Iamsofunny
  • May 27, 2017, 09:55:47 PM
    Heh... Get it?
  • May 27, 2017, 09:55:42 PM
    Summer in Germany is not cool...
  • May 27, 2017, 09:35:52 PM
    :r_flame:
  • May 27, 2017, 09:32:04 PM
    it's so hot where i live...i might die before i see dbor release. I f*cking hate summer in Germany! :superangry: :r_flame: :vomit: :bruh: :yamcha:
  • May 27, 2017, 03:44:21 AM
    PROST!!!
  • May 24, 2017, 08:09:46 AM
    :juggs:
  • May 23, 2017, 12:48:14 AM
    OMG Luffy.... YOU ARE SO CORRECT ON THAT. 1st gen was the best.
  • May 22, 2017, 09:00:57 AM
    yea man, digimon was nice...especially Gen 1  :derp:
  • May 22, 2017, 05:03:50 AM
    XY were crap in comparison to Sun and Moon. Gen 7 was much more enjoyable to play, and longer too
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:54 AM
    As for Pokemon. I did like X before I lost it. Though I'm not the biggest poke fan. The games are fun
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:20 AM
    I was looking at Monster Hunter, the DLC always looks cool. The game looks complicated though
  • May 21, 2017, 10:36:38 PM
    Monster hunter
  • May 21, 2017, 12:39:08 PM
    How many time dumkyyyy i wanna help you
  • May 21, 2017, 07:53:24 AM
    Go with Pokemon Sun/Moon. :)
  • May 21, 2017, 04:01:23 AM
    :holdit: Dumke...gimme the DBOR
  • May 20, 2017, 11:31:11 PM
    gmes relased mid 2016 onwards. .. preferably ones people still play online
  • May 20, 2017, 10:10:47 PM
    Define new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 06:49:51 PM
    Greetings
  • May 20, 2017, 03:22:32 PM
    Hello
  • May 20, 2017, 08:44:05 AM
    Also, anyone got any game recomendations for 3ds? Preferably new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 08:43:26 AM
    Darn it! I wanted people to EX fuse with..
  • May 20, 2017, 08:10:18 AM
    DUMKYYYYYYYY

Topic: Drawing :D  (Read 2226 times)

Drawing :D
« on: January 23, 2016, 04:49:35 AM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Hey, I3lack (Soon to be 'variants' of I3lue) here!

I have recently watched some videos on youtube of people drawing and I really want to do it too. I don't know why, but 'Koizu' and 'Markcrilley' (The inspiring YouTubers) have made me want to draw. Problem is, sometimes I can't draw to save my life xD

I want to draw something like this:

Or this:

https://i.paigeeworld.com/user-media/1414825200000/543f0e1403d2519c6b2a5eda_545545b40202dfe175d602ce_320.jpg

But even though the video has steps, I still mess up everytime. Please gimme tips :D

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 05:32:14 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I couldn't draw at all many years ago. I started doing silly drawing in the back of my notebooks when I was bored in class. Eventually a challenged myself to draw Pikachu and it was quite good, yet not perfect (sadly, I lost that drawing). I eventually made Perry the Platypus, Goku, Squirtle, Goku, Homer Simpson, Goku, Bart Simpson, Goku... I did draw Goku a lot, huh? Only face and hair but still. Ironically, Gohan is my favorite DBZ character but there's just something about Goku's face that makes me want to draw him. Now, I make new characters and it's quite rare for me to draw an existing character.

The thing about drawing is that, even though people good at it since birth, by practicing, you can do amazing stuff too if you practice enough. It's like they put it in anime and stuff: X character is really strong since he was little because he is the son of the Great Dude. Then comes Y character (usually the main character), who sucks at life and trains so hard he becomes stronger than X. Same goes for people like us.

About 6 months ago, I bought a 60-page sketch book and I draw on it while waiting for my next class to start or when riding on the bus. I used up every single page and I've noticed how my drawing have improved considerably through all those pages.

Yesterday, I picked up an old sketch book I had. I barely use it since it's meant for serious drawing more than sketches and stuff but since my other notebook is out of pages, I had to use it.

I'm surprised with what I managed to do yesterday in so little time. In the middle of class, I was struck with inspiration and started drawing some sort of character with a sword, charging towards the "camera". Still working on it, getting the anatomy/proportions right so I won't share it yet.

So my main tip is this: practice A LOT. Buy a small sketch notebook, about 7x10 inches or something like that. Pick up a bag and put your notebook inside, with a pencil (preferably H or 2H if possible), an eraser, and a pencil sharpener. Whenever you are bored, waiting for someone or something like that, get your sketchbook and start drawing.

Another tip will be: Don't be ashamed if your drawing is ugly. It probably will as a beginner, and don't be afraid to show your beginner's sketch. You'd be surprised about how much feedback you can get from people that does and doesn't know how to draw. Mostly the ones that don't know.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:41:59 AM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
Thanks man! I'll practice more and probably show some of my stuff  :P

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 05:59:23 AM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
Yo good luck bro! I hope you improve a shit ton as I'm also a skrub at drawing which wants to become a manga artist! If you find anything of huge use please don't be afraid to share it!

I found this book called "Manga For Dummies" and I believe if you follow it 100% you will prolly be able to draw and know about everything. Here is the entire book:
https://play.google.com/books/reader?printsec=frontcover&output=reader&id=ssZFBwAAAEAJ&pg=GBS.PA0

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 09:11:10 AM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
Yo good luck bro! I hope you improve a shit ton as I'm also a skrub at drawing which wants to become a manga artist! If you find anything of huge use please don't be afraid to share it!

I found this book called "Manga For Dummies" and I believe if you follow it 100% you will prolly be able to draw and know about everything. Here is the entire book:
https://play.google.com/books/reader?printsec=frontcover&output=reader&id=ssZFBwAAAEAJ&pg=GBS.PA0

The page wont open right for me, but I found the book. Thanks! I will share if I find helpful stuff :D

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 09:18:25 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Go forth and blaze a path of overwhelming terror!!
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
before i start, im like charged on sugary foods so it might be a little crazy

Also if u have a preferred style or favorite artist that helps to as sort of a goal you wish to reach

Ok so first my advice would be to draw stick men, a lot, but in different poses ans styles like say one in the middle of a fight with another, one flying and etc. this is to help you get an understanding of poses and overall anatomy of the creatures ur drawing also, also cuz stick men are cool B)

once you think you got the hand of drawing them in many different poses start thinking of a concept for the character maybe a huge sword, an archer? or even goku charging his lasers and then draw the pose in stick men form lightly on the paper by this point you have already decided what you wanted to draw and already have the skeleton, now time to add the meat :P

The anatomy part i wrote above comes into play at this point, since you are a beginner (im assuming) for now focus on the basic form of the muscles, clothes and hair.

once you think you have gotten the anatomy right (i recommend finding examples online) start adding the little details like muscle definition, clothes ruffles etc.

Repeat Rinse Repeat Rinse, make a sandwich and Repeat

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 09:28:50 AM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
before i start, im like charged on sugary foods so it might be a little crazy

Also if u have a preferred style or favorite artist that helps to as sort of a goal you wish to reach

Ok so first my advice would be to draw stick men, a lot, but in different poses ans styles like say one in the middle of a fight with another, one flying and etc. this is to help you get an understanding of poses and overall anatomy of the creatures ur drawing also, also cuz stick men are cool B)

once you think you got the hand of drawing them in many different poses start thinking of a concept for the character maybe a huge sword, an archer? or even goku charging his lasers and then draw the pose in stick men form lightly on the paper by this point you have already decided what you wanted to draw and already have the skeleton, now time to add the meat :P

The anatomy part i wrote above comes into play at this point, since you are a beginner (im assuming) for now focus on the basic form of the muscles, clothes and hair.

once you think you have gotten the anatomy right (i recommend finding examples online) start adding the little details like muscle definition, clothes ruffles etc.

Repeat Rinse Repeat Rinse, make a sandwich and Repeat

Thanks alot man!

(Make a sandwich XD)

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 09:31:40 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Thanks alot man!

(Make a sandwich XD)
No prob, also i should state that by stick man i mean something along the lines of this on the left

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 10:06:10 AM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
No prob, also i should state that by stick man i mean something along the lines of this on the left

Oh thats cool man, I'll try and give a pic soon :D

Also, what is your gif sig of?

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 10:36:18 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Black rock shooter, either from the game or the actual anime, i forget which one

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
I usually draw it while I am waiting the other members om my course to end some exercise to continue on.
Of course I only draw faces with the upper torso(or even without the torso at all), or half person, or a small landscape etc.
My most recent one would be Alex Luis Armostrong(Which I did while we had a brake in school). Which I don't want to brag about it , but I pretty much nailed it :P .

Ok , I should stop bragging now. I originally wanted to say that what makes you become better, is practice. Take a notebook and whenever you feel like it, or whenever you have time for it, take it out, and draw. You will be surprised by how much you will improve just by drawing in your spare time.

Another thing

I will agree with @Tofu  on almost everything... But where I want to focus more though, is to show your drawings. Don't be shy of them. When you finish a drawing and see that even for a little bit you have improved, share it, show it, be proud of it.

Also MarkCrilley is truly a very inspiring and helpful person, i have seen many videos of him and they are all very well explained and served.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I usually draw it while I am waiting the other members om my course to end some exercise to continue on.
Of course I only draw faces with the upper torso(or even without the torso at all), or half person, or a small landscape etc.
My most recent one would be Alex Luis Armostrong(Which I did while we had a brake in school). Which I don't want to brag about it , but I pretty much nailed it :P .

Ok , I should stop bragging now. I originally wanted to say that what makes you become better, is practice. Take a notebook and whenever you feel like it, or whenever you have time for it, take it out, and draw. You will be surprised by how much you will improve just by drawing in your spare time.

Another thing

I will agree with @Tofu  on almost everything... But where I want to focus more though, is to show your drawings. Don't be shy of them. When you finish a drawing and see that even for a little bit you have improved, share it, show it, be proud of it.

Also MarkCrilley is truly a very inspiring and helpful person, i have seen many videos of him and they are all very well explained and served.

I agree with manphu and tofu, if you seriously want to get better practice any chance you get, even a doodle can help you improve. and once you get better look for your old drawings and redraw them thats the ultimate way to see if you improved or not.

Also MarkCrilley is an amazing channel to look for tutorials he help me through most of my tough times on paper and on the tablet

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 11:00:11 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I've been drawing for nearly a decade and I'm still garbage. It'll take years upon years to be decent at drawing, and you'll probably never be "good".

The first thing you should ask yourself is what style you want to draw in. Cartoony western styles and "generic" anime styles are reasonably easy to draw, but they're often lacking in visual distinction that a more realistic style can provide. I generally find that well-drawn western comics that aren't too "moody" are the best reference for my particular art style since I go for mundane proportions (or sometimes exaggerated ones, depending on the character), but it's going to vary from person to person. I take about the same amount of inspiration from western cartoons, anime, and western comics.

If you need a good art tutorial book, I gotta recommend How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way. It's a gorillion years old, but it's the best book in this vein I've ever read because it covers concepts like panel composition and how to make things look dynamic, which a lot of people (myself included) can struggle with. Well-drawn manga and western comics before around the 1990s are probably the best art references because of the nonexistent or flat colors emphasizing the line work. Video games with larger or high resolution sprites are also a really good source of reference art. If you're going for something stylized and I can list of quality artists if you need some inspiration. Also, if you can't draw something, it really helps to look at the world around you and use real people and places for references.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 11:08:17 AM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
@Tofu @Manphu @Canti @Gewku @Kiyza Thanks a lot you guys! I will take on board everything you guys and try harder to improve! Thanks!!

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

When I read your first post I was like "Stickmen? What the crap is he talking about?" But then you explained it. :P

I forgot to mention the skeleton base. At first, you're gonna have to use it a lot, but you'll eventually learn to make great drawing without it. Then again, it's all a matter of practice. I also figured you had already been mentioned about the skeleton thing in a video o two so there was no reason to say it again. :P

I don't watch videos to see how to draw since I don't have much free time but if I had, I'd probably watch some every now and then. They're definitively very useful.

Today, I was in class working on this drawing I mentioned earlier (which I'm actually working on as I write this) and got stuck in a leg. I just couldn't draw it in the specific angle so I approached a friend who is probably one of the best artists I know in real life and asked him for tips on that and he drew me some sketchy examples and it lightened me up.

Asking for help/feedback is definitively a must and maybe even the best tip after "Always take a notebook with you and PRACTICE!"
MarineCorps

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 03:22:45 PM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
When I read your first post I was like "Stickmen? What the crap is he talking about?" But then you explained it. :P

I forgot to mention the skeleton base. At first, you're gonna have to use it a lot, but you'll eventually learn to make great drawing without it. Then again, it's all a matter of practice. I also figured you had already been mentioned about the skeleton thing in a video o two so there was no reason to say it again. :P

I don't watch videos to see how to draw since I don't have much free time but if I had, I'd probably watch some every now and then. They're definitively very useful.

Today, I was in class working on this drawing I mentioned earlier (which I'm actually working on as I write this) and got stuck in a leg. I just couldn't draw it in the specific angle so I approached a friend who is probably one of the best artists I know in real life and asked him for tips on that and he drew me some sketchy examples and it lightened me up.

Asking for help/feedback is definitively a must and maybe even the best tip after "Always take a notebook with you and PRACTICE!"

yeah i forgot the mention that earlier about the stick figures and yeah its cool to ask for help from more experienced artists, that always helps.

I couldn't do that tho the best artist in my class was also my rival xD

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
yeah i forgot the mention that earlier about the stick figures and yeah its cool to ask for help from more experienced artists, that always helps.

I couldn't do that tho the best artist in my class was also my rival xD

My case is the complete opposite. We are all clearly in different levels, so you can't just compare your skills with any other. You might have a "rival" in a way of "He's so overwhelmingly good that my goal is to be better than him". But nothing more than that.
MarineCorps

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 07:59:22 AM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
Hey again guys! Well it seems I'm pretty good at drawing once I try! XD I tried to draw my profile pic with a good outcome! When I figure out how to put it on here I'll show u :D

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 08:18:24 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Hey again guys! Well it seems I'm pretty good at drawing once I try! XD I tried to draw my profile pic with a good outcome! When I figure out how to put it on here I'll show u :D

Cool! Looking forward to see it.

I was drawing a bunch of Looney Toons yesterday and liked the outcome. Still sorta lazy to finish Bugs Bunny but I shall finish it!
MarineCorps

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 05:22:56 PM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
Cool! Looking forward to see it.

I was drawing a bunch of Looney Toons yesterday and liked the outcome. Still sorta lazy to finish Bugs Bunny but I shall finish it!

Cool!

Here's a link to my drawing:

http://imgur.com/Tnyf90a

Hope you guys like it!

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 06:49:53 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Cool!

Here's a link to my drawing:

http://imgur.com/Tnyf90a

Hope you guys like it!

Looking good!

About the picture (and not the drawing itself), you should try flipping it over on some sort of Windows Picture Viewer program so it looks horizontal. Then use this link: http://i.imgur.com/Tnyf90a.jpg (note that it starts with i. and ends with .jpg), which you can get by right-clicking the picture and then selecting "Copy link address" and add [ img ] before and [ /img ] after the link so it gets posted directly on the forums.

It would look like this (just add the flip):

MarineCorps

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 08:39:29 PM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
Oh lol! Thanks @Tofu  ^-^

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2016, 09:15:07 PM »

Offline brolylss20

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • PAIN Makes you Stronger......
Man i don't use use stickman skeleton base instead i just draw looking at the picture......

My First sig........

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 05:21:49 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Man i don't use use stickman skeleton base instead i just draw looking at the picture......

I usually don't use it either, if I'm drawing an already existing picture. If I'm making up a character or something, I do use the skeleton base.
MarineCorps

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 05:50:49 AM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
This is actually pretty nice. Good job ;)