Iamsofunny
  • Yesterday at 09:55:47 PM
    Heh... Get it?
  • Yesterday at 09:55:42 PM
    Summer in Germany is not cool...
  • Yesterday at 09:35:52 PM
    :r_flame:
  • Yesterday at 09:32:04 PM
    it's so hot where i live...i might die before i see dbor release. I f*cking hate summer in Germany! :superangry: :r_flame: :vomit: :bruh: :yamcha:
  • Yesterday at 03:44:21 AM
    PROST!!!
  • May 24, 2017, 08:09:46 AM
    :juggs:
  • May 23, 2017, 12:48:14 AM
    OMG Luffy.... YOU ARE SO CORRECT ON THAT. 1st gen was the best.
  • May 22, 2017, 09:00:57 AM
    yea man, digimon was nice...especially Gen 1  :derp:
  • May 22, 2017, 05:03:50 AM
    XY were crap in comparison to Sun and Moon. Gen 7 was much more enjoyable to play, and longer too
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:54 AM
    As for Pokemon. I did like X before I lost it. Though I'm not the biggest poke fan. The games are fun
  • May 22, 2017, 04:38:20 AM
    I was looking at Monster Hunter, the DLC always looks cool. The game looks complicated though
  • May 21, 2017, 10:36:38 PM
    Monster hunter
  • May 21, 2017, 12:39:08 PM
    How many time dumkyyyy i wanna help you
  • May 21, 2017, 07:53:24 AM
    Go with Pokemon Sun/Moon. :)
  • May 21, 2017, 04:01:23 AM
    :holdit: Dumke...gimme the DBOR
  • May 20, 2017, 11:31:11 PM
    gmes relased mid 2016 onwards. .. preferably ones people still play online
  • May 20, 2017, 10:10:47 PM
    Define new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 06:49:51 PM
    Greetings
  • May 20, 2017, 03:22:32 PM
    Hello
  • May 20, 2017, 08:44:05 AM
    Also, anyone got any game recomendations for 3ds? Preferably new ones.
  • May 20, 2017, 08:43:26 AM
    Darn it! I wanted people to EX fuse with..
  • May 20, 2017, 08:10:18 AM
    DUMKYYYYYYYY
  • May 19, 2017, 01:48:49 PM
    I don't play it much anymore, but i have it.

Topic: So I just finished HunterxHunter...  (Read 1170 times)

So I just finished HunterxHunter...
« on: January 16, 2016, 10:53:08 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Lets do this! >:D
  • I am a: Fighter
Every arc (besides Zoldyck arc) was just brilliant. Each arc introduced us to an incredible cast of characters each with their own niche. What I admire most about it was the animation... I mean, I started watching it nearing the end of the Fishman-Island Arc of one piece, and I somehow marathon-d the first 30 episodes in the first night.

The Animation is incredible, the colors are vivid and inviting. They manage to encapsulate emotion/atmosphere in every scene. The way they depict these scenarios are phenomenal. After coming off one piece (I've still yet to finish the darn island because the animation is terrible/filler/etc) this show introduced me to what a quality anime is (Please for the love of god CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG), the main protagonists are likable, they each have their own personality that isn't cliche. Leoreo was someone I kept my eye on. The moment he revealed why he wanted to become a hunter, I knew that from that point onwards, each character would be developed.

The characters aren't forced on you, Gon's childish personality is conveyed brilliantly, He's not some annoying kid who wants to become a hero for the hell of it, he knows that the world will kick him while he's down. He acknowledges that this world is cruel, but still manages to find pure delight in it.

Im not gonna write an entire review on it, but If anyone's willing to give the series A try, I'd recommend it. I honestly just wanted to convey my opinion on it, but this next part will have spoilers:

*SPOILER WARNING**

Honestly I don't understand the Hype with the Yorknew city Arc. The Arc cemented Kurapika as my favorite character (as im sure everyone else would agree) but the antagonists (for the mostpart) were 1-dimensional. The shadow troupe consists of murderers... And..? They only flush out 1/4 of the darn cast! The Samurai, The string Lady, the vacuum lady...? They kill people... But what else? The samurai got angry about the murder of his friend, but outside of that he's just a jerk. The leader of the darn troupe was just as 1 dimensional as the string lady, He can steal powers, and he kills people... Now tell me, besides wanting to develop a powerful main antagonist, why is it that wanting to steal a few priceless treasures(And I use the word priceless loosley) Require the murder of 5000 cops, 3000(innocent?) civilians, and the murder of the entire Mafia..? I mean they couldn't just have snuck in and out? Their plans are clichè, and for the most part they kill because they can.

The Chimera Arc wasn't that fantanimus... The narration during episodes 100 -120, was just awful. If not for that, I would be writing this two weeks ago, but gosh why is it that every obvious attribute is conveyed? Do I need a narrator to tell me that I need to breath? no? then tell me why I must need one to convey the emotions of a character. By this i mean, The narrator's purpose was to spit on the beautiful nature of allowing the scene to convey itself. The narrator did nothing but reiterate the obvious, and he accomplished it poorly.

Another thing that bothered me about the Chimera Ant Arc were the royal guards (except Pitou?). I'll leave her out of this because She seemed to have some of her character conveyed. But Pitou and Youpi were just cliche shoenen villians. Pouf's motivation didn't even make any sense. "I must not allow the king to develop character because... He's the king?" I mean what was that?! If anything, it only made the king's development more notable. Meruem was just a brillian character, He's what made the Arc. It was he who saw the comparison about humans and Ants, about how they're the same thing, just two species willing to utilize any means for their survival. It's a shame that this was only built upon nearing the end of the Arc, but it's what drew me back in.

The Greed Island Arc was my favorite to be honest. The premise was: Go on an adventure and have fun, and It was done brilliantly! The final conflict between Gon and Gunthru was powerful, it encompassed Gon's perspective towards what it meant to be a hunter/getting stronger. He knew that his reluctance to follow the plan might engender his death, but That's what made the conflict as incredible as it was.

So tell me, What are your thoughts? What's your favorite arc?
The earth is a place where the evil of many can overcome us, But the earth is also a place where all these people can interact and become strong together, me and my friends seek the end the terror of these "time stoppers" Lets put an end to it, It's what goku would've wanted, It's the legacy we've inherited from the saiyans! Go!

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:12:41 AM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Every arc (besides Zoldyck arc) was just brilliant. Each arc introduced us to an incredible cast of characters each with their own niche. What I admire most about it was the animation... I mean, I started watching it nearing the end of the Fishman-Island Arc of one piece, and I somehow marathon-d the first 30 episodes in the first night.

The Animation is incredible, the colors are vivid and inviting. They manage to encapsulate emotion/atmosphere in every scene. The way they depict these scenarios are phenomenal. After coming off one piece (I've still yet to finish the darn island because the animation is terrible/filler/etc) this show introduced me to what a quality anime is (Please for the love of god CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG), the main protagonists are likable, they each have their own personality that isn't cliche. Leoreo was someone I kept my eye on. The moment he revealed why he wanted to become a hunter, I knew that from that point onwards, each character would be developed.

P.S Edit:I did mention Hunting for your dreams but I did forget to mention how good the ENTIRE OST as a whole is, it's so atmospheric,captivating and majestic at just the right times and places, definitely a contender for the top 10 best OST's of all time.

The characters aren't forced on you, Gon's childish personality is conveyed brilliantly, He's not some annoying kid who wants to become a hero for the hell of it, he knows that the world will kick him while he's down. He acknowledges that this world is cruel, but still manages to find pure delight in it.

Im not gonna write an entire review on it, but If anyone's willing to give the series A try, I'd recommend it. I honestly just wanted to convey my opinion on it, but this next part will have spoilers:

*SPOILER WARNING**

Honestly I don't understand the Hype with the Yorknew city Arc. The Arc cemented Kurapika as my favorite character (as im sure everyone else would agree) but the antagonists (for the mostpart) were 1-dimensional. The shadow troupe consists of murderers... And..? They only flush out 1/4 of the darn cast! The Samurai, The string Lady, the vacuum lady...? They kill people... But what else? The samurai got angry about the murder of his friend, but outside of that he's just a jerk. The leader of the darn troupe was just as 1 dimensional as the string lady, He can steal powers, and he kills people... Now tell me, besides wanting to develop a powerful main antagonist, why is it that wanting to steal a few priceless treasures(And I use the word priceless loosley) Require the murder of 5000 cops, 3000(innocent?) civilians, and the murder of the entire Mafia..? I mean they couldn't just have snuck in and out? Their plans are clichè, and for the most part they kill because they can.

The Chimera Arc wasn't that fantanimus... The narration during episodes 100 -120, was just awful. If not for that, I would be writing this two weeks ago, but gosh why is it that every obvious attribute is conveyed? Do I need a narrator to tell me that I need to breath? no? then tell me why I must need one to convey the emotions of a character. By this i mean, The narrator's purpose was to spit on the beautiful nature of allowing the scene to convey itself. The narrator did nothing but reiterate the obvious, and he accomplished it poorly.

Another thing that bothered me about the Chimera Ant Arc were the royal guards (except Pitou?). I'll leave her out of this because She seemed to have some of her character conveyed. But Pitou and Youpi were just cliche shoenen villians. Pouf's motivation didn't even make any sense. "I must not allow the king to develop character because... He's the king?" I mean what was that?! If anything, it only made the king's development more notable. Meruem was just a brillian character, He's what made the Arc. It was he who saw the comparison about humans and Ants, about how they're the same thing, just two species willing to utilize any means for their survival. It's a shame that this was only built upon nearing the end of the Arc, but it's what drew me back in.

The Greed Island Arc was my favorite to be honest. The premise was: Go on an adventure and have fun, and It was done brilliantly! The final conflict between Gon and Gunthru was powerful, it encompassed Gon's perspective towards what it meant to be a hunter/getting stronger. He knew that his reluctance to follow the plan might engender his death, but That's what made the conflict as incredible as it was.

So tell me, What are your thoughts? What's your favorite arc?

Funny thing is I finished HXH around 2 weeks agos xD

It's a fantastic anime, and imo the best arc is the Yorknew City arc, I just enjoyed the interaction in it alot! And it had all 4 of the main chars interacting at all times! Besides it housed what was in my opinion the BEST fight scene in the entirety of HXH, which was the Kurapika vs Uvogin fight scene, that episode was just so badass! Plus the Yorknew City arc had (again) in my opinion THE BEST OUTRO THEME IN ANIME EVER! if you don't know what I'm talking about, i'm talking about hunting fo dat as- I mean Hunting For Your Dreams. It's.Such.A.Good.popo.Song!

Also if you haven't heard hunting for your dreams you absolutely HAVE to, here it is:
Spoiler for Hidden:

My least favourite arc is the Chimera Ant arc, man like 1/3 of that entire arc(btw can I mention how the most popo boring arc is the LONGEST arc and how much BS that is?)is popo slow mo thoughts and the narrator explaining backstory in the most boring scenes ever....That arc is just so popo lame,dammit.Aside from that the characters aren't that terrible and at least it had 1 good fight scene, or should I say rape scene because Gon absolutely DECIMATED Pitou. And atleast we got to see some Netero Vs. Ant King action and I admit that was really freakin cool if not for the fact that it took around 12 episodes for the fight to start since the raiding of the castle.Seriously this arc was so bad I was about to stop watching this anime and I barely continued through the rest of the episodes.

The Hunter Exam,Zoldyck,Greed Island and 13th Chairman arcs are all perfectly fine if not fantastic in their own rights! I absolutely love each and every one of them (Especially Hunter Exam,Greed Island and 13th Chairman) and they helped make HXH the fantastic anime it is today.

Also:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Manga Spoilers ahead:
Spoiler for Hidden:
I find it really cool how the Dark Continent Arc focuses much more on Ging's journey into the Dark Continent, and how strong they start this arc, I also really like that they involve Kurapika in this arc, aswell as showing Gon going back home(btw after gon was healed by Nanika he returned to normal which means he now has to "relearn" or "reawaken" his nen. Which I find pretty cool)It's just a very cool arc altogether and I think it holds tons of potential if Togashi would stop being a lazy fgt/stops playing Dragon's Quest, dammit
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 02:53:10 AM by Gewku »

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 04:39:45 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
*When i see another hunterxhunter fan*

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 05:14:03 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I was gonna watch it, but then my sister came running into my room raving about it, so I said nvm.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 07:05:24 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Dende Priest
We care.  :r_annoyed: :r_annoyed: :r_annoyed: :r_annoyed:

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 07:36:39 AM »
    • View Profile

Look, I want to say this before I respond to this: I love you.

There are so many things right with this..! Honestly the premise of a gay magic man is what enticed me..
The earth is a place where the evil of many can overcome us, But the earth is also a place where all these people can interact and become strong together, me and my friends seek the end the terror of these "time stoppers" Lets put an end to it, It's what goku would've wanted, It's the legacy we've inherited from the saiyans! Go!

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 07:40:08 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
It is great anime and this is strongest skill in anime!

TAKE THIS! LOVE LOVE LOVE MEH!

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
Look, I want to say this before I respond to this: I love you.

There are so many things right with this..! Honestly the premise of a gay magic man is what enticed me..
He is not really gay, Power turns him on that all.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 04:27:23 PM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 05:06:24 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
Gon was a Great charachter but killua stood out more.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 06:32:31 AM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I still haven't finished the anime. The Chimera ant arc bored me so i stopped watching the anime. I should watch it again

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 07:26:06 PM »
    • View Profile
I still haven't finished the anime. The Chimera ant arc bored me so i stopped watching the anime. I should watch it again

Chimera Ant Bored everyone... Again, It took me 2 weeks to finish a god damn episode... Point is, after episode 119, it dramatically improves! The narration stops a few episodes after, but the emotionally gratifying conclusion to the arc makes the endeavor worth it.