• March 24, 2017, 02:11:55 AM
    peter
  • March 24, 2017, 02:11:42 AM
    jan
  • March 22, 2017, 10:25:59 AM
    this is universe 7 mate, not 6
  • March 22, 2017, 09:13:21 AM
    in a parallel universe it is.... ::)

Topic: Dragon ball super manga universe tournament "spoilers"  (Read 2720 times)

Dragon ball super manga universe tournament "spoilers"
« on: November 23, 2015, 06:32:45 AM »

Offline Vegeta

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Super Saiyan
  • I am a: Fighter
If you do not know what has happened in the manga or don't want to know what happens after the freeza revival saga don't read

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ok so you should be aware now that dbs is heading for a 5v5 tournament from Beerus universe vs champa universe

The team has been announced

Goku
Vegeta
Buu
Piccolo
"Beerus strongest opponent" not whis!!

So vegeta thought gohan should be included as "frankly he has the most potential" vegeta swords . But goku basically replied he's a weak ass naughtyword . At least we can all agree on that

Piccolo is a strange option as he got his ass kicked by the red guy in ROF who is as strong as Zarbon or dodoria according to sorbet.
So I want to know what that's about as yes piccolo is a warrior but he hasn't impressed as of late .

I would imagine buu and piccolo get whis training so they get a massive power boost.

Who do you reckon the 5thh warrior is ?

Rumours are broly , bardock, Pikkon ect or somebody unknown

I think broly and bardock are a good shout as they could finally do the broly saga some justice and make the movies non canon as I personally think he has lots of potential for a story if they changed him . Bardock obviously first SSJ that we know of ( could be first original SSJ ) there's no telling where his power evolved or what he did after chilled .

Also there's a chance we could find the first original SSJ or ssg
One thing for sure is that champas quoted as they need to find some saiyans for his team ! Wonder what counter parts we see!

Discuss guys what you think
Vegeta tw sv 2
GIFSoup

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 07:03:14 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I'm kind of interested in Mr. Piccolo stepping out of retirement if only because it'll probably be his last chance to shine given the fact that it's almost certainly going to become the Goku and Vegeta show as time goes on (if it hasn't already). I'd bet money (if I had money) that it's going to end up showcasing how far he's lagging behind the two main characters. Probably the same with Boo, honestly.

The fifth warrior is Freeza.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Dragon ball super manga universe tournament \"spoilers\"
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »

Offline Vegeta

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Super Saiyan
I don't know I think piccolo and buu need one hell of a boost to catch up to anywhere close to where goku and vegeta are . At the end of the day anyone alive in their universe is so far behind them it's unreal .
But I would have thought they were too weak for whis training

And piccolos main boosts came from fusion with nail and kami . Other than that he's been pretty weak behind gohan goku and vegeta .
Maybe a dende boost ? But then that couldn't bring much power
Vegeta tw sv 2
GIFSoup

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 07:46:27 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
I don't know I think piccolo and buu need one hell of a boost to catch up to anywhere close to where goku and vegeta are . At the end of the day anyone alive in their universe is so far behind them it's unreal .
But I would have thought they were too weak for whis training

And piccolos main boosts came from fusion with nail and kami . Other than that he's been pretty weak behind gohan goku and vegeta .
Maybe a dende boost ? But then that couldn't bring much power

That's exactly what I was saying, though, that Boo and Piccolo are lagging behind.

Honestly, the whole series just seems to kind of be going in the direction I was speculating it would, with Goku and Vegeta becoming so head and shoulders above the rest of the cast that it's not even funny. Piccolo and Boo will probably just end up being fall guys to showcase how powerful the new characters are.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 07:50:05 AM »

Offline Vegeta

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Super Saiyan
It would be interesting. To have the earths switch universe so then there are new enemies and allies for us too see . As the universe they are currently in is now pointless as nothing can compete with them . That's the way I think it's going to go
Vegeta tw sv 2
GIFSoup

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 09:47:23 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 75 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
It won't be Broly or Bardock.
Broly is unassociated with the canon in any way, shape, or form, and would directly contradict the Freeza arc.
Toriyama already said Bardock probably won't appear again, because he'd never be able to keep up with the others.
And for the record, Bardock was NEVER a Super-Saiyajin, and that whole thing is merely a spin-off of Dragon Ball Heroes, and he should not be considered as the "original Super-Saiyajin."

Granted, I could be wrong, but honestly, it really shouldn't be either of those two, and in all likelihood won't be. Especially not Broly, because he gets way more attention than he deserves as is.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 09:52:11 AM »

Offline Vegeta

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Super Saiyan
I'm a huge broly fan tbh . Well I'm not a broly fan as in the actual character but I'm a fan of the idea of a legendary super Saiyan . The actual character was a mindless Villian and let's not even talk about broly s next 2 films xD god dam bio broly smh .

I hope we see the other universe versions of our z fighters
Vegeta tw sv 2
GIFSoup

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 06:23:53 AM »

Offline SkyHero20

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Evolution brings people to Revolution
i agree @Vegeta the idea LSSJ is pretty good except it was on a big character. i have a strong opinion though that becoming LSSJ isn't actually looking like broly meaning the big buff body but though the colour of it is good like SSJ=yellow/gold hair and aura LSSJ=lime/light green hair and aura(except with white eyes) i think that they got the big buff body part to make it different from ssj

expect the unexpected

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 03:45:57 AM »
    • View Profile
  • A God amongst men
We keep forgetting the movies aren't canon. So technically we wont know how strong piccolo is until next episode of super. The overlap between the movies and the show is confusing us in terms of how strong people are. Now if piccolo gets his ass whooped next episode then I'll be second guessing the decision goku made, but at the current moment we cant say anythin about piccolo's power level because technically we don't know. Just like how the movie didn't explain that vegeta trained with whis for 6 months prior to goku which allowed him to raise his ki to god ki to be on par with goku. The movies just gave us a general overview of what we will see in super. And now that super is here we can for all purposes ignore the movies.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 05:50:43 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
We keep forgetting the movies aren't canon. So technically we wont know how strong piccolo is until next episode of super. The overlap between the movies and the show is confusing us in terms of how strong people are. Now if piccolo gets his ass whooped next episode then I'll be second guessing the decision goku made, but at the current moment we cant say anythin about piccolo's power level because technically we don't know. Just like how the movie didn't explain that vegeta trained with whis for 6 months prior to goku which allowed him to raise his ki to god ki to be on par with goku. The movies just gave us a general overview of what we will see in super. And now that super is here we can for all purposes ignore the movies.

I disagree. There's some stuff in Super that just doesn't flow right, and it comes off as being mostly filler. Also, from the way I understand it, Toriyama DID NOT have a hand in the Super versions of the Beerus and Golden Freeza arcs, as opposed to the movies (this is further supported by the DBS manga jumping ahead past the Golden Freeza arc).
While I initially would have agreed, having seen what I have in Super, it seems a bit odd how much it outright contradicts Dragon Ball lore (which, granted, BoG did to some degree, having Videl pregnant with Pan 7 years before the epilogue, instead of 5... but Super seems to begin a mere 6 months after the Buu arc, making it very confusing. Worse yet, it ignores Tarble, who was also mentioned in Battle of Gods, and despite the Jump Special not being fairly well-known, it was made by Toriyama).
As it stands, the first two arcs of Super are frankly what I'd consider non-canon (at least until Toriyama himself, or someone heavily associated with him states otherwise), as they reek of Toei. After those two  arcs, then I'd consider Super canon, but before that, they're just filler in my eyes.

Also, you can't even complain about the overlap between the movies and the show, as the non-Goku/Vegeta characters were made even more pitiful in Super than they were in BoG, to the point where they were knocked on their asses just by Beerus powering up.

i agree @Vegeta the idea LSSJ is pretty good except it was on a big character. i have a strong opinion though that becoming LSSJ isn't actually looking like broly meaning the big buff body but though the colour of it is good like SSJ=yellow/gold hair and aura LSSJ=lime/light green hair and aura(except with white eyes) i think that they got the big buff body part to make it different from ssj
Broly's LSSJ hair wasn't green. It was the effect of the brainwashing device. Not sure why it turned his hair green, even after it was destroyed, but that's why his hair is golden in the other two movies.

Also, for the record, the form Goku and the others use is canonically the Legendary Super-Saiyajin. This is supported not only by the entirety of the lore in the Freeza arc (such as Goku's speech after transforming), but also even by the newest movie, when Vegeta states that he too became the Legendary Super-Saiyajin.

...But don't mind me. I'm just here to ruin everyone's fun. :P

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 08:36:17 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
You know, the roster for this tournament is actually kind of clever now that I think about it. This is a tournament of gods, right? Well Goku, Beerus, and now Vegeta are all considered gods, but here’s something that probably slipped the minds of everyone else: Piccolo and Boo are participating because they’re part god, both by merit of assimilating with people who held divine positions. Granted, neither of them are gods by profession, but that’s the obvious reason Piccolo and Boo would be used over Gohan in particular, who’s presumably stronger than either of them.

The last candidate is probably going to be Whis if we follow that logic, since it seems to be a matter of who the strongest person considered a “god” is. If not Whis, it’s probably either a completely new character, though Towa or Kaioshin of Time could fit the role if we’re pulling in characters of their sort.

With respect to canonicity, Nia’s right about Toriyama having seemingly no involvement in Super, and if that’s your base criteria for canon, them the new movies should be considered canon, not Super. Personally, I lost track of what is and isn’t canon with all of the new material. I think it may actually be best to just consider the original manga “canon” rather than account for all of the stuff in recent years. I’m pretty sure that’s what most manga that see later revivals go by, but I don’t know much about the topic.

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 09:08:05 AM »

Offline Vegeta

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Super Saiyan
Whis is not the 5th fighter that is confirmed In  The translation .

I good rumour I heard is about gohan fighting .
Vegeta requests that there is a written test so they do not fight brainless opponents .

This in turn will make Buu fail and will result in gohan being selected after all .

Otherwise there is no reason for this test if that's not the outcome it's heading towards
Vegeta tw sv 2
GIFSoup

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 10:38:49 AM »

Offline Adrastos

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Human
This could always be the way Uub is introduced into the series. Before the Earths Tournament comes up, Goku goes out looking for a 5th member, who then learns from King Yama that Kid Buu has been reincarnated an x-amount of years ago and happens to be participating in the Tournament. Goku then goes to the Tournament to put Uub to the test and later offers to train him(code for let's beat up some Gods.)

Not too Farfetch'd I hope.

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 11:10:16 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
At this point it's hard for me to be invested in Super as I loved the movies and consider Z to be far superior to what little I've seen of Super at this point.  I'll probably just stick to the old Z manga and read up on what happens in Super.

I agree with Kiyza that Piccolo is probably not going to be much of a presence.  He's so far behind the others that any excuse given for even going near Goku and Vegeta would probably be absolute bull.  I can see Buu putting up a fight seeing as the magical nature of the Buu race and how unexplained it is.  It's possible he could gain some new transformations, or possibly even go back into his old ones, seeing as they seem to be based on emotion.  But there's a good chance he'll just be fodder as well.

Personally I really don't want Gohan to fight.  Gohan has made it clear time after time again that he doesn't really like fighting like his father does, and only fights if he has no choice.  I'd prefer him to stick to more of a support role than trying to do the whole "become strongest in the universe" thing again, as Toriyama dropped that whole concept twice already.

Am I the only one who kinda wants to see Krillin as the 5th fighter? ._.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 12:20:35 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
The last candidate is probably going to be Whis if we follow that logic, since it seems to be a matter of who the strongest person considered a “god” is. If not Whis, it’s probably either a completely new character, though Towa or Kaioshin of Time could fit the role if we’re pulling in characters of their sort.

I doubt it would be the Kaioshin of Time, but damn, that would be a great way to toss her in.

Whis is not the 5th fighter that is confirmed In  The translation .

I good rumour I heard is about gohan fighting .
Vegeta requests that there is a written test so they do not fight brainless opponents .

This in turn will make Buu fail and will result in gohan being selected after all .

Otherwise there is no reason for this test if that's not the outcome it's heading towards

Well, in that case, I guess Goku won't be in this series after all, what with being a dumbass and all...

Am I the only one who kinda wants to see Krillin as the 5th fighter? ._.

*checks phone*

"Is... is... IS IT KURIRIN TIME!?"