama fought Lord Borus, leader of the Dark Matter Thieves. This guy can be comparable to Beerus, and I'm even sure he's a parody of him. Boros has gone undefeated, before it is revealed to him through prophecy, that he will die to an earthling, Saitama. (See the resemblance? Both Beerus and Boros have a prophecy regarding someone strong.) So, Boros goes down, uses everything he has, including his signature Meteoric Blast, something he only uses when he gets desperate, as it drains his life force. Saitama uses his Serious Punch, punches the air, creating a global shockwave enough to counter and deflect the attack. He did not make contact, YET countered the attack. Imagine if he landed his Serious Punch.  Borus later dies, and before he does, he says he know that Saitama was clearly holding back, and that he thanks him for the fight.

Saitama is a human, not a god. He does not warp reality either, so he should be accepted into the roster. He could easily take Gilgamesh and Superman, dodging both of their attacks before ending them with a single punch.

Oi, Boros could be compared to Beerus, but I don't think they're that much alike. First off, he looks like Goku and Frieza had a baby. He acts like Goku and Frieza had a baby. So, I would much rather say it's Frieza and Goku combined, or a Saiyan. He even used that eye thing like a scouter. I also don't think Saitama could take Superman down in a single punch. Ya' might wanna tone it down a bit...
"[Witty statement]"

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 10:57:39 AM »
    • View Profile
I don't think Saitama is completely a joke, but I don't think he's completely serious either. I think that there's a middle ground we need to find. That's just me, though...

Oi, Boros could be compared to Beerus, but I don't think they're that much alike. First off, he looks like Goku and Frieza had a baby. He acts like Goku and Frieza had a baby. So, I would much rather say it's Frieza and Goku combined, or a Saiyan. He even used that eye thing like a scouter. I also don't think Saitama could take Superman down in a single punch. Ya' might wanna tone it down a bit...

That Freiza part made me LOL so hard. :grin:

Yeah, in my opinion, he can take down Superman with a single Serious Punch. If it were to actually connect, there would definitely be a dead Superman.

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 11:34:08 AM »

Offline cxaz

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 2
    • View Profile
  • if you can't fix what's broken you'll go insane
and here we are again fanboys of one punch man who keeps defending the obvious that is a stupid lame ass boring ass character that was written for being too OP because the writer was too lazy to write a good character also superman yes i admit he is op but still doomsday,darkseid have put a hell of a fight againts him the problem here is that saitama can defeat any enemy there is no point of doing more enemies because he can defeat them easily and about strongest fictional its hard to tell mate if they were all connected i will choose none of them mainly because I'm too old for this shit.

:juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs:

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 11:39:51 AM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there
That Freiza part made me LOL so hard. :grin:

Yeah, in my opinion, he can take down Superman with a single Serious Punch. If it were to actually connect, there would definitely be a dead Superman.

Why, and what? You're saying he'd overwhelm Superman's entire barrier (which I don't even think he himself can break through with a punch) using one serious punch? ...I don't see it.

and here we are again fanboys of one punch man who keeps defending the obvious that is a stupid lame ass boring ass character that was written for being too OP because the writer was too lazy to write a good character also superman yes i admit he is op but still doomsday,darkseid have put a hell of a fight againts him the problem here is that saitama can defeat any enemy there is no point of doing more enemies because he can defeat them easily and about strongest fictional its hard to tell mate if they were all connected i will choose none of them mainly because I'm too old for this shit.

:juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs: :juggs:

i will choose none of them mainly because I'm too old for this shit.

...You're "too old" for "this shit" and yet you post here without reason, simply complaining about OPM fanboys? Would you mind explaining your logic?
"[Witty statement]"

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 11:51:20 AM »

Offline Gokule

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
Bugs Bunny, he basically just states what something is or how something works and that's the way it is. Here is a made up example, Superman is fighting Bugs Bunny, Superman says " Your going down!" and Bugs Bunny says " You are" Bugs Bunny then flips a switch that is dangling in mid air that reads. " Kryptonite" and Kryptonite rains down on superman 3 feet above his head.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:07:36 PM by Gokule »

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 01:07:45 PM »

Offline cxaz

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 2
    • View Profile
  • if you can't fix what's broken you'll go insane

...You're "too old" for "this shit" and yet you post here without reason, simply complaining about OPM fanboys? Would you mind explaining your logic?
[/quote]

demn fan girl i bet you have your entire room covered with one punch man merchandise dont worry i got your secret covered

Bugs Bunny, he basically just states what something is or how something works and that's the way it is. Here is a made up example, Superman is fighting Bugs Bunny, Superman says " Your going down!" and Bugs Bunny says " You are" Bugs Bunny then flips a switch that is dangling in mid air that reads. " Kryptonite" and Kryptonite rains down on superman 3 feet above his head.

he is right no one cant defeat bugs bunny holy demn give these man a nobel prize already

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 01:13:12 PM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there

demn fan girl i bet you have your entire room covered with one punch man merchandise dont worry i got your secret covered

he is right no one cant defeat bugs bunny holy demn give these man a nobel prize already

Thank you for proving my point.

So true m82
"[Witty statement]"

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 02:28:57 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
No, I'm being serious about a character who is supposed to be a gag. I find it rather enjoyable. And just because there is a divide, it doesn't mean people can't go back and forth through said divide.

First and foremost, Squirrel Girl did not properly defeat Thanos. The popular image was only featured in GLX-MAS #1, a special holiday issue. The stories included are meant as parodies, and are not canon. I'm sure you didn't know that, because otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. So, no, Squirrel Girl did not defeat Thanos within a canon universe.

Oh dear. It appears that the fun police have arrived.

I'm assuming that you Googled this or something, because you don't seem to be aware of the comic outside of an abbreviation of the title. You're talking about the holiday special for Great Lakes Avengers, the team that Squirrel Girl was briefly a part of. The entirety of Great Lakes Avengers is a parody series, and it's also canon. Events in the series get referenced several times in other series, ergo it's canon. I can't remember when, exactly, but I recall the Thanos incident being brought up later on with Starlin (Thanos's original writer/artist) getting salty about the incident and it getting retconned back and forth. It's not like the ever-infamous "The Cat and the Cosmic Cube!" (summary here, for reference) or anything.

Judging by the rest of your post and your apparent source of information, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and assume you have a casual interest in Marvel and DC, but probably just care about power levels because those two universes set the standard for these types of discussions online, and thus don't actually read comics. I've occasionally lurked those sorts of forums because the sheer amount of scans they post in an attempt to prove their points actually make really good samplers for a cape comic's writing and art, especially older ones. That said, people who invest too much time into calculations and these types of arguments need to loosen up. When you're more concerned with Doctor Manhattan's power level than Watchmen's narrative, I think you need to take a step back and evaluate your priorities in life.

Honestly, Saitama's max speed was calculated within an event that occurred in the manga/anime. Check it out.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=22493

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=50941164&postcount=66

If you go over the calculations, I'm sure you'll agree with his outcome. While alot of estimation is involved, at minimum he'd still be moving at speeds beyond human processing. As for the punching a hole in the mountain, that wasn't to be taken as his strongest. Heck, we haven't even seen his Serious Punch actually connect with anything, as he always pulls out right before. But from swinging his fist itself, it has enough power to part clouds on a global scale, as said before.

Go ahead and start naming characters.

Well, for starters, the fact that there's this much estimation involved in numbers so large means that you can't get an answer anywhere near as precise as what this guy is using. To begin, the speed has to be estimated because, like I mentioned, there is no given time frame (though more context for this would be nice) and the distance between the Earth and moon actually varies slightly, and it can be roughly determined with the time of year. Beyond that, I'm always skeptical of anything involving scaling off of really small things in an image, because there's this concept called "artistic license" that's lost on people who take these calculations too seriously. It's also not clear to me where he's getting the height of the dislodged rock, what he's using to calculate the energy of the shockwave, or how he's estimating the mass of the rock and so on. The formulas aren't being shown and it makes it difficult to check the math. I can, if nothing else, say that the distance between the Earth and moon is slightly off (it's about 184.4 million meters on average, so there's some rounding to be accounted for).

You shouldn't give numbers like it's an objective truth because you found someone who crunched guesstimated numbers on the internet for, especially if you haven't verified them yourself. I don't even see where he's getting some of the numbers from because no units are attached and there are no formulas for energy beyond the simple potential kinetic energy equation. You should also take note that you said that Saitama was "moving at many times faster then the speed of light", which is a lie. That's a relativistic velocity.

Also, I'm up way too late, so I'll make the last part quick. A list of characters who are at or above Saitama's physical level if we take the stuff you posted as his upper level -- and fit the other criteria. I'll provide some sort of verification later if you need it, since I'll be happy to return the favor.

• The Martian Manhunter is at least as strong as Superman (he's usually presented as stronger these days), has a lot of broken abilities to pool from, has more experience than Clark, and isn't a reality-warper
  • Captain Marvel/Shazam is in the same "Superman+" boat and he's beaten Clark on two occasions -- when Supes was possessed by Eclipso, meaning that holding back wasn't a factor.
  • Doomsday, Black Adam, and Despero serve as the aforementioned characters' counterparts and are all on par with them or stronger. I could probably go on for a bit with DC, but there's probably too much.
  • As mentioned, a good chunk of Guilty Gear's cast. Potemkin has the strength to punch someone through the Earth at relativistic velocities while wearing a suit that restrains him, Jack-O' Valentine can produce shockwave visible from space with a kick, and Slayer can uppercut opponents out of the galaxy. That's probably like a quarter of the naughtyword in this series.
  • Dragon Ball characters, in general. A lot of the stronger ones aren't even gods, and there's nothing to suggest that Saitama is even stronger than Roshi, who destroyed the moon. Speeds should be similar too.
  • Batman forgot, no gods allowed
I'm too lazy to come up more than that. It's just stuff I'm familiar with and on my mind. Probably not gonna do any more of these posts if I can help myself because this took too long and any more will trigger my Goku Vs Superman PTSD. Saitama ain't much if you don't treat him like a joke.

I'm too old to argue with Dragon Ball fans anymore, yet alone these new fangled One Punch Man kids. I just yell at them and complain, but I'm still here. There's no logic behind this kind of behavior and I really should have left ages ago.

I like you.

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 03:50:45 PM »

Offline Kaiza

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • A lesson without pain is meaningless.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I'm kind of confused on the logic behind the OPM argument... I mean, sure Saitama can beat anyone with one punch. But is there anything to state Saitama's defenses? What I'm asking is, is there the possibility that Saitama can also go down in one strike? If so, wouldn't it just be a question of which contender can strike the other first?

Again, I'm a little ignorant about this topic so I apologize for something I may of overlooked. I'm just really curious here and I'm trying to use unbiased logic with either topics (OPM vs anyone). If it's a question of who strikes (with a OHKO attack) first and therefore finishes the opponent first, then wouldn't there be a list of people who could surely top OPM in his reactions time or speed? After all, OPM from what I've heard is just a mere mortal human. He should bleed just like any one of us do. And if that's correct, then man his defense should really really suck. Humans break really easily.

Oh and I also would like to give me own opinion about the OPM argument. This is just my opinion but I have always viewed OPM as a joke, therefore he shouldn't be counted as a valid answer to this topic. Why is he a joke? Well isn't the running joke "He can beat anyone in one punch!"

If so, then this situation would be very similar to Bugs Bunny; the contender defeats his opponent using a joke tactic. Ergo, he beats them using an illogical/irrational solution rather than a logical/rational solution. They both use a solution that just doesn't make sense. You can't defeat ANYONE with one punch. There has to be a limit right? If there is no limit, then it must be a joke because then you'd be comparing something that we can't comprehend -which would essentially be comparing apples to oranges. Gods from mortals who have limits.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:04:57 PM by Kaiza »
Peace is nothing but the result of war
Need a Sig? Follow me on DeviantArt here: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/