[July 20, 2017, 09:50:35 AM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 06:31:31 PM
    :r_flame:
  • Yesterday at 02:10:48 PM
    I don't know what this Patrick is, but it sounds like Yajirobe.
  • July 27, 2017, 02:28:45 AM
    :grin:
  • July 25, 2017, 06:24:14 AM
    [link]  :))
  • July 25, 2017, 02:31:39 AM
    Illidan, is that you?
  • July 25, 2017, 02:10:13 AM
    :r_worried:
  • July 24, 2017, 04:21:06 PM
    after 10,000 years im free! time to conquer earth!
  • July 24, 2017, 01:26:08 AM
    :r_worried: :r_annoyed:
  • July 23, 2017, 07:41:21 AM
    8)
  • July 22, 2017, 06:06:28 AM
    another one bites the dust... :yamcha:
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:14 AM
    ...Which was a pretty stupid idea in hindsight.
  • July 22, 2017, 02:42:05 AM
    More like it's the first time I've bothered to clean since I moved in here.
  • July 21, 2017, 01:44:11 PM
    Nia's doing dust. Call the cops!
  • July 21, 2017, 03:40:19 AM
    :grin:
  • July 20, 2017, 09:31:29 PM
    weak...xD
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:58 PM
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • July 20, 2017, 04:31:46 PM
    I inhaled a bunch of dust while cleaning and moving a bunch of junk around, so I'm sick.
  • July 20, 2017, 07:50:11 AM
    :vomit:
  • July 19, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
    Hey guys! coldy here hows everyone doing?
  • July 19, 2017, 06:16:14 PM
    :8000:
  • July 19, 2017, 02:34:09 AM
    :yamcha:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:29 AM
    :senzu:
  • July 19, 2017, 01:14:25 AM
    Your face is dead.
  • July 16, 2017, 09:57:03 AM
    ;)
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:53 AM
    YOOOOO
  • July 16, 2017, 09:56:12 AM
    dead as naughtyword
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:30 AM
    ?*
  • July 16, 2017, 01:56:24 AM
    Tried with net adapter repair, it will run through the basic fixes
  • July 16, 2017, 12:52:20 AM
    turned this sh*t off, went to sleep, got back the next day to have this damn problem
  • July 16, 2017, 12:51:40 AM
    i f*cking hate technology when it's b*tching around for no reason!

Topic: Random Thread  (Read 3417 times)

Random Thread
« on: November 09, 2015, 10:49:14 PM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there
  • I am a: Martial Artist
I'm really bored lately, so just talk about whatever. I will attempt to start conversation by mentioning Xenoverse, and asking how the PvP atmosphere is. I have yet to play it, but hope to buy it for PS3 soon.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:53:37 PM by Tech Sheep »
"[Witty statement]"

Random Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 05:35:35 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I'm really bored lately, so just talk about whatever. I will attempt to start conversation by mentioning Xenoverse, and asking how the PvP atmosphere is. I have yet to play it, but hope to buy it for PS3 soon.

@Nia said the PS3 version isn't that great. Can't remember why though. I bet he'd gladly came and rant about it since he's really good at that.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Random Thread
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there
@Nia said the PS3 version isn't that great. Can't remember why though. I bet he'd gladly came and rant about it since he's really good at that.
PS3 is all I've got.
"[Witty statement]"

Random Thread
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 03:23:26 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 76 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master

No, the PS3 version is fine.
It's the PC version I said wasn't great.

The PS3 version does suffer from a bit of slowdown (although it used to be much worse, though was never unplayable, and the majority of it was patched out). Other than that it's perfectly solid.
The PC version on the other hand... is such a rushed port, and is hilariously broken.

As for the PvP, I don't really pay much attention to it, other than the occasional 3v3 battle (and if you get saddled with an AI partner, you're pretty well screwed).

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Random Thread
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 08:53:34 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Permanently
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Is anyone here possibly fluent in French? I want to write a song about my beloved shiny Meloetta, and all the things i wish to do to her once I manage to get my hands on her using the structure as "Alouette, gentille alouette".

Meloetta, gentille Meloetta
Meloetta, je te baiseras~♥

no

Random Thread
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 09:21:39 AM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there
No, the PS3 version is fine.
It's the PC version I said wasn't great.

The PS3 version does suffer from a bit of slowdown (although it used to be much worse, though was never unplayable, and the majority of it was patched out). Other than that it's perfectly solid.
The PC version on the other hand... is such a rushed port, and is hilariously broken.

As for the PvP, I don't really pay much attention to it, other than the occasional 3v3 battle (and if you get saddled with an AI partner, you're pretty well screwed).
Thank you.
Is anyone here possibly fluent in French? I want to write a song about my beloved shiny Meloetta, and all the things i wish to do to her once I manage to get my hands on her using the structure as "Alouette, gentille alouette".

Meloetta, gentille Meloetta
Meloetta, je te baiseras~♥

I am questioning why I'm not blowing my brains out after seeing the demonic creature that was whatever the **** that was
"[Witty statement]"

Random Thread
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 04:14:11 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I'm just Saiyan, I'M GONNA WRECK IT!
  • I am a: Fighter
I was on the Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst Steam commnity and found this

Random Thread
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 06:11:18 PM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there
I was on the Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst Steam commnity and found this

Oh gods why.

Update: I have Xenoverse on PS3. Currently maining a human and wondering what you think the most powerful energy wave ultimate is, as I have been using Final Flash and Special Beam Cannon, but feel like I can do something stronger...
"[Witty statement]"

Random Thread
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 10:57:00 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Update: I have Xenoverse on PS3. Currently maining a human and wondering what you think the most powerful energy wave ultimate is, as I have been using Final Flash and Special Beam Cannon, but feel like I can do something stronger...

If I'm remembering correctly, Makankosappo (Special Beam Cannon) has a reasonably long start up, but it makes up for it by having a piercing property that makes it unblockable, plus you can charge it and it does a lot of damage. Kienzan (Destructo Disc) has similar properties but I'm pretty sure it does less damage.

I never got to play around with every super in the game, but Makankosappo is still really good even later on because of its unblockable property. For the best damage output, I'd recommend focusing on ki based supers rather than spreading points into physical attacks, but that might have helped more because my base build was a Namekian who made movie Bane look small. The actual properties of your attacks are more important than their damage output. A move that's more consistent in its usage is often better, and charge attacks are better against the mentally disabled AI.

I can give you some tips on a decent build for AI matches (which worked pretty well against some friends too) and general strategies to maximize effectiveness, but I don't think I was particularly good at the game, someone else has probably figured out a way to exploit it better, and my tips are  going to be biased toward my character archetype (big, slow, high base physical output, improved ki damage).

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

Random Thread
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 11:31:24 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
If I'm remembering correctly, Makankosappo (Special Beam Cannon) has a reasonably long start up, but it makes up for it by having a piercing property that makes it unblockable, plus you can charge it and it does a lot of damage. Kienzan (Destructo Disc) has similar properties but I'm pretty sure it does less damage.

I never got to play around with every super in the game, but Makankosappo is still really good even later on because of its unblockable property. For the best damage output, I'd recommend focusing on ki based supers rather than spreading points into physical attacks, but that might have helped more because my base build was a Namekian who made movie Bane look small. The actual properties of your attacks are more important than their damage output. A move that's more consistent in its usage is often better, and charge attacks are better against the mentally disabled AI.

I can give you some tips on a decent build for AI matches (which worked pretty well against some friends too) and general strategies to maximize effectiveness, but I don't think I was particularly good at the game, someone else has probably figured out a way to exploit it better, and my tips are  going to be biased toward my character archetype (big, slow, high base physical output, improved ki damage).

Yeah i just punched everything too
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Random Thread
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 03:45:06 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

Actually, Makankosappo is one of the fastest Ultimates. It's weakness is that it's hitbox is so small that it's easy to miss with, especially against an already moving foe.

Oh gods why.

Actually, those are both pretty good ults. Beerus' Sphere of Destruction has a bit of a wind up (much like Final Flash), but it tracks the enemy a little, and can do good damage. Goku's Super Kamehame-Ha is also pretty good, and has a relatively quick charge up.

If you have the DLC, Freeza's Emperor's Death Beam is probably the single strongest attack in the game, but... it's not a good choice for anyone other than a Super-Saiyajin, due to it's nature. Rather than being "you pay 3 Ki bars to use it each time," it instead uses 3 Ki bars to activate, and then it drains your Ki as long as you hold it down (much like the Final Shine attack). It's fast, it's hilariously powerful, and it's virtually impossible to escape when it hits, but unless you've got that SSJ ability to sustain it, it's not worth it (which means a human should ignore it, ultimately).

If you feel your ults are weak, it's probably because you're not boosting blast damage enough, or your equipment is bringing it down majorly. Either that, or you're expecting more out of it than it can simply muster.

The only real weaknesses to Final Flash/Sphere of Destruction is the lengthy charge times that give an enemy a lot of time to break your guard.

Random Thread
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 04:01:59 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Yeah i just punched everything too

That's basically what I'd do in Xenoverse if I had it.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Random Thread
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 05:38:09 AM »

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
  • I am a: Majin
That's basically what I'd do in Xenoverse if I had it.
I punched my way through the story.
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

Random Thread
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 09:51:30 AM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there

Makenkosappo isn't a super, and it takes about half a second to start up. It also can't be charged (from what I know). It's just that it's smaller than Final Flash. Atm I have a balanced build, as I prefer to be flexible in fights. Humans are supposed to be adaptable, right?

Actually, Makankosappo is one of the fastest Ultimates. It's weakness is that it's hitbox is so small that it's easy to miss with, especially against an already moving foe.
Actually, those are both pretty good ults. Beerus' Sphere of Destruction has a bit of a wind up (much like Final Flash), but it tracks the enemy a little, and can do good damage. Goku's Super Kamehame-Ha is also pretty good, and has a relatively quick charge up.

If you have the DLC, Freeza's Emperor's Death Beam is probably the single strongest attack in the game, but... it's not a good choice for anyone other than a Super-Saiyajin, due to it's nature. Rather than being "you pay 3 Ki bars to use it each time," it instead uses 3 Ki bars to activate, and then it drains your Ki as long as you hold it down (much like the Final Shine attack). It's fast, it's hilariously powerful, and it's virtually impossible to escape when it hits, but unless you've got that SSJ ability to sustain it, it's not worth it (which means a human should ignore it, ultimately).

If you feel your ults are weak, it's probably because you're not boosting blast damage enough, or your equipment is bringing it down majorly. Either that, or you're expecting more out of it than it can simply muster.

The only real weaknesses to Final Flash/Sphere of Destruction is the lengthy charge times that give an enemy a lot of time to break your guard.

Thanks, but it's not that I think my ultimates are weak. I just want to know if I can get stronger ones or not. I'm only around level 65 (even though I've beaten the game) and the max is at least 80, so I figure I should still have some growing to do. I don't have the DLC yet though, sadly.

So, how about Victory Rush? It seems to be pretty good, considering it seems do to more than final flash (which is the same damage as special beam cannon but that's besides the point) and teleports to the target. I figure it's better than Instant Transmission...

I've also been considering Afterimage, as that seems quite useful, but then I have to sacrifice my All Clear or Galick Gun, or most likely my more ranged attack. I've been using Instant Transmission, All Clear, and Galick Gun for a while, but I've found Die Die Missile Barrage to be pretty useful once I knock somebody away with a combo, so I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what to get rid of for said Afterimage. And yes, I use Galick Gun. It's a pretty fast energy wave, and it still gets the job done really well.
"[Witty statement]"

Random Thread
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 01:29:40 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Makenkosappo isn't a super, and it takes about half a second to start up. It also can't be charged (from what I know). It's just that it's smaller than Final Flash. Atm I have a balanced build, as I prefer to be flexible in fights. Humans are supposed to be adaptable, right?

Thanks, but it's not that I think my ultimates are weak. I just want to know if I can get stronger ones or not. I'm only around level 65 (even though I've beaten the game) and the max is at least 80, so I figure I should still have some growing to do. I don't have the DLC yet though, sadly.

So, how about Victory Rush? It seems to be pretty good, considering it seems do to more than final flash (which is the same damage as special beam cannon but that's besides the point) and teleports to the target. I figure it's better than Instant Transmission...

I've also been considering Afterimage, as that seems quite useful, but then I have to sacrifice my All Clear or Galick Gun, or most likely my more ranged attack. I've been using Instant Transmission, All Clear, and Galick Gun for a while, but I've found Die Die Missile Barrage to be pretty useful once I knock somebody away with a combo, so I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what to get rid of for said Afterimage. And yes, I use Galick Gun. It's a pretty fast energy wave, and it still gets the job done really well.

The max level cap was raised to 99 quite some time ago (I think around the time DLC Pack 3 came out), and does not require the DLC to reach it.

As far as physical ultimates go, I actually can't say, as my main character ignores melee supers/ultimates entirely (I can combo normal attacks more effectively than pouring extra points into melee supers).
Supposedly, Blue Hurricane is the most powerful melee ultimate, but it's a bit annoying to control and looks pretty stupid, so you may wanna stick to Victory Rush (which I have heard is a pretty good ult).
You may as well drop Shunkan Ido (Instant Transmission for the record), as it's virtually worthless due to it's slow speed, and the fact that enemies can easily track you, especially if you intend on using Afterimage/Zanzoken, since you definitely don't need two of those escape-type skills, particularly when you also have an evasion skill at your disposal. Another route would be to use a counter attack, as those work even on Oozaru and Demigra's 2nd form (or for a laugh, use Para Para Dance on Demigra after breaking his Super Armor... seriously, I'm not even kidding, you can do that, and it is hilarious, even though the dance is pretty much the most useless ability in the game outside of just trolling your opponent).
All Clear is pretty good overall, and there's absolutely no reason to think Gyarikku-Ho (Galick Gun) isn't good, as it's well balanced (I only replaced it because there's a better version from DLC Pack 2 that you can get from a quest with Mira), and is quite good to end a combo with.

Random Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 02:10:04 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Wow translations updates are so boring

Random Thread
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 03:34:53 AM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there
Wow translations updates are so boring

I can take a guess at that. Altering text... Altering more text... At least you're translating it into the most widely spoken language in the world, so priority for translating it again doesn't need to be there immediately.

The max level cap was raised to 99 quite some time ago (I think around the time DLC Pack 3 came out), and does not require the DLC to reach it.

As far as physical ultimates go, I actually can't say, as my main character ignores melee supers/ultimates entirely (I can combo normal attacks more effectively than pouring extra points into melee supers).
Supposedly, Blue Hurricane is the most powerful melee ultimate, but it's a bit annoying to control and looks pretty stupid, so you may wanna stick to Victory Rush (which I have heard is a pretty good ult).
You may as well drop Shunkan Ido (Instant Transmission for the record), as it's virtually worthless due to it's slow speed, and the fact that enemies can easily track you, especially if you intend on using Afterimage/Zanzoken, since you definitely don't need two of those escape-type skills, particularly when you also have an evasion skill at your disposal. Another route would be to use a counter attack, as those work even on Oozaru and Demigra's 2nd form (or for a laugh, use Para Para Dance on Demigra after breaking his Super Armor... seriously, I'm not even kidding, you can do that, and it is hilarious, even though the dance is pretty much the most useless ability in the game outside of just trolling your opponent).
All Clear is pretty good overall, and there's absolutely no reason to think Gyarikku-Ho (Galick Gun) isn't good, as it's well balanced (I only replaced it because there's a better version from DLC Pack 2 that you can get from a quest with Mira), and is quite good to end a combo with.

Oh, sweet.

I'm a fan of energy too, but again, got'ta be adaptable. Well, if you're considering anything, Orin Combo has worked for me for a while, just kind of as a combo finisher. Or Meteor Rush... Whatever. And yeah, All Clear is amazing. And it's also just you slapping whatever's in front of you a couple miles away, so that's always nice.

(I cri from DLC but thank you for the information)
"[Witty statement]"

Random Thread
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 03:47:27 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
I can take a guess at that. Altering text... Altering more text... At least you're translating it into the most widely spoken language in the world, so priority for translating it again doesn't need to be tkhere immediately.

That awkward moment when you're translating from the most spoken language to the third most spoken language

Random Thread
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 03:49:35 AM »

Offline Tech Sheep

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Kind of just there
That awkward moment when you're translating from the most spoken language to the third most spoken language

Widely spoken. Or I'm just way too American.
"[Witty statement]"

Random Thread
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Widely spoken. Or I'm just way too American.

English clocks in at the third most widely spoken language.
After Spanish, then After Chinese.