this is universe 7 mate, not 6
  • Yesterday at 09:13:21 AM
    in a parallel universe it is.... ::)
  • Yesterday at 09:06:41 AM
    because thats obviously dutch :P
  • Yesterday at 02:00:01 AM
    is it [link]
  • Yesterday at 01:55:16 AM
    i doubt you can guess my name, because my name is so damn dutch you wont guess it
  • Yesterday at 01:54:53 AM
    nah im not a jackson
  • March 21, 2017, 12:21:50 PM
    Jackson. You look like a Jackson
  • March 21, 2017, 10:05:23 AM
    What's my name
  • March 20, 2017, 09:15:10 PM
    [link]
  • March 20, 2017, 07:10:18 PM
    theoretically i can make meth now xD
  • March 20, 2017, 07:08:40 PM
    we do loads of stuff in chem
  • March 20, 2017, 04:45:38 PM
    Oh, right. Wasn't even chem... I never did a thing in chemistry lab then
  • March 20, 2017, 10:34:36 AM
    i once dissected a fish
  • March 20, 2017, 10:34:14 AM
    isnt that more of a biology thing?
  • March 20, 2017, 07:26:58 AM
    Well... more like just cutting around and not having a clue what was going on
  • March 20, 2017, 07:26:34 AM
    At least you guys did something in chemistry class. I only remember opening a cow heart.
  • March 20, 2017, 04:10:03 AM
    there was a gaping hole in it
  • March 20, 2017, 04:09:53 AM
    once i burnt the bottom of an aluminium can because i had the torch set on a high temperature
  • March 20, 2017, 04:07:05 AM
    that's why the safety in chem class is always put on top
  • March 19, 2017, 09:06:11 PM
    but no worries. My face is alright. Just had some red spots on my face because of the burn thx to that liquid sh*t.
  • March 19, 2017, 09:04:13 PM
    woah...that was hard man [link]
  • March 19, 2017, 01:06:08 PM
    Also, yeah. I read something about that, but didn't get too much into the news so I don't know more than that
  • March 19, 2017, 01:05:48 PM
    Story time with Luffy! I guess that explains your messed up face...
  • March 19, 2017, 10:00:43 AM
    btw..anyone reading dbs manga? cuz things go different there...in the newest chapter vegeta transformed into the red colored ssj god to fight black xD
  • March 19, 2017, 09:54:37 AM
    could've gone blind. my teacher got really mad at whoever didn't wash their damn spoon properly

Topic: Does the DBOR team need help?  (Read 1943 times)

Does the DBOR team need help?
« on: January 23, 2016, 03:32:05 AM »
    • View Profile
(Sorry if this has been answered before, I just couldn't find a good recent example)

Hey everyone. As I'm sure you know, the DBOR team has a lot of work on their hands. Translations, maybe coding, all of that stuff can take a lot of work, especially with a small team that isn't getting paid. I've been wondering, does the team need any help? I'm sure a lot of us are willing to do some quick translations, maybe help out a bit, anything to shorten the work load that the team has. Hopefully in doing this we can see an increase in efficiency, and hopefully, get the server public.

I know, I know, the DBOR team doesn't want to rely on everyone else to do the work, but you guys have been working extremely hard. You've been working so much, even when you get sick, have family struggles, etc. You even refuse donations, until you think the game is ready. But let us help, just a bit.

So, do you guys need any help?

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 05:16:00 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Coding....hmmm i am no Team Member but i think that's gonna be hard since it's also something about trust. Could happen that someone new to coding in the Team might do some sh*t etc. xD

about Translation...dunno if it's still up to date...but try this:

http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?topic=4323.0

I think Dumke is doing the English Translation. Dunno how far he is but i'm sure it's still lot of work left xD
*click for original size*

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 02:39:54 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
I'm aware usually the deal with projects like this, you should involve the community in helping with it.
However, with translations i prefer to do them myself, sure it'd be alot slower than a group of people using google translate.

But I already had ideas, and plans for how i'd go about translating, and so far it's working quite well for me.
and there isn't alot to get the community involved in apart from that, until we make updates/or have events for something.

so do we need help with Translations? no I don't need the help.
I've got a system, I can translate efficiently.

On the matter of how much I've done,
If i exclude the items names left to translate since there are around 46,000 lines purely of item names.
I imagine, well i feel up to the monotonous task of doing this section, I should be able to knock it over fairly quick.

I have 14,062 lines left of all text that isn't quests left.
Thus i have translated over 40k lines already.

For Quests, I've translated the starting areas completely,
I'd say Kokkara is alot more polished out of the few as my test character has been human, as in race popularity, Human/Majin then Namek.

so in total, i still have 60k lines for non-quest text.
130k~ in quest text.

What a horror. :rekt:

I've decided to put quests on the back-burner for now, as people most likely won't read a good majority of it, and it will be a waste of time, time which can be used elsewhere.

I'm also taking a short break from translations to work on another side project for DBOR, one which i've planned on doing for a while now.

As the developing of the server,
Anyone is welcome to submit and application, to join, as we occasionally do get them via email or pm,
however we require a specific skill set, with what we have in mind for the future of our project.

Since you are already aware, we make no money, nor take money for this project currently, we don't have a 24/7 dev team, and can only work on it, when we have the time, which as of late is in very short supply.

so it's not a matter of efficiency, it's just life gets real busy real quick, and there isn't a damn thing that can be done about, unfortunately.  :r_facepalm:

Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for responding, Dumke. :)) You put a lot of effort into this post, and for that, I thank you.

Also, it's EXTREMELY nice to see how the translation is coming, since it gives us an idea on how much work needs to be done, but I've got a question, are you guys going to release the game with the translation unfinished? Maybe 70%-80%, then work on it as the game is released?

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 03:08:09 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 26 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Thank you so much for responding, Dumke. :)) You put a lot of effort into this post, and for that, I thank you.

Also, it's EXTREMELY nice to see how the translation is coming, since it gives us an idea on how much work needs to be done, but I've got a question, are you guys going to release the game with the translation unfinished? Maybe 70%-80%, then work on it as the game is released?

If translations aren't ready but the game is, it will still release. Probably whatever is fully translated will be in the game and whatever gets translated afterwards will be patched in or something.

This based on what I think is best. The only thing I know for sure is that the game is releasing whether or not the translations are ready.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 03:23:33 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader

If translations aren't ready but the game is, it will still release. Probably whatever is fully translated will be in the game and whatever gets translated afterwards will be patched in or something.

This based on what I think is best. The only thing I know for sure is that the game is releasing whether or not the translations are ready.

As what Tofu has said, however we won't be shipping the game with translations, in our first tests/or tests shortly after.
As it won't be important to the testing of the server, the dbocom translations will be provided however, but my translations will be held back until public/beta testing.

The Translations are completely independent of the server's development.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 09:20:04 PM »
    • View Profile
  • DBOR - Graphic Designers's Leader
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Lukeyy explained everything

I will just add something about the translation, it's better to have one or two poeple(s) working on it than a big team

Why? Look at DBOCOM english patch, Cit allowed too much poeple with no real proof about their translations skills and most of the translations was google translated and screwed but validated because there was no real verification ;)
Graphic Designers's Leader for DBORevelations

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 02:53:41 AM »

Offline MaestroSaiyan

• Contributor
  • 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 你有没有遇到一个神的力?
  • I am a: Human
I will just add something about the translation, it's better to have one or two poeple(s) working on it than a big team

Why? Look at DBOCOM english patch, Cit allowed too much poeple with no real proof about their translations skills and most of the translations was google translated and screwed but validated because there was no real verification ;)

Exactly. It'd be a real mess if we had more than the two or three of us.

Project Translator for DBORevelations

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 07:22:37 AM »
    • View Profile
Exactly. It'd be a real mess if we had more than the two or three of us.

Thanks for answering part of my question, but you guys only talked about translation.

Is there anything else the community can help with? And no, I'm not talking about submitting an application, I'm just wondering if there is something on the teams to-do list that can get DBOR out there that much faster.

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 11:39:09 AM »

Offline Caleb

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • "Get up, but don't ever give up. Never surrender!"
Thanks for answering part of my question, but you guys only talked about translation.

Is there anything else the community can help with? And no, I'm not talking about submitting an application, I'm just wondering if there is something on the teams to-do list that can get DBOR out there that much faster.
Gotta admit, I wish there was something I could do to help. I'm a writer and a artist that draws, but when it comes to technology, I just suck... however, I do agree with Snake that the community would love to help out to help make your lives easier. If either of my skills can help, then I will.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. I am the Super Saiyan!"

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 01:40:47 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader

As i said in the latter half of my post,
any help that could be given would be reserved to the able few of the community.

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »
    • View Profile
Lukeyy explained everything

Its a balance of time and quality, not saying there should be +20 members but a few more couldn't hurt....