this is universe 7 mate, not 6
  • March 22, 2017, 09:13:21 AM
    in a parallel universe it is.... ::)
  • March 22, 2017, 09:06:41 AM
    because thats obviously dutch :P
  • March 22, 2017, 02:00:01 AM
    is it [link]
  • March 22, 2017, 01:55:16 AM
    i doubt you can guess my name, because my name is so damn dutch you wont guess it
  • March 22, 2017, 01:54:53 AM
    nah im not a jackson
  • March 21, 2017, 12:21:50 PM
    Jackson. You look like a Jackson

Topic: Super Smash Bros. For Wii U/3DS  (Read 62083 times)

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U/3DS
« on: April 09, 2014, 10:23:46 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I'm surprised no one made a thread on this one yet. No matter. Anyway, I'm sure all of us heard about the upcoming sequel to the Smash Bros. series. What you might NOT know is that they just unveiled two new characters.

Well technically one as Charizard was playable in Brawl, but this will mark his first time as a lone combatant. Oh, and Mega Charizard X will be in as well (probably as his Final Smash).

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:27:05 AM »

Offline Takaroku

• Shenron
  • Honor: 66 / 5
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul Site
  • RagingSoul Leader
  • I am a: Human
Yeahhhhh.... I heard about it, not a big whoop to me. Don't really use pokemon in super smash bros except maybe Pikachu, occasionally Lucario.
✮My Soul is Raging...Is Yours?✮

Sig Credit to xskysaix

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »

Offline Shiro

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse Dbo
  • ♫Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats♫
  • I am a: Karma Majin

:D ;D Megaman is awesome! He is the reason i'm gonna get the game. Well my favorite version of magaman is megaman x.
Typocalypse Guild Master

To Join, Click Here: Typocalypse
ϟNo matter what, never give up!ϟ

My youtube channel  Typo youtube channel  Osu! Head Shot <3

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »
    • View Profile
  • ►KillerBean®◄
Going to buy this shit xD for my WiiU

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 11:56:53 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
this looks ****ing awesome
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Keeping Mewtwo out -- especially when it just got a Mega Evolution -- and putting in Charizard is a travesty. I don't hate Charizard, it just happens to be the single most overrated Pokemon in the history of the franchise. At least Mewtwo has traditionally been good on a competitive level. Greninja's been a pretty good addition to the games, but it's quickly becoming overrated as both a starter and a competitive Pokemon because of its ability, versatility, and stats, but it's probably going to feel like a bad move in a generation or two since starters outside of the first three are really transient.

Anyway, I guess I will buy a Wii U this winter so I can fire this game up on it -- 3DS just isn't going to cover it for me, since I like to have everyone over on the big screen for *ahem* melees and brawls. Wii Fit Trainer is my favorite addition to the roster so far and I'm not sure what that says about me.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile

:D ;D Megaman is awesome! He is the reason i'm gonna get the game. Well my favorite version of magaman is megaman x.

I prefer the Megaman Legends Megaman myself.

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »

Offline FLUXx

• None
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
N64 smash bros is still the best !!!      Ness chops !!  ;)

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 03:49:50 PM »

Offline lightflair

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Pew pew pew pew~!
  • I am a: Wonder Majin
I'm not sure why they are add Greninja, does it mean they will add the other Kalos starters too? Or will they only add Greninja because he is more suited, well I don't know.
Charizard coming back was not hard to see coming, with his 2 new mega-evolutions and all that, but his final smash I think will be a 50-50% transformation into 1 of his mega's OR maybe just a beam made by Y and then he turns into X and punches the way the beam went.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 11:09:50 PM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
    • Legacy
  • ★║-Dead-║★
I cannot wait for this game! It looks soo good! The 3DS' graphics aren't that bad either.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 12:02:56 AM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 35 / 5
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
I'm not sure why they are add Greninja, does it mean they will add the other Kalos starters too? Or will they only add Greninja because he is more suited, well I don't know.
Charizard coming back was not hard to see coming, with his 2 new mega-evolutions and all that, but his final smash I think will be a 50-50% transformation into 1 of his mega's OR maybe just a beam made by Y and then he turns into X and punches the way the beam went.

I think it is stupid to put Greninja in there, I liked the idea of Goku being introduced but he would be too op. I think they will put Charizard X rather then Y since it was used in the mini series of Pokemon Fire Red. I would rather a Umbreon in there, I love my shiny Umbreon on Pokemon Y :D

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 09:57:35 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
I think it is stupid to put Greninja in there, I liked the idea of Goku being introduced but he would be too op. I think they will put Charizard X rather then Y since it was used in the mini series of Pokemon Fire Red. I would rather a Umbreon in there, I love my shiny Umbreon on Pokemon Y :D
You do realize that this game is meant for NINTENDO characters.

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 02:25:49 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
    • View Profile
    • Legacy
  • ★║-Dead-║★
^This
I want to play this game sooo bad right now! I will have to try and fill my needs with Brawl for the time being. Summer hurry up pls.

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 02:29:18 AM »

Offline Trender

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Create, Live, Dragonball
Maybe I buy it for 3DS

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 02:44:21 AM »

Offline Steven

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sexy Steve

Is Metal Gear Solid a Nintendo title?

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 02:51:21 AM »

Offline Griffel

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 14
    • View Profile
  • Griffel > You
  • I am a: Wonder Majin
there was a metal gear on the NES
Anything is Possible.

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 02:52:30 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
    • View Profile
    • Legacy
  • ★║-Dead-║★
Metal Gear Solid was on a Gameboy/NES which was made by Nintendo.

"The inclusion of Konami-created character Solid Snake may seem to conflict with the Super Smash Bros. paradigm—to only include characters from games made by Nintendo and its second parties—but Sakurai said that Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima "practically begged" for Snake to be included in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which did not happen since the game was too far into development. This in turn led to his appearance in the following game instead."

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 03:02:13 AM »

Offline Steven

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Sexy Steve
there was a metal gear on the NES

There might of been a Metal Gear game released on a Nintendo System, but the franchise is not developed by Nintendo.

And if you want to go that argument, I'm fairly sure there were also multiple Dragonball Z games on Nintendo systems as well.

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 03:48:47 AM »
    • View Profile
    • DboKakarot

I still have metal gear on original nintendo, funny how some original nintendo games are actually harder then there future versions on PS3 haha

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 11:46:59 AM »

Offline Steven

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Sexy Steve
Keeping Mewtwo out -- especially when it just got a Mega Evolution -- and putting in Charizard is a travesty. I don't hate Charizard, it just happens to be the single most overrated Pokemon in the history of the franchise. At least Mewtwo has traditionally been good on a competitive level. Greninja's been a pretty good addition to the games, but it's quickly becoming overrated as both a starter and a competitive Pokemon because of its ability, versatility, and stats, but it's probably going to feel like a bad move in a generation or two since starters outside of the first three are really transient.

Anyway, I guess I will buy a Wii U this winter so I can fire this game up on it -- 3DS just isn't going to cover it for me, since I like to have everyone over on the big screen for *ahem* melees and brawls. Wii Fit Trainer is my favorite addition to the roster so far and I'm not sure what that says about me.

Can I come over?

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 12:18:58 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I still have metal gear on original nintendo, funny how some original nintendo games are actually harder then there future versions on PS3 haha

As someone who plays a lot of old video games, I'm pretty sure it's a rule that old video games are more difficult than modern ones. There are a lot of reasons for that and I think I've gone over them before, but a major factor was the fact that older games had less processing power, so they had to be more difficult as a result. Things started easing up in the 16-bit era, but they were still mildly challenging. I'm playing through the Genesis Sonic games right now and they're honestly really, really forgiving compared to earlier titles, even though you really do need to master the games to play them properly and it takes a degree of memorization to avoid too many hardships in certain areas. Still, it's a cakewalk compared to the original Super Mario Bros., let alone the games that were actually hard, like Ninja Gaiden.

Can I come over?

In person would be hard, but Wi-Fi is good. Just wait until the game's out.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
As someone who plays a lot of old video games, I'm pretty sure it's a rule that old video games are more difficult than modern ones. There are a lot of reasons for that and I think I've gone over them before, but a major factor was the fact that older games had less processing power, so they had to be more difficult as a result. Things started easing up in the 16-bit era, but they were still mildly challenging. I'm playing through the Genesis Sonic games right now and they're honestly really, really forgiving compared to earlier titles, even though you really do need to master the games to play them properly and it takes a degree of memorization to avoid too many hardships in certain areas. Still, it's a cakewalk compared to the original Super Mario Bros., let alone the games that were actually hard, like Ninja Gaiden.

In person would be hard, but Wi-Fi is good. Just wait until the game's out.

While I'm at it, can I come over too?

You, Steven, and I can party with SSB4 on your cool TV

XD

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 12:37:49 AM »

Offline Booty

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The rumored Plasma Troll
  • I am a: Majin
Greninja looks nice, but I wanted a revamped mewtwo for smash bros. Will get in 2ds but wiiu is just expensive for the console it is. At least in europe. Would get a wiiu with smash and mario kart at decent price.
My beloved char kudos to Illusion! http://goo.gl/oN7iEW

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 01:09:22 AM »

Offline Ph0enix

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Metal Gear Solid was on a Gameboy/NES which was made by Nintendo.

"The inclusion of Konami-created character Solid Snake may seem to conflict with the Super Smash Bros. paradigm—to only include characters from games made by Nintendo and its second parties—but Sakurai said that Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima "practically begged" for Snake to be included in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which did not happen since the game was too far into development. This in turn led to his appearance in the following game instead."

Quick note here, Metal Gear was release on the MSX2 in Japan, but ported to the NES for an American release. The ending boss was changed from Metal Gear, to a computer that you just put a bomb next to and blew up. The game was popular enough that the studio responsible for porting the game didn't want to see if Kojima was going to make a second one and they made the infamous "Snakes Revenge". Kojima got back at them by creating "Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake" which we didn't see until the repackaging of MGS3.

The only other title to be released on a Nintendo console was "Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes" which was basically a remake of MGS from the PS1, that included features from MGS2 from the PS2. David Hayter (You know.. the guy that got shafted recently as the voice and replaced with Kiefer Southerland) gave up his ENTIRE pay for voicing that game, to pay the other voice actors to come back and redo all the lines to allow a dub'd release outside of Japan.

So... Metal Gear as a series has only had 2 releases on the Nintendo brand that were official.. But, like the quote says.. Kojima really wanted Snake in SSB.

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 03:54:50 PM »

Offline Xellia

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Free Your Mind..
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
So excited!! :D
I'll kill you all >:]
PEACE ONE LOVE