this is universe 7 mate, not 6
  • Yesterday at 09:13:21 AM
    in a parallel universe it is.... ::)
  • Yesterday at 09:06:41 AM
    because thats obviously dutch :P
  • Yesterday at 02:00:01 AM
    is it [link]
  • Yesterday at 01:55:16 AM
    i doubt you can guess my name, because my name is so damn dutch you wont guess it
  • Yesterday at 01:54:53 AM
    nah im not a jackson
  • March 21, 2017, 12:21:50 PM
    Jackson. You look like a Jackson
  • March 21, 2017, 10:05:23 AM
    What's my name
  • March 20, 2017, 09:15:10 PM
    [link]
  • March 20, 2017, 07:10:18 PM
    theoretically i can make meth now xD
  • March 20, 2017, 07:08:40 PM
    we do loads of stuff in chem
  • March 20, 2017, 04:45:38 PM
    Oh, right. Wasn't even chem... I never did a thing in chemistry lab then
  • March 20, 2017, 10:34:36 AM
    i once dissected a fish
  • March 20, 2017, 10:34:14 AM
    isnt that more of a biology thing?
  • March 20, 2017, 07:26:58 AM
    Well... more like just cutting around and not having a clue what was going on
  • March 20, 2017, 07:26:34 AM
    At least you guys did something in chemistry class. I only remember opening a cow heart.
  • March 20, 2017, 04:10:03 AM
    there was a gaping hole in it
  • March 20, 2017, 04:09:53 AM
    once i burnt the bottom of an aluminium can because i had the torch set on a high temperature
  • March 20, 2017, 04:07:05 AM
    that's why the safety in chem class is always put on top
  • March 19, 2017, 09:06:11 PM
    but no worries. My face is alright. Just had some red spots on my face because of the burn thx to that liquid sh*t.
  • March 19, 2017, 09:04:13 PM
    woah...that was hard man [link]
  • March 19, 2017, 01:06:08 PM
    Also, yeah. I read something about that, but didn't get too much into the news so I don't know more than that
  • March 19, 2017, 01:05:48 PM
    Story time with Luffy! I guess that explains your messed up face...
  • March 19, 2017, 10:00:43 AM
    btw..anyone reading dbs manga? cuz things go different there...in the newest chapter vegeta transformed into the red colored ssj god to fight black xD
  • March 19, 2017, 09:54:37 AM
    could've gone blind. my teacher got really mad at whoever didn't wash their damn spoon properly

Topic: Halo 5! (Halo Discussion Thread)  (Read 2255 times)

Halo 5! (Halo Discussion Thread)
« on: October 26, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Lets do this! >:D
  • I am a: Fighter
I havent really been on the hype train for Halo 5... But I've never seen a Halo discussion thread, or even halo being spoken of. I've been playing halo since I was 9, I started out with halo 3. But enough about that, Why not start a thread discussion the UNIVERSE of halo? I'm not really into the lore but I don't see the problem in allowing halo fans to discuss the lore, the multiplayer, forging, custom games, etc.

So who's excited for Halo five's release tomorrow..? Less than 24 hours until we can finally see the revolution 343 is bringing upon us. What are your thoughts?
The earth is a place where the evil of many can overcome us, But the earth is also a place where all these people can interact and become strong together, me and my friends seek the end the terror of these "time stoppers" Lets put an end to it, It's what goku would've wanted, It's the legacy we've inherited from the saiyans! Go!

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
My thoughts are that it seems like an interesting plot-line, but ultimately we all know what is going to happen.

The Halo Series in terms of serious story-telling ended for me in Halo 3, buddy.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 02:40:08 PM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
My hype for Halo died ever since Halo 5 was announced only a year after Halo 4. I knew why it was happening; 343 Industries was not trying to deliver story for Bungie fans. They were trying to milk Bungie's cashcow. They don't respect their dedication to lore. Re-releasing each single game was not a tribute to Bungie. It was making money off of their work, so yeah. I don't appreciate 343 and their work.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 03:42:12 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 26 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I've only played Halo 1 for like 15 minutes in story mode. Other than that, I've only played Halo 3 with friends in multiplayer mode. I've never been a fan of the games but I find the multiplayer mode quite enjoyable.

Last time I played a Halo game, Halo 4 was just starting to be available for pre-purchase (which was like 4 or 5 years ago, I think) so I haven't tried Halo 4 or anything that came after that (if there was anything). I never tried Halo 2 or ODST either.

I can't talk about the story, lore or the Halo universe but I can say that up to Halo 3, the multiplayer was really amazing. I enjoyed it till the last moment, even while playing against friend that played Halo all the time while I had no knowledge of the game at all.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 10:01:33 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
  • Honor: 15 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Thought I'd shoot my way out, mix things up a bit.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I may or may not have just bought like 3 Halo books along with XCOM 2: Resurrection off of Barnes and Noble for 68 cents. So you could say I'm fairly hyped I guess...  Okay, now I know I'm lying, I'm ultra hyped and I still need an Xbox One for it.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 12:59:20 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I may or may not have just bought like 3 Halo books along with XCOM 2: Resurrection off of Barnes and Noble for 68 cents. So you could say I'm fairly hyped I guess...  Okay, now I know I'm lying, I'm ultra hyped and I still need an Xbox One for it.

Well, at least you're honest. :P
MarineCorps

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 01:27:56 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Lets do this! >:D
  • I am a: Fighter
My hype for Halo died ever since Halo 5 was announced only a year after Halo 4. I knew why it was happening; 343 Industries was not trying to deliver story for Bungie fans. They were trying to milk Bungie's cashcow. They don't respect their dedication to lore. Re-releasing each single game was not a tribute to Bungie. It was making money off of their work, so yeah. I don't appreciate 343 and their work.

I mean quite honestly, I think the work they've done for us was very generous Though i must acknowledge that the company is far from perfect. By keeping the franchise alive, theyve managed to add an incredible amount of lore to it. The lore now expands tp the very origin of the flood to years after the great war. But to say that theyre leeching off bungies work might be a bit of an exxaggeration. every company wants to make money, and to go about it by using the resources they were given is fair. I appreciate the fact that theyve given us the master chief collection, though i think thery way they went about it was terrible. overall, i have faith in the company, and im truly greatful to them for allowing the flame to burn a bit longer.
The earth is a place where the evil of many can overcome us, But the earth is also a place where all these people can interact and become strong together, me and my friends seek the end the terror of these "time stoppers" Lets put an end to it, It's what goku would've wanted, It's the legacy we've inherited from the saiyans! Go!

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 06:34:36 AM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Well, at least you're honest. :P
I'm proud of it! :P

I mean quite honestly, I think the work they've done for us was very generous Though i must acknowledge that the company is far from perfect. By keeping the franchise alive, theyve managed to add an incredible amount of lore to it. The lore now expands tp the very origin of the flood to years after the great war. But to say that theyre leeching off bungies work might be a bit of an exxaggeration. every company wants to make money, and to go about it by using the resources they were given is fair. I appreciate the fact that theyve given us the master chief collection, though i think thery way they went about it was terrible. overall, i have faith in the company, and im truly greatful to them for allowing the flame to burn a bit longer.
I have to fully agree with this and it's only partly be a use I'm a Halo fanboy.

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 09:10:57 AM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I'm so hyped for Halo 5! I'm watching Halo 5: Live on YouTube right now! I preordered it, but I don't know when my parents will let me play it. I actually have faith in 343 even though they screwed up with Halo 4 and Halo: The Master Chief Collection (it's fixed now). With the story mode so far they're clearly doing a better job than Bungie because they are giving the campaign more resemblance to the books. Bungie never did that, in fact, they avoided the books to give the Master Chief the "Lone Spartan" element to the storyline. Multiplayer for Halo 5 also looks stunning with the twist of new and old style of gameplay and this is coming from a guy that loves the classic Halo trilogy multiplayer and despises Halo 4's. Forge also looks amazing even tough it isn't coming until December! I believe that this game will be the best Halo game since Halo 3/Reach.

Well that's my brief opinion on Halo 5: Guardians. See you online!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:11:15 PM by SSJGGoku »

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Bungie never did that, in fact, they avoided the books to give the Master Chief the "Lone Spartan" element to the storyline.
For those who don't know, in the timeline of Halos 1, 2, and 3, there were like 10 spartans on the loose all doing separate missions still, not to mention a third company of Spartan IIIs, which were essentially the ones that did all the real suicide missions and are never spoken about.  Another fun fact:  Around 7 of those are still alive.

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 12:55:10 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Another fun fact:  Around 7 of those are still alive.

SPOILER ALERT!
MarineCorps

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
SPOILER ALERT!
Nah, they're all from books and in the Spartan IV program now.  No real spoiler, just extra lore.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 03:46:57 PM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
A lot of the origins were referenced in the terminals all around Halo. 343 is just adding "plot twists" for dramatic effects and an excuse to try and spawn a whole new trilogy with the same name.

Bungie never avoided the books, but never actually dived straight into them because:
1. Shit would be extremely OP and you would not play at all
2. They weren't exactly written to be followed along with the story. They're mostly prequels sort of.

Master Chief was indeed a lone spartan, because those were the consequences of his actions in heroic and altruist acts, and since he was always getting into places really deep with Cortana's guidance or for Cortana, anyone who followed him died because they weren't able to keep up with his genetically enhanced skills and mjolnir armor. Chief was described as an ultra lethal vector just like Noble Six because they were the only two ranked capable of making entire platoons disappear by themselves.

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 10:45:53 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
A lot of the origins were referenced in the terminals all around Halo. 343 is just adding "plot twists" for dramatic effects and an excuse to try and spawn a whole new trilogy with the same name.

Bungie never avoided the books, but never actually dived straight into them because:
1. Shit would be extremely OP and you would not play at all
2. They weren't exactly written to be followed along with the story. They're mostly prequels sort of.

Master Chief was indeed a lone spartan, because those were the consequences of his actions in heroic and altruist acts, and since he was always getting into places really deep with Cortana's guidance or for Cortana, anyone who followed him died because they weren't able to keep up with his genetically enhanced skills and mjolnir armor. Chief was described as an ultra lethal vector just like Noble Six because they were the only two ranked capable of making entire platoons disappear by themselves.
I know about the terminals, but they really don't give a lot of information, especially if you think The Master Chief and Noble 6 are the only 2 who were capable of wiping out entire platoons.  Pretty much any spartan IIs could do that, as shown in Halo: The Fall of Reach, where Fred, Kelly, and Joshua wiped very nearly wiped out an entire landing force of Covenant Soldiers (Adds up to about 10,000 hostiles in that encounter, not a lot for how many enemies were on Reach, but still) with 3 banshees.  I mean, all they had to do was hijack the banshees with 10000 enemies around and then fly a nuke into the enemy shield just so the EMP doesn't wipe out a generator and then not get caught halfway through (They did).  After all that, they just gotta run and get away, that doesn't sound too hard.  So no, John and Noble 6 aren't the only 2 really good ones, they're still waaaaaay better than normal soldiers, but they're pretty average for spartan standards...  Okay, Noble 6 does seem to be a lot better than his spartan III counterparts, but pretty much did what he was designed to do.  Hell, spartan IIIs were the suicide grunts of the UNSC, ordered to do suicide missions and be easier to make with a very wide genetic pool instead of the very thin Spartan II one.

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2015, 05:30:43 PM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I know about the terminals, but they really don't give a lot of information, especially if you think The Master Chief and Noble 6 are the only 2 who were capable of wiping out entire platoons.  Pretty much any spartan IIs could do that, as shown in Halo: The Fall of Reach, where Fred, Kelly, and Joshua wiped very nearly wiped out an entire landing force of Covenant Soldiers (Adds up to about 10,000 hostiles in that encounter, not a lot for how many enemies were on Reach, but still) with 3 banshees.  I mean, all they had to do was hijack the banshees with 10000 enemies around and then fly a nuke into the enemy shield just so the EMP doesn't wipe out a generator and then not get caught halfway through (They did).  After all that, they just gotta run and get away, that doesn't sound too hard.  So no, John and Noble 6 aren't the only 2 really good ones, they're still waaaaaay better than normal soldiers, but they're pretty average for spartan standards...  Okay, Noble 6 does seem to be a lot better than his spartan III counterparts, but pretty much did what he was designed to do.  Hell, spartan IIIs were the suicide grunts of the UNSC, ordered to do suicide missions and be easier to make with a very wide genetic pool instead of the very thin Spartan II one.

A team of Spartan-IIs or a well organized and talented team of Spartan-IIIs is not the same as a lonely Spartan finding himself inside enemy lines and give them all a big big fight.
I'm not saying Chief was the best Spartan of all time, but he's been at the right place at the right time quite a bit, and by himself, and has proved to be capable of surviving and take quite a few lives along the way(a few armies here and there), an outstanding feat considering there's very little Spartan II and III left. Halsey, with full knowledge of all Spartans specifically just classified Noble 6 and Chief as such because he has proved it. Although your argument is pretty good, considering Chief spent alot of time working with Blue Team it is very possible that the others can also fit this description, although why must be a reason that Halsey has not disclosed or some sort of emotional bias from Chief.

No, i'm not saying the rest of the spartans are cheap compared to Chief, i'm just trying to justify his title when you're not counting much of his feats. I perfectly know there are other Spartans who can shoot snipers from a very long distance to different targets so fast it would seem like they shot two snipers at the same time (I don't remember HER name).

Damn I don't wanna try and go over all of Halo's lore. It's quite extensive, as it's been even before 343 appeared around the scene unlike what OP's saying. Too little credit to Bungie.

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 11:52:01 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
A team of Spartan-IIs or a well organized and talented team of Spartan-IIIs is not the same as a lonely Spartan finding himself inside enemy lines and give them all a big big fight.
I'm not saying Chief was the best Spartan of all time, but he's been at the right place at the right time quite a bit, and by himself, and has proved to be capable of surviving and take quite a few lives along the way(a few armies here and there), an outstanding feat considering there's very little Spartan II and III left. Halsey, with full knowledge of all Spartans specifically just classified Noble 6 and Chief as such because he has proved it. Although your argument is pretty good, considering Chief spent alot of time working with Blue Team it is very possible that the others can also fit this description, although why must be a reason that Halsey has not disclosed or some sort of emotional bias from Chief.

No, i'm not saying the rest of the spartans are cheap compared to Chief, i'm just trying to justify his title when you're not counting much of his feats. I perfectly know there are other Spartans who can shoot snipers from a very long distance to different targets so fast it would seem like they shot two snipers at the same time (I don't remember HER name).

Damn I don't wanna try and go over all of Halo's lore. It's quite extensive, as it's been even before 343 appeared around the scene unlike what OP's saying. Too little credit to Bungie.
That is a good point, I just never liked how Bungie made Chief out to seem like the last living spartan when three other members from Blue team are still alive (Fred, Kelly, Linda), and a S-III Fireteam known as Katana that were trapped in a forunner stasis pod (admittedly, still considered Clinically KIA), and then Tom and Lucy.  There's also some more spartan IIs I haven't mentioned (Red team and this one other squad of three).  Actually, now that I listed off most of the survivors, Most of these spartans were actually MIA for all of Halo 2 and 3.  Yeah, I'm just gonna stop talking about the alive ones now and explain the reasons for the other points, not actually deny them, because they're true, but just explain why they're like that.

John-117, The Master Chief, is really just incredibly lucky, that's both the reason why Halsy put him as the leader of Blue Team and why she thought him just above the others, same with Noble-6, only he's a S-III Mark B, so she just notices his luck since she doesn't know about the S-III program as of Halo Reach.  Most of the other spartans fit the description, only they don't have the luck factor the Chief and Noble 6 have and you're right, I'm not actually justifying all his titles, and I probably should do a bit better at that.

And we should try and dig into every single little piece of lore, it'd be fantastic. xD

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 05:42:57 AM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
That is a good point, I just never liked how Bungie made Chief out to seem like the last living spartan when three other members from Blue team are still alive (Fred, Kelly, Linda), and a S-III Fireteam known as Katana that were trapped in a forunner stasis pod (admittedly, still considered Clinically KIA), and then Tom and Lucy.  There's also some more spartan IIs I haven't mentioned (Red team and this one other squad of three).  Actually, now that I listed off most of the survivors, Most of these spartans were actually MIA for all of Halo 2 and 3.  Yeah, I'm just gonna stop talking about the alive ones now and explain the reasons for the other points, not actually deny them, because they're true, but just explain why they're like that.

John-117, The Master Chief, is really just incredibly lucky, that's both the reason why Halsy put him as the leader of Blue Team and why she thought him just above the others, same with Noble-6, only he's a S-III Mark B, so she just notices his luck since she doesn't know about the S-III program as of Halo Reach.  Most of the other spartans fit the description, only they don't have the luck factor the Chief and Noble 6 have and you're right, I'm not actually justifying all his titles, and I probably should do a bit better at that.

And we should try and dig into every single little piece of lore, it'd be fantastic. xD
Oh god, I actually checked a thread once on another forum that listed every single piece alot of sources for lore and oh dear, there is so much reading. Just yesterday I was looking for Halsey's journal for the source of the hyper-lethal vector classification and couldn't find it. Halo doesn't seem so lore intensive for people who would, for example, just go ahead and find out Halo existed from Halo 3 or 4. There's even spartan journals. I have Gabriel Thorne's journal, which came from Halo 4 Limited Edition. It's a really nice piece, although UNSC redacted alot of info out.