Iamsofunny
  • May 27, 2017, 09:55:47 PM
    Heh... Get it?
  • May 27, 2017, 09:55:42 PM
    Summer in Germany is not cool...
  • May 27, 2017, 09:35:52 PM
    :r_flame:
  • May 27, 2017, 09:32:04 PM
    it's so hot where i live...i might die before i see dbor release. I f*cking hate summer in Germany! :superangry: :r_flame: :vomit: :bruh: :yamcha:
  • May 27, 2017, 03:44:21 AM
    PROST!!!
  • May 24, 2017, 08:09:46 AM
    :juggs:
  • May 23, 2017, 12:48:14 AM
    OMG Luffy.... YOU ARE SO CORRECT ON THAT. 1st gen was the best.
  • May 22, 2017, 09:00:57 AM
    yea man, digimon was nice...especially Gen 1  :derp:
  • May 22, 2017, 05:03:50 AM
    XY were crap in comparison to Sun and Moon. Gen 7 was much more enjoyable to play, and longer too
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:54 AM
    As for Pokemon. I did like X before I lost it. Though I'm not the biggest poke fan. The games are fun
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:20 AM
    I was looking at Monster Hunter, the DLC always looks cool. The game looks complicated though
  • May 21, 2017, 10:36:38 PM
    Monster hunter
  • May 21, 2017, 12:39:08 PM
    How many time dumkyyyy i wanna help you
  • May 21, 2017, 07:53:24 AM
    Go with Pokemon Sun/Moon. :)
  • May 21, 2017, 04:01:23 AM
    :holdit: Dumke...gimme the DBOR
  • May 20, 2017, 11:31:11 PM
    gmes relased mid 2016 onwards. .. preferably ones people still play online
  • May 20, 2017, 10:10:47 PM
    Define new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 06:49:51 PM
    Greetings
  • May 20, 2017, 03:22:32 PM
    Hello
  • May 20, 2017, 08:44:05 AM
    Also, anyone got any game recomendations for 3ds? Preferably new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 08:43:26 AM
    Darn it! I wanted people to EX fuse with..
  • May 20, 2017, 08:10:18 AM
    DUMKYYYYYYYY

Topic: Stuck in DBOR or SAO?  (Read 2850 times)

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:17:51 AM »

Offline Caleb

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • "Get up, but don't ever give up. Never surrender!"
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
If you got stuck in an SAO like scenario, would you rather be stuck in SAO or DBOR and why?
"You haven't figured it out yet? I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. I am the Super Saiyan!"

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 10:07:58 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
dbo. cause saiyans.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:11:47 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
i rather not be stuck in a bland af Japanese mmorpg for sao, so my choice is dbor

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:23:22 AM »

Offline Caleb

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I'd go DBOR because if you wanted to get back, you might just have to gather the dragon balls. That and ki. Classes are nice too. Map looks cool too.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. I am the Super Saiyan!"

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 10:32:04 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
DBOR cuz flying, kamehameha and shit you don't have in SAO

Perfect... another one of those guys.

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 10:37:05 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
DBO was a lot of things I didn’t like, but if it was anything, it was comfy. The problem is that I’d eventually run out of things to do with my life, because there was only so much content in DBO to begin with.

My ideal video game life, though, is as an Altmer sorceress in late 3rd Era Cyrodiil, holed up in Frostcrag Spire and worshipping Hermaeus-Mora in secret. (Argonians are great, by the way, but I’d rather have the 300 year Mer lifespan and reap the benefits when the Empire is at the Aldmeri Dominion’s knees.)

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 10:56:12 AM »

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
  • I am a: Majin
DBOR.
Because I don't want to be stuck in a sword game where if I die I die In real life, tottally takes the fun out of the game. Plus only one guy can duel weild.

I'd go DBOR because if you wanted to get back, you might just have to gather the dragon balls.
That is a pretty good point.
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 11:14:15 AM »

Offline Parrish

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 5
    • View Profile
  • Dab
I don't know, both choices you can die in real life. I'd probably pick DBOR, so when I'm about to die I will just fly away lol.
"I am the stone that the builder refused."

Don't you let out that antidote...

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 11:45:01 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
It would depend on which SAO, as technically Alfheim is just SAO with new skins and a few new mechanics, it's still the same game.

For me at least, SAO would be much more appealing to actually LIVE in.  Keep in mind, SAO was built for death within the game in mind.  In other words, it was built for someone to live inside of it.  DBO is not, so what you see it was you get.  What you can do in DBO would be the limits of what you could do within the game as well. 
There's all sorts of alternate activities to participate in SAO such as cooking, fishing, and who knows what else.  There's even features like getting married and owning a house.  In DBO, you'd pretty much be stuck doing fighting and not much else.

There's also the fact that DBO is a bit more PvP focused, so PKing would probably be a bit more common.  Not to mention simple things like Budokais could involve death. 

So, while I do think DBO is awesome, in terms of what game would be better to live in, I'd say SAO, since like I said, it was made for it. 

We WILL Protect the Peace!

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 12:52:37 PM »

Offline cxaz

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 2
    • View Profile
  • if you can't fix what's broken you'll go insane
DBO mainly because you can become the most OP guy ever through training and anybody can be as strong as you in SAO only 1 guy can be the only one its just too cliche you are the only guy who has a special ability and that is for me pretty stupid SAO its about a guy who is OP have special abilitys only one who can defeat the villain personally DBO its by far the best world someone can live in and of course getting a power level OVER 9000

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
It would depend on which SAO, as technically Alfheim is just SAO with new skins and a few new mechanics, it's still the same game.

For me at least, SAO would be much more appealing to actually LIVE in.  Keep in mind, SAO was built for death within the game in mind.  In other words, it was built for someone to live inside of it.  DBO is not, so what you see it was you get.  What you can do in DBO would be the limits of what you could do within the game as well. 
There's all sorts of alternate activities to participate in SAO such as cooking, fishing, and who knows what else.  There's even features like getting married and owning a house.  In DBO, you'd pretty much be stuck doing fighting and not much else.

There's also the fact that DBO is a bit more PvP focused, so PKing would probably be a bit more common.  Not to mention simple things like Budokais could involve death. 

So, while I do think DBO is awesome, in terms of what game would be better to live in, I'd say SAO, since like I said, it was made for it.

I couldn't have said it better. All of this are really good reasons to pick SAO but on top of them all, SAO is a game more designed to suit my likes. DBO was still amazing and all but SAO is just really close to my kind of MMORPG to play (ignoring the whole "one random player is the chosen one and it's OP").

If you're afraid of real-life death, you can always stay in a town for ever but, unlike DBO, there was A LOT of stuff to do in towns in SAO so you weren't just losing your time or anything.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 03:36:51 PM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money
  • I am a: Human
The return of the Cozy God

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 02:07:27 AM »

Offline Caleb

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Not even going to lie, I like all of these responses. It's cool to see the many reasons why people do or do not want one thing over the other. On one hand, those who would fight would probably get a better kick out of DBOR, while those who wouldn't would probably like SAO more. Cheers, lads!  :juggs:

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 04:58:36 AM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
Wow. that was a good question. Lets see. I am gonna guess and say that the permanent death is a thing in both situations.

Well to be honest DBO as a game would be extremely uncomfortable to live in.
You would have to live outside 24/7, which for me is not so bad to begin with. You more or less will reach the end-game in very short amount of time and that would be extremely boring after some time with no mechanics supporting the "everyday life". Even if I would love to fly and fire some kamehamehas I believe the pros not worthwhile in front of being practically bored to death after maybe 1 month of living in DBO.

So yeah I would go with SAO. Even if those reasons I said earlier wasn't the deal.
I just LOVE fantasy MMORPGs so much...
Also pretty much SAO has the proper mechanics for someone to live an ordinary life alongside with adventuring.
You can cook, you can fish, you become a blacksmith, you can become a merchant, you can be a tailor,also you can go at any number of adventures without being in danger(For example you can always go and farm at way lower levels and make a good income or get some materials), you can buy a house of your own and many others.

So my choice is obvious SAO.

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 06:39:24 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Probably DBOR, 1. It's based on DBZ of course because it's my favorite anime. 2. Because I'd rather die enjoying the refreshing memories of my first MMO before I got into MMO's. 3. I'll die with no regrets lmao.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 06:43:16 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I can even tame lightning!
SAO because aint nobody got time for walking all day.

But it depends if it was if you reach end-game your free I would pick DBOR obviously lmao

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Well DBOR since if you are stuck in SAO and you die, you are dead...

In DBOR if you die, someone can revive you with Dragon Balls.

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 12:22:39 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
In DBOR if you die, someone can revive you with Dragon Balls.

Good point, but it's debatable.

From my point of view, in DBO you shouldn't be allowed to be revived with the Dragon Balls, since it's a game that wasn't created with a permanent death mechanic and wishing for a player revival is not a thing in the game and it's not coded into it. Of course, there's revival items, which you don't have in SAO, but the Dragon Balls shouldn't be a way of reviving since the game doesn't have that wish available due to obvious reasons.

Technically, permanent death in DBO would only happen if you don't have that Popo Stone (or however it was called) at the moment of death. If you do have it, you'll just respawn. I can't remember if there were also items used to revive other players but that would make it even harder to get a permanent death.
MarineCorps

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 01:30:48 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
Good point, but it's debatable.

From my point of view, in DBO you shouldn't be allowed to be revived with the Dragon Balls, since it's a game that wasn't created with a permanent death mechanic and wishing for a player revival is not a thing in the game and it's not coded into it. Of course, there's revival items, which you don't have in SAO, but the Dragon Balls shouldn't be a way of reviving since the game doesn't have that wish available due to obvious reasons.

Technically, permanent death in DBO would only happen if you don't have that Popo Stone (or however it was called) at the moment of death. If you do have it, you'll just respawn. I can't remember if there were also items used to revive other players but that would make it even harder to get a permanent death.

For me, it's more of whether or not it's a life worth living.  I mean, even if you can come back from the dead, what if it's not that exciting of a life?  All you can do it talk to others, go in dungeons, fight, repeat.  Once you beat the main story, there just went all the big quests you can do.  Now you're just stuck grinding or killing other players for the rest of your life.  Not that there aren't things that would be enjoyable, like hanging out with friends and enjoying the wildlife, but in terms of actual activities, there's little.

Keep in mind, you're restricted to the game's limitations (sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I think people might not understand the meaning of this clearly).  This means if a "SAO scenario" happened with DBO, that doesn't mean you'd be able to just waltz around in the DBZ universe.  You could only do what a normal player could do in DBO to begin with.  The only difference would be that the game is now your LIFE, and there's nothing outside of it.  And when you died ingame, it's real.  Night wouldn't exist, you couldn't play games, you couldn't really build anything or take up any hobbies. 

Of course, my answer would be quite different if there was a specific way to end it, as beating DBO would be much easier than beating SAO.  But that was not specified in the post, so I didn't consider it.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 01:39:44 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
For me, it's more of whether or not it's a life worth living.  I mean, even if you can come back from the dead, what if it's not that exciting of a life?  All you can do it talk to others, go in dungeons, fight, repeat.  Once you beat the main story, there just went all the big quests you can do.  Now you're just stuck grinding or killing other players for the rest of your life.  Not that there aren't things that would be enjoyable, like hanging out with friends and enjoying the wildlife, but in terms of actual activities, there's little.

Keep in mind, you're restricted to the game's limitations (sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I think people might not understand the meaning of this clearly).  This means if a "SAO scenario" happened with DBO, that doesn't mean you'd be able to just waltz around in the DBZ universe.  You could only do what a normal player could do in DBO to begin with.  The only difference would be that the game is now your LIFE, and there's nothing outside of it.  And when you died ingame, it's real.  Night wouldn't exist, you couldn't play games, you couldn't really build anything or take up any hobbies. 

Of course, my answer would be quite different if there was a specific way to end it, as beating DBO would be much easier than beating SAO.  But that was not specified in the post, so I didn't consider it.

Yeah, I wanted to point out how DBO wouldn't really have permanent death anyways but I still consider SAO to be a way better game to live on.
MarineCorps

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 01:40:10 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 76 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Question!
 :r_worried:
...If you got warped inside of DBOR, then how would multiple characters be handled?
What if you dual cliented?
WHY DID I RANDOMLY THINK OF THIS!?

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Question!
 :r_worried:
...If you got warped inside of DBOR, then how would multiple characters be handled?
What if you dual cliented?
WHY DID I RANDOMLY THINK OF THIS!?

Actually, I considered this too but figured it wouldn't be acceptable, since you can't log out of your character and much less have two clients, when your brain is technically stuck in the game.
MarineCorps

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 02:37:09 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Actually, I considered this too but figured it wouldn't be acceptable, since you can't log out of your character and much less have two clients, when your brain is technically stuck in the game.

I'd figure you are the client.
and logging out is technically returning to the login screen.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 01:17:27 AM »

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Just trying to figure out my gender
In SAO, if I had lag and got disconnected from the game, would I die in real life?

I think that DBO would be easier to complete the goal(and also a lot faster) than in SAO. So I think I would choose being stuck in DBO over being stuck in SAO. But, like some of you said, SAO had a lot more interesting content other than pvp and pve, so, it would be better if we had to stay a long time in a game.
Am I allowed to be an edgy emo teen girl even though I'm a male adult?

Stuck in DBOR or SAO?
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 03:50:04 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Did i mention that popo stones are actually guardian angels of sorts? The fainting and clicking respawn means popo has teleported you to safety and healed you.

POPO IS LOVE.
POPO IS LIFE.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"